Lutheran Medical Center Employee Reviews

Supportive and professional culture
West Pines SBH-Senior Experiential Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wheatridge, CONovember 20, 2015
A teamwork environment truly focused on the needs of patients first and staff second. A lot of opportunities to communicate and create teams to problem solve. Feels cohesive.
a so so place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 21, 2015
a good resume i work in stock receiving supplies its a ok place it could be a lot better a lot of stress involve it has a lot of work to do places to fix things to need to be improve
Pros
hospital
Cons
short break over worked
Awsome Place to work
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2015
Friendly awesome place to work. Busy but not stifling plenty of time to regroup during breaks. Team ( technologist as well as administration) is very family oriented.
Pros
Great Team
Beautiful Hospital
Non clinical (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COOctober 7, 2015
Beautiful hospital. Really great house supervisors.

Some of the directors are not meant to be in leadership roles. And it would have been nice for leadership to show a little more respect and acknowledgement to all employees.

Respect, showing appreciation for your employees goes a long way.
Pros
loved my position. Amazing house supervisors, really good cafeteria meals.
Cons
leadership/management
Knowledgeable hospital with a great atmosphere
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2015
Great management, very clean hospital. The nurses were professional and helpful. It was educational. All patients were very welcoming as well. All employees were patient and very understanding as well as willing to help. My day would start with a pre-conference, which is a brief overview of the patients, their diagnoses, medications, and treatment. Then I go to the nurse in charge of my patient and receive report, after that I would greet the patient and introduce myself. Afterwards, I would perform the daily needs of the patients. When it's time for me to leave I would inform the patient that I would have to leave, and give report to the next nurse. Finally, I would end the day with a post-conference which is a brief summary about my findings of the patient.
Pros
Good experience, educational, good atmosphere.
Cons
N/A
great place to learn new skills
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 13, 2015
great place to learn new skills. doctors nurse are all very helpful. overall i have no complain about this hospital my whole time there was a delight
Amazing Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYSeptember 6, 2015
Wonderful clinic in the heart of the Sunset Park Neighborhood. Learned about the prevalence of health epidemics in the community and health care providers roll in teaching about disease process and prevention. Staff was dedicated to their work and completely friendly and helpful.They work together in a team approach to offer the community the greatest care possible.
Pros
helping the community
O.K. Organization
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 24, 2015
I worked for the organization for over 13 years in various positions. I was advanced within my department after receiving my B.A. and then MPA, but with very low salaries for the positions and responsibilities. I found it very difficult to advance and reach my full potential.
Pros
Excellent Boss for this position
Cons
No advancement even with a Masters Degree and excellent record. Its all about who you know.
Great team to be a part of
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 4, 2015
lutheran is a trauma 1 center high volume work envierment
I learned to have alot more compasion and patients with people.
Hardest part of my job dealing witth family of the patients we lost
most enjoyable part reasuring our patients that we will help them
Pros
great health benifits
Cons
one brake a day
wonderful work environment
Pediatric Dentist and Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 3, 2015
At Lutheran you feel like you are apart of a family. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you feel like you are providing a wonderful service to the community and they appreciate it.

Want to know more about Lutheran Medical Center?

Ask a question
Great place to work.
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 25, 2015
Fun, professional, patient centered atmosphere. Great collaborative and interdisciplinary leadership. This is a place that you can smile as you provide excellent patient care. The "hi" the "hello", the "how are you doing today?' make the typical day, as busy as it may be, appears light.
Great Place to Work.
IT Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 7, 2015
I have a great experience working at Lutheran Medical Center, it does offers great benefit and compensation to employees.
Pros
Great palce to work.
hosptail
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2015
my type day at work one day is very busy and sometimes very slow my co worker are nice and helpfully .. and the hardest part when it very busy and i was working all by myself ... but i know management all of type work all by myself ... and the most enjoyable when u get along co-worker and manager..
I enjoyed working here, if you don't mind speaking with people and negotiating prices then this is perfect.
Quality Assurance Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2015
High volume of phone calls, and short shifts. A lot of administrative duties. You work alone most of the time but your on the phone most of the time.
Hopefully their policies have changed,,,,
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2015
I started at Lutheran as a new nurse, training for a progressive care unit. Training consisted of approximately 4 weeks of classroom instruction, followed by on-the-floor preceptorship. My patient load was 8 (critical care) patients. Typically 5-7 of these patients were on telemetry. I received a total of 6 weeks of preceptorship. On my first night off preceptorship, I hung the wrong IV fluids on a patient and was let go. Received many communications from former co-workers expressing their disappointment over how it was handled. The staff was quite supportive, it was the administration that was prone to in-fighting and turf wars.
But this happened five years ago, I assume many things have changed since then, especially as they are now affiliated with NYU.
Pros
cafeteria had some healthy selections
Cons
short breaks, politics between managers
Emergency Medice is for me.
Emergency Department Cerified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 6, 2015
I have many years of clinical nursing experience, and professionalism. I was staffed in the ER at Lutheran Medical Center truly enjoyed the fast pace of providing patient care.I found out that I want to pursue a nursing career in emergency medicine. My learning experiences at LMC were EKG , phlebotomy. Management I really cannot say are to supportive of their staff, and I need that when I am a dedicated and hard worker.
Efficient co workers, Constantly changing environment
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJune 2, 2015
This is a nice place to work. The employees are top notch. Management positions are always changing which can make work challenging. Overall has a good work environment.
Family Oriented Environment
Medical Assistant/OB-Gyn (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 27, 2015
Lutheran Hospital has many opportunity for growth and educational development. I learned so much at this institution.
Professional work environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work was surrounded by caring professional co-workers that made the day go by fast.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining the proper resources for funding outreach programs to assist with undocumented patients
I trulu enjoyed serving my patients under my care
Senior Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 23, 2015
performed Direct Care and other duties. I learned a lot about Behavioral health, Management was incompetent and didnt foster a team environment. My co workers although skillful were burnt out and culturally insensitive.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Culturally insensitive Co workers