Ludvik Electric Co. Employee Reviews

Enthusiastic Company with Excellent Advancement Opportunities
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 27, 2016
I was hired on as an Administrative Assistant and was promoted to Project Coordinator within a few months. I am receiving professional training and the project managers are extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions I may have. Upper management is friendly and have molded a great culture for this company. I am so proud to be working for an company that truly cares about their people and the environment.
Pros
Incredible Training Opportunities, Room for Advancement, Employee Friendships, Friendly Atmosphere, Welcoming Culture, Laughter, Team Building Projects
Great Culture Great opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 19, 2016
Great atmosphere! Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. Company provides beverages daily and food on Tuesday and Thursday.

Wonderful team building events, picnic and monthly celebrations.
Great opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Culture, benefits, people
too much turnover
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 13, 2016
pay is marginal, no annual raises as promised unless you know someone. over 10 higher ups quit in the last year. going down fast. gonna wait to see what happens with the little they have
Pros
coworkers are great and they care about safety
Cons
no raises, no bonus as promised, everyone is leaving
Good company but advancement opportunities were only available to relatives
Q/A Q/C electrical (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 8, 2017
The hardest part of the job was an assignment out of town for 2 1/2 years.
The most enjoyable part of the job was mentoring the apprentices and journey men.
Colorado
Power Electrician (Former Employee) –  Boulder ColoradoFebruary 2, 2017
good company state of colorado was not for me is all the rent was to expensive and all i did was sit in traffic working a 10 hour day and spending 14 hours from home was no bueno. good place to work though
No leadership
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 31, 2016
Could be a good company but too much turnover. Poor communication. Nobody ever communicates with other departments. Human Resources is known as The Vodo department.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
CFO is in violation of so many laws. Doesn't care.
reliable employment
SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 1, 2016
Ludvik was a great place to work in 10 years I only had 1 week wher i was not working, the training department was great always kept up with the growing industry.
might as well join the army!
3rd yr apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 9, 2015
terrible work culture, incompetent management. willful breaking of apprenticeship to juorneyman ratios. they dont care if your kid is sick, you must come to work. they dont care about experience levels, you must get it done. they dont care about safety, it must get done. from what i saw when i left, what ever made them great has been lost, you are looking at a gigantic future law suit. stay away.
Pros
pay
Cons
life
A stepping stone
Project Coordinator/Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 11, 2014
Ludvik isn't a bad place to work, but not a great one either. The management is very old school and rigid, but also very knowledgeable. I worked as a member of upper management for this company for two years. They created a decent corporate culture and had good benefits. Some of the supervisors are excellent to work for, some are a little more difficult but none of them I would say made life terrible. As far as opportunity, work freedom and general culture I would say the company is good.

However, salaried employees end up with a raw deal. Ludvik requires salaried employees to work 50 hrs a week, no OT compensation and their pay is marginal at best, also prepare yourself to deal with your superiors taking credit for the hard work you put in. I eventually left because I realized my qualifications could get me a better paying job with less hours than what they offered. Ultimately the experience was good and the lessons learned were invaluable. A good place to get a start, but if you want to make it big in the electrical contracting business then you should probably only use them as a training exercise and not a long term employer.
Pros
Culture and benefits
Cons
Pay, hours and recognition
Ludvik Electric
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 12, 2012
Overall, just NOT a good working environment. Management intimidates employees and demonstrates a clear lack of ability and knowledge of good interpersonal and management skills to the point of gross incompetence. Training and development efforts at the time I was there were virtually non-existent and those who did do training were, again, grossly incompetent.

Worst of all, employees were told to lie on their timecards. Employees were told they needed to be at work by 7 a.m. and work ended at 5 p.m. - a total of 10 hours of work with a 1 hour lunch, so people were getting paid for 8 hours of work when they were actually working 9 or more, a grossly unfair business practice if I've ever seen one.

DO NOT work for this company if you can avoid it. It truly is a dysfunctional and hostile work environment.

Comment – February 16, 2016

I wasn't talking about their electrical experience, more so their interpersonal communication and management skills. And, since you have no idea how long ago it was I was there, you obviously are uniformed, so your comments are moot.

worst company out there
project manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood coloradoJuly 30, 2015
The management treats the project management staff like their slaves and whipping boys. I got sick and need a couple of days off and was told be at work or your job is gone when you get back. It's as if they delight in running people off.. work anyplace but Ludvik..
Pros
its a terrible job
Cons
management hates the employees
Terrible Experience
Laughable (Former Employee) –  LakewoodSeptember 23, 2013
Management was lazy and incompetent. No real on boarding or new hire training to speak of. The former employee left a mess and I was expected to clean it up without any direction or help. There is a lot of favoritism and narcissism as the CEO has all of his family and friends working for him even if they are incompetent. Don't waste your time working at a company like this.
fair and accessible managers
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 5, 2012
good company to work for. Management approachable and great continuing education offered.
Hard working and safety come first
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2012
A typical day at work would start out with showing up 15 minutes early and going to our meeting spot. We would stretch and discuss any safety issues for the day. We would then, divide into our groups and go to our tasks. Could be ranging from bending pipe,pulling wire, digging a ditch, etc. I learned quite a bit:how to pull wire, bend between 1/2 inch inch and 2 1/2 inch pipe, set up a tear down all machines for pulling wire, operate fork lift and scissor lift, using all basic hand tools and power tools including: crimping, wire cutter, drill, hammer drill, etc. The hardest part of the job was working with so many people in such a small area. The best part of it was having a fun day with a bunch of buddies while getting work done and getting paid.
Pros
15 minutes breaks and a lunch
Cons
porta johns
great company
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  lakewood, coMarch 11, 2015
ludvik is one of the best employers i have had.I would return to work there any time.they have excellent pay and benefits and a top notch apprenticeship program.
Good Company
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 25, 2013
Wored a project with this company a few years ago, they are a good company. their benefit program is second to none. They make an effort to keep the employees working, they ask for a days work if you give it to them you will stay busy.
Pros
Ggreat benefits
Cons
Not sure I can think of any.
Not a good company to work for if you are looking for long term employment.
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 17, 2013
I thought I had found a good job worth hanging onto. Was offered a chance to go back to school this next yr to further my education. Which I thought was awesome. So in turn to show my dedication to the job I order more tool through them. The day they laid me off I got my last check. Well they were kind enough to take the remainder of what I owed for my tools out of my last check. So for Christmas and my oldest son's bday I had a whole 88 dollars to work with. Thanks Ludvik!
Pros
gained more experience and more tools
Cons
laid off
misserable company to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTOctober 20, 2014
Management doesnt talk to the people that are not from Colorado. The co-workers were the same way
long hours, great pay
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  riverton, utAugust 23, 2012
management needs work, always have to wait for conformation before starting something new.
Foreman
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2013
I have worked for Ludivk Electric it is a great company would like to work for you . I have been running work for along time 28year Electrician. I like a challenge at work I learn something every day if I am not I not trying hard I have manage up to 20 people on the Job it takes a good team to get the job completed on time.
Pros
one that likes there job and happy to be there
Cons
need good health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ludvik Electric Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9