lucy activewear

lucy activewear Employer Reviews

Good but not great
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good product, employee discount, fair wage
Cons: have to buy own uniform (store product) which is necessary for work
Good experience and training for a first retail job.

Treatment of employees was fair. Reasonable hours and breaks were managed well by store manager and supervisors. Employee expectations were sometimes unreasonable and feedback was not constructive as it came too late or was not consistent.

Good place to work, but not great.
Worst company to work for
sales executive (Former Employee), nyMay 8, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: basic
Terrible management and horrible HR. There is zero respect when it comes to embracing different cultures and the top level executives do not own their businesses.
Ever changing company culture
Store Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2014
Company is in search of its identity and changes direction often.
Chill, amiable and likable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: employee discount, breaks are mandatory, good employee culture
Cons: boring, somewhat difficult to advance without prior experience
Enjoyable first retail job. Management is excellent and always helpful, never condescending or patronizing. The product is amazing and therefore fun to sell. Hardest part of the job was that it was somewhat slow-paced most of the day but that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it can be boring.
Fast paced and encouraging workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee), Corte Madera, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Working at Lucy has been a great experience. It is so fulfilling to have a customer who walks in the door with a negative body image leave the store feeling great about the merchandise that she bought that is going to help her achieve her goals of living an active lifestyle.
Sharing the love for fitness and fashion to women of all backgrounds
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAOctober 11, 2013
Teaching and informing customers of the benefits of Lucy products and a Lucy Woman lifestyle.
Fast pace
Receiving Clerk/ PTL Operator (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 27, 2013
My typical day at work (after being placed into a couple of different departments) was to walk up an down a line placing pieces of clothing into boxes to be shipped to Lucy stores across the nation.
I think that the one thing that I learned is that it is better to double check everything as I do it.
Management was small- 4 people. They were relaxed, – more... and were always great about giving credit to jobs well done. We always knew what was happening within the company through our monthly meetings.
My co-workers were an amazing group of people to work with. They all fostered a "work hard but have fun doing it" attitude.
There really was no hard part of my job, other than learning the bus system in a new city and state.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the people I worked with. – less
Great non-serious job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bouder, COApril 10, 2013
Pros: goals, great team, discount
Cons: long 'on call' hours
Very competitive sales team. No compensation for extra sales. Fun to work there but not a long term career due to poor compensation. Great discount!
Fun first job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Natick, MAApril 3, 2013
Pros: outdoor workplace, enjoyable
Cons: seasonal
This was a seasonal job where I would work from april-september at a garden center. I was responsible for taking care of two greenhouses and several water beds filled with various plant species. I now have a lot of acquired knowledge regarding water species, plant pest management and water landscaping.
Fun workplace
Coordinator (Current Employee), Alameda, CAFebruary 17, 2013
You are able to wear stretchy pants everyday and it's a fun, active environment where working out during the day on the campus gym is encouraged.

Pay isn't big compared to other large retailers.
Great Product and Customer Base
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Alameda, CAAugust 30, 2012
Responsible for all aspects of store management including sales, P&L, operations, customer service, staffing, associate development, merchandising assortment, and inventory control. Manage a team of 15-35.
Good customer service culture, strong product and a strong team environment.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2012
As a sales associate, I am responsible for excellent customer service, having extreme product knowledge, maintaining the sales floor and helping with closing task. I have learned a lot about Lucy's specialty fabrics and how they work well for the activities the customers are interested in. the staff is fun and easy to get along with. and the most enjoyable – more... part about the job is the light competition to make your sales goal for the day to help the store make day. – less