Luther Manor Employee Reviews

I enjoy working for our residents
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI 53225March 26, 2017
I begin my day with reviewing daily reports, incident reports and reading the pass along log for daily events. I then generate the reports correcting spelling and printing final copies and distributing them to administration and directors. I then walk the building to check on refrigeration readings through out the complex. The rest of my evening I take over the desk and become the receptionist until 12-midnight. I then walk the building again and record refrigeration/meter reading for 3rd shift. My last duty for the night is mobile patrol. Also misc. duties as they occur.
Pros
I enjoy walking the building and talking with our residents
Cons
We do not receive breaks and have to eat at the desk
Luther Manor is GREAT! Come join us!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 9, 2017
We are doing great things at Luther Manor! Our leadership team has worked hard to create a clear vision and goals for our team, and we're excited about the future of our organization. I honestly go to work each day and feel like I love the people I work with and love what I do. If you are looking for the ability to help shape and impact a company culture, and to be a positive influence on the lives of residents and our community, Luther Manor would be a great place for you to work!

We are looking to create a team of the most talented people who love their job and helping our residents.
Pros
on site ice cream parlor, on-site little shoppe, free popcorn Wednesdays, ability to serve our residents, kind and compassionate staff
Cons
Need to improve processes and technology
Dining Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 25, 2017
I really enjoy Luther Manor because my co-workers are great. Most importantly, I love the residents. They're very nice and caring. A normal day at work for me is going in and serving the residents. As in taking their food orders and drinks. At the end of the shift, there is cleaning. Usually helping out with dishes, taking dishes to the back, sweeping, vacuuming, wiping down, and mopping. Sometimes when needed, there is stocking stuff.
Pros
The residents
Cons
NOT many hours
Wonderful experience working with elderly resident
Dining Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 22, 2017
supervise, assign tasks and instruct young employees will daily operations for both dining rooms, making sure the residents are being taken care of quickly and professionally. Train new employees, safety audits, work with Kronos, end of shift reports. Management is wonderful, they have helped me a lot with learning the job. Workplace is very diverse. The hardest part is getting the younger employees(high school age) to clean, clean, clean. The most enjoyable is working and talking to the residents.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
the shift hours
Senior Living Community - Faith based. Friendly employees, wonderful residents.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 8, 2017
There is no "typical day" in Human Resources. We are a service department and respond to the daily interruptions and needs of the staff. I have developed an extensive knowledge base and have exhibited my innate ability to successfully coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a calm composure.

I enjoy my job working with employees to educate and assist in the problem resolution of benefits. I pride myself in the level of Customer Service that is given to those that I interact with. It can be a challenge, but very rewarding.

