Lunds & Byerlys Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with great people
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 6, 2017
This was a great place to work with good people. I would have stayed but I had too many dings on my union attendance policy to stay. I would highly recommend working for Lunds & Byerlys.
Pros
Great people
Cons
union
Decent work environment
Casheir (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNOctober 1, 2017
Was a good place to work to gain cashier experience and customer service. The work environment was friendly.
But very fast pass unless it was a slow day.
Good place to work.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 2, 2017
Good place to work. Very easy work but can get repetitive after awhile. Usually has very good management and friendly co workers. Fair starting pay and good hours.
Great positive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minnesota City, MNSeptember 1, 2017
Very enjoying
Employees were friendly and nice helped you what you needed the training was really understood and I would recommend a friend
Pros
The discounts
Cons
The short breaks
stable, fun job.
Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2017
a very easy job to fit into a collage students life. no deli experience required with knowable staff. A union job that protects their employees. fleaxable
Cashier, productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 8, 2017
I was a cashier and I would stock candy and magazines and items like that by the check out lanes.
One weekend morning at 6-7am it was very slow so I decided to use a little push vacuum to clean up the carpet next to the check out and I got written up for cleaning around my area. There were no guests waiting to be checked out and the only people were waiting in line at caribou.
Pros
Good money counting skills
Cons
Poor management, low pay, unfairness
Good employees, bad management
Meat and Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 25, 2017
The store management is very good, they take the time to talk to everyone working every day, but the corporate management is a joke. They consistently misjudge what the customers want, making unnecessary tasks for the employees. I have not worked for a company that is so misguided by its corporate office.
Fun work place to build experience
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNMay 22, 2017
The typical day of work is usually busy. Here you'll have many families coming in for food. I learned basic skills and experience. Management is extraordinary, very understanding and flexible. Very nice and clean atmosphere with easy work. Nothing was too hard to do aside from dealing with angry customers. Very enjoyable and fun.
Pros
Free samples, flexible hours and requests, easy work, closed on some holidays
Cons
Repetitive, the occational upset customer
management did not care
Front-End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 15, 2017
Management was friendly, but the worst part was they always mixed up your scheduling or changed it on a short notice. Secondly, my location never offered full-time.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
hard to get full-time
Very awesome workplace.
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 14, 2017
Meat dept is great. Employee discount on groceries. I love the people and the good. It is great. The beef they sell is top quality. Great sales on beef
Extremely enjoyable place to work
Cashier and Stocking (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 9, 2017
Management is very personable and caring. Typical day of work for me is stocking, cashiering, and providing exceptional customer service. Workplace culture is relaxed. Most enjoyable part of the job is the discounts and coworkers.
The best food retailer in the Twin Cities
Store Supervisor, GM/HBC Mgr, Grocery Mgr. (F/T) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2017
It has been a privilege to work for L&B. While the work is fast-paced, and production-oriented, they provide many ancillary benefits, including employee discount, events at the Xcel Energy Center, and many more. Management recognizes our work, and rewards our success. It is also a pleasure to make many new friends among the customers I have served at the L&B stores I have worked in.
Could be better.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNApril 13, 2017
Valiant effort at making it a good job, however management came up short in my opinion. The coworkers were the best part of it, but eventually even those became subpar.
fun place to work
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 4, 2017
friendly co-workers made for a fun and upbeat environment . made a lot of friends through this job and met a lot of awesome people i would recommend this as a good first job.
Amazing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 22, 2017
I loved working at Lunds! the environment was amazing along with my co workers! i feel that we didn't receive the greatest perks but did have very fun competitions and little celebrations. The general managers always took into consideration on our opinions and treated us when we worked a holiday
Relaxed hours, family friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 10, 2017
I very much enjoy working at Lunds & Byerlys. It is very good temporary work. If you are looking for tons of hours and a consistent schedule, it might not be the best place for you. But the hours you can get are very flexible.
Poorly managed store.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2017
I worked the meat counter, 6 hour evening shift. Learned a lot, but received little training. Much time standing. Customers were nice, quality products.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No Benefits or overtime
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 20, 2017
Nice company to work with. Confident, friendly and good coworkers. Lots of overtime over the holidays season. Also working on the weekend. Union also available in Lunds and Byerly.
not the best
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 14, 2017
Working there was stressful, not a lot of pay for all that work. Someone always had a problem when you got there. The managers thought they could treat you anyway they wanted.
Pros
Full of food
Cons
Short breaks, rude people
Fast paced environment
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Navarre, MNNovember 15, 2016
The employees were great people to work with. We got great employee discounts on food items. They did not have a good 401k retirement program. There was no matching.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Weekend shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lunds & Byerlys. Our community is ready to answer.