Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employer Reviews

Productive and great workplace
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), EscondidoMarch 3, 2014
Greet and assist the customers, everyone in there is usually curious to what lush is and that's where you step in to give them product info, it was a lot to learn at first but training helps, my co-workers were friendly and the hardest part for me was trying to remember all the of ingredients in the products!
Low pay and not many opportunities for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: fun environment, inclusive/diverse culture
Cons: low compensation, poor employee retention, not much room for advancement
I worked here for a full year and was frequently told I was doing a great job and that there was little to nothing I could improve on, but was never given a raise and was not provided with any opportunities to move up. My co-workers experienced similar struggles, and most of us left because of it. Their employee retention is very low, and these are – more... some of the reasons why.

The management played favorites and promoted their friends rather than the loyal employees who worked hard. My store manager was motivated - but for the store to do well, she was required to put in WAY more than 40 hours a week... but not get paid for it.

The job itself was fun and the trainings were great. I would probably not choose to return. I was a huge fan of the company and their products before my employment there, but my experience put a bad taste in my mouth. – less
Great energy and just good people!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: awesome staff, pk was amazing, free lunches
Cons: none.
Awesome place to work, really enjoyed the friendships made and team work developed.
Upbeat, passionate company with environmental focus
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: lively workplace, great management, product discounts
Cons: long days on feet, large amount of product knowledge
I am so fortunate to have worked with Lush Cosmetics and look forward to returning to the company! The company's passion and values permeate to every component of their business model and directly into their shops.
Fun Quirky Positive Atmosphere
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2014
LUSH is a fun and positive company to work for. They focus on personal development a lot, and are much different than any other company. They set their employees up for success, all while providing a fun, upbeat work atmosphere.
Lovely Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dublin,January 16, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on products
Cons: no time and a half for sunday work. very little paid in this respect for hard work.
A typical day started with the cleaned of the shop floor and bringing down the products that were fresh like facemasks which were kept in the fridge. This was done in the first half hour while the money was also being counted by another member of staff. Throughout the day displays were organised and even the shop window was changed every monday.
Mostly – more... the job was sales focused and these were driven by bonus schemes which meant earning 10% bonus through achieving targets.
We would often have mystery shoppers who would rate their experience so it was important for us to maintain a high standard of customer service also. Through the day I would be on the till or rearranging product or applying product to the customers skin and demoing our products so people could see the benefit of them. – less
Beautiful Experience, the knowledge and perspective you gain working with this company is unbelievable. Such a positive and genuine environment
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee), Universal City, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: gratis as always ! amazing beutiful products and so healthy.
Cons: you work with water. your hands tend to hurt from going hot to cold.
You get to live a different life per say working in this environment. Lush is such a luxurious place but so down to earth. i love the lush life style their products the way they help people change not just from bad toxin filled products to healthy ones but ultimately we get them thinking about their choices over all. i love it!
A great place to get your feet wet
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CADecember 31, 2013
Pros: 50% employee discount, product knowledge, customer service and retail experience
Cons: seasonal, minimal hours
Everyone is very bubbly, management is hands on and helpful. Lush culture is upbeat and positive. I loved all the product knowledge I took from it. Hardest part was leaving. Most enjoyable part were the perks and passing my useful knowledge to our guests and teaching them about their skin
productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2013
lush was an amazing place to work wonderful people to amazing benefits
Fun workplace with really great trainings!
Floor Leader, Keyholder & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newton, MAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: work cultur/environment, extensive training, helping customers find what they needed.
Cons: working hours and shifts
A typical day at work: As the key holder, I'd arrive to the store an hour before opening hours to set up. Then, as the floor leader, I'd make a list of sales goals for the day, schedule lunch breaks, and create to sales contests for the day. Once the other employees arrived, Id brief them on the sales goals/contests. Throughout the day, I'd let the – more... other employees know where we are in sales every hour. Once the store was closed, Id clean up, close the registers, make a bank run to deposit the day's cash, then lock the doors.

What I learned: I gained an extreme amount of knowledge about skincare and hair care. I received in depth training about all the ingredients in the products. I also strengthened my skills as a leader and team player.

Management: My manager was very thorough when it came to keeping communication open and addressing the needs of everyone.

Coworker: I absolutely enjoyed working with my team. Everyone brought tons of enthusiasm and knowledge to work every day.

The hardest part of the job: The hardest part was trying not to drown our guests in too much product knowledge and energy because sometimes it could be overwhelming.

