Lutheran Home at Concord Reserve Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Regional Consumer Affair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 27, 2016
Management and co-workers were great, I made some true friends. Assisting with the residents was a major spirit boost.
Your co-workers are your greatest obstacle to providing good care.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 7, 2015
On a daily basis I am placed in a position to fail either by less than ideal staffing or being assigned to work with other nurses that will not help supervise STNAs, or being assigned to work with STNAs that don't care about the job they have chosen to do or are unable and unwilling to follow clear directions or have tasks delegated to them without coping a major attitude. Management has taken a completely reactive approach and any attempts to discuss problems results in being admonished for speaking up.
cleaning
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 7, 2015
it started out good but it got worse as my time there went by they don't treat u well at all they make jokes and the other manger hits you when you don't do something right I was fed up with it and I knew it was a time for change you would get in trouble for things you didn't even do
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Good place to start a career
Music Therapist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 14, 2012
Opportunity to provide music therapy in the nursing home/assisted living setting.
Beautiful facility. Top-ranked in the area. Nursing Home, Assisted Living, and Skilled Rehab. 192 beds. Great, professional co-workers.
Short-term rehab. and long-term social worker (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 13, 2012
I do admissions, care planning, MDS, and discharge planning. I also work with families in crisis who are caring for an elderly or disabled loved one, troubleshooting and soothing. I facilitate a caregiver support group, and do mental health counseling. The growth I have experienced over the time at this workplace has been so valuable. I had never worked in this setting, and I had to learn quickly and well in order to accommodate those in skilled rehabilitation. There have been a lot of changes in administration and management within the past several months. I have learned to be malleable and work well with different personalities and values of those in charge. My co-workers are wonderful people. Most of them are willing to go an extra mile to help those in need. The hardest part of the job is seeing people lose their independence and a sense of control over their own lives. The most enjoyable part is learning from and laughing with the residents. They are indescribably interesting and each one is unique! The most rewarding part of my job is finding a path to meet the needs of someone who was at a roadblock in their life. Entitlements, a new place to live, or even something as simple as a new motorized w/c for mobility are good examples. I love my job, my field, and those with whom I have contact in the workplace.
Pros
financial incentives on healthcare for non-smokers, a very approachable hr director, facility located close to my home.
Cons
need more assisted living suites, especially for couples, benefits cut b/c of the economy, and many laid off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Home at Concord Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7