Lutheran Home

Lutheran Home Employer Reviews

Great Environment to work in
Caregiver/Helper (Current Employee), Hickory, NCMarch 11, 2014
My typical day at work is mostly helping Mrs. Millie with her dinner. Sitting with her while she rest in her bed and helping her dress. Also I usually get her something extra to drink or eat during the night.
The best part of this job is that it reminds me of taking care of my grandmother. It makes me feel like I am at home.
I learned alot while I worked at Lutheran Home. The travelling distance was too far and the road conditions were poor.
Nurse Aide I (Former Employee), Albemarle, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: people were very helpful.
Cons: distance to work was too far for driving and roads were not safe to drive on.
Co-workers were easy to get along with and were helpful most of the time.
Very stressful Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Frankenmuth, MIJanuary 28, 2014
This place was a great experience working with the elderly. The problem was not enough help to cover shifts.
First Job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Belle Plaine, MNJanuary 14, 2014
I was hired before I graduated from nursing school to work primarily in the transitional care unit. My typical shift was 2-11 and I primarily passed medications during supper and evening hours with assessments being done in the early afternoon.
I liked the job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Albemarle, NCOctober 25, 2013
It is a good place to work. They tried to give you hours any way they can, the people are really nice and very helpful if there is a problem they try to help fix the problem.
Very Nice People
Nursing Assistant Student (Former Employee), Mountain View, NCOctober 10, 2013
Pros: nice work enviroment
Cons: heavy work load
Trinity as it is called now is a skilled nursing facility with a need for alot of care to be given to its residents. A heavy work load is placed on the CNA's with the compensation below other nursing facilities in the area.
Good experience to be with elderly people
Laundry Aide (Former Employee), Frankenmuth, MIAugust 12, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: long periods of standing
Washed and folded clothing, bedding, sorted and rinsed soiled items. Stood for long periods of time.
controlled,fun at times excited to learn area
CNA Student (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 4, 2013
Pros: brought me great knowledge
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at the Lutheran was a good experience I learned all the things you would learn during cna clinical. for example I learned how to take pulse and respiration ,how to feed and right down how much they consumed in a meal. I also learned how to dress and undress as well as how to do peri care and use ambulatory. The people who I was in class – more... with were very nice and helpful. Taught each other many skills on various occasions and we used each other as test dummies to understand what our patients would feel like.

The hardest part of the training was someone died of old age that I took care of and I couldn't help but feel bad because the day before she seemed perfectly normal. I wished I could of put a smile on her face before she died but I'm happy she is in a better place now and no longer have to suffer. The most enjoyable part of my training was actually interacting with the elderly . To actually hear how they respond and see the faces they make when they like or don't like something brought joy to me because I love helping people and I love to learn . they played a huge roll in my life no matter what I become in the health care field . – less
Fun place to work
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJuly 30, 2013
a very good place to work for. It was the best nursing home I ever worked at. Management was very caring and not after you to write you up or loose your license. They truly cared about their nurses and did anything they could to help you. It was indeed a great place to work.
Working with the elderly was the most fufilling job that I have ever had the pleasure of doing.
Senior Day Care Assistant (Former Employee), Clinton, NYJune 26, 2013
Pros: the participants
Cons: the pay
From the moment that I picked up the senior day care participants until I dropped them off, my day was incredible. Working with people who have lived such full and exciting lives who were willing to share their knowledge with me was amazing. I was unable to stay at this job due to the pay,
It's nice.
CNA (Former Employee), Clinton, NYJune 18, 2013
Pros: makes you feel good.
It is one of the nicer nursing homes I have seen. The people that work there are always pretty nice. The worst part of the job is the family members that only show up once a month and yell at the staff. The best part is being able to make someone smile and being able to be a friend to someone who doesn't really have anyone.
Rewarding and great plce to work
CNA/LPN (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJune 4, 2013
A typical day at work is doing assessments on residents and makeing sure they get their meds. Co-workers are very helpful when needed.I enjoy taking care of patients.
What I learned
Companions (Former Employee), Clinton, NYMay 22, 2013
Pros: companionship
Cons: leaving the client at the end of the shift, loosing a client through death or to a nursing home.
Companionship with the elderly is rewarding. Knowing that you brought some sunshine into the lives of the elderly and help them with their daily living activities.
Did clincal here
Certified Nursing Assistant Clinical Student (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 20, 2013
Pros: we brung our own lunch
Cons: yes
I did clincal here my training for cna as a student .. I work with resident to learn more as a student in cna training..
To have a productive day at work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIApril 9, 2013
Helping residents with daily ADL"S bathing,dressing and range of motion
ability to utilize skills are effective daily and team members work well together to achieve maximum care
LPN (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 15, 2013
Pros: learn to achieve maximum potential to utilize skills, and work with doctors very effective learning aide
Cons: nurse to patient ratio high and usually short handed
good work place to utilize skills and co workers make it fun to be there and work hard together to achieve maximum patient care
Productive and honest work every people like work.
I give services to 50 senior citizens (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILDecember 5, 2012
Pros: when we buy lunch cafe they give discount
The Nursing home is big but management is very nice they understand with employer.
The co-worker is very nice we are work together.
Pleasent.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILNovember 15, 2012
I only volunteer here so I am not familiar with job expectations, salaries etc. However, I do find that the people who work there are generally happy and are very pleasent to be around.
Enjoyable place to work
CNA (Former Employee), Clinton,NYOctober 12, 2012
Got along with everyone here worked various shifts, with each shift we all made sure everything got done.
Up and coming
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 1, 2012
Pros: free lunch, awesome staff
Cons: short of supplies
While I was employed with MLH they were just beginning a staff turnover so it was a little difficult to adapt.