Lutheran Home Employee Reviews

One of the best work places I have experienced.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2015
While working at the Lutheran home I have been provided with cbrf training I didn't have before working here. I feel this was a much needed , wonderful training. I enjoy all of my co-workers and residents whom I work with.
Lutheran Home
CERTIFIED NURSE'S AIDE (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 16, 2015
My day at work varies from day to day. It's a nursing home so you will never know what kind of day it will be. I learned how to get my job done in a timely fashion. I get along very well with all of my co-workers. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is having to deal with the resident's family members and how they critique your job. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to take care of people and being able to put a smile on their face at the end of the day.
great workplace,enjoyable people,willing to let people grow and learn different aspects of kitchen duties
diet aide/cook (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 22, 2015
Pros: employees were there a long time, and thier experience in food service was very good.everyone did thier jobs very well.clean kitchen
Cons: had many differnt food serice supervisors
I loved working at Lutheran home,had a good experience with employees,residents and management.good pay,benefits.emplyees knew their jobs and we also had good training and certification in sanitation and food service on site.well managed kitchen,overall
Great Place to work
Laundry Aide (Former Employee), Clinton, NYMarch 28, 2015
Staff are very friendly, my boss was comical, everyday was like an adventure when I came to work. the people are amazing spirits to work with.
OK place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 4, 2015
Assisting patients with ADL'S. The management was never to found. I believe in a Long term care setting everyone should be involved with the residents not just nursing staff. Great coworker they are the best at what they do.The hardest part of my job was seeing my residents pass. Loving them as if they were my own family was the best part.
You will always stay productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: low pay, no raise, under staffed
There is always things that you will do!! You can pick up a lot of ovetime if you like! Most of the workers are friendly and helpful. The pay rate is low and I worked there for years without a raise.
Lutheran Home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Here at this job i was CNA1 i help care for the senoir citizens who might can't do anything or just can't do small things.
It was ok to work, but the pay needed work.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Helping residents with their daily activities, and learning that some places just don't want to pay for the service that you provide. Management was ok, employees were ok, and the hardest part of my job was being able to give my residents the due time, that I wanted to give, and the most enjoyable part was taking good care of my residents; treating them as if they where my own parents, and I loved that.
loved it there
Rehab Aide (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great team players
Cons: alot of cussing there
loved working there.just went to Baptist cause I wanted to learn more and better my self.
Great to be a Volunteer
Missouri Veteran Home (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: the men and women that served our country
I was only a volunteer for the VA home. Started out as just a class for College and I stayed with the wonderful men and women for 2 years.
Great nursing staff.
LPN (Former Employee), Staff Nurse.November 18, 2014
Pros: bonus pay for pick up shifts.
Cons: staffing issues.
Fast pace work environment, some of the best co-workers I have worked with in 23 years. Can be difficult when your residents you care for expire. I love nursing, building relationships with residents, family, co-workers. Very difficult when employees go through 2 different teams of upper management with in 6 month period.
Weekend warrior
LPN (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: slow days
A typical day was to watch over 20 personal care residents. I learned to try hard to be good at my job. My manager was a fair reasonable man. My co-workers were in another part of the building. The hardest part of my job was when I wasn't busy. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my residents.
Great co-workers in the business office.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 19, 2014
Pros: full time employment and learning a new skill.
Cons: no advancement and no pay increase for several years.
The work itself isn't bad but as the AP clerk your only busy really 2 weeks out of each month with data entry, and the other 2 weeks is just busy work which makes the days drag by. Learning data entry was great for my skills, and the co-workers were great and helpful.
Productive work place.
LPN (Current Employee), Westlake, OHApril 14, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers and the residents that I care for.
Great Environment to work in
Caregiver/Helper (Current Employee), Hickory, NCMarch 11, 2014
My typical day at work is mostly helping Mrs. Millie with her dinner. Sitting with her while she rest in her bed and helping her dress. Also I usually get her something extra to drink or eat during the night.
The best part of this job is that it reminds me of taking care of my grandmother. It makes me feel like I am at home.
I learned alot while I worked at Lutheran Home. The travelling distance was too far and the road conditions were poor.
Nurse Aide I (Former Employee), Albemarle, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: people were very helpful.
Cons: distance to work was too far for driving and roads were not safe to drive on.
Co-workers were easy to get along with and were helpful most of the time.
Very stressful Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Frankenmuth, MIJanuary 28, 2014
This place was a great experience working with the elderly. The problem was not enough help to cover shifts.
First Job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Belle Plaine, MNJanuary 14, 2014
I was hired before I graduated from nursing school to work primarily in the transitional care unit. My typical shift was 2-11 and I primarily passed medications during supper and evening hours with assessments being done in the early afternoon.
I liked the job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Albemarle, NCOctober 25, 2013
It is a good place to work. They tried to give you hours any way they can, the people are really nice and very helpful if there is a problem they try to help fix the problem.
Very Nice People
Nursing Assistant Student (Former Employee), Mountain View, NCOctober 10, 2013
Pros: nice work enviroment
Cons: heavy work load
Trinity as it is called now is a skilled nursing facility with a need for alot of care to be given to its residents. A heavy work load is placed on the CNA's with the compensation below other nursing facilities in the area.