Lutheran Home Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time working there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2016
Some things need to be addressed but i no longer care because i am no longer employed there. So far the way they have been running things have worked, all i have to say is good luck to ya.
Was a good job for a teenager
nutritious meal and assisting (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 4, 2016
I worked here as a teenager, it was for the most part fair and steady. There were a few issues that involved my school schedule and things that involved prom and graduation that they did not want to work with me on which I thought was incredibly unfair to expect a high school student to miss those things which is why I ended up leaving.
a safe and fun work environment with lots of potential to learn, grow, and move up.
Dietary Aide, Concierge, & Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 29, 2016
The Lutheran Home is a great place to work for while they stand for a lot. It is a comfortable and safe work environment, with good management and an enjoyable and fun work staff.Management is good with answering questions, being open to come to them always with concerns, and being helpful with whatever it is you may need. They always make sure you are comfortable and are doing well with your job tasks, and if you are not they are good about always helping you and getting you up to speed. The most important thing is we know they are there for the employees when we need them. Lutheran is well kept and organized in all departments due to peoples hard work, time , and dedication. We as a team, a community, a Lutheran family stand behind Lutheran not only making sure our outpatient program and permanent residents are happy and well cared for, but that they always feel welcomed, satisfied and have an at home feel there. Lutheran also does an amazing job for recognizing its workers and showing their appreciation for the employees always and that our needs and satisfaction are always up to par as well. Lutheran gives you a large amount of opportunities to always want to better yourself whether it be inside Lutheran or helping with everyday obstacles. They strongly encourage and are supportive making it a great place to want to come to each day. A typical day at Lutheran depending on one of the several positions I handle all typically deals and goes back to the kitchen, Whether it be taking the residents food orders for the day, serving in the kitchen, busing, cleaning, answering  more... phones, catering to residents needs and requests. It keeps you busy as there is always something to do, something to learn, something to keep you moving and going to make a what could seem like a long day go by fast while being productive. One of the harder parts is being giving a lot to do in such a short span of a day, though always managing a way to get it all done regardless. Though the hardest thing for me would have to be getting attached to residents, hearing their life stories. their struggles now and learning who they are and were as a person and having to see them sadly go. There is nothing more heartbreaking than the loss of a sweet soul though i always keep them dear and close and feel honored and happy to have gotten to spend the time with them I did and enjoying their company. Lutheran has its difficult points and traits, though over all I will be forever grateful for the opportunity I've had here. It has helped me to grow as a person, to have a better work experience and learn what I have. To give me the want to pursue my dreams and to feel good knowing I'm putting a smile on someones face even if it be just for a second and for the smallest thing. I am very proud to be part of the Lutheran Home community.  less
Pros
meals can be bought with your badge and taken out of your check if you want to eat, flexible work schedule, offer insurance
Cons
parking spots are difficult to come by sometimes, sometimes work loads are to much and breaks are hard to get in
Awful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 25, 2016
Not well enough to their staff and not well enough especially to the residents. I hated to have to watch my amazing residents cry because of the short staffing problem and the awful staff in general
Great Staff
STNA (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHJune 14, 2016
Lutheran Home of Napoleon is a great place to work. The staff is amazing as well as the residents. The hardest part of the job is learning each resident's likes and dislikes. I really enjoy getting to know each resident on a more personal level
boring short hours, little pay
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILJune 5, 2016
I enjoyed the part time work at the Lutheran home when i was in high school, but once i graduated it was hard to move up in positions. There was little to know growth.
A fast-paced caring atmosphere helping to increase quality of life
COTA (Former Employee) –  River Falls, WIJune 3, 2016
A caring atmosphere where individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Typical workload of 5-10 patients on a daily basis that consisted in ADLs and IADLs, UE strengthening, and working to increase cognition skills. Attended daily meetings and D/C meetings for patients.
This was a fast pace position, requiring 90% productivity rate. This was a difficult task on some days when patients had other personal plans or issues.
Patience and flexibility are key components in this setting.
Therapy co-workers were the best! Always willing to listen and give feedback on patient concerns and therapy progression.
The hardest part of this job was having to document while working with my patients. I feel that this takes away from valuable one on one therapy time. Completing documentation after a therapy session would cut into your productivity rate. This makes for a stressful situation when you feel like you have to run to your next appointment.