The most enjoyable part was gaining so much product knowledge and being able to work in a very team friendly environment. As well as being able to work independently when necessary. – less
If you are not a natrual seller, go elsewhere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: discount, samples, fighting animal testing.
Cons: sales
My month with working for Lush cosmetics had been mostly training. They review their products, teach you about every ingredient that is in it, and push their lingo so it's easier to sell. I'm not saying it wasn't an enlightening experience to figure out I couldn't sell, but they let you go for that fact, which makes sense. The reason why I applied was – more... because I believed and lived by the no animal testing rule. I still continue to stand by it to this day. Working there put me off from buying anything, and even walking back in. I sooner realized none of the girls I worked with really admired me, and that's putting it lightly. The girls (or girl) I did get along with, upped and quit. To work for Lush means you have to be open to sell. Majorly. My natural introverted and tranquil self did not get along to that fact. I was a little hesitant to approach people who seemed to not want to be approached, and when I did, I figured out I was right in the end. I was pushed by my superiors to approach people who didn't want to be bothered. I had to rub strangers hands, and while during, I remained silent because of not knowing what to say. Awkward for me and them. Now, I know this job wasn't right for me, but if you know how to woo a customer, than this is the job for you. – less
An Addictive Company
Floor Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: the products; the opportunities to help the charities; the friendly work environment
Cons: a tad bit unprofessional for a new company; poor employee retention
I entered this job thinking it will be a part time position that will get me through college. My whole life changed. I wanted to be a part of this company.
The founders of Lush Cosmetics shared their passion with their employees which made it easier to share that passion with customers.
There was no guilt in sales. The back stories of the company are – more... wholesome and I would still be a part of the company if they had room to grow. – less
An unconventional retail structure to support your entrepreneurial spirit
Manager (Current Employee), MAJuly 13, 2013
Pros: a fun and funky store atmosphere where individualism is encouraged, 50% off all products
A day in the life will include lots of interactions with staff and customers by providing them with the best customer service out there. We provide personalized customer interactions through product demos, treatments and consultations.

Motivating and leading our team to exceed last year’s sales numbers through the use of shop contests, trainings, and – more... meetings that inspire.

We share feedback with our team members constantly. Transparency is #1 in our shops, and we strive to create an open and honest atmosphere around development.

Managers are not only responsible for their shop's success, but also the success of their team members. We inspire our teams to grow within the company and develop our own managers in training to someday manage their own shops. – less
love my job
keyholder (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 22, 2013
i am apart of our management team our company is great and we get to meet new and all types of people everyday. lush has amazing morals and ethics and is all about fun and helping the environment
fun workplace
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 8, 2013
Pros: working in a fun enviroment
Cons: catty co workers
working here was a blast, we get to talk about awesome products all day and giver facials and arm treats. The management is great but some of the girls are catty and dramatic. There was nothing hard about this job really, maybe just having to learn what each and every ingredient do. The most enjoyable part was the dance parties.
It's okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 27, 2012
Pros: fun work environment, decent pay
Cons: seasonal sux, not enough hours
It's a unique experience to work at LUSH. you learn so much about the products and the company. the management was okay overall but one or two co-workers were ratchet. the hardest part of the job was being a seasonal hire and them not being able to keep all their employees.
Fun work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NyDecember 15, 2012
A typical day at work for LUSH was always a sense of anticipation. Getting to know people who love LUSH products with enthusiasm was intriguing and fun. I learned that I do not have to sacrafice style and beauty for less. Management did their best to accomodate our needs and customers needs. My co workers were as involed as I was. We loved the products – more... and what it did for the enviornment and our lives. I cannot truly say there was a hard part pertaining to the job. The most enjoyable part was testing out each product for first time customers. – less
The value of Values
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MIAugust 16, 2012
Pros: amazing product
Cons: disorganization occurs easily on several levels
Lush is a HIGHLY culture oriented company, with many worthy things to credit to its name.

Any drawbacks would be considered on an individual basis from location to location. As with most environments the people make the place (or break it).

It is a respectable company, with a strong sense of self-identity.
Great Place to work with the right kind of management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2012
Pros: easy advancement, great products
Cons: hours
Every day brings something new and exciting. Lush really lets you get to know your customers as people and you really be yourself here. If your intrested in learning alot of awesome and cool stuff about skincare, than this is the place. Your co-works are generally the nicest coolest people. The management is usually pretty cool but will depend on the – more... store. Each store has their own set of rules and standards. The hardest part of the job will be learning all the information that they give you about their products. But the most enjoyable part is the fun enviroment. – less
Upbeat work environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2012
Very long days, with poor management. My main priorities were product knowledge - the products were amazing - and customer satisfaction.

1 2 3

About Lush Cosmetics

Lush's products are so luscious that you literally could eat them if you wanted to. The natural cosmetics firm is a UK-based manufacturer – Read more

Lush Cosmetics Photos