Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

best job I've ever had
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
great place to work with caring people fun job good energy the job had good hours and benefits for full time employees and the companay is very acceptng of all people
Amazing Job
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 14, 2017
I loved my time at Lush, I would go back. It was the best training i have ever had. They were really good and making sure all staff had the knowledge to help every customer. They also made sure staff knew what was happening through all the business.
Floor leader & Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Lexington Ave, NYCAugust 10, 2017
Great atmosphere. They pay fairly. They offer great discounts. They offer so many opportunities for staff members to move up, to train, to learn, and even to travel. Very comprehensive training. Highly recommended.
Pros
discounts, atmosphere, opportunities, pay
Competitive work
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 10, 2017
What I loved about Lush was the ethics behind the company. Getting to know the story behind each product made it fun and easy to ind the best product for the customer.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Short breaks
Amazing company to work for.
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 9, 2017
LUSH is an amazing company to work for. The values of the company strongly align with my own, so it was nice to work at a place that I can stand behind. My store had amazing leaders and most of the sales staff were incredible. The only downside is that they didn't give enough hours. The initial training process is pretty intense, but necessary so that you learn about all of the products and brand values. Overall, LUSH is awesome to work for.
Pros
amazing discount, welcoming environment, great pay
Cons
not enough hours, hard to advance, aggressive sales tactics
Fun atmosphere
FLOOR LEADER (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 3, 2017
LUSH was a great place to work. It was fast-paced and high energy and the employees are encouraged to be themselves. The experience I gained while working here was wonderful.
Pros
Smell good all the time, discount
Cons
Retail
Fast-paced environment but still fun
Floor Leader/Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 30, 2017
A typical day at LUSH involved getting a Chat-In at the start of my shift to prepare me for the day's goals and focus. I would floor lead to watch over my sales associates and coach them to improve selling techniques. I learned how to handle inconsistencies because some folks held different information to be true than what was originally told to me, so I learned to confirm those communications with the upper-management. My starting manager left halfway through my time there, so I worked with 2 different manager. I witnessed their separate strengths that helped pull the shop together. Ultimately, management could be confusing because the information passed down wasn't always consistent, but they were always supportive of my development regardless. The culture was playful yet still productive, though times could be difficult working with so many young folks. The hardest part was to keep up with all the changes in management and sales associates when they would move on to other careers or places. The most enjoyable was the exposure to the variety of tasks, goals, and styles of personalities.
Pros
Incentives for hitting sales targets, vacation hours, positive environment, great products and discounts, excellent pay
Cons
Not much room for growth, inconsistent hours
Awesome workplace
Head of Security (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 27, 2017
Supervise staff. Collect cover charge. Keep the patrons & staff safe. Friendly environment. Staff is like family. One of the best places I've worked at.
Productive and fun place to work with music
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2017
A typical day at work is a fast paced environment where we sell LUSH products to our customers. We have a fun time with our customers by playing good music and listening to their needs and supplying a product that will best help them
Company which helps you build yourself as a person
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
I am still with Lush, and greatly enjoy their company culture, Management always has helpful ways to get the most out of each customer interaction. Shifts are on the shorter side, but that can be helpful so you are fresh for each client.
Fun, Great Discount
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 25, 2017
This job is really dependent on your coworkers and management on how enjoyable this position is. Some are very casual and some are aggressive. Really fun work environment, able to have tattoos/piercings, fun work. Incredibly hard to advance depending on location, many locations are lacking in hours they can give to associates.
Pros
Half off product, fun environment, occasional free product, decent pay
Cons
hard to advance, aggressive sales tactics
very fun,inclusive place to work
Sales ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCJuly 19, 2017
I learned a lot during my time at Lush. I am naturally a very introverted, shy person and the training I received here really brought me out of my shell. It's an amazing place to work for with great core values and ethics, it's an amazing experience, also a good learning experience. I love a company with charity values.
Pros
free products
Cons
short breaks
amazing
Floor Leader/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 18, 2017
Pros
great discounts for employees
Cons
short breaks
It was an interesting place to work
Sales ambassador (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed working there for as long as I did. I liked the people I worked with. It was a temporary job. They need to work better on communication with everyone on the team and not pick favorites on their team, however.
My manager was a nightmare
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2017
I learned a lot during my time at Lush. I am naturally a very introverted, shy person and the training I received here really brought me out of my shell. The staff is very colorful and always willing to help you out. The trouble I ran into was with management. I was under the impression that I was doing well in sales, but I was pulled aside several times and encouraged to be pushier. I finally left when I was accused of abusing my employee discount on unsubstantiated claims.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Pushy management
I Love this Place
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTJuly 10, 2017
Every day is FUN. Even on my weirdest days. Keeps me grounded by letting my mind FLY! I believe in the culture. Be who you are and do your goals, don't just set them!
Pros
always moving, music, energy
Cons
small space- but that can be a pro!
Fast-paced and fun workplace
Seasonal Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 9, 2017
Although I only worked there for the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. It was busy during the holidays, but also fun. The managers were positive and supportive employers to work for. The workplace culture was friendly and enthusiastic. The hardest part of working there was the holiday rush, but the people I worked with made the experience pleasant.
Love your team, love the job
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 7, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. A typical day involved upkeep/ cleaning of the shop, working the register, or staying on the floor and building relationships with the customers through consultations and demos of product. It was expected to have extensive product knowledge throughout the shop, which depending on your ability to learn, that could easily take up your time outside of work. But on the other side of that, you leave this job with a lot of useful knowledge you can take to other cosmetic retailers. Management DEFINITELY depends on the shop. Depending on the management, the workplace may become hostile. I've personally never had any problems with coworkers. We all enjoyed the time we spent together and I'll always look back on them as good friends. I would say the hardest part of the job is being able to retain all of the product knowledge. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was building relationships with my customers and building a bond with my team.
Pros
Wonderful causes, great atmosphere
Cons
Managment
Great Experience As A Seasonal Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
I worked for a couple of months as a Seasonal Sales Associate during the busy holiday time of year. It was a wonderful experience testing my knowledge of the products with every new customer and making personal connections.
Great Company, terrible location
Sales Ambassador (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 28, 2017
Great company, good values, the higher ups definitely care about the sales associates. However management was terrible, played favorites with her friends, had no managing experience.

I would work for this company again at a different location or under a different manager.
Pros
good breaks, employee discount, company culture
Cons
training, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2