Lutheran Hospital Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Health Information Management Tech/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2017
The typical day at work is fast paced and stressful, but fun. I learned how to communicate with clients and customers associated with the Cleveland Clinic. management is strict but fair. the culture is very goal oriented. the hardest part is the work load. the most enjoyable thing is the culture.
One person in management controls more than he can do
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 21, 2017
Only one person in management tries to control every aspect of operation from hire to operations unable to get supplies needed to do work lake of communication with this person
Overworked, underpaid
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 19, 2017
Nurse to patient ratios are terrible, terrible managment, poor ownership especially that doens't reinvest necessary dollars in to the company to keep competitive in the local and national markets. Would never recommend anyone work here.
Wonderful place to work, great people
RN (Former Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INAugust 11, 2017
The staff are wonderful. Most of the staff are very dedicated to patient care and being patient advocates. The community loves Lutheran Hospital. Recent pay upgrade.
Pros
Pto, 401K, insurance
Cons
Call time, seniority does not play a major role
The most enjoyable part of the job
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my career is providing high-quality care to patients and know they appreciate it. Also working with people who enjoy what they do as much as I do.
Cutting Edge Research
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2017
I loved interning here, as I was constantly challenged by my work in the Spine Research Lab department of the hospital. It is also in a great location within walking distance of some of the best lunch spots in CLE.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR/SWITCHBOARD (Former Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INJuly 13, 2017
This was a great part-time job, when I needed the extra money. I worked third shift, so it was slow most of the time, but was able to do more to help management.
NO comment
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2017
Worked as an intern. No complaints Learned a lot but weekdays could be hectic.Overall not a bad work experience. Worked in the adult behavioral health
Food Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 17, 2017
Working as a food service aide meant a lot of time on my feet. We ot 15 minute breaks and free food of a certain dollar amount in the cafeteria. I never felt satisfied with my break because it felt rushed. By the time you brought a cart down and got it all put away and went to the cafeteria, you had about 5-10 minutes left. Management didn't always tell you everything you needed to know, for example if they wanted you to work a shift what time that shift was.
Patient Financial Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 27, 2017
It was a job building a bond with the patients while getting them registered.

I was nice to use a piece of my degree while working at the hospital regarding entering ICD-9 Codes & running insurance.
Pros
advancement
Cons
management, staffing
nice place to work if you have a passion for helping sick patients
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Lutheran. I really love to help others and every patient interaction was one to remember. Lutheran has great values and management was ok. Lutheran's budget is pretty low and we are underpaid but I truly enjoyed my job.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
underpaid
Enjoyable workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 5, 2017
• Verified and recorded identity of patient or donor and conversed with patient or donor to alleviate fears of procedure
• Conducted interviews, took vital signs, drew blood to screen donors at a blood bank or hospital
• Applied tourniquet to arm, located accessible vein, and swabbed puncture are with antiseptic and inserted needle into a vein to draw blood into a collection bag or tube
Awesome staff, but need improved interdepartmental communication
Intern Speech Therapy (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 4, 2017
I was an intern here for 12 weeks. My supervisor was fun and extremely supportive, as were the rehab manager and all of the other employees I met. The work-life balance was also incredible. The only thing that seemed to cause stress, particularly for the SLPs here, was the lack of inter-departmental communication.
fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 3, 2017
loved working for lutheran great place. Good company very professional . learned alot enjoyed my time in lutheran. management is also great. good people
Productive, fun great learning experience
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2017
I really enjoyed working at lutheran hospital. I learned a lot from the nurses and other staff. I hoped to become a RN one day and continue my employment there but due to medical reasons I was unable to fulfil that deeam. I wil continue to help others any way i can
Pros
Excellent work place
Cons
Work load was sometimes overwelming
A Great Place to Work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 27, 2017
This is a great place to work, with great benefit packages. There is flexibility and room to grow with the company. They offer great training prior to releasing onto the floor.
Professional and Friendly Environemt
Staffing Coordinator/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2017
A typical day was quite busy in between answering phones, filing and constant communication with Unit managers. I had learned how to approve and prepare invoices for Accounts Payable. The hardest part of the job was finding staff to work extra shifts. Always got open shifts filled.The enjoyable part of the job was knowing everything was done correctly and in a timely manner. Management was Professional and Friendly.
Pros
Team work environment
Cons
Part Time
Great leadership opportunity but lacks a patient centered culture
PATIENT ACCESS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 5, 2017
I enjoyed working here and I gained leadership experience. But the organization lacks a culture I could feel passionate about and I did not feel supported in my role.
Pros
Learning experience and development
Cons
Culture and lack of support
Very dirty and needs major remodeling, with the exception of the ER AND ICU. Bed Bugs all the time.
NDA. 111 (Former Employee) –  1735 w. 25th st. CLEVELAND OHIO 44109December 5, 2016
It seems like the CLEVELAND CLINIC FOUNDATION neglects Lutheran Hospital. Employees do not get the same as their other facilities. Management is Not good. Etc. It's just a stepping stone to better adventures in the way of Nursing and Health care employees. NO ONE STAYS. THE TURNOVER IS REDICULAS!
Pros
Good medical insurance
Cons
Canceled alot of the time, which takes away from your overtime.
Fun
Laboratory Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 1, 2016
Lutheran is a great place to work. Wonderful people and opportunity to advance with continuing education. I would recommend this employer to all. Give it a shot.