Lutheran Hospital Employee Reviews

Atmosphere changed after Cleveland Clinic bought the hospital
Full time, dayshift (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44109October 13, 2016
Was a great place to work. Cleveland Clinic bought it and overall work environment changed over time. Nursing homes pay better with same benefits package.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Under Cleveland Clinic management style
Great co workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 27, 2016
I loved the people I worked with, management was different story. My department had so much potential, hardworking individuals and very smart. i do miss some of the perks, free break drinks and the treehouse cafe lunch
Pros
Free break drinks, Tim Hortons on campus
Cons
Poor management
Great environment
Volunteer Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 21, 2016
The people here were very nice it was a volunteer job, and I got to explore the hospital and escort people out of the hospital. gave us food for lunch and I was happy about that. It was a fun experience.
Intriguing job
Recovery wing volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work was to check on patients and see if they needed anything, food, water etc. I would also send blood samples to the labs and pick them up for any nurses that need them. I would also organize the charts and clean anything that was needed to be cleaned up. I learned a lot about nurses and patients and how their relationship is very genuine and although I didn't work in a fast paced part of the hospital it was still exhilarating working there with patients and talking to them when they felt lonely. I had great co-workers who helped me and talked to me about what I want to do in the future. The hardest part of the job was seeing sick patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to talk to patients about their grandchildren, husbands, work, just life in general because they had so much insight to share.
Fun
Laboratory Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 1, 2016
Lutheran is a great place to work. Wonderful people and opportunity to advance with continuing education. I would recommend this employer to all. Give it a shot.
long and unorganzied
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 22, 2016
-stressful and noting never on time
-I learned to never work @ Cleveland clinc if the management is armark.
-The mangagement is terriable and cant make a simple schdule
Excellent Place Too Work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2016
Had Been Working Here At Lutheran Hospital For 16 Yrs Worked All Over As An Nursing Assistant. It Is wonderful Place too work
Pros
Diet Pop
Cons
Discount food in the cafeteria
productive place to work
Chart Indexer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 1, 2016
Never work in an office setting before, I've learn a lot. My co-workers are great, Management alright. The hardest part of my job is trying to remember all the different forms and what we name them.
Pros
Quiet on third shift
Cons
Healthcare price /hard to get raises
Hospital with focus on outstanding patient care.
CICU RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 17, 2016
Enjoyed working at Lutheran on CCU, learned much more about intricate cardiac rhythms and nursing response. The most enjoyable part of my job were my patients.
Good job
PRN (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 23, 2016
Working here was a good experience for me. Got to learn new things about my job and gain more confidence on my clinical skills.
Good Community hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 25, 2016
Good hospital with quality care. Very tight knit group that can be hard to fit in if you are not from Bluffton. Fair salary and good place to work.
Pros
Quality care
Cons
Cliques
Great cardiology dept
RN-BSN (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 9, 2016
I worked in cic the manager is awesome and my coworkers the best but Lutheran as a whole isn't the best place to work. We made less money than our competition so we kept losing nurses. Great docs to work with.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
short staffed, inadequate pay
Very productive and controlled environment
Orders Management (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 11, 2015
I currently process physician orders for out patient procedures. I work independently. It is important to pay attention to detail. If I have any discrepancy with an order I contact the physican office or the department in which the test is to be performed. I have to be HIPPA compliant. Some days are difficult trying to meet productivity when there are system problems. I enjoy working with my coworkers. We trouble shoot with each other if we have issues we do not understand. Management is available for any problems I may have. I enjoy my job because I am working for the patient.
Pros
working independently, having awesome coworkers, health care benefits
Cons
working from 4 different programs to do the job.
co workers are enjoyable
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 9, 2015
there are incentives, co workers are enjoyable.
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowd as the company grew.
Pros
flex time, listen to music at desk
Cons
point system, micro management
CT Tech
Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CONovember 5, 2015
I work 8-4 daily. I have learned to be a posisitve role model for my team members. Management is a difficult job. I love my co workers . I do not like to work under unhapppy unfriendly conditions. I enjoy my patietns and providing them with kindness and care as if they were my own family.
Pros
work family
Cons
unhappy people
working with the different departments in the hospital
Transporter/Driver (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CONovember 19, 2015
Fun work place, love working with the patients. Learn something new every day. Love working with the employees at the hospital
Great staff
Emergency Room Tech (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 5, 2015
While working the ED as a PCA and going to nursing school the staff not only helped me study but on days when school changed my work schedule some one was there to help
Pros
great staff
Cons
1.5 hours driving both ways
Nice place to work.
Customer Service/Patient Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 30, 2015
I learned a lot about insurance and can help patients understand theirs. My co workers were very pleasant and professional.
Lutheran Hospital is the most favorable hospital in Allen County and it is because of all the fine employees we have!
Houskeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 11, 2015
I have worked at Lutheran Hospital for almost 12 years in 3 different capacities and I enjoyed all 3 for very different reasons. Our supervisors have a meeting every morning with all of us and always tells us thank you for doing a great job at the end of it. Sounds like a small thing but has a huge impact on the start of a busy day. Our benifits are within reason and are very good. We pay half price for our food in the cafeteria and believe it or not a shuttle bus picks us up in the far parking lots and takes us to the front door 24 hours a day! We have over 400 beds in our hospital and we are full 98% of the time. So we are all busy all day and makes a person feel good knowing you had a impact on their hospital stay.
hosptial
Operating Room Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2015
my type day at work one day is very busy and sometimes very slow my co worker are nice and helpfully .. and the hardest part when it very busy and i was working all by myself ... but i know management all of type work all by myself ... and the most enjoyable when u get along co-worker and manager..