The Senior Database Engineer is responsible for architecting data warehouse, database development, management and automation, application development, business intelligence support and supporting marketing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree and Six to Ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Complete Knowledge of SDLC Cycle.
- Capable of architecting a MSBI solution that matches clients needs
- 10 years experience in SQL development using SQL server 2005/2008/2012.
- Proficient with T-SQL.
- 10 years experience with SQL administration in SQL server 2005/2008/2012.
- 6-10 Years experience with SSIS/SSAS/SSRS.
- Experience working with Developers.
- .NET Development experience is a huge plus
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Analyze source applications, determine data availability, and work with users to develop multi-dimensional (OLAP and MDX) report requirements, build data stores if necessary, and provide general support for the reporting environment.
- Works closely with the upper management and BI Analysts to estimate projects and achieve the goals set.
- Understanding and experience in ETL methodologies, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing principles, approaches, technologies, and architectures including the concepts, designs and usage of data warehouses, data marts, and operational data stores.
- Able to research and identify sources of data from various production systems for reporting applications.
- Define DW strategy /processes for operations, technical architecture Interface with DBA staff.
- Improve adherence to relational database best practices
- Tune queries, investigate and repair database performance issues.
- Maintain a strategic understanding of CRM
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard