Luther College Employee Reviews

Great place!
Gym Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAJune 22, 2017
It was a great environment to work in! The people are very nice and the atmoshpere is awesome. There are no benefits to the job but it was only a work study.
Research is fun!
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAMay 25, 2017
Being a research assistant at Luther College is a fun job. It is very independent, and you can work on your own schedule. The hardest part of the job was having to translate from English to French, and sometimes getting everything done before the end of the semester.
Relaxed workplace.
Caterer, Events Worker (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAMay 4, 2017
Most jobs are part time with only a few hours designed around the schedules and other commitments of college students. Typically not too intensive and flexible scheduling.
Fun place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAFebruary 27, 2017
Fun place to work. Flexible with hours, promotions available. Great benefits for full time employees. Employees can take the brakes off that the students get. There needs to be a raise in pay and some of the lower management within sodexo is awful.
Pros
Breaks off
Cons
Poor pay
Liberal Arts College
Work Study Custodian (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAFebruary 15, 2017
This is another college where a conservative person doesn't really fit in. The pay an such is good but if you are conservative you can't really speak your mind.
Flexible Hours and not very demanding
Fry Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAJanuary 14, 2017
The work days were slow and the workplace was easygoing until the lunch or dinner rush. I learned how to keep focus under pressure to meet the demands of customers. The cafeteria would become hectic but functional. My co-workers were always there for help or guidance.
Fun to work
Visual media for a Year (Former Employee) –  main buildingMay 21, 2016
The working environment was unbelievably awesome and my co-workers are very cool and smart. I could work anytime i want because I have the final cut pro application in my Laptop and it was very handy.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
No free lunches
Great place to go to school.
Luther College, Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAMay 11, 2016
The college offers many excellent opportunities to work while completing a degree. Jobs come in a variety that can be directed towards interest.
Luther College provided excellent work study positions.
Human Resources Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAApril 1, 2016
The work study positions at Luther College provided me with great experience and skills that align with many jobs in the real world.
Cohesive Work Enviornment
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAOctober 16, 2015
The work environment in the Admissions Office is so much fun. Everyone gets along and it gives you a chance to work with current and prospective students.
It was okay.
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAMay 20, 2015
Enjoyable job that aided in my learning of sewing skills. Was hard to get hours, low pay, and pretty cool people.
Primarily just making costumes for school productions
Close community, committed to college mission
Director of Lifetime Wellness (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAMarch 26, 2015
Luther College has a strong sense of community. Employees are dedicated to the college with strong job satisfaction. Class sizes are small and students form good relationships with faculty. This is a residential school with a strong liberal arts curriculum.
Pros
Close community
Cons
Very rural, one hour from a city.
work study (Former Employee) –  work studyMarch 11, 2015
work study
for the last time work study.
this was college work study to help me thought college
Pros
work study
Cons
work study
Good way to help other students.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAOctober 23, 2014
It's just the same as any other tutoring job, it is pretty self explanatory.
Luther College is great.
Alpha Beta Psi Secretary (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAJune 12, 2014
The atmosphere is something that you will not forget. I went to weekly meetings and communicated with people to find out valuable information that needed to be sent out. The people that I worked with were extremely kind and welcoming.
Good on-campus job for students
Catering (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAMarch 31, 2014
I believe this is a good job to start becoming involved with the students as well as getting a strong interaction with customers. You will be able to learn a variety of things and there is always something fun and exciting waiting each new work day.
Working and Studying at Luther College
Admissions Tour Guide and Mediator (Current Employee) –  UnionMarch 11, 2014
Luther College is a great learning environment. I also enjoy the fact that it provides opportunities for everyone to use their skills in various settings, through work-study especially. I am grateful to have supervisors that are also mentors.
Fun
Student Assistant, Luther College Archivist (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAMarch 10, 2014
Wonderful place to work and meet new people. People are willing to work together to meet the goals of the company
Awesome
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IANovember 11, 2013
Great place to work. Friendly faculty and students. I worked there as a student.
Had access to many historical documents
Student Archivist (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAMarch 4, 2013
It started out as my college work study position and later turned into a full-time summer job. It happened to be during the college's 150th anniversary and so myself and three other student archivists were each assigned projects to be presented at the sesquicentennial event in early fall. We cataloged historical artifacts of the college's leaders and patrons as a group and my individual task was to create an interactive time-line of all significant events predating the founding of the college to its presentday status. We were often seperated while working on our individual projects and were for the most part self managed.

I learned a lot about how to conduct a long term project by setting deadlines and projecting completion dates. This was also the hardest part as we still had to fullfill our normal duties of providing the public with historical information as the college archive aslo serves as one of the largest archival databases in the area pertaining to Norwegian-American history.

What I enjoyed most was the ablility of first hand access to original and authentic historical materials. It was equally enjoyable to be able to present many images and descriptions about the many unknown histories of early student life, past curriculums, school traditions, and leadership that made the college what it is today.
Pros
self managed, encourage to be creative
Cons
short deadlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luther College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3