Lutheran Care Employee Reviews

Resident Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYAugust 15, 2017
Keeps me on my feet. Staff is wonderful, have developed relationships with them all. Enjoy working with my residents. Great experience for me personally.
productive workplace
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYJuly 25, 2017
It was a great work place for a first job but it is not what I personally enjoy doing and attitudes of others were miserable. everyday I would get there 5 minutes early and have to stay 30 minutes after due to others not cooperating and getting the job done.
Cons
getting out late everynight, bad employee attitudes
not bad
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYFebruary 10, 2017
its your usual upstate New York nursing home. I cant complain they treated me good while i worked there but it was nothing special like the Masonic home
Great place just not for me
LPN (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 7, 2016
My experience here was invaluable to my profession, yet I decided to find another place to work. I was working a shift that was not good for me and no other position was open.
Pros
experience as an LPN
Cons
overnight shift
good learning environment with much room to advance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Started as LPN with great mentors and learning environment. Excellent manager with positive encrouagement to continue education. After graduating to RN, was promoted to administrative supervisor and enjoyed being a team leader.
Bad experience
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYSeptember 13, 2016
A typical day at the kitchen is ok, No if little effort in assisting me with my disability. Lazy type atmosphere and badly recommended
Fun work place
Lead Home Companion Aide (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYSeptember 11, 2016
Fun place to work. People are great and very nice I feel like they are my family. Management is amazing. No hard job, when you love you're job its easy.
Family like work environment
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYAugust 23, 2016
Co-workers are generally family like and wonderful with the residents. Management needs a lot of work and better people skills.
Elderly and children are put first!!
bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Altamont, ILAugust 16, 2016
Rewarding environment to work in due to the benefits of being able to socialize and help with the elderly. Putting a smile on their faces is a great way to start a day!
Great Place
Clinical Nurse Manager, MDS nurse, and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 21, 2016
I enjoy my employment at LCC. I am still maintaining my employment there as a per diem supervisor. Thank you.
Productive work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYMarch 20, 2016
Awesome people to work with, always staffed, management listens, residents well cared for, good benefits, hard working people, clean facility.
Pros
Dedicated staffing
Cons
low pay
working with animals
follow instruction for LPN or RN on duty (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYMarch 18, 2016
always fun, staff caring, helpful, answer questions on first request. Wish I was hired on, but understood was only volunteer for school
Beautiful, loving, friendly, clean home for the elderly to be cared for!!
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Bookkeeper Office, IllinoisJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is to get my computer up and running. Sort through my responsibilities and decide what my goals are for each day in order to have my work completed in time for our monthly board meetings. There may be several interruptions but helping the residents or resident family members is always an enjoyable part of my job. I am fortunate to be able to work with a great group of people, we all make a productive and accurate team. The hardest part of my job has to be when we loose a resident to death.
Pros
Enjoyable & Flexible
Cons
Pay Scale because we are donation funded.
Wonderful Residents
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYAugust 10, 2015
My day consisted of rolling silverware, making drinks, serving food, cleaning up after the residents, and busing tables. Unfortunately, there was horrible management in my department. Problems were brought up many times over but were never addressed. my coworkers were wonderful and I had a good relationship with everyone. The hardest part of the job was the frustration caused by the managers not doing inventory correctly, not scheduling enough people to cover the shift, constantly working short staffed and putting people on the schedule before they were even trained, which caused many problems. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the residents everyday and communicating with them, learning what they like and dislike. That always made me happy , knowing I could talk to the residents and help them even if it was in just a small way.
acceptable
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYSeptember 19, 2014
A good starting point for anyone trying to get into the healthcare field. Time management was a large part of the job.
being able to work with elderly
Dietary/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYDecember 2, 2013
cleaning their area, fixing things, delivering their food
Pros
self satisfaction
Cons
not enough time in the day
Great place to work wonderful patients and staff
CNA (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYMay 30, 2013
great place to work and obtain work experience as a can. co workers are very friendly and helpful benefits are great. the shifts available to work are a little difficult if you have children.
Pros
plenty of overtime available
Cons
work shifts
Nice facility to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYNovember 15, 2012
The staff was very welcoming and eager to help me learn. The facility is caring about its residents.
The Lutheran Home doesn't respect their employees!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYSeptember 11, 2012
The nursing units are ALWAYS understaffed on a daily basis. When you ask for help (at least Nursing wise) you don't get it. The second shift is staffed with only one nurse (LPN) and usually three CNA's. Sometimes they don't even have three CNA's to cover a forty bed unit. They tell you that you have vacation or holiday time to use, but then when you put in for it the time is denied! When you work a shift that isn't usually yours the payroll staff CAN'T seem to get it right and pay you for it!!! It seems as if you have to jump through hoops to get the time paid to you. Each floor has an exception book that all the time that an employee does (that isn't their shift) has to go in it. You then have to find a supervisor to sign it. The payroll staff then will go over it and either cross it out and tell you that it was the wrong person to sign the book or try to find a way to get out of paying you for that time. It's a JOKE!!!! If you are punched in on the time clock IT'S ILLEGAL to not pay someone for the ti9me they have worked. The state labor board needs to hear about this matter. The only thing that is VERY enjoyable about the job is to work and care for the elderly people. The other thing is that you never get to take your lunch breaks on second shift!!!!!
Pros
working with the elderly
Cons
no breaks and poor payroll staff!!!
A nice place to work
Nurses Trainee (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYMay 4, 2012
They were very coroportavie in working around my college schedule.