Luther Manor Employee Reviews in United States

A good place to work
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 20, 2016
I have worked at Luther Manor for a year and a half now. I love how the place is ran. They are great at working with the workers. Everyone works pretty well together. It is a very clean and positive environment. They give opportunities to advance. It is a fast paced environment. I have learned a lot about people. The best part of my job is working with great people, residents and co-workers.
Pros
positive environment
A rewarding and challenging job
Safety/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 22, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the senior living environment. I liked working the front desk; answering the phones, monitoring the alarms and cameras. My supervisor was very supportive of me and my work. The hardest part was working rotating 10 hour days, 3rd shift.
Review of Luther Manor great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 30, 2015
I loved working at Luther Manor. My manager was stern but fair, she had a open door policy. It made the job enviroment pleasent to work. I loved my residents I treated the as if they were my Gran-parents. The hardest thing was to see them pass away. I got along with all my co workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling needed and appreciated by mangement and residents and there family.
Pros
Luther Manor would reward you for good attendance and also bonuses
Cons
residents passing, family not understanding deteriorating health.
wonderful friendly place, I enjoy the staff, Wednesdays popcorn , seeing the resident warm smile
Nursing Scheduler/Payroll Assist (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 23, 2015
I was there for 13yrs I also enjoyed warm lunch , special holiday meals. There was always supplies able for staff when needed ex towels , tissue, sacks for resident if there hunger before or after meals.
Enjoyed working with residents, but staff was another issue
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 26, 2015
This employer offers good wages and great benefits. Managers generally had open door policy however they really never addressed problems instead made excuses. No stable ADON or DON at this time. Human resources are ignored when they make suggestions to management the hours are standard nursing hours and standard nursing work. Scheduling is very unorganized with nurses being switched from unit to unit on a regular basis no continuity of care. Schedulers are dishonest and make changes without notifying employees. Long term staff seem to be untouchable using phrases such as "you people" to describe race or gender. 1 very abusive male staff member makes threats and this is ignored by management.
Pros
nice facility, great benefits okay pay
Cons
Long term employess are verbally abusive to new staff, phrases such as "you people" are used to describe gender and race, management does nothing about it, hostile enviornment.
I learned how to work with differernt types of clients
CBRF Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WISeptember 29, 2015
I loved working with clients with dementia i learned how to deal with high stress situations and take charge when needed. I obtained many skills at this workplace and retained and experienced them in real world situations.
Pros
personally grow and developed skills
Cons
some of the staff isn't up to par
Enjoyed working with the elderly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  milwaukee, WIJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work is to come in and prepare to get residents up, bathed, dressed etc. for breakfast and the rest of their day. Take to appointments on grounds. Assist in preparing laundry to be washed. Cleaned rooms and bathrooms. Gave nurses stat updates on residents, etc. Helped Nurses in administering their meds or topical ointment, etc. I enjoyed working with the residents some had alzheimers or dementia. Also, the activities they would attend in the building.
Pros
Learning and talking to the elderly.
Cons
not enough pay nor support
Excellent facility to work. Great team working. Staffs are loving and caring.
Rehabilitation Care Coordinator/RN (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 7, 2015
I enjoyed working this facility more than 8 years. Great team work. Excellent place to work. Staffs are loving and caring. Provides plenty of opportunities to learn new things. Good management. Resident get excellent and quality care.
Pros
Always busy. Plenty of opportunities to grow professionally
Cons
less pay
consistent work
Dining service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 3, 2015
Serving the elderly there food and cleaning up there mess after is a typical day at luther manor. Co- workers are very terrirtoral over the hours there so not so much of a friendly environment. Management tries there best to keep order check but staff rebels alot.
Pros
good hours
Cons
work environment
asseses resident health and administer medication
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 8, 2015
Great place to working management and co worker are supportive good opportunity to move to different unit insurance is good
work place
food service assistant (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 13, 2015
working at Luther Manor is a very good experience when it comes to communication and customer service. it all balances out in the communication skills area.
Volunteer Work/ No pay
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 3, 2013
I volunteered at Luther Manor evaluating certain residents, Rewrote/Typed Personal Documents and kept up to date. Also in the Avocation Constituency helping out the Retired, and Elderly in the home; strolling them to their rooms, and playing a variety of Unconventional Recreations.
Pros
free food and nice way of learning... send cards each year
Cons
no cons
Great experience in volunteering at, expecially the retail shop.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 15, 2013
My favorite place was the retail shop. Someday I would want to work in retail because I love clothes, so this job was the perfect fit for me. the building was clean and professional and wouldn't mind my recommendation for Luther Manor.
Pros
great place for youth volunteers
Cons
sometimes there are slow days
I was happy because I am a happy person, however this was not a fit for me.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CENA) (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 13, 2012
I loved my work and residents, however, I felt I was alone no teawork. I felt at times like I was in an hostile enviroment. I was not valued or respected by management & coworkers.
Pros
i had a job.
Cons
your thoughts didn't matter, to much back bitting.
Very rewarding but yet challenging work experience
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 18, 2012
I have learned many communication skills working with my residents. I was also trained to work with the Alzheimer's/Dementia residents, which increased my knowledge and experience with adults who have mental illness.
Wholesome Enviroment
Dinning Services/Sercurity (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 12, 2014
I wouldnt know much about a typical day because i work mainly third shift sercurity. I learned from this job how to pay close attention to detail because one mistake can cost someone their life
Hours we acceptable
Captain Wait Staff Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 25, 2012
As a highschool student this was a perfect job for you, the hours were good and the residents that you served were fun to talk to and to be around.
Cons
no breaks, no health benefits
CNA (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 6, 2014
This is a good work enviroment with a very diverse culture, your able to get team work from any of the staff.Your able to buy lunch within the facility and they have good food.
Pros
team work
Cons
n/a
pass on this job
Dine Staff/ host (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 11, 2012
over work and under pay you even though their making big money.
been working there for two and nothings changed pay or position
Cons
rude supervisors and people that stay there
Very fun workplace. Team players
Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 14, 2012
Enjoyed watching the elderly come out for their meals and socialize with other that resided in the facility.
Pros
free meals
Cons
young staff not dependable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luther Manor. Our community is ready to answer.