Lush Employee Reviews

Fast-paced and fun workplace
Seasonal Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 9, 2017
Although I only worked there for the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. It was busy during the holidays, but also fun. The managers were positive and supportive employers to work for. The workplace culture was friendly and enthusiastic. The hardest part of working there was the holiday rush, but the people I worked with made the experience pleasant.
Amazing while I was there
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMay 29, 2017
We got a new manager and she isn't as good as the old one, but from what I can tell, she's good with the new hires. I LOVED IT HERE. AMAZING STAFF, GREAT COMPANY, GOOD DISCOUNT. EVERYTHING.
Pros
Discounts
ethical company
Floor Leader/In Store Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
LUSH is known for sticking up for those who can not stick up for themselves. LUSH tries to make sure that their employees love the where they work. I love the environment.
Fast-Paced retail environment
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 12, 2017
The domain location is relatively new to the Austin area having opened in September 2016. That being said, Lush has been my favorite place to work in all the years that I've been working retail. It gives even the most experienced retail worker a good learning environment, and a challenge to learn their selling model and products.If you're up for the challenge then definitely give it a try!
Pros
Great product discounts, great team members, management is very understanding and supportive.
Cons
Not a ton of hours unless you are a sales lead.
Nice Atmosphere
Sales floor team member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2017
The atmosphere was exceptional, however had very small workspace. On some days I had a stocking shift which was difficult to manage with how packed the store was, but it was still lovely handling all of the good smelling products! We had to stay positive and keep each other accountable, so teamwork was a must. I found it a lot easier to get to one customer at a time and it took some stress off of others. I learned a lot about organization and time management at the job. The management was secure, however very poor judgement of other employees. The hardest part of the job for me was constantly having to be over the customers shoulders. We needed to have certain goals met for sales, so if we were not talking to a customer, we could be considered not a good employee. I am one to help a customer and make suggestions, but not push them to buy something they do not want to buy!
Pros
Very good discount on products, good break times, works well with schedule
Cons
Making customers talk if they are uninterested.
fun to work there
Sales Associate - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 25, 2017
was fun to work there very good staff could have been better...managers were cool, were serious but mad it fun to work could have paid better it was seasonal job for me.
Great products, horrible support
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 2, 2016
God forbid you ever complain about the support you have been given by their version of a regional manager or their new manager support team. If you are not constantly kissing up, they will make your working life difficult and then terminate you.
I was a devout lush customer and employee. I ran the store I was given fairly and with excellence.
That company is being run by a bunch of very catty women who have no one to answer to when you complain.
Pros
Great products, staff discount
Cons
MManagement
Fast paced, rewarding environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 25, 2016
LUSH is an amazing company to work for, ethically sourced ingredients in top quality products, with staff who are excited and eager to provide above excellent customer service. Not many jobs have management quite like LUSH. I found that in my time there the management was always open and willing to help, give constructive feedback, and listen to ideas about how to make things work better.

Whether it was flipping the mask displays, cutting soap, blowing bubbles, or getting customers excited about the incredible line of products, every day was full of fun.

