Lumber Liquidators Employee Reviews

Decent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toano, VASeptember 21, 2016
The call center is very small. All of the reps are very nice and helpful to each other. The management team is so so. Some of the managers are very helpful and some are rude and unprofessional. The pay is ok with yearly increases based on review. They offer bonuses three times a year. This is not the worst company I have worked for.
Pros
Bonuses offered every three months of $1000.00 for regular reps, very casual dress code
Cons
Bonus is only 550-650 after taxes, Calls are stressfull, They only offer PTO no sick or vacation time
Great Benefits.. 0 work/life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  SomewhereAugust 30, 2016
This company has changed a lot over the past few years from working here. It has always offered fair pay, bonus options, and good health benefits. Once you reach a store manager level, however, you can say goodbye to any personal life you think you may have. I you are single with no kids and have no ambitions of doing anything other than work and sleep, this is the job for you!! You're offered a base salary that sounds decent at first but then you are asked to work a MINIMUM of 50 hours a week which make you essentially walk out with the same weekly check as the hourly associates who only pull a couple hours of overtime. If you are in a lower volume store the bonuses are VERY inconsistent because if you miss plan you only get a portion of your bonus which, as a store manager, is your lively hood. You'll have good months and you'll have bad months, but make sure you have a little something saved up for the bad months because when they hit.. it's rough. On the other end of that, if you're selling the high scale items your bonus potential is HUGE. Other than the hours, my biggest complaint is the lack of consistency and direction from upper level management. You will hear different answers and instructions from everyone and no matter which instruction you seem to follow.. someone is probably going to get upset at you.
Pros
Great benefits, easy to grow with the company, potential to make a lot of money
Cons
Terrible hours, poor direction from upper level management, no work/life balance
Fun fast paced environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 11, 2016
Great benefits and compensation. Pay could be more competitive and pay scale needs to be re-evaluated. Monthly bonus is taxed heavily, but it is a fun place to work.
Horrible Management
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CA 91766June 8, 2016
I started with this distribution center when it opened in December of 2013. Management turnover is extremely high. They have brought people in that have no clue what they are doing, to the point where they ask low entry level associates how to do things on a daily basis.
Good company with great employee benefits
Assistant Store Manager – Sales Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 7, 2016
I have learned a lot about the various products and flooring installation. I enjoy meeting all types of people and helping them find a good product for their home.
Pros
Hours and ability to finish college degree
Cons
No advancement.
Lots of hrs
Asm2 (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2016
Really felt taken advantage of. Worked a lot of hrs and never got a chance to take paidtime-off. Mandatory over time every week..... Every Week! And for how demanding the job is of your time, they don't pay you near enough.

Store in TX was always understaffed. If one person was sick or had an emergency everyone else was guaranteed a 50+ hr workweek.

The more employees on the floor the more the bonuses have to be split. So upper management keeps the floor very sparse. Makes life super hard for floor people and Assistant Managers.
Store hours are crazy too.

I wouldn't touch ANY management position for less than $14.00hr because of the imbalance in work and home life.

Lumber liquidators is a positive company with good parts and good people. Benefits are great, health insurance, 401k.

