The Sales Director will manage and direct the sales organization. . This is a hand's on management position that involves mentoring, training, and motivating the sales organization which includes centralized sales support staff; regional sales managers, independent reps. and distributors both domestically and internationally. The markets include A&D channels both domestic and international as well as OEM and residential.
- Manages the sales support team and provides leadership towards unsurpassed customer service through hands on involvement.
- Work with Regional Sales Managers to develop and enhance the performance of the independent sales group and distributors through goal setting, training, and management of key metrics.
- Develops and implements effective sales tools and sales management systems.
- Establishes effective strategies to expand the OEM sales and other non-A&D channels.
- Manages relationships and contracts at National accounts.
- Hands on involvement in quoting, pricing, customer service issues and marketing.
- Work with Product and Target Marketing to consistently communicate business and design trends, industry and trade attitudes, competitive practices, and product performance characteristics.
- Member of the Executive Management Team, helping to shape the direction of the business.
Minimum ten years experience in the following:
- Selling architecturally-specified commercial building specialty products.
- Managing sales nationally or for a large multi-state area.
- Managing and motivating a team of independent representatives.
- Recruiting, training, motivating, and managing independent reps..
- Managing relationships and contracts with major national accounts.
- Making product presentations to architects, contractors, building owners and distributors.
- Bidding, negotiating and closing deals.
- Development and monitoring of key sales performance metrics
- Able to perform as our top sales executive.
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Excellent leadership, goal-setting and management.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Good oral and written English language communications.
- Good training and teaching skills.
- A background in fire retardant plastics.
- Familiarity with commercial building construction / codes.
- Able to learn the numerous options, features and benefits of our many product models.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree preferred.
- Position requires some travelling.
Indeed - 18 months ago