Lutheran Home Employee Reviews

Management complaining, covering up issues.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PASeptember 16, 2017
Changed management 3 times since I started a year ago. Management spends more time complaining than problem solving. Staff puts on smiles to cover up when corporate management comes to visit, the second they leave they return to their normal awful attitudes. Employees walk around stressed to the brim with their plates overflowing. Many important issues go unaddressed or severely delayed. Would not recommend as a job if you have any sort of moral compass.
Pros
Competitive wage
Very Good
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 26, 2017
My day was a very busy day. I learned a lot. Management was nice. The workplace was very good. The hardest part was lifting heavy. I enjoyed everything at the Lutheran Home.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Flexible Hours
Typical nursing facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 3, 2017
It is a good job however management leaves something to be desired.I would recommend it to others with some caution. It is a typical nursing facility however it is the largest in the area.
It's a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 1, 2017
Staff and members are friendly. If you're full-time you get benefits and is you're PRN no benefits but it is still a good place to work. You learn new skills and it's beautiful.
Pros
You work 3 days one week and 4 days the other week
Cons
12 hour shifts
On call receptionist
On call Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 29, 2017
really awesome place to work, My co workers are very nice and a helpful bunch of people. The residence who live there are also amazing people. The visitors always comes in with a smile.
Productive and enjoyable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 2, 2017
Productive and respectful place to work. Patients were enjoyable to work with. Management cared about employees. I was hard when it rain to make round.
Pros
Bonus gifts
Cons
Healthcare
Great Place to Work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 15, 2017
The Lutheran Home is a great place to work while in school. The workplace culture is cohesive and everyone works well together. The management trusts your judgement and is available if you have any questions or concerns.
Great place to work and grow
Resident Services / Culinary Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 23, 2017
The Company it's excellent, great benefits, you get more PTO than most companies, co-workers are excellent, fast pace environment, time flies, but, 2 years ago my department replace management and my new manager it's just flat out terrible, I just to have the greatest team ever until the director got let go, then the next two managers and the rest is history, I still work there but looking. Other departments are amazing, just not CULINARY SERVICES MANAGEMENT TEAM, you got to be fair to your employees so that they fight your battles....
Pros
everything
Cons
Culinary services managers
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53213April 18, 2017
I love my team and this is a great place to work. The pay is a little low. I wouldnt really change anyhting accept the amount of work the nurses do. I like this place.
Pros
great team
Cons
the pay
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 9, 2017
Friendly and home like,good staff to resident ratio. Management promotes continued education of staff and is supportive. Management has experience. Good place to work.
Pros
Good staff ratio
Cons
Clean and well-staffed facility.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working at the Lutheran home as the staff was very competent and reliable, the place was well-stocked and very clean. I really enjoyed serving the residents as a nurse.
Pros
Very excellent staff and helpful management
Cons
Night shift was tiring with my home life
Productive and Fun
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 23, 2017
Working in Clinical at Lutheran Home gave me experience with elderly people. It is hard not to get attached to them, but at the same time you learn to cope with the elderly. I enjoyed working with the patients and making sure they were well tended too. It also gave me hands on experience with caring and helping them with their ADLs. The most enjoyable part of the job was building a bond with the residents and getting to know them on daily basis.
Terrible
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYMarch 20, 2017
Management is terrible, mandation for nurses, and supervisors are no help. Always short staffed. When I worked here they did not care if I told them I needed more training or help. Supervisors themselves are over worked. This company merged with Presbyterian home because they were going down hill.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Mandation, low pay wage, bad management.
Skilled Nursing and Rehab
Resident Services Liaison (Current Employee) –  Southbury, CTFebruary 25, 2017
Providing quality and caring health care to patients in need of short-term rehabilitation or chronic care is first priority of the facility and its owners/managers.

Staff and managers are dedicated and caring and strive to maintain
continuing support and education education for employees. Residents come first in the facility.