However, quality of life for their employees are very poor. Might be a good job for a young person without family.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Crazy long hrs
Longer hours than scheduled
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 26, 2016
I was not a fan of working for Lumber Liquidators. I typically worked overtime because I was not relieved on time, and then reprimanded for working said overtime. The culture at Lumber Liquidators was rather lackadaisical, and I didn't feel I fit in well.
Terrible
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 26, 2016
Horrible and offensive workplace culture. Very un-supportive team. Little to no training. No job security. Very poor and disrespectful management.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great Company to start a Career
Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2016
3 Main areas of focus, selecting, inbound, and outbound operations dealing with 3 shift and approximately 150 employees overall.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Weekly work is unpredictable
Very demanding schedule wise. Great health Benefits.
Sales and product specialist. (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 18, 2016
The job is self explanatory. Unload trucks, stock receiving, shipping product, retail sales. The schedule is horrendous. No consistent schedule. Management has no clue how to schedule people. High employee turnover rate due to all these reasons. The most difficult part having other stores take credit for your labor.
Distribution Warehouse
DC ADMINISTRATOR II (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 27, 2016
The management is people oriented and friendly, and co-workers are as well. Excellent benefits. Pay is average. Chances of advances are slim. The most enjoyable part of the job is keeping busy and productive. The hardest part of the job is being challenged.
Pros
Customer-oriented
Cons
Lack of the chance of advancement
Managers make the money.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 18, 2016
The way the salary structure was setup the only one who could make a career out of working there was the store manager. The store manager makes 80% of the pooled commission while the other employees are forced to scavenger through the left overs.
Fun and educational work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 14, 2016
A typical day at Lumber Liquidators usually involved there only being one associate working in the store. That associate was responsible for customer relations, counting the money, open/close store, receiving/shipping, and bank deposits. I learned better time management. Especially when having to deal with multiple customers in the store. Our management was always very helpful and flexible. The hardest part of the job had to be when I was the only associate working the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the clientele. They were almost always friendly and willing to listen to advice about all the different types of flooring available to them.
Pros
Loyal clientele, flexible schedule, good pay, excellent benefits
Cons
Short breaks, small workforce
unimpressive organization
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Only at job 6 long months, little training and unrealistic expectations.
Gave job my all and attempted to correct poor work conditions. Let go after blamed for several mistakes, grated I did fall short of their expectations but then so did they.
Pros
fairly close to where I live
Cons
inhosptalable working environment
Get your feet back into a schedule
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 7, 2016
It is a good place to get your life back and attempt to go to school. But the bonus pool percentage is not fair. No matter how much you put into it you you only get your percentage according to your postion.
Pros
Work schedule makes it almost not feel like retail.
Cons
Bonus pool no matter how much you put in manger gets lions share.
Working At Lumber Liquidators
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCJanuary 3, 2016
Good job for your active person. Requires a lot of physical labor, great product knowledge and communication kills. and multi-tasking.
Decent paying job with no consideration of employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Colmar, PADecember 26, 2015
I have been with Lumber Liquidators since July of 2015 and I will admit, for a younger individual with little bills to pay, I make decent money however, 1) later down the road with more bills to pay, I will definitely not be able to make ends meet with this job and 2) I don't think that the pay is all that worth it when you work for a company that doesn't care for their employees.
Morale company wide is extremely low and management is not doing a single thing about it. Yes, they gave us all a bonus for sticking with the company when times got tough, but money does NOT buy happiness. From stories that my store manager has told me in the past, Lumber Liquidators seemed like an amazing company to work for, but, unfortunately, times have changed.
On the other hand, management within my region is amazing. I can rely on any of the store managers in my area as well as my regional manager without any fear of asking a stupid question or someone going behind my back.
I do believe that it will take a lot to get Lumber Liquidators back to how it used to be, but everyone at corporate is not taking the appropriate actions to get us there.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of care for employees from corporate level.
Good place to work benifits are outstanding
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 16, 2015
Good place to work just a lot of red tape and all about numbers enjoy waiting on customers and the interaction with people been there five years and have not advanced as far in company as I thought I would is something new everyday fast paced and challenging
Pros
benifits
Physically Demanding
assistant store manager 2 (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 3, 2015
On any given day you can load thousands pound of flooring. Customers are understanding and great to talk to. Pay is not good at all for what is expected of you. Management is flexible with time of and start times. You can float around and work at different location, which helps build your skills
Pros
Your responsible for everything
Cons
The pay is way too low you need to have a second job with this one
Most organized wearhouse ever
SAP/FEDEX Ship Manager Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toano, VANovember 2, 2015
very friendly environment, employees got along great. Everyone was underpaid except management. Shipped between 400 and 800 samples of wood daily using fedex ship manager. staged pallets and counted physical inventory.
Pros
nice work enviroment
Cons
underpaid

2.8