Ludvik Electric Co. Employee Reviews in United States

might as well join the army!
3rd yr apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 9, 2015
terrible work culture, incompetent management. willful breaking of apprenticeship to juorneyman ratios. they dont care if your kid is sick, you must come to work. they dont care about experience levels, you must get it done. they dont care about safety, it must get done. from what i saw when i left, what ever made them great has been lost, you are looking at a gigantic future law suit. stay away.
Pros
pay
Cons
life
worst company out there
project manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood coloradoJuly 30, 2015
The management treats the project management staff like their slaves and whipping boys. I got sick and need a couple of days off and was told be at work or your job is gone when you get back. It's as if they delight in running people off.. work anyplace but Ludvik..
Pros
its a terrible job
Cons
management hates the employees
Amazing Company
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2015
Ludvik is a well established and extremely well managed company. They always keep their employees busy and the pay is higher than competing companies. They care about the employees and provide a safe and educational work environment.
Pros
anuall bonuses
great company
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  lakewood, coMarch 11, 2015
ludvik is one of the best employers i have had.I would return to work there any time.they have excellent pay and benefits and a top notch apprenticeship program.
Not a good company to work for if you are looking for long term employment.
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 17, 2013
I thought I had found a good job worth hanging onto. Was offered a chance to go back to school this next yr to further my education. Which I thought was awesome. So in turn to show my dedication to the job I order more tool through them. The day they laid me off I got my last check. Well they were kind enough to take the remainder of what I owed for my tools out of my last check. So for Christmas and my oldest son's bday I had a whole 88 dollars to work with. Thanks Ludvik!
Pros
gained more experience and more tools
Cons
laid off

Comment – May 11, 2013

We go through a very thorough process in determining our layoffs, taking input from foreman on up to the construction manager. If you got laid off its because you scored low and were viewed as a weak employee by your superiors. You have no oine but yourself to blame if Ludvik lays you off

Hard working and safety come first
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2012
A typical day at work would start out with showing up 15 minutes early and going to our meeting spot. We would stretch and discuss any safety issues for the day. We would then, divide into our groups and go to our tasks. Could be ranging from bending pipe,pulling wire, digging a ditch, etc. I learned quite a bit:how to pull wire, bend between 1/2 inch inch and 2 1/2 inch pipe, set up a tear down all machines for pulling wire, operate fork lift and scissor lift, using all basic hand tools and power tools including: crimping, wire cutter, drill, hammer drill, etc. The hardest part of the job was working with so many people in such a small area. The best part of it was having a fun day with a bunch of buddies while getting work done and getting paid.
Pros
15 minutes breaks and a lunch
Cons
porta johns
Ludvik Electric
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 12, 2012
Overall, just NOT a good working environment. Management intimidates employees and demonstrates a clear lack of ability and knowledge of good interpersonal and management skills to the point of gross incompetence. Training and development efforts at the time I was there were virtually non-existent and those who did do training were, again, grossly incompetent.

Worst of all, employees were told to lie on their timecards. Employees were told they needed to be at work by 7 a.m. and work ended at 5 p.m. - a total of 10 hours of work with a 1 hour lunch, so people were getting paid for 8 hours of work when they were actually working 9 or more, a grossly unfair business practice if I've ever seen one.

DO NOT work for this company if you can avoid it. It truly is a dysfunctional and hostile work environment.

Comment – May 11, 2013

First and foremost, I do apologize as you obviously had a certain construction manager as your supervisor, and yes he is very poor at his management style. To say though that management is incompetent is ridiculous, all of the senior leaders have an incredible amount of experience, and for the most part all are very caring, very solid managers who use tactful ways to motivate their employees. The training director has sat on virtually every board there is to do with electricity. I would be cautious of any PC who bad mouths the company, many of them were either not doing their job and surfing the web, or made decisions that required approval which they did not obtain.

Foreman
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2013
I have worked for Ludivk Electric it is a great company would like to work for you . I have been running work for along time 28year Electrician. I like a challenge at work I learn something every day if I am not I not trying hard I have manage up to 20 people on the Job it takes a good team to get the job completed on time.
Pros
one that likes there job and happy to be there
Cons
need good health care
Terrible Experience
Laughable (Former Employee) –  LakewoodSeptember 23, 2013
Management was lazy and incompetent. No real on boarding or new hire training to speak of. The former employee left a mess and I was expected to clean it up without any direction or help. There is a lot of favoritism and narcissism as the CEO has all of his family and friends working for him even if they are incompetent. Don't waste your time working at a company like this.
Can be a really good experience.
Fourth Year Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 12, 2012
If you do something really good you get stuck on it. This brings an individuals learning down and you have to fight to learn new things. Good co-workers! Some of the supervisors are super fake!
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
have to fight for new learning experiences.
Good Company
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 25, 2013
Wored a project with this company a few years ago, they are a good company. their benefit program is second to none. They make an effort to keep the employees working, they ask for a days work if you give it to them you will stay busy.
Pros
ggreat benefits
Cons
not sure i can think of any.
works well for those who are looking for short term work
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 12, 2013
wake up go to work bend and fit pipe pull wire deal with co workers talk to boss every now and again lifting pipes and holding them there as well as accessing crawl spaces learning about the electrical trades
Dissapointed
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  colorado springs coApril 25, 2013
Good pay but was laid off towards the end of phase 1 due to cut backs after i just moved here from california to start there apprenticeship program
fair and accessible managers
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 5, 2012
good company to work for. Management approachable and great continuing education offered.
nice place to work,great people
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2012
pulled orders,warehouse,shipping recieving,some driving
Pros
great people
Cons
they needed more work
long hours, great pay
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  riverton, utAugust 23, 2012
management needs work, always have to wait for conformation before starting something new.

Comment – May 11, 2013

Until you have been in senior management and fully understand the legality's of a project its not fair to say you had to wait for direction from management. LE is led by a collection of master electricians who have a combined experience of well over 300years. You would be hard pressed to find any contractor with more knowledge and experience at the top.

A stepping stone
Project Coordinator/Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 11, 2014
Ludvik isn't a bad place to work, but not a great one either. The management is very old school and rigid, but also very knowledgeable. I worked as a member of upper management for this company for two years. They created a decent corporate culture and had good benefits. Some of the supervisors are excellent to work for, some are a little more difficult but none of them I would say made life terrible. As far as opportunity, work freedom and general culture I would say the company is good.

However, salaried employees end up with a raw deal. Ludvik requires salaried employees to work 50 hrs a week, no OT compensation and their pay is marginal at best, also prepare yourself to deal with your superiors taking credit for the hard work you put in. I eventually left because I realized my qualifications could get me a better paying job with less hours than what they offered. Ultimately the experience was good and the lessons learned were invaluable. A good place to get a start, but if you want to make it big in the electrical contracting business then you should probably only use them as a training exercise and not a long term employer.
Pros
culture and benefits
Cons
pay, hours and recognition
good paying job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2013
the hardest part of job was the changes but nothing that couldnt b handled

2.9