Lucky Brand Employee Reviews

Many roles over many years
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Over the decade I worked at Lucky Brand, there were many changes from private owner owned and operated by 2 really down to earth cool guys, to being owned and operated by a major corporation. CEO's and titles were changing every other year with a high turn rate during my final 2 years. The original culture was becoming muddled and the work climate was becoming stressful. A lot of pressure was on the few corporate creative department team members and the overall climate changed. I loved all the opportunity and knowledge I gained working for LBJ, but today it is a different company culture.
Pros
fun hippie rock n roll culture
Cons
selling of company lead to high turn and shift in culture and direction
Extreme sales environment
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2018
Each associate had to meet 1000 dollar sales goals daily with bare minimum foot traffic and outrageously price items pushed co workers to compete against one another for sales.
Reliable Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 4, 2018
The day to day was fairly typical in the sense that you have a set routine of what to do. You have to obviously take care of the customers that come in in order to make sure they are happy. You also have to make sure the the stock is taken care of as it comes in and that the store is recovered.
Very relaxing and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 27, 2017
It was a nice place with nice people and a relaxing environment. I would recommend working there to people of all skills and ages as entry level or even more experienced
Lucky Brand Jeans is A Great Part-Time Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 17, 2017
Lucky Brand Jeans as a whole is a wonderful company, and it has it's employees to thank for that primarily. All of the individuals I have witnessed, from sales associates all the way up to management and beyond have fantastic personalities which I assume keeps the company afloat as well as propels it. The clothing and the people are both quality, and that's what makes working at Lucky Brand Jeans so great. Lucky Brand only offers it's associates part time positions but the amount of hours depends on your sale skills, and work ethic. So it is possible to get a decent amount of hours, in addition to a set work schedule. The hardest part of the job would have to be the act of actually selling. This is required and you have a daily sales goal that you have to meet, however your managers will train and work with you on developing your sale skills until they are up to par. With their help, as well as the help you can find online on a site that is offered to Lucky employees, you can easily become a proficient sales person. But, beyond making the sales Lucky stresses the fact that it isn't just about selling clothing to people in order to get their money, it's about helping the customer find something that they love and feel great in. All in all, Lucky Brand Jeans is wonderful to work for. You are usually paid a bit over minim wage, get trained in sales, are able to be expressive in your attire as long as you are within dress code and only promote Lucky Brand Jean accessories and clothing, and you are able to get a challenge every time you work.
Pros
Challenging, Unique, Closed on Major Holidays, Employee Discount
Cons
Scheduled Hours Very, Sales Goals, No Commission
Amazing place to work but cutting short in work hours.
Seasonal Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2017
It's a fantastic place to work but part time is all that you will get in the end of the day with minimal chance of advancement. I hope that the district manager will be able to change all that.
Amazing Talent and Product!
Product Development & Production (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2017
Lucky has a way of attracting amazing talent! The product is challenging and complex and all internal and external teams are highly collaborative. Compensation is great, but work hours are very long. Location is challenging, being downtown LA, so commuting is a must from any location.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 30, 2017
I enjoyed working at Lucky Brand on King St. It was such a great atmosphere. I loved the competitive job to make the best sales. I had the opportunity to win prizes the more I sold and the discounts on clothing as an employee are incredible.
Pros
Discounts and great hours
Cons
short breaks. no coverage
Free jeans on Black Friday, and complimentary food; a job well done.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 26, 2017
A typical day at work begins with clocking in, taking the floor, and preparing to sell the Lucky Brand clothing for men and women. Learned to prosper the customer and work well with my executives. Management was the best professionally. The hardest part of the job is to take five customers at once.
Pros
Consideration, Black Friday; free pair of Lucky Jeans&compensation.
Cons
Wish to have worked past seasonal.
Productive fun place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 15, 2017
This place was not only fun but productive. I learned a lot and it expanded my experience. Got free lunches sometimes. The work did get me exhausted though
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CANovember 14, 2017
Lucky brand are not very busy in the mornings but in mid day or afternoon it starts to get busy employees are very productive and active when I was working there my fellow co workers were so nice to help me when I started working there!
Pros
Very productive and or active
Cons
Some employees sometimes would stand around and do nothing
Great learning experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, WANovember 11, 2017
Lucky is a great place to start gaining retail experience, the staff is made up of fun and nice people and you learn a lot about product knowledge as well as how to be an exceptional associate.
Slow paced job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYNovember 9, 2017
Not enough business which makes it not give enough hours. But the co workers are fun and helpful, the customers don't bark at you, and folding jeans sure is easy.
Time at Lucky
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYNovember 7, 2017
It is a great place to work. Management and co-workers are great to work along with on a day to day. Everyone has a positive attitude and the work atmosphere is fast paced but also amazing.
Horrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 5, 2017
This job was the worst thing to happen to me, yes they had great discounts but my co-workers were so annoying and extremely competitive, the managers are horrible and make you do pointless tasks. I only got along with four or five employees, the key holder was great, and so was one assistant manager, the other assistant manager and general manager were just horrible. At this camarillo location they obviously have favorites and you definitely feel out of the loop when first working there.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours, horrible management, terrible co-workers
Clientele based enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CA 91915October 29, 2017
Every customer that came thru the doors was a potential client and making it the days mark, we would compete within each other and start greeting customers as they came in and as they left. We would win one and complete the task and be rewarded with bonuses.
Pros
Bounuses
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 29, 2017
Exceeded monthly sales goals consistently increasing commission. Rotated as sales associate, inventory leader, and cashier due to ability to handle multiple tasks and still maintain hourly sales goals
Fun place to work
F/T STOCK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
Great atmosphere and awesome people. Encourage you to add your own style when it comes to dress code and to be yourself. Always enjoyed going to work each day
Wonderful place to work
P/T SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 25, 2017
Great vibe and culture at Lucky Brand. They care about you and will do what they can to help you. Everyone is cool and laid back, makes you want to go to work each day.
Pros
Great people, awesome discount
Cons
not enough hours sometimes
average pay, inconsistent hours, fun environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2017
scheduled low hours, products priced high. wish i was scheduled more, but not complaints about the job itself.

sales do change often and sometimes that is hard to keep up with when the sales change every week .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucky Brand. Our community is ready to answer.