LUTH RESEARCH Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2017
The employees and the employers are very nice and they give out incentives based on your job production. This is a place where you can rise in positions if your skills are good
customer serivce
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2017
its an ok job something new and easy to build around. I am an out going person so i adapt very quickly. workplace culture has many different races. What I've learned is to if in doubt ask fro help
Very nice environment to work in.
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2016
In my experience at Luth, it is a very relaxed and easy going environment. The supervisors are extremely helpful and willing to help each new employee learn at his/her own pace.
Pros
Rewards for productivity.
Cons
Short break periods.
Bad experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2016
No comment. Negative environment does not know how to treat employees nothing else. I am finished . No encouragement whatsoever
And has favoritism
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good job for those struggling.
Bilingual Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2016
Typical day at work is just sitting at a cubicle all day trying out phone numbers randomly selected by a computer and try to persuade people to answer surveys about TV, radio and music choices. I personally struggled because I mostly got discontinued or business phone numbers. I got lucky if I got to complete a survey or two. In the end I was let go due to "productivity failure" which wasn't my fault.
Pros
Coffee and food vending machine and fridge to store my lunch.
Cons
Days feel slow and drag on
reppetitive and mundane work
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 10, 2016
Telemarketing at Luth Research is repetitive and mundane. Management and workers are not really encouraged to grow in the company. Hardest part of the job is staying awake. Most enjoyable part is successfully completing a survey with a client. I learned communication skills and patience.
Pros
breaks
Cons
work environment
Looks like a professional functioning company, functions like a start up that doesn't care about it's employees.
Sample Project Manager / Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 12, 2016
Employees here go a year or more without getting their promised 3 month evaluation.

Employees are never set on a track or path that clearly showed what I had to do to advance.

Expected to be online to client face via emails up until 9 pm every day, after already working an 8 hour shift.

Write ups are not followed up with training or follow ups to see how progress is going.

They are just NOW starting to standardize and make sure everyone is on the same track within the company.....after 30+ years of being in business.

Currently half the time is spent fighting within departments trying to make sure that the company actually makes a profit. The other half is spent trying to find someone to put the blame on.
Pros
Snacks in break room, Some nice people, able to advance
Cons
Some "managers" who won't even say good morning back to you, no raises, no paths or tracks, no determination or confidence that company cares about you
Excellent Call Center
Eton Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92101February 4, 2016
Excellent call center environment, strong manager providing strong skills to staff. Family like environment among employees a plus!!
Pros
hours, pay, environment
Relaxed environment
Luth Research Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Nothing good to review about this place not to sound horrible but hours kinda sucked. Not a job if you have a family or others depending on you
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Not a good place to develop career
developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2016
Not a good place to develop career, managers are good and supporting, but the HR and the CEO operate on their own and treat employees has easily replaceable objects.
It's a job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2015
Luth Research is a nice call center to get your foot in the door of customer service. Every few months we had a new supervisior because our old one quit. The hardest part of the job was to not get cussed out and hunged up on! The most enjoyable part was getting an older customer who just wants to sit and have a conversation. I enjoy making people's day!
Fun place
Research Associate, CSR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 10, 2015
I enjoyed working for Luth, just wish they would have better pay and more hours. Great job as far as job security goes as long as you do your job its pretty secure.
A great place to work
Online Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMay 29, 2015
co-workers you meet there are friendly, and supportive. They are also open minded to new ways of getting things accomplished. Extremely respectable work place.
Marketing and focus group recruiter
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2015
This job was kind of boring in hindsight, My hours were irregular, I would have to call in 2 hours before my shift to see if I even go in, in which case 50% of the time there was no work. Setting up the focus groups were fun but the fact that I only worked on 7 projects the whole time it was kinda disappointing
There couldn't be a worse place for an analyst
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2014
Avoid, avoid, avoid. The "Not that Great" review nailed it. They act nice to you and use you during their busy season and then discard you when business gets slow. They give you awful pay and overwork you with little training. Nobody's happy working their. The "Life Changing" review is a laughable attempt at HR to boost their awful reviews (any review that includes an HR buzzword like Equal Opportunity Employer should not be trusted). There are much better places to work out there. Don't waste your time with Luth.
Pros
In San Diego
Cons
Low pay, quick to fire, overwork you, awful office environment, no company culture...I could go on and on
LUTH Research was OK
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2014
I did well in the top 10% for my job, liked everyone I got to work with.
Not a good place to work
PM (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 20, 2014
I worked as an online project manager. I would not recommend working at this company. They fire a lot of people for almost no reason and hire felons and make them managers. You are very underpaid when it comes to industry standard. You work in a small cubicle, in an area with no windows and there is very little welcoming into the workplace environment. The bathrooms are pretty disgusting and parking can be challenging because you have to wait almost half an hour each day for someone to move cars. Bottom line, they treat people like disposable items, and I don't like that.
Pros
Paid Parking
Cons
Underpaid, Inappropriate Bosses
Life Changing
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Diego, California, United StatesJune 13, 2014
Pros - Great Company to work for! I had been searching for a place to work that makes me happy for a long time. I was offered a position and have grown so much in the short amount of time I've been here. Management does recognize when you work hard and go above and beyond and they reward you for it. The Benefits are generous and the people are so diverse and fun to work with! The culture is wonderful and I am so thankful that the hiring team saw something in me and gave me a chance to prove myself when other Employers wouldn't give me the time of day. Thank you Luth Research for changing my life for the better!

Cons - None to share at this point. Although, It is challenging and often times I have to teach myself certain things. But, that is how you grow as an employee. Luth Research is an Equal Opportunity employer which gives everyone a chance at being employed. I think this is generous. People make mistakes and should not be discriminated against because of this. Some of these negative reviews are coming from upset part-time employees who were terminated because they don't follow the attendance policy and complain about not getting more hours when they know that they signed up for a part-time job.
Not that great
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2014
Most of the reviews on here are from the telemarketers/phone survey switchboards. I came on here as a research analyst. I basically took all the culled data and made it into readable tables that were given to Luth's clients.

This job was really not for me and the company had no qualms about letting me go immediately. My boss was nice at first but then got very difficult when I wasn't doing well. I really hated working here. The job was difficult and the pay was really low for the amount of work I put in. I get paid a LOT more at where I currently work and my current position is much easier than what I dealt with at Luth.

People either like you or they don't. I never want to work for this terrible company again.
Fun place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Excellent place to work. Learned plenty customer service skills