Lutheran Hospital of Indiana Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 21, 2017
Poor pay. Too many managers/ management. Not enough employees to meet demands put in place my all the management. Work Culture and incentives are very poor for such a large company.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Hospital Environment
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 2, 2017
Worked in the Medical Staff office of the hospital and enrolling providers for medical staff privileges. Assisted educational coordinator in noon medical conferences.
Management sucks
Environmental Services Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 29, 2017
People are fired without replacing them first and management does not know how to talk to employees. I have worked there for 6 years and it seems to be getting worse each year.
Pros
Discounts and great insurance
Cons
Bad management, belittle
Top prover of healthcare in the community.
Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 26, 2017
Lutheran Hospital is a top provider of healthcare in the community with good leadership. I enjoy assignments of my job and the work environment that is provided.
Heart Transplant Coord
Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 2, 2017
Long hours, no support, management not familiar with Transplant policies.
Transplant Clinic; rounds with physicians, surgery with surgeons.
Transplant program was under investigation at the time of employment.
Pros
Patients that did receive hearts
Cons
Not enough support
Good benefits, unfair work load
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 25, 2017
They don't pay enough for the work required. The people are nice. The company can't keep people there so the work load falls on other that do work there.
Compensation
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 21, 2017
Well below national average for lab techs. Administration doesn't consider lab technicians a critical part of patient care staff. Laboratory is old and outdated. Management encourages techs to work their problems out on their own and refuse to intervene on anyone's behalf. HR is hard to reach.
Pros
There's overtime if you want it
Awesome
Surgeon (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 2, 2017
I loved my job at Lutheran. I made a wonderful relationship with all of the patients. The hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable part was meeting everybody and doing the surgery.
Cons
Like what i do, not the work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 18, 2017
The wide variety of positions that one can do, varies from day to day. Some positions cannot be trained in until you have worked there a year. There is a lot to learn about pharmacy and some pharmacists are willing to help you grow professionally. Fast paced working environment that tasks your multi-tasking skills.
Pros
Company benefits, learn various skills on the job, "some" professional people to work with
Cons
Drama, bullying, management does not take care of issues (problems escalate to the point of losing great employees), no leadership, no direction, no teamwork (work dumped on the next shift, without shift to shift communication), simple directions cannot be followed (some make up their own rules) and management turns their head
Bad management Great coworkers
Patient Financial Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 6, 2017
The work itself isnt bad! The workers are great well most of them! Management however, does not know their stuff, and will throw anyone away to make sure they stay at any expense. When it comes to anything, if you do anything wrong you get yelled at but if you want help you get yelled at. This is one of the only places I have ever worked where management can and will talk down to you, send you rude emails, and treat you bad with no repercussions. They have fired numerous people while I was there for issues that weren't the fault of the employee but poor management training.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management and under trained
Life at the hospital
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 1, 2017
Very busy , fast paste never a dull moment . The hospital is so big with sick patients everywhere . Which means nothing stays clean for long . Not only cleaning patient rooms , there's also doctors offices and break rooms and the hospital lobby .
Cons
Not enough pay
make your own choice about where you work
Patient (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 28, 2017
do your research and stop forcing people to do things they don't want to do like write their opinions on where they work and what their experience was. whether i was happy or not doesn't mean someone else will have the same outcome
Lutheran hospital
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 20, 2017
Enjoyed the job but I am unhappy with management. Would love to continue to work as a phlebotomist but would like experence and show my skills elsewhere.
Case management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 19, 2017
Terrible work culture in case management department, poor leadership from direct supervisor or director, higher administration not receptive to employee concerns, nurse case managers and social workers very understaffed and expected to work more than staffing will allow, I would not recommend this job to anyone while Lutheran is under current management.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lack of leadership
Busy work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 30, 2016
Short staffed, consistently busy, No time to make decisions. Learned how to manage multiple areas on a large scale. Staff are mostly hard working. Love the people and general job but do not get the support needed.
Pros
Food creativity
Cons
Lack of support
Wonderful Place To Work
Ultrasound Technologist RDMS (OB/GYNE) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 13, 2016
Worked here for 4 1/2 years in the ultrasound department. Wonderful staff and machines. Great group of radiologists!! Very busy workflow. Overall a great experience and was bittersweet to leave.
Pros
Great machines, staff, radiologists, hospital, location
Cons
Low salary
Friendly co-workers
Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 14, 2016
This job is for a person that likes to work in a fast-paced company calling insurance companies checking claim status for payment and if info is neede
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 9, 2016
Best place I have ever worked. They foster an atmosphere to learn in. CEO has an open door policy and backs his staff. Pay is lower than other area hospitals but money isn't everything! I love Lutheran ER.
Enjoyable place to work, with friendly staff and patients.
Registar (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 7, 2015
Fun and enjoyable place to work with friendly staff and patients.
I've learned thus far patient safety and patient satisfaction. I enjoy working with my co-workers with whom we have develop a family relationship with each other. The hardest part of my job is declining patient services due to no authorization of there insurance company.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the patients smiling after there services here with our company.
Pros
Discounts on services
Cons
contagious enviroment
Ultrasound Technologist
Ultrasonographer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 21, 2015
It's an older depart that is set in its ways and unwilling to change. Older techs rule the roost and department manager visible dislikes the department. They have gone through 9 techs in 3 years. Beware of this department.
Pros
Great Radiologists and PA-Cs that work in Radiology.
Cons
Ultrasound manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Hospital of Indiana. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8