LUTH RESEARCH Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Online Project Manager Intern (Former Employee), San DiegoMay 29, 2015
co-workers you meet there are friendly, and supportive. They are also open minded to new ways of getting things accomplished. Extremely respectable work place.
Marketing and focus group recruiter
Recruiter (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2015
This job was kind of boring in hindsight, My hours were irregular, I would have to call in 2 hours before my shift to see if I even go in, in which case 50% of the time there was no work. Setting up the focus groups were fun but the fact that I only worked on 7 projects the whole time it was kinda disappointing
There couldn't be a worse place for an analyst
Research Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: in san diego
Cons: low pay, quick to fire, overwork you, awful office environment, no company culture...i could go on and on
Avoid, avoid, avoid. The "Not that Great" review nailed it. They act nice to you and use you during their busy season and then discard you when business gets slow. They give you awful pay and overwork you with little training. Nobody's happy working their. The "Life Changing" review is a laughable attempt at HR to boost their awful reviews (any review that includes an HR buzzword like Equal Opportunity Employer should not be trusted). There are much better places to work out there. Don't waste your time with Luth.
LUTH Research was OK
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2014
I did well in the top 10% for my job, liked everyone I got to work with.
Not a good place to work
PM (Former Employee), San DiegoJuly 20, 2014
Pros: paid parking
Cons: underpaid, inappropriate bosses
I worked as an online project manager. I would not recommend working at this company. They fire a lot of people for almost no reason and hire felons and make them managers. You are very underpaid when it comes to industry standard. You work in a small cubicle, in an area with no windows and there is very little welcoming into the workplace environment. The bathrooms are pretty disgusting and parking can be challenging because you have to wait almost half an hour each day for someone to move cars. Bottom line, they treat people like disposable items, and I don't like that.
Life Changing
Anonymous (Current Employee), San Diego, California, United StatesJune 13, 2014
Pros - Great Company to work for! I had been searching for a place to work that makes me happy for a long time. I was offered a position and have grown so much in the short amount of time I've been here. Management does recognize when you work hard and go above and beyond and they reward you for it. The Benefits are generous and the people are so diverse and fun to work with! The culture is wonderful and I am so thankful that the hiring team saw something in me and gave me a chance to prove myself when other Employers wouldn't give me the time of day. Thank you Luth Research for changing my life – more... for the better!

Cons - None to share at this point. Although, It is challenging and often times I have to teach myself certain things. But, that is how you grow as an employee. Luth Research is an Equal Opportunity employer which gives everyone a chance at being employed. I think this is generous. People make mistakes and should not be discriminated against because of this. Some of these negative reviews are coming from upset part-time employees who were terminated because they don't follow the attendance policy and complain about not getting more hours when they know that they signed up for a part-time job. – less
Not that great
Research Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 7, 2014
Most of the reviews on here are from the telemarketers/phone survey switchboards. I came on here as a research analyst. I basically took all the culled data and made it into readable tables that were given to Luth's clients.

This job was really not for me and the company had no qualms about letting me go immediately. My boss was nice at first but then got very difficult when I wasn't doing well. I really hated working here. The job was difficult and the pay was really low for the amount of work I put in. I get paid a LOT more at where I currently work and my current position is much easier than what I dealt with at Luth.

People either like you or they don't. I never want to work for this terrible company again.
Fun place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Excellent place to work. Learned plenty customer service skills
very friendly invironment, nice coworkers,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 30, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, comfortable invironment, nice break room with tv and vernding machines
Cons: needs more deep cleaning on carpets, new chairs, more ventalation, to little parking
everyone there was or is very polite and friendly making a delightful and comfortable work invironment. on special occasions they would allow us to have pot lucks, company parties also provided on holidays. Nice break room with microwave to heat food, soft drink machines and other vending machines .
Not a good company to work for
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2013
You put in very stressful hours and are let go early if your production is not up where it should be.
Working @ Luth
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), San DiegoOctober 28, 2013
Pros: occasional workplace frivolity such as "free ice cream sodas"
Cons: inconsistent hours, and possibility of advancement is small
A typical day at work consists of conducting interviews with respondents for market research. I learned to be confident, professional, and businesslike in my phone manner as well as in my personal interactions on the job. Management was as helpful and encouraging as they could possibly be considering the pressures of the environment (meeting quotas). My co-workers varied in that there were those with a solid work ethic which lends success in this type of occupation. The hardest part of the job was speaking with someone who was uncommonly rude on the phone, and the most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with someone that understood you were performing a service and respected that.
phone interviewer
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great co workers.
Cons: not enough pay.
The days were always so boring. And the floor supervisors will always yell at you. and the pay rate for bilingual was 8.50 i got payed 8.00 for 4 months straight.
Productive, great team player, fun place to work
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), San Diego CAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: supervisors motivational skills kept me energized and motivation
Cons: not enough hours scheduled at times.
High energy...meet daily quota's staying focused ....lot's of calls and sometime long interviews.

I learned how to engage in conversation to win the clients trust and time.

Co-worker were team players everyone willing to help when available lunch and breaks were peaceful.

Just before new leads, was washing through lead until nothing left.to pull from them.

New fresh call leads.
Flexible and Friendly Staff
Bilingual Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: the hours you work depend on your productivity
- Fast paced and friendly environment, in order to stay in call center you need to meet quota (completes per hour), very friendly staff and realax.

-Great Job for summer or seasonal
Good place to work.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: company cares for employees by providing give a ways every week.
Cons: limited company benefits to part time workers.
Good place for beginning workers or for those who are older and more polished in phone conversations.
resarcher
Telemarketer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 18, 2013
we called individuals about upcoming clinical assesments
Productive and fun place to work
Professional Interviewer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 2, 2013
Conducted surveys to get people opinions on products and services.
The hardest part of the job was being hung up on but you get used to the rejection. Your try to convience them your not a telemarketer before they hang up.
I loved talking to people and hear what they have to say.
started off well then flopped
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee), San, HPSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: work was good for the first month
Cons: then no hours
to many employees not enough space. a lot of personal relationships going on. all of a sudden no more calls about schedule. got laid off and had no idea.. the entire staff!
Not a demanding job real fun
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2012
Pros: breaks
Cons: not alot of hours
Get to work on differnt projects and differnt cultures. The variety of interviews and people you meet.
Review
SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2012
It was a great place to work.I like to talk to people on the phone.I had to ask a lot of questions.