The health care environment is a constantly changing system and keeping up with changes in State and Federal regulations are a must.
Paperwork can be distressing at times, especially required in the State of CT.

Interaction with residents and families is the most enjoyable part of the day regardless of their care needs.
Pros
Flexibe schedule, continuing education, supportive management
Cons
Lutheran home was a great company to work for
Laundry dept (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 19, 2017
I loved working for lutheran home. I learned a lot and i taught a lot. I was very good at my job. I would live to pass on my experiences to my next work place..
Loved my coworkers, managment needs work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 8, 2016
Recieved paperwork stating I would make one dollar amount only to have never recieved that dollar amount ever. When confronted they admitted their mistake but did nothing to amend it. Residents are very nice, and most coworkers are too. Pay attention to all of your paperwork to catch their mistakes asap or prepare to get ripped off!
Pros
Nice residents, mostly good coworkers
Cons
Management, Wages
I enjoyed my time working there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2016
Some things need to be addressed but i no longer care because i am no longer employed there. So far the way they have been running things have worked, all i have to say is good luck to ya.
Was a good job for a teenager
nutritious meal and assisting (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 4, 2016
I worked here as a teenager, it was for the most part fair and steady. There were a few issues that involved my school schedule and things that involved prom and graduation that they did not want to work with me on which I thought was incredibly unfair to expect a high school student to miss those things which is why I ended up leaving.
a safe and fun work environment with lots of potential to learn, grow, and move up.
Dietary Aide, Concierge, & Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 29, 2016
The Lutheran Home is a great place to work for while they stand for a lot. It is a comfortable and safe work environment, with good management and an enjoyable and fun work staff.Management is good with answering questions, being open to come to them always with concerns, and being helpful with whatever it is you may need. They always make sure you are comfortable and are doing well with your job tasks, and if you are not they are good about always helping you and getting you up to speed. The most important thing is we know they are there for the employees when we need them. Lutheran is well kept and organized in all departments due to peoples hard work, time , and dedication. We as a team, a community, a Lutheran family stand behind Lutheran not only making sure our outpatient program and permanent residents are happy and well cared for, but that they always feel welcomed, satisfied and have an at home feel there. Lutheran also does an amazing job for recognizing its workers and showing their appreciation for the employees always and that our needs and satisfaction are always up to par as well. Lutheran gives you a large amount of opportunities to always want to better yourself whether it be inside Lutheran or helping with everyday obstacles. They strongly encourage and are supportive making it a great place to want to come to each day. A typical day at Lutheran depending on one of the several positions I handle all typically deals and goes back to the kitchen, Whether it be taking the residents food orders for the day, serving in the kitchen, busing, cleaning, answering  more... phones, catering to residents needs and requests. It keeps you busy as there is always something to do, something to learn, something to keep you moving and going to make a what could seem like a long day go by fast while being productive. One of the harder parts is being giving a lot to do in such a short span of a day, though always managing a way to get it all done regardless. Though the hardest thing for me would have to be getting attached to residents, hearing their life stories. their struggles now and learning who they are and were as a person and having to see them sadly go. There is nothing more heartbreaking than the loss of a sweet soul though i always keep them dear and close and feel honored and happy to have gotten to spend the time with them I did and enjoying their company. Lutheran has its difficult points and traits, though over all I will be forever grateful for the opportunity I've had here. It has helped me to grow as a person, to have a better work experience and learn what I have. To give me the want to pursue my dreams and to feel good knowing I'm putting a smile on someones face even if it be just for a second and for the smallest thing. I am very proud to be part of the Lutheran Home community.  less
Pros
meals can be bought with your badge and taken out of your check if you want to eat, flexible work schedule, offer insurance
Cons
parking spots are difficult to come by sometimes, sometimes work loads are to much and breaks are hard to get in
Awful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 25, 2016
Not well enough to their staff and not well enough especially to the residents. I hated to have to watch my amazing residents cry because of the short staffing problem and the awful staff in general

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Home. Our community is ready to answer.