I am very detail oriented working the majority of my time independently without the need for direct supervision. I view my department as a team and am willing to assist a co-worker to complete the job needed.
Good place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 21, 2016
This was my first job as a CNA and it was a good experience and good place to start off at. The only reason I left was because I got a job at a hospital. The coworkers worked well together and management was understanding of school schedules.
productive place to work very nice setting
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 10, 2016
Caring for residents making them feel comfortable. Feeding , tolieting, bathing. The coworkers are all about team work. the pay is good. you have the opportunity to get as many hours as you like.
Cool place, bad people
Dining Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 25, 2016
Nice job, the co workers can be catty and childish, they speak to you any kind of way and use their feelings to make decisions, Possible to get all the hours you want and hours you dont
Great first job!
Dining Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at Luther manor would be taking orders for residents and serving them their meal in a fast and friendly matter. I learned a lot about dealing with the elderly working at this job. My coworkers were the best! The hardest part of the job had to be the speed and the heavy trays that we had to carry on our shoulders. The most enjoyable part were my coworkers and getting to know and care for the residents that lived in the facility.
Pros
Fun coworkers and nice residents
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Helping hand
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 30, 2016
My first job but before working there I volunteered. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping those who could not help themselves.
Pros
The welcoming enviroment
Cons
n/a
A rewarding and challenging job
Safety/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 22, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the senior living environment. I liked working the front desk; answering the phones, monitoring the alarms and cameras. My supervisor was very supportive of me and my work. The hardest part was working rotating 10 hour days, 3rd shift.
Former employee working at Luther Manor
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 12, 2016
I recently worked at Luther Manor a couple months ago its a great learning experience due to the various placements they offer such as assisted living, hospice, memory care, rehab etc.. It depends on what floor your working on is where you get the help but generally speaking i experienced no problems with other employees. The management was kind of off when you expressed problems with them they were always open to listen they just never solved them and i got fired for a problem similar to this. Overall it was a good place to work
Pros
bonus, extra shifts, residents, my unit
Cons
how problems were addressed and solved involving the work place
Nutrition Assistant
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 5, 2016
Energetic, compassionate, and highly motivated dietary aide seeking a position which allows for comprehensive communication to patients and dietary planning for those in need.
Enjoyed working with residents, but staff was another issue
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 26, 2015
This employer offers good wages and great benefits. Managers generally had open door policy however they really never addressed problems instead made excuses. No stable ADON or DON at this time. Human resources are ignored when they make suggestions to management the hours are standard nursing hours and standard nursing work. Scheduling is very unorganized with nurses being switched from unit to unit on a regular basis no continuity of care. Schedulers are dishonest and make changes without notifying employees. Long term staff seem to be untouchable using phrases such as "you people" to describe race or gender. 1 very abusive male staff member makes threats and this is ignored by management.
Pros
nice facility, great benefits okay pay
Cons
Long term employess are verbally abusive to new staff, phrases such as "you people" are used to describe gender and race, management does nothing about it, hostile enviornment.
wonderful friendly place, I enjoy the staff, Wednesdays popcorn , seeing the resident warm smile
Nursing Scheduler/Payroll Assist (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 23, 2015
I was there for 13yrs I also enjoyed warm lunch , special holiday meals. There was always supplies able for staff when needed ex towels , tissue, sacks for resident if there hunger before or after meals.
Review of Luther Manor great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 30, 2015
I loved working at Luther Manor. My manager was stern but fair, she had a open door policy. It made the job enviroment pleasent to work. I loved my residents I treated the as if they were my Gran-parents. The hardest thing was to see them pass away. I got along with all my co workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling needed and appreciated by mangement and residents and there family.
Pros
Luther Manor would reward you for good attendance and also bonuses
Cons
residents passing, family not understanding deteriorating health.
I learned how to work with differernt types of clients
CBRF Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WISeptember 29, 2015
I loved working with clients with dementia i learned how to deal with high stress situations and take charge when needed. I obtained many skills at this workplace and retained and experienced them in real world situations.
Pros
personally grow and developed skills
Cons
some of the staff isn't up to par
asseses resident health and administer medication
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 8, 2015
Great place to working management and co worker are supportive good opportunity to move to different unit insurance is good
Enjoyed working with the elderly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  milwaukee, WIJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work is to come in and prepare to get residents up, bathed, dressed etc. for breakfast and the rest of their day. Take to appointments on grounds. Assist in preparing laundry to be washed. Cleaned rooms and bathrooms. Gave nurses stat updates on residents, etc. Helped Nurses in administering their meds or topical ointment, etc. I enjoyed working with the residents some had alzheimers or dementia. Also, the activities they would attend in the building.
Pros
Learning and talking to the elderly.
Cons
not enough pay nor support
Excellent facility to work. Great team working. Staffs are loving and caring.
Rehabilitation Care Coordinator/RN (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 7, 2015
I enjoyed working this facility more than 8 years. Great team work. Excellent place to work. Staffs are loving and caring. Provides plenty of opportunities to learn new things. Good management. Resident get excellent and quality care.
Pros
Always busy. Plenty of opportunities to grow professionally
Cons
less pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luther Manor. Our community is ready to answer.

Luther Manor Reviews by Location