The hardest part of working at LUSH was having to leave at the end of the day, and the best was coming in the next.
Pros
50% Discount, Interesting Coworkers, Caring management, High energy environment, Fun day to day work, Interacting with customers, occasionally got to take home damaged/unsellable product
Cons
Was only there for one holiday season, Very busy during the holidays
my home away from home; productive and educational
Senior Sales Ambassador/Eco Warrior (Current Employee) –  Carmel-by-the-Sea, CAOctober 10, 2016
Incredible company to work for, they knowledge they empower you with if life changing. There are so many great aspects of how this company is ran. Excellent product, amazing training, incredible opportunities, and heartfelt beliefs.
The tools given to really move forward with the company are really helpful, but the amount to do outside of work is sometimes unsettling- although it is understood that it is a choice. But to get better and advance are goals of many.
The people and experiences built are the most enjoyable part of this job.
Cons
limited health care for part-time
Productive and FUN!
Sales Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 24, 2016
Amazing place to work mainly because its environmentally and animal friendly. They have products that help different charities around the world while using healthy ingredients.
An amazing place to work that is very supported
Floor Leader/Shop designer/Eco-warrior (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 9, 2016
I worked for lush for almost three years and they are a very supportive company. I started there part-time seasonal hire and then within my time there I was promoted to a full-time position within a few months of being seasonal and then was promoted to a floor-leader position. They are a company that works with their employees to be the best they can, and will work with your strengths to help you grow. They went to great lengths to know what my goals with the company were and the best way to achieve them and to set up a long-term plan to achieve it.
Pros
good pay, great health insurance, supportive environment, great team
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 31, 2016
With this company I learned a lot about the skin and benefits of using different types of oils. I also became aware of a lot of issues pertaining to our environment and wildlife.
Cons
healthcare
Productive and fun workplace
Social Media Intern and Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MOOctober 9, 2015
i enjoy volunteering here. You can see the ocean from the roof. Its an amazing experience and you get to meet great travels from all over the world.
Energetic envirement with customer service oriented work
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  AnaheimJune 25, 2015
Love working for an ethical, humanitarian and environmentally aware company. Management is great w/Flexible hours and works with my schedule. Vast training on product knowledge to accommodate customers with accurate information efficiently.
Pros
sick pay, accrued vacation time
Cons
weekends are a must
friendly welcoming work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2015
it is a very friendly and welcoming work environment. everyone does their job accordingly. the store manager does everything in an orderly fashion. the hardest part about this job is trying to communicate with non-English speaking customers. Lush is on the Las Vegas strip so there are a lot of tourists who do not speak English. the most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how happy the products from this company make the customers!
Exciting and Innovative Environment for Learning
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  East Bay, CADecember 15, 2014
The Lush environment is bursting with color, fragrance and energy. A typical day presents many customers that are unfamiliar with the brand and unaware of behind-the-scenes facts about the world of cosmetics. At Lush their mission is to be true to basic human needs, to provide quality product, to protect the environment in its entirety and equip everyone with the knowledge and skills to be aware of how products work, what they contain and what to stay away from.
It has been the best example of a team environment that I have ever experienced. Everyone is knowledgeable and supportive. All the employees especially the management team have specialties and together make everything flow smoothly as a team. Communication is very important as is education and while growth is slow it is possible.
While the energy of Lush is positive and exciting it is sometimes difficult to maintain that type of energy all day with all customers. Goals are not typically unreasonable but can be difficult to achieve at times. It may occasionally be difficult to remember ingredients and functions as well. I do not believe that the wages reflect the amount of work required for the job.
Despite the few shortcomings of Lush it is in excellent place to work. Lush takes care of their employees very well and in turn are very selective about who they hire to represent them. Training on new items, company wide changes and product functions take place regularly for full time employees and as a company they are very transparent about sourcing, costs and production.They look for creative individuals that are
  more... honest, down to Earth and who genuinely care about the environment and human health. More than anything Lush is a family and that truly shows from the top of the company all the way to the bottom.  less
Pros
Contests for prizes, excellent holiday bonuses, team support
Cons
Short breaks, lower wages
Very invigorating
Book keeper AR/AP (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, RIOctober 26, 2014
Each day was a new day with new tasks and new education. Many computer task required new skills to learn each and every day.
Awesome job that requires awesome people to back it up
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day at work for me was keeping my area of the store tidy and restocked, while at the same time providing customers with excellent customer service. The customer experience was undeniably the best part of the job. Showing customers products that I knew they would go home and love was amazing. The hardest part of the job was product knowledge. There is a lot of information that you are required to know and it's packed into a very short amount of time. Management was pretty awful. Not for lack of trying- just the wrong person in the position of power.
Pros
lovely products, great ethics
Cons
poor management
Great people and Lots of fun
SALES AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Pga MallJanuary 15, 2014
I loved working at Lush. I have great interactions with customer and it allows you to really build a relationship with the clients, but I recently found out that because we merged two stores, my job is in jeopardy along with about 13 other people who now have to re-apply. The team there now, which is the august hires, opened the store and did all the grunt work of making it successful along with the detailed week long training. I have been working there for almost 6 months and I'm now considered to be a temporary worker. This is one aspect of Lush I disagree with and after this experience, whether I'm hired back or not, I defiantly will be looking for other opportunities in other companies that offer more job security.
Pros
great people, nice hours, great products
Cons
job security, bi-weekly meetings in the middle of the work week at night
Okay, if you dont mind being a drone
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2012
I worked for LUSH for two years, and I must say it was not the best experience.
Pros
free product and bonus potential
Cons
everything else