The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with my patients, seeing their progress and knowing that I helped in this process. Hearing life stories from these individuals was very therapeutic for them as well as for me.
Pros
Great SNF staff and therapy co-workers
Cons
Trying to make 90+% productivity rate
great start
Floor Nurse and Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 25, 2016
I began here as a new nurse, due to certain circumstances i was pushed to learn at a very rapid pace and became supervisor before my first year as a surse was complete.
Great learning experience. Great floor staff and team work at this facility
Pros
Free luch
Cons
old facility
Work day had it's ups and downs
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHFebruary 22, 2016
The best part about working at the Lutheran home is the residents. Spending time with them and being able to be there when needed is very rewarding. The benefits are very good. However, there is a large turnover due to many different reasons. The nurses are not discreet when talking about other staff and residents in a negative way. There were a couple of instances that residents have overheard the staff talking negative about them.
Pros
Benefits, socializing with the residents, a christian environment.
Cons
Team-work, negative atmosphere
Caring work environment
Payroll/AP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 10, 2016
Great place to come to work everyday...always see smiling faces of both residents and employees.
Easily assessable from major highways.
Friendly work atmoshphere.

Want to know more about Lutheran Home?

Ask a question
Caring managment
Chief Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 4, 2015
The best part of the job was knowing day to day what exactly what you were suppose to do. The Chef made sure that whatever it was that you were to do was in writing when you came into work. I was able to change the way lunch was prepared for the women's group. My ideas were welcomed and used often. Most of the co-workers were easy to work with. Management was tolerable, but concerned about you as an employee and your ideas to help make a smooth work day.
Pros
Ample break time, supportive Chef.
Cons
Good place to start as a CNA
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, New YorkSeptember 10, 2015
Assisting with residents daily hygiene and personal care. I got my first year of experience here, very fast paced. Management was not very accommodating to staff making sure their was adequate staff/resident ratio. Co-workers were not very helpful because their workload was too much to assist when needed. The hardest part of the job was making sure each resident got enough one on one care time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was trying to help the residents meet the best quality of life possible.
Pros
Free Training
Cons
Poor staff/resident ratio
the work gets done
Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYAugust 17, 2015
There is always work to be done. The residents is a pleasure to work for. The hardest part of the job is working when it's hot. Seeing the residents happy is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
healthcare, insurance
loved the residents
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 27, 2015
Got to spend a lot of time with these residents.I had my own case load.Learn how to apply splints,Do Range of Motion without hurting the resident.Love my time with each one for 30 mins.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
drama
One of the best work places I have experienced.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2015
While working at the Lutheran home I have been provided with cbrf training I didn't have before working here. I feel this was a much needed , wonderful training. I enjoy all of my co-workers and residents whom I work with.
Lutheran Home
CERTIFIED NURSE'S AIDE (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 16, 2015
My day at work varies from day to day. It's a nursing home so you will never know what kind of day it will be. I learned how to get my job done in a timely fashion. I get along very well with all of my co-workers. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is having to deal with the resident's family members and how they critique your job. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to take care of people and being able to put a smile on their face at the end of the day.
great workplace,enjoyable people,willing to let people grow and learn different aspects of kitchen duties
diet aide/cook (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 22, 2015
I loved working at Lutheran home,had a good experience with employees,residents and management.good pay,benefits.emplyees knew their jobs and we also had good training and certification in sanitation and food service on site.well managed kitchen,overall
Pros
employees were there a long time, and thier experience in food service was very good.everyone did thier jobs very well.clean kitchen
Cons
had many differnt food serice supervisors
Great Place to work
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYMarch 28, 2015
Staff are very friendly, my boss was comical, everyday was like an adventure when I came to work. the people are amazing spirits to work with.
OK place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 4, 2015
Assisting patients with ADL'S. The management was never to found. I believe in a Long term care setting everyone should be involved with the residents not just nursing staff. Great coworker they are the best at what they do.The hardest part of my job was seeing my residents pass. Loving them as if they were my own family was the best part.
You will always stay productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 2, 2015
There is always things that you will do!! You can pick up a lot of ovetime if you like! Most of the workers are friendly and helpful. The pay rate is low and I worked there for years without a raise.
Pros
overtime
Cons
low pay, no raise, under staffed