Lutech Resources Employee Reviews

Lutech Resources
Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2016
I was a core employee and not a contractor, so my perspective would be different from that of a contractor emplyed by Lutech to work at CB&I.

CB&I and Lutech were a tremendous disappointment. Leadership within both organizations seems self serving and approaches their subordinates as wholly replacable cogs in a very large wheel. It is common for management to make false promises regarding development of talent, future opportunity or even performance recogniztion and never follow through. Their internal comp programs are easily 25% below market, when you take into account the benefit plans they offer their core employees.

Morale throughut the core employees of Lutech remains abysmally low and retentiion rates are equally abysimal. The product put firward by their employees is surprisingly good, considering leadership's ill regard for their charges well being, and would not hesitate to work with a majority of my colleagues in future endeavors.
Cons
Morale, culture, work/life balance, transparency, agendas.
The nuclear projects have historic potential and the co-workers were absolutely great!
Piping Support Modeler (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCApril 28, 2016
Being in a large construction trailer onsite, the environment was often dusty (even inside the building). The project usually kept everyone busy and you got to learn a lot about nuclear plants and nuclear plant safety.

The higher project management could have been better.

The hardest part of the job is learning all the procedures that are peculiar to the nuclear industry.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of what could be America's energy future and see it coming together.
Pros
Paid well.
Cons
Half-hour luch breaks with no cafeteria or nearby places except a few vending machines (i.e., bring your own food daily).

Comment – August 24, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We value your comments and will use them to improve our work processes and procedures so that we can do the best possible job for our clients. We do this through continuous training and process improvement reviews. We hope you will stay in touch with Lutech Resources regarding future opportunities.

Very Professional and Rewarding Company
Senior Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAFebruary 11, 2016
Great company to work for. Very professional and rewarding company. The upper management was very knowledgeable in key areas and organized.

Comment – August 24, 2016

Thank you for your positive feedback. Accurate timely scheduling is a key component to project success and we are encouraged to hear that you enjoyed your assignment with us. We hope that you will continue to look on Lutech Resources' website and on Indeed for future professional opportunities.

Many mistakes, no communication.
Senior Procedure Writer (Current Employee) –  Lusby, MDFebruary 1, 2016
Calls not returned.. Many mistakes made on timesheets, benefits.
Even my last day of employment was not accurate.
Wouldn't work for them again.
Normal Work place
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 11, 2015
Normal office environment. Corporate work schedule. Nice office and building. Everyone is very nice and you learn a lot fast!
Very busy, face paces, and fun to work at
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Overall loved the people I worked with. We were always busy, always something to fix, something going on, and was able to learn so much.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Medical benefits to expensive, no stability
Lutech
QC Inspector III (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJanuary 31, 2015
I worked with Lutech for 6 months prior to transfering to full time with CB&I. Lutech is a company to find temporary help for companies.
Pros
Per Diem
Cons
Sort contracts
Micro managing
Marketing and Communication Staff (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsJanuary 22, 2015
The company is very nice, but the some department managers aren't so pleasant to work with. Micro managing, verbal abuse, unprofessional act is daily routine.
Pros
Employee Benefit
Cons
Moody manager, micro managing manager
Very good company to work for.
QA/QC Level IV Source Document Review Inspector (Current Employee) –  SMS Lake Charles, LAMay 11, 2014
Very good company to work for with good working conditions, good per diem and care for their employees.
Pros
Competive pay
Cons
Limited benefits
good work.. just no room to climn
Contractor @ Chicago Bridge & Iron Company (Current Employee) –  BolingbrookMay 6, 2014
Im assigned to CBI in chicago, which is closing this office sometime this summer. So .. a little bittersweet. I love the people I work with, I love my customers, Its just the job is going away.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
Contracting no benefits, no time off, ... no where to go but out
a safe place to work with room to grow in your trade
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 7, 2013
a safety oriented company.I work night doing general repairs on equipment and machinery. I also do a lot of preventive maintenance on all equipment and machinery.
Pros
high safety standards
Cons
temp job
Highly involved project
Senior Commissioning Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Natrium, WVApril 18, 2013
Contracted with Lutech Resources for Commissioning Support Services for the Dominion NGL Facility in Natrium, WV. I, along with my commissioning supervision and management colleagues selected the qualified individuals and staffed the commissioning teams with highly skilled commissioning Electricians and I&C Commissioning Technicians. Our commissioning teams were responsible for the Pre-Commissioning and Final Commissioning of all aspects of Electrical and Instrumentation & Controls equipment and systems associated with the project. I am proficient with the WinPCS and Idocs document management software products, and was responsible for providing our commissioning teams with the appropriate documentation required to effectively and proficiently carry out the commissioning duties.
Okay for temporary work.
Structural QC (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 16, 2012
Temporary work. No benefits. Worked alot of hours, pays the bills for temporary time. Hardest part about the job is the depreciation and the layoffs that come quickly despite the work and effort you put in.