lucy activewear Employee Reviews

Encouraging environnement for Growth
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 5, 2017
Strong management team throughout the company. There were always opportunities for growth. Strong connections were made and developmental growth. Will be carried further on.
Fun place to work
Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2017
I love the culture and management of lucy. I love our customers and making them feel good for any workout or trip. Management listens and respects their employees. I would highly recommend this job to anyone.
Lucy Activewear is a great first job and teaches awesome retail sales skills.
Part Time Retail Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CASeptember 5, 2017
Lucy Activewear has wonderful options for all athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and clients looking to become more athletic. I would recommend that everyone who is athletic give Lucy a chance. The team is supportive, hardworking, and it is a great part time or full time job for anyone with minimal sales experience to lots of sales experience.
Pros
Great Discounts for Super helpful activewear.
Cons
Shifts get a little slow.
Good sales associate experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 1, 2017
At Lucy Activewear I learned the importance of customer/sales associate relations. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing relationships with returning customers.
Great place to work. You can have fun with friends and customers while working.
Supervisor/ Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2017
A typical work day would be overseeing the sales floor and sales associates to make sure we hit all of our goals while having fun. Selling and creating outfits for clients is very fun. You get to shop while you work! I learned how to effectively run a business and the key components on what factors make a business great.
Technical product development, true to mission statement.
Sourcing Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMay 16, 2017
LOVE this company. I regret leaving lucy. The internal teams worked very well together. There was great understanding and synergy among cross-functional teams and vendors. It was great to go to work everyday and exceed performance needed for the job.
Pros
Gorgeous compound, great sample sales, free yoga and bootcamp classes.
Fun and productive work environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILApril 18, 2017
I used a lot of customer service skills that helped me in the future and I maintained wonderful time management qualities that helped me in the future. It was a very fun job.
Amazing company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 10, 2017
Learned to manage a store. Learning the different aspects of the business from merchandising, managing to event planning.
We had an amazing team that worked well together and planned events to help get the ucy brand out there.
Clothing Is Great! Management is Horrible!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 4, 2017
Worked Part Time at the Roseville Store and the manager is one of the worst! Extremely Arrogant and talks so loud, you feel like you are always being yelled at. She is always out of town when the floor sets are due. Gets everyone to do her job for her and takes the credit and of course, the money Very self centered, self serving, does not care about staff, writes people up for situations that were beyond their control, but gets blamed for them, anyway. Doesn't allow you to take off days that you personally need, but she is always taking off days that she wants instead. Sacramento manager is no better. Extremely rude to employees when she called our store. Customers constantly say that, that store is rude and they always would bring back returns to the roseville store instead of dealing with their attitude there.

Doesn't matter much, moving forward, Lucy Activewear is closing all of their stores by years end anyway. Too bad for the product, but not for the employees. Don't waste your time working there, it will be short lived and you won't enjoy it anyway.
Pros
Great discount on clothes. Great clothes.
Cons
Horrible Management!
I liked taking time with customers ( which I call them the "Fans"
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Great relationships with the customers helping make outfits for workout gear and vacations for the Fans. We take good care our customers.
Was a great place to work until management changed
Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 3, 2016
This was an awesome place to work for many years, until someone under qualified was promoted to district manager. Several store managers left because of it, shift leads who originally refused to work more than 15-20 hours a week were getting promoted to ASMs... the place turned into a joke. I've heard through the grapevine that it's gotten worse since. I loved working with all my managers prior to this change, & it seemed everyone else did as well. It's too bad. VF is a good company, as long as you steer clear of lucy!
Pros
The company wide discounts, the customer base, company culture, salary isn't bad for retail
Cons
Upper management is not knowledgeable
Fun place to work during college.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 12, 2016
Working at Lucy is great because of the flexible schedule, dress code, and culture. Advancement opportunities from Sales Associate to Supervisor to Assistant Manager can be easy and quick as long as you work hard and consistently engage with customers. Moving up to Store Manager position is difficult as it is based on if the District Manager likes you, so make sure you build a great relationship early on.
Pros
Flexible schedule, awesome discount, great work environment
Cons
Assistant Manager does just as much as Store Manager but for less pay.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 17, 2015
you will feel part of a team at lucy. they will work with your schedule and make sure that you are getting as many or as little hours as you require. switching shifts or finding coverage is never a problem, and you will feel motivated to be a great salesperson.
great fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 12, 2015
always learning. Co-workers are great. Work life balance is awesome. Team is fun and always smiling, customers are always cheerful
Easy day-to-day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 22, 2015
The hardest part of this job was the monotony. There were days when only five or six customers came in during a shift. It was a low-stress job I got after moving back to town after two years. I met some great people, learned a lot about yoga wear, and waited six months for a promised promotion that ended up last minute being given to an outside-hire. I've heard of multiple employees strung along only to be passed over.
Pros
Great discount, flexible hours
Cons
Uncommunicative corporation, constant turn-over, no room for creativity or any ideas other than those sent directly from corporate
Fun and educational
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2015
I learned a lot about fitness and different way to sell products to customers.
Depends on who your working under
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2015
H&M teach a lot of good work ethic but you have no life. They pay pretty well and you can move up if u work hard and dont complain.
healthy and happy atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  arlington, VADecember 8, 2014
There's a work , life balance here you don't ever feel over worked.Management was great i never feel like i can't talk to them certain situation or concern.Also i learned stronger communication skills will allow a salesperson to recognize and adapt a sales presentation for the various types of customers.
Pros
everyday you wear comfortable cloth, and great discount
Cons
our store was kind of slow store, i like being busy
Good but not great
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 14, 2014
Good experience and training for a first retail job.

Treatment of employees was fair. Reasonable hours and breaks were managed well by store manager and supervisors. Employee expectations were sometimes unreasonable and feedback was not constructive as it came too late or was not consistent.

Good place to work, but not great.
Pros
Good product, Employee discount, Fair wage
Cons
Have to buy own uniform (store product) which is necessary for work
Worst company to work for
sales executive (Former Employee) –  nyMay 8, 2014
Terrible management and horrible HR. There is zero respect when it comes to embracing different cultures and the top level executives do not own their businesses.
Pros
no pros
Cons
basic