Luther College

Luther College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Luther College provided excellent work study positions.
Human Resources Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAApril 1, 2016
The work study positions at Luther College provided me with great experience and skills that align with many jobs in the real world.
Great place to go to school.
Luther College, Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAMay 11, 2016
The college offers many excellent opportunities to work while completing a degree. Jobs come in a variety that can be directed towards interest.
Cohesive Work Enviornment
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAOctober 16, 2015
The work environment in the Admissions Office is so much fun. Everyone gets along and it gives you a chance to work with current and prospective students.
Close community, committed to college mission
Director of Lifetime Wellness (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAMarch 26, 2015
Luther College has a strong sense of community. Employees are dedicated to the college with strong job satisfaction. Class sizes are small and students form good relationships with faculty. This is a residential school with a strong liberal arts curriculum.
Pros
Close community
Cons
Very rural, one hour from a city.
It was okay.
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAMay 20, 2015
Enjoyable job that aided in my learning of sewing skills. Was hard to get hours, low pay, and pretty cool people.
Primarily just making costumes for school productions
work study (Former Employee) –  work studyMarch 11, 2015
work study
for the last time work study.
this was college work study to help me thought college
Pros
work study
Cons
work study
Working and Studying at Luther College
Admissions Tour Guide and Mediator (Current Employee) –  UnionMarch 11, 2014
Luther College is a great learning environment. I also enjoy the fact that it provides opportunities for everyone to use their skills in various settings, through work-study especially. I am grateful to have supervisors that are also mentors.
Good on-campus job for students
Catering (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAMarch 31, 2014
I believe this is a good job to start becoming involved with the students as well as getting a strong interaction with customers. You will be able to learn a variety of things and there is always something fun and exciting waiting each new work day.
Luther College is great.
Alpha Beta Psi Secretary (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAJune 12, 2014
The atmosphere is something that you will not forget. I went to weekly meetings and communicated with people to find out valuable information that needed to be sent out. The people that I worked with were extremely kind and welcoming.
Fun
Student Assistant, Luther College Archivist (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAMarch 10, 2014
Wonderful place to work and meet new people. People are willing to work together to meet the goals of the company
Had access to many historical documents
Student Archivist (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IAMarch 4, 2013
It started out as my college work study position and later turned into a full-time summer job. It happened to be during the college's 150th anniversary and so myself and three other student archivists were each assigned projects to be presented at the sesquicentennial event in early fall. We cataloged historical artifacts of the college's leaders and patrons as a group and my individual task was to create an interactive time-line of all significant events predating the founding of the college to its presentday status. We were often seperated while working on our individual projects and were for the most part self managed.

I learned a lot about how to conduct a long term project by setting deadlines and projecting completion dates. This was also the hardest part as we still had to fullfill our normal duties of providing the public with historical information as the college archive aslo serves as one of the largest archival databases in the area pertaining to Norwegian-American history.

What I enjoyed most was the ablility of first hand access to original and authentic historical materials. It was equally enjoyable to be able to present many images and descriptions about the many unknown histories of early student life, past curriculums, school traditions, and leadership that made the college what it is today.
Pros
self managed, encourage to be creative
Cons
short deadlines
Good way to help other students.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAOctober 23, 2014
It's just the same as any other tutoring job, it is pretty self explanatory.
Great School
Academic Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Decorah, IASeptember 16, 2012
Great School. I went there as a student and was employed by the writing center. I learned a bunch, not only as a student, but in my work as a writing tutor.
Awesome
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IANovember 11, 2013
Great place to work. Friendly faculty and students. I worked there as a student.