Lululemon Athletica

Lululemon Athletica Employer Reviews

Highschool environment
Educator (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free classes
Cons: management, healthcare, benefits
Pros-

Discounted clothes
Free workout classes
Fun events

Cons-
Horrendous management
Favoritism based
little to no structure

I will sum it up by saying they recently posted a letter in the backroom saying they don't care to give constructive criticism. Not taken out of context, truly they don't believe in giving it. They also "document" if you're late 1 min- multiple time from different employees. Who wants to work for a company like that? You're also not allow to question management and their decisions ( even though thats in the handbook) otherwise you will be "coached out". I read about Lululemon before I accepted my offer and even though I had some apprehensions I accepted it anyways. I wish I didn't.
Great people, not always consistent
Educator (Current Employee), Skokie, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Work is generally easy going and we are highly productive. Although the management team is rarely consistent with how they want you to do things. Each manager has a different way of doing things, and they do not always communicate with each other on how they would like things done.
lululemon could be a fun place to work but with management playing favorites it makes it a poor work environment.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Sumner WaFebruary 18, 2015
lululemon could be a fun place to work but with management playing favorites and a weird culture in the warehouse. It makes it hard to work drama free.
Great place to meet like-minded individuals, good benefits, inadequate pay for work expected.
Key Leader (Former Employee), Troy, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free fitness allowance, great discount, rewards, benefits for full-time
Cons: way too much expected at specific levels, cult-like and popular/ cool kids club. hard to advance, even when you put way too much into a retail job.
Met some of my greatest friends here.

Depending on your role, your main focus is on the guests. Being sure that they are educated on the product they are purchasing/ trying on. This is to be expected and definitely reasonable.

However, many things happen behind the scenes/ off the sales floor, that requires additional work outside of your hours. They want you to do work while at work, but it is nearly impossible, especially at higher-traffic stores. You find yourself working while at home or checking your emails late at night or early in the morning.

This is a retail job, but it is much more than that.

You can not take ANY time off from Dec 15 - Jan 15. The holidays are insane (at least at high-volume stores), fun but insane! It is hard to enjoy the holidays like your friends and families get to do, just when things slow down for them, they really pick up for you.

You must be available to work the weekends, no exceptions for people working in the store. The most frustrating thing is watching management (Asst and Store Managers) take time off the floor on busy days. They do have things to do that are beyond your job requirements, but they get paid way more (sometimes, depending on who they are) and often everything is left on your shoulders, or so it seems.

