Lucky Employee Reviews

store no longer open
Cashier, Safety Captain and Scan Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2016
It was a typical grocery store, The duties were to give the best customer service in the fastest way possible. When it was a slow day cashier were required to do some stocking, cleaning or water needed to be done around the store. However, store was sold and was closed.
great environment
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJanuary 3, 2017
amazing place to work for, customer service is priority and willing to work for what is best for its employees, being school or family. very family oriented environment.
Pros
long lunches and great pay
Cons
high stress jobs
Great starter job
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 2, 2016
A great company to start off your first employment experience. If you are a hard worker there is high possibilities of advancement in the company. Paid vacations, Union based, 401k.
Pros
Weekly paydays
Fast pace environment and great team support.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Union City, CASeptember 19, 2015
Lots of data entry (prescriptions), customer service, communicating with insurance companies, dispensing medications, and clerical works such filing prescriptions, answer phone calls and organizing.
Pros
Team support
Cons
Cut hours
I'm wurking full time but my contact is part time. We have dental medical benefits Culture is very good , The security is very important in my job,e,
Clerck (Former Employee) –  Millbrae, CAMay 20, 2012
Every day is very busy, in load night or no.
I'm learned about work, help costumers, face distribution of merchandise, drive jack pallets.Etc.
Management is ok the same in the world.
We are good time,
When came big load,because this is hard,when we pull and push heavy pallets
When finish and see the store,en good condition and can help the costumers.and the people said oh is very good thank
Pros
we have free lunch some time and party
Cons
we have, every two hours brake and we have medical, dentist insurancee
Enjoyable workplace
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 21, 2012
At luckys a typical day was to just help customers out and make sure they found everything ok. Also answer the phone and answer any questions the customer had. The store manager was great and
Up until this day I still talk to her and go visit her, and the coworker we all got along and now even hang out outside of work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers, and the most enjoyable part was actually getting to know the customers.
Pros
able to interact with customers, and having flexible schedules
Cons
sometimes having to work late shifts and having to close
Was alot of hard work, fast pace, Got dirty or greasy daily
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 20, 2012
Worked hard, I always had to work the closing shift due to a full time day job. So I was responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the deli/bakery area. I worked 20 -30 hours aweek on top of a 40 hour full time day job, so was very exhausting. My direct manager was not fair with the scheduling as far as weekend schedules.
Pros
medical benifits, additional income.
Cons
went home dirty and greasy every shift. alot of favortism with management.
Night Crew Grocery
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Millbrae, CAJuly 23, 2013
Miguel Guerrero
Executive Summary
My name is Miguel Guerrero i'm 28 years and i been in the grocery/warehouse business for 8 years. My duties range from warehouse work such as stocking shelves, operating fork lift and power jack equipment. Maintain a clean backroom, supervising 5 employee's and making sure their duties are complete by the end of shifts. I'm also in charge of the ordering products for the store, and when needed i help in the inventory.

07/2005- Current
Millbrae, Ca
I am in charge of employees loading trailers, I have to make sure to validate trailers we have and employees load
as efficent as possible.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Night Crew.
operator
Gomaco 3500 Operator/Cement Mason (Former Employee) –  Concrete, COApril 24, 2012
Typically I would start off by meeting at work yard and load up equipment for the day. Then arrive at jobsite and get to it. Working in the masons field is something you have to learn to adapt to. You can always find something to do and just keep busy. You should not have any problems. It takes hard work to keep up and get it going smoothly but once it gets set right it goes right along.
fun
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 3, 2014
I love this job this was my first job out of high school in '07. loved all my co-workers we really worked as a team.

I hated the manager he was always very rude. He would talk down to you like you were 5. and if you told him like two weeks in advance that you couldnt work one day he wouldnt listen and still schedule in that day.
fast paced work invironment.
Pharmacy Technician/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 30, 2013
I learned tremendously in the laboratory preparing chemotherapy, transplant medications along with IV's and other stat medications in the inpatient pharmacy. Very good learning experience for me.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
schedule changes every two weeks and graveyard shift
Just a grocery store
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 4, 2013
Working at a grocery store has its advantages, you can start at an entry level position and make it to manager with no qualifications. However, it is pretty much what you would expect. Low pay for clerks and the work isn't that hard.
Pros
Job advancement is actually a thing here.
Cons
Low starting pay.
Understaffed
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAApril 25, 2012
at any given time, there were at maximum 2 courtesy clerks on the clock, and more than double the amount of checkouts open. The cashiers who i worked with were very friendly and informative and made learning the job easy. The managers of the store were more often than not, absent.
Fast pace, jam-packed list of duties, not enough people to complete
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 18, 2013
A typical day would be to arrive, and presented a list of things to complete in addition to the responsibilities that come with each shift (ex: 11:30am-8:30pm and 1:00pm-10:00pm have separate responsibilities that are to be completed each day). We are constantly being called into the office to be talked to about new procedures that we haven't been properly trained to do. This makes the environment to be unfriendly since employees are usually angry or stressed out. In addition to all of the things we have to do, we have our daily lunch and dinner time rush, which causes the store to be chaotic. The hardest part is trying to complete everything before leaving. If things are left undone, we are called into the office the next day to be disciplined. The most enjoyable times of the day are lunch, and going home.
Pros
Location, Customers can be friendly
Cons
Benefits, dull work environment, poor management, low moral
Lucky (American Stores / Albertson's) is no longer a valid company to rate
Marketing and Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 14, 2014
This company was purchased by Cerebrus and sold off or dissolved. This review does not reflect SaveMart as I was not employed by SaveMart.
challenging very enjoyable environment
Body Art Practitioner (Former Employee) –  hollywood,caOctober 27, 2014
Open shop every morning.
Interact with people from all over the world.
I enjoy every moment because I have the honor of placing my artwork on human flesh.
Great People at Lucky
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 4, 2013
Had the best group of managers ever, always looked forward to working with them. Work may be tiring, but it was all worth it. One of my favorite places to work.
personal owner, did his own thing.
cashier and cook (Former Employee) –  memphisJune 15, 2012
lucky 7 benifited from my experience of customer service.never work in an enviroment like that before,aways confusion,so i quit.
Albertsons was bad
Group Store Director (Former Employee) –  martinezAugust 29, 2012
The hours wherer to long.
They had no work life balance.
They went out of business.
Pros
luckys was better
Cons
they went out of business
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  richmond, CAOctober 30, 2014
Productive and fun workplace with a lot of food. My co-workers were amazing and they all helped ne whenever I needed help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucky. Our community is ready to answer.