Lucky Eagle Casino Employee Reviews

bad environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAJanuary 10, 2018
You are around very thick cigarette smoke, alot of druggies running around. Management seems very cut throat and are more,about what you can do for them
Pros
Good benfits
Cons
bad management
Entertainment Industry
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAOctober 2, 2017
It has been too long since I worked here for me to write a relevant review. The remainder of this portion will simply be filler to progess to the next step.
Pros
Health and Dental
Cons
Customers
Great place to work if you stay out of drama
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WASeptember 30, 2017
Can be a very stressful place to work, but isn't too bad if you stay out of drama. There is very much a high school feel to it. Also, if one server makes a mistake, the entire crew tends to get written up, regardless of their involvement.
Cons
Gossip
Fast Paced Environment
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WASeptember 29, 2017
It was fun getting to talk to all types of people. Getting to see patrons win jackpots, paying patrons their winnings. Most enjoyable was definitely getting to walk around and talk to people.
Pros
Fast Paced, always busy
Cons
Work schedule
Productive work place
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, WASeptember 5, 2017
They aren't fair. They pick favorites. Only accommodate for the people they want to. Sabotage people to get them fired. This is only for the housekeeping department and laundry.
very stressful
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Rochester, WAAugust 1, 2017
good bartenders and for the most part friendly servers. poor management very stressful atmosphere. The hardest part is walking around the floor and no matter how hard you try people do not tip. Most enjoyable part is visiting with the bartenders.
Pros
reduced price lunches
Cons
stressful environment and poor management.
Good work environment
Cocktail server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAJune 10, 2017
This was a fun and well run place to work with plenty of chances for promotion. Its like working with a bunch of your family members who all have each others backs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Angry guests
It's a semi-alright job.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAApril 8, 2017
Working at the Lucky Eagle Casino as a buffet cook was okay. Mostly all of the Chef's have no leadership skills due to not having any experience outside of the casino. This can make for some very toxic supervisors that overall weigh the job down. They are often on a power trip and don't attempt to recognize that they're on a team with those who work for them.

As to the work itself, it can be very boring because nothing ever changes on the buffet line. It's simple work, but if you're one who wants to keep busy and learn lots of new things, I might look elsewhere.

My coworkers were fantastic and made the job as fun as possible during my time there.

Overall, I would probably stay away from this one. There is little opportunity for growth and the job is overall mediocre.. As a cook the job will likely not keep you satisfied. Mostly all of mid-level management will not treat you like an actual human-being.

If anything, I would consider applying elsewhere in the casino. The overall culture they preach to have seems great, but I don't see it represented in Food and Beverage.
Pros
Paid Lunch Breaks, Great Coworkers
Cons
Toxic environment, Poor leadership skills in management
very fast paced job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 19, 2017
This was a good job. I just don't think it was the job for me. I like how you can work along and at your own pace and if you need help you would get it.
good company positive outlook on future goals
Line Cook I (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAFebruary 17, 2017
this company is wonderful the people are kind and careing and so easy to get along with they feel like family.this company is growing fast .
Very nice place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAFebruary 13, 2017
It was nothing hard about the job and I enjoyed the fact of seeing different people leave satisfied.I really learned alot.
800+ people but a family type centered work environment. Great people to work with!
Food & Beverage Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, WADecember 18, 2016
The best part of the job by far is my co-workers. I feel challenged each day with my job duties, each day is a little bit different. Interacting with fellow Team Members, planning, and organizing are some of my favorite items within my job. Also serving in a support capacity to my team gives me a sense of team work and pride.
Pros
Consistant Paychecks, Great Team Member Dining Room, Free Soup and Salad at Lunch, Frequent Team Member Events & Activities
Cons
Building Location
its a decent place to work
Kitchen Helper / prep cook (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAOctober 6, 2016
its a decent place to work good environment nice people that you work with nice and funny guests and some management was good
cleanliness
Pros
good work nice people
Cons
por management and cleanliness
Learning to Manage Failure not create sucsess
Shift Supervisor/Banquets Chef (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAOctober 5, 2016
Report to Head Chef and be told what I was to do for the day
Management was unseen and gave no clear direction, only seen when there was a problem brought to there attention by another department of customer complaint
Employees create there own playground style workplace
Some great employees that take there job personal
Most enjoyable part of the job where the co-workers and employees
Pros
Free soup and salad for lunch, good benefits, caring tribe
Cons
Poor Management
productive and fun place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WASeptember 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting the chance to help people. My co workers were great and some of them helped me to better myself and become a better worker,
Fast Paced, Changing Workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAJuly 21, 2016
Days were full of challenges, as I was trained in all 5 restaurants on the premises and often had to work in more than one on a typical day. Days were usually longer than scheduled. Management was normally very visible, but usually delegating more than anything productive or team oriented. I felt that I and my coworkers worked extremely hard and were usually understaffed, but we always got things done and wore the smiles our customers were accustom to.
Pros
Reduced Lunches
Cons
No room for improvement from where I was.
Fast paced job
Player's Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and enjoyed seeing all the new faces throughout the day. The hardest part about this job was the smoke. I am a non smoker and this was really difficult for me. If you like a entertaining job then this is a good one for you.
Pros
Entertaining
Cons
Smoke
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAMay 4, 2016
Working at the casino i learned was able to expand my customer service skills with a wide variety of cultural different customers. At times the casino was really unorganized but i made it workable to the best of my knowledge.
Pros
making some good friends and great benefits
Cons
occasionally employees would not get breaks due to understaffing
Great People and Great Fun!
Learning and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, WAMarch 10, 2016
A great sense of team throughout the property. Lucky Eagle is a Fun and exciting atmosphere, quality team members - a sense of family. "It's Where You Belong!"
Pros
Free and low-cost meals
Fun work place
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAFebruary 23, 2016
Politics can be an issue here. Pay and advancement are very difficult, due to the low budgets provided. Just depending on who you are and your position, 4 peoples worth of work could be expected from you. Very under staffed. Food and Beverage is the most diverse, fun department to work in, however advancing or being able to complete what is expected can sometimes be impossible.
Pros
Cheap Lunches, Free Salad Bar, Associate Recognition, Diverse Atmosphere
Cons
Totem Pole Oriented