LUMBER LIQUIDATORS

LUMBER LIQUIDATORS Employer Reviews

Great Company and Employees
Regional Manager (Former Employee), IAOctober 8, 2014
Great place to work and have fun while providing a service to customers looking to improve their homes.
Wood floors
Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 1, 2014
excellent benefits
sales
wood floors
stuff.
Plenty of work not a lot of growth
Certified Folk Lift Operator (Current Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: friendly work place
Cons: not a lot of room for growth
Unload trucks to receiving dock to be put away in storage bins. Friendly work place. Not a lot of growth
Changes
Store Manager (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: store manager compensation
Cons: short staff, always have sales not easy to take vacation
Company has changed over the years more big box feel than low down best deals around not how the founder started the company.
Dock Worker
Material Handler (Current Employee), Toano, VAAugust 15, 2014
This is a fast working environment, the management team is great. Opportunity will be rewarded as long as you are consistent with your work ethics......great company
Exciting, fast paced environment to work at.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 7, 2014
A great company to be apart of. Compensation was great, but even better is the self satisfaction of doing a great job. Always adapting to the work environment in order to exceed sales goals, as well as using reliable methods. Learned extensive information about the flooring industry. Worked with great individuals who have a great sense of professionalism – more... and pride in their work. Certified in driving a forklift. – less
...
Installation Sales Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 18, 2014
Lumber Liquidators showed vast inexperience in the field of flooring installations that has caused me to desire a new position.
On a fork lift all day
Sales Associate (Former Employee), clevelandJuly 5, 2014
Pros: 40 hours a week
Cons: work outside in the winter
It was a fun place to work for a while. once new managment came in it started to go down hill. favorites were chosen. i learned how to operate a fork lift really well
Unrealistic goals and too much work for little pay.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 27, 2014
I learned a lot about hardwood flooring and also that family time and church is more important than overworking myself for a company that will never be satisfied with how hard I work and how much effort I put in.
Great Benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCMay 7, 2014
Great place to work. No work/life balance. As long as metrics are being met, everything is good. Great benefits and great pay for managers.
assistant/install manager
Assistant Manager/Installation Sales Manager (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: almost none.....
Cons: everything
horrible job!!! You will have no life and the exec team is all about who you know and not what you know
Productive workplace
Production team member (Former Employee), Toano, VAMay 5, 2014
Cons: short breaks.
Worked the overnight shift. Learned good team skills and how to work sufficiently alone. Hardest part was the standing for hours straight, and the most enjoyable was the co-worker communications.
great schedule
Material Handler (Former Employee), Toano, VAApril 25, 2014
always had four days on and four days off rotating pretty good job good people
Watch out
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAApril 4, 2014
If you want a dead end job this is for you. They do not promote internally. I know this from personal experience and I have seen it at other stores.
Expect to be used to your limits
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), LLApril 3, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime and ok bonus on sales
Cons: basically all of the actual job.
Most stores run a bare bones crew where each person works more than 40hrs/wk without a break. I've been working 55hrs/wk for two months now without breaks. On my only day off I have been called in to work every time. From what I have been told, this is normal.

There is vacation but most of the dates are "blacked out" for sales. Don't expect to use – more... ANY of your vacation time.

DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY! You will be forced to neglect them for the "end-of-the-month sale" or some other event.

There is no official training other than what you can pick up from what other sales people are saying.

Don't expect any real leadership or integrity from senior staff members. The people who say that they have your back will ALWAYS put their interests before yours.

The job is very stressful. If something does go wrong with a customer's order (which something always does), just remember to tell them everything they WANT to hear and to keep them calm. Don't forget to blame the guys you work with.

There is no customer service at the store level. The sale is what is most important. Hand "unruly" customers off to the "Customer Care" team. They will do their very best to ignore them for you and you can get back to taking people's money and ignoring them. – less
I had the pleasure of personally meeting and helping customers pick the perfect floor for their needs.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 13, 2014
Pros: it gave me the wide vaiety of knowledge
Cons: required to work every weekend
I was trained and certified for driving a forklift.
I worked in every area of the store and loved the training and knowledge it provided.
Fun hard working company that depends on their employees
Regional Manager of Installations (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: cooperates main job was to support the front line employees, straight line communication with management
Cons: never had a day off your work phone rang all day and night
This company pushes you to the max and pulls every ounce of talent you have. From the store level you learn how to balance multiple customers while providing solution selling.
Great people to work with
Material Handler III (Current Employee), Pomona, CAFebruary 12, 2014
A typical day would be receiving, shipping, put-a-ways, using scanners, inventory, picking, SAP input. CO- workers are great and good to work with. We all help each other and as a Material Handler III, i do my best to set examples. The hardest part would be handling busy days where there are a lot of inbound trailers to unload and receive.
fun job and fast advancement potential
Store Manager (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: the hours, and management
Typical day at work- Long hours (8-7) open every day. I worked 6 days a week. A lot of training required but an easy job if you keep it up. Lots of customers that are very demanding and need education on the subject of hardwood flooring, laminates etc. I learned how to handle objections and complaints, how to manage my time, my employees time and multitask – more... throughout my day. The management was very positive on the surface but very demanding. They had a lot of turnover and didn't promote people from within very much. Leaving bosses that could not fill in for store employees if they had to. It seemed like they all brought their friends in to manage the business. They will fire you with no warning and with no argument with a drop of a hat. They don't value dedicated employees, one mistake and your out with no warning, over the phone. Not very human or understanding, I only worked in one region of the country so I'm sure its different in others though. Just had a tough boss that is no longer in that region. The hardest part of the job was the hours, the amount of responsibility and the difficult customers and training employees to be able to handle all this without me there. Most enjoyable, the MONEY. This company compensates its employees very well. – less
Challenging workplace, always changing
Store Manager (Current Employee), Slidell, LAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor work-life balance
This is a good company to work for, but it is a very mentally and physically challenging job. This job can sometimes require to 80 hrs of work per week and would be great for a single person without a family. Co-Workers in my region were great, and would do anything for you that they could.

1 2 3 4

About LUMBER LIQUIDATORS

Customers can find their floors at Lumber Liquidators Holdings. Known for¬†its low prices,¬†Lumber Liquidators is one of the nation's – Read more