This is a create company, with a great mission, but sometimes you can end up in the wrong store. I never regret working there because I learned so much and met many great people, but I do regret how long I stayed there (full-time over 2 years, moving into a leadership role after 1 year) and how I was treated when I put in my notice.
fantastic place to work
Seasonal Educator (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: discount on clothing, yoga and fitness classes paid for by the company
Best job I've ever had. Fun environment, great coworkers, fashionable and functional clothes, good compensation. The managers were great and the ability to give your own input and feedback into the store to make it better makes Lululemon very different from other retail stores. Really great place to work.
Work every day
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sumner, WAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free gym, workout classes
Cons: lack of culture
My typical day consists of starting off a morning meeting with my small team and checking my daily emails. I process guest returns and make adjustments if needed. I learned and developed a lot of personal growth by working with this company.The most enjoyable part for working with this company is the great relationships with my co-workers and how they supported me.
job love
Educator (Current Employee), Summit, NJDecember 16, 2014
lululemon is about a balance of work and fun. The company is great and has a lot of opportunities to not only grow within the company, but to also witness personal growth.
Amazing company to work for
Key Leader (Former Employee), Hingham, MADecember 3, 2014
Retail is retails, but the culture at lululemon can't be beat. An amazing company to work for, awesome culture and decent pay.
Most inspiring and amazing group of people I have ever been surrounded by
Manager of People Development (Current Employee), Brentwood, CANovember 26, 2014
The team and people apart of the company of lululemon are, hands down, the reason why I am still with the company. The team I am currently still apart of is the strongest and most team I have ever been apart of. Despite all of the conflicting opinions, disagreements, conflicts in interest, and overall completely different individuals, this team is somehow able to come together and become one whole. There is one very simple and specific reason for this... despite all differences, we share the same 7 core values with one another.
amazing culture and environment to work in!
Key Leader (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 20, 2014
Amazing store to work for: the culture of the company has a whole, and the specific team at this location are unbeatable.
Great culture, fun company, fast paced enviornment
Sales Educator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2014
Great place to work with great people. Management really cares about their employees.
Work and workout
Picker/Loader (Former Employee), Sumner, WAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: workout and play at work
Cons: high turnover, low pay, none-smoking
Where else can you work and play under one roof? At Lululemon you are given the privilege to workout and take several different workout classes throughout the day with coworkers. They fire people for bad attitudes, one time tardiness, and absence. The work sucks, but the atmosphere is young and upbeat.
excellent employer
Sales Associate/Educator (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Help customers with workout apparel, attend fitness classes, interact with community
Fun Work Environment
Educator and Community Leader (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: bad management
Fun place to work with a lot of energy and a great company culture. My co-workers were great. Was promised quick advancement which was not followed through.
Enjoyable place to work
Educator (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYJune 17, 2014
Overall an enjoyable workplace.There are many opportunities to take on various responsibilities beyond the sales floor.
Amazing place to work
Educator (Current Employee), n/aMay 28, 2014
Pros: free fitness classes, great people, amazing corporate culture
Cons: a lot of outside involvement required, often hire based on personality vs. qualifications
Lululemon cares about you as a person, not just as an employee within a corporate structure. The people I work with are some of the coolest people I know and we do things together outside of the workplace frequently.

A typical day in the store consists of helping guests in the store and managing your assigned area of the store map. Advanced knowledge of all the product in the store is required at all times.

Group commission is added at the end of every period (month) and is usually a sizeable chunk of cash. Employee discounts are also very generous. Lulu also pays for employees to work out at local fitness studios, which is a huge plus.
Fun. Great business skills gained.
Educator (Former Employee), Dedham, MAApril 2, 2014
Pros: 1/2 hr breaks and a nice discount
Cons: gaining benifits is difficult
A typical day at work is being checked in by a leader, work side by side with the public, give and receive feedback, and have fun.
co-workers usually have similar interests and are always trying to better themselves.
Hardest part of the job was to learn all the product and deliver it in a way that is fun and inviting.
Fun, Active; Collaborative- one of the best jobs I've ever had
Seasonal Full-time Educator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: everything; free fitness classes, free food; able to give guests free classes; empowering environment!
Cons: it is a retail job- could be "boring" but staff and guests make up for that!
Lululemon is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. So inclusive and so honest with the staff and the clients. Every staff member is empowered to take a part of the company. I would work here again in a second!

Free fitness classes. Community driven. Free goal coaching and encourage you to have a work/life balance. Management feels more like friends than bosses- but friends that hold you accountable. I felt like I was really a part of this entire company though I only worked seasonally.
An all around beneficial experience
Educator (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJanuary 21, 2014
A few things that drew me to this company were their standards, quality and morals. They genuinely care about their product, the community and their employees. I love most types of physical fitness, and will pretty much try anything once. They encourage that and I got to be surrounded by like-minded people on a daily basis, which was nice. I do, however, enjoy being challenged and wish I had been more challenged in this position. Overall though, it was a great experience and there were definitely some lessons learned, as there usually are.
Relaxed, productive working environment
Educator (Current Employee), Dallas GalleriaJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: athletic environment, fitness promoted, organized chaos, freedom to be yourself
Cons: part-time, limited hours, distance
Work was very relaxed, one of the better jobs that I have worked simply because there was no certain way to do thing, only guidelines. I learned numerous attributes to different materials in the yoga realm.

1 2 3

About Lululemon Athletica

You needn't be a tart to sport lululemon athletica attire. The company designs and sells yoga-inspired apparel under the lululemon – Read more

Lululemon Athletica Photos