Lush Employee Reviews in United States

An amazing place to work that is very supported
Floor Leader/Shop designer/Eco-warrior (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 9, 2016
I worked for lush for almost three years and they are a very supportive company. I started there part-time seasonal hire and then within my time there I was promoted to a full-time position within a few months of being seasonal and then was promoted to a floor-leader position. They are a company that works with their employees to be the best they can, and will work with your strengths to help you grow. They went to great lengths to know what my goals with the company were and the best way to achieve them and to set up a long-term plan to achieve it.
Pros
good pay, great health insurance, supportive environment, great team
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 31, 2016
With this company I learned a lot about the skin and benefits of using different types of oils. I also became aware of a lot of issues pertaining to our environment and wildlife.
Cons
healthcare
Productive and fun workplace
Social Media Intern and Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MOOctober 9, 2015
i enjoy volunteering here. You can see the ocean from the roof. Its an amazing experience and you get to meet great travels from all over the world.
Energetic envirement with customer service oriented work
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  AnaheimJune 25, 2015
Love working for an ethical, humanitarian and environmentally aware company. Management is great w/Flexible hours and works with my schedule. Vast training on product knowledge to accommodate customers with accurate information efficiently.
Pros
sick pay, accrued vacation time
Cons
weekends are a must
friendly welcoming work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2015
it is a very friendly and welcoming work environment. everyone does their job accordingly. the store manager does everything in an orderly fashion. the hardest part about this job is trying to communicate with non-English speaking customers. Lush is on the Las Vegas strip so there are a lot of tourists who do not speak English. the most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how happy the products from this company make the customers!
Exciting and Innovative Environment for Learning
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  East Bay, CADecember 15, 2014
The Lush environment is bursting with color, fragrance and energy. A typical day presents many customers that are unfamiliar with the brand and unaware of behind-the-scenes facts about the world of cosmetics. At Lush their mission is to be true to basic human needs, to provide quality product, to protect the environment in its entirety and equip everyone with the knowledge and skills to be aware of how products work, what they contain and what to stay away from.
It has been the best example of a team environment that I have ever experienced. Everyone is knowledgeable and supportive. All the employees especially the management team have specialties and together make everything flow smoothly as a team. Communication is very important as is education and while growth is slow it is possible.
While the energy of Lush is positive and exciting it is sometimes difficult to maintain that type of energy all day with all customers. Goals are not typically unreasonable but can be difficult to achieve at times. It may occasionally be difficult to remember ingredients and functions as well. I do not believe that the wages reflect the amount of work required for the job.
Despite the few shortcomings of Lush it is in excellent place to work. Lush takes care of their employees very well and in turn are very selective about who they hire to represent them. Training on new items, company wide changes and product functions take place regularly for full time employees and as a company they are very transparent about sourcing, costs and production.They look for creative individuals that are honest,
  more... down to Earth and who genuinely care about the environment and human health. More than anything Lush is a family and that truly shows from the top of the company all the way to the bottom.  less
Pros
contests for prizes, excellent holiday bonuses, team support
Cons
short breaks, lower wages
Very invigorating
Book keeper AR/AP (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, RIOctober 26, 2014
Each day was a new day with new tasks and new education. Many computer task required new skills to learn each and every day.
Awesome job that requires awesome people to back it up
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day at work for me was keeping my area of the store tidy and restocked, while at the same time providing customers with excellent customer service. The customer experience was undeniably the best part of the job. Showing customers products that I knew they would go home and love was amazing. The hardest part of the job was product knowledge. There is a lot of information that you are required to know and it's packed into a very short amount of time. Management was pretty awful. Not for lack of trying- just the wrong person in the position of power.
Pros
lovely products, great ethics
Cons
poor management
Great people and Lots of fun
SALES AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Pga MallJanuary 15, 2014
I loved working at Lush. I have great interactions with customer and it allows you to really build a relationship with the clients, but I recently found out that because we merged two stores, my job is in jeopardy along with about 13 other people who now have to re-apply. The team there now, which is the august hires, opened the store and did all the grunt work of making it successful along with the detailed week long training. I have been working there for almost 6 months and I'm now considered to be a temporary worker. This is one aspect of Lush I disagree with and after this experience, whether I'm hired back or not, I defiantly will be looking for other opportunities in other companies that offer more job security.
Pros
great people, nice hours, great products
Cons
job security, bi-weekly meetings in the middle of the work week at night
Okay, if you dont mind being a drone
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2012
I worked for LUSH for two years, and I must say it was not the best experience.
Pros
free product and bonus potential
Cons
everything else
Loved working there!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 14, 2012
It was an overall good experience. Lots of memorization and very hands on (literally), but knowledge of the products and their ingredients works its way into other aspects of your life and proves to be very interesting.
Pros
flexible hours, amazing discount, leave smelling like the store!
Cons
lots of studying, several ignorant customers