Lutheran Medical Center Employee Reviews

great place to work, we were a family
Service Excellence Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJanuary 16, 2017
This place was my favorite place to work by far. The staff got along very well and we were like a family. The management could use some work, but the staff stuck together and really supported each other.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very compassionate and patient oriented hospital
Telemetry Technician, CNA (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CODecember 12, 2016
Amazing co-workers, they will inspire you to be your best self!
I learned so much, and there is a lot of room for growth which is very encouraged by management.
Fun experience as volunteer.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 30, 2016
The volunteer department is filled with friendly and fun people. They let you choose the department of your interest when possible. There was free meal and it was a nice experience working there.
Good but could be better
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2016
Working at Lutheran Medical Center was not too bad an experience,it helps me to gain experience in deferent areas of the hospital,I work on the float team most of the time, so different units was different experience some was enjoyable while some were not, but all in all I did do my best on all occasion, and I am proud and happy I did .
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Yes we do have breaks at breakfast and lunch
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Full Time Temp (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2014
Beginning work at Lutheran was an amazing experience. The management and my co-workers were very helpful to me learning the hospital programs and directing me in the uses of the equipment I would be required to use on a daily basis. I learned to use chart scanners, two in house hospital programs, A4 and Star. A typical work day required scanning charts, maintaining medical records, moving charts into storage and and filing. I had the great pleasure to not only work with wonderful people but was part of a group that would take payments and also handle customer concerns, this would be my favorite part of the job, interacting with customers and helping them with their needs.
Pros
A large and helpful amount of co-workers
Cons
Short breaks and no benefits for a full time temp
Mean nurse educators that expect you to know everything your first day on the floor
New recruit (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2016
What happened to nurses being nice and nurturing especially to their new nurse? This hospital gives new meaning to nurses eating their young and nurse bullying. After two weeks in class you hit the floor. You are given one patient but you are expected to know how to do everything. If not you feel humiliated, berated, and intimidated. The nurse educators are old and grumpy with very little patients for teaching. They tell you to ask questions but then makes you feel like an idiot when you do. They freak out if you make an error. Their teaching method is systematic harassment designed to cause distress in the recipient which the end result is a threat to patient safety, RN safety and the nursing profession as a whole.
Pros
Cons
Poor teaching
Emergency Medice is for me.
Emergency Department Cerified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 6, 2015
I have many years of clinical nursing experience, and professionalism. I was staffed in the ER at Lutheran Medical Center truly enjoyed the fast pace of providing patient care.I found out that I want to pursue a nursing career in emergency medicine. My learning experiences at LMC were EKG , phlebotomy. Management I really cannot say are to supportive of their staff, and I need that when I am a dedicated and hard worker.
Knowledgeable hospital with a great atmosphere
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2015
Great management, very clean hospital. The nurses were professional and helpful. It was educational. All patients were very welcoming as well. All employees were patient and very understanding as well as willing to help. My day would start with a pre-conference, which is a brief overview of the patients, their diagnoses, medications, and treatment. Then I go to the nurse in charge of my patient and receive report, after that I would greet the patient and introduce myself. Afterwards, I would perform the daily needs of the patients. When it's time for me to leave I would inform the patient that I would have to leave, and give report to the next nurse. Finally, I would end the day with a post-conference which is a brief summary about my findings of the patient.
Pros
Good experience, educational, good atmosphere.
Cons
N/A
Flailing hospital
Case Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2016
Stressful and challenging environment that helps you learn about working in high-demand and sensitive workplaces. Administration is not innovative and efficient, however.
great place to work..
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 30, 2016
a typical day at lutheran was an exciting dayfilled of new challenges.i learned about low pressure boilers, change filters in air handlers.my supervisor were strict but fair. my coworkers were team players..
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
healthcare..
It was a good place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2014
A typical day was busy from beginning to end, but it was very rewarding. I really felt like I had made a difference in the lives of other on a daily basis. The hardest part was dealing with difficult coworkers and doctors. But in spite of this, I would not have traded a minute of it. Nothing compared to the joy of taking care of others and fulfilling my dream of being a nurse.
Pros
good benefits, job security, inservices
Cons
some difficult coworkers at times
It was an okay job
SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 11, 2013
I had a good time while i worked there staff was okay and supervisors were fair. Job wasnt so hard but lots of floors to go to pick up garbage. You can adavance supervisors work with your schedules if your going to school you can learn medical fields there if you want to be a doctor or a nurse they will help you in your degree for you to move forward.
Pros
it was close to home, you can transfer to other departments
Cons
not many pay raise.
Great learning environment
Creative Art Therapist (Dance/Movement Therapist) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2015
Great learning environment since you had the freedom to create your own therapeutic programming for the clients and experiment with different modalities.
Pros
Great people to work with, I made amazing friends.
Cons
Lack of support from management, better compensation for the work
Hopefully their policies have changed,,,,
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2015
I started at Lutheran as a new nurse, training for a progressive care unit. Training consisted of approximately 4 weeks of classroom instruction, followed by on-the-floor preceptorship. My patient load was 8 (critical care) patients. Typically 5-7 of these patients were on telemetry. I received a total of 6 weeks of preceptorship. On my first night off preceptorship, I hung the wrong IV fluids on a patient and was let go. Received many communications from former co-workers expressing their disappointment over how it was handled. The staff was quite supportive, it was the administration that was prone to in-fighting and turf wars.
But this happened five years ago, I assume many things have changed since then, especially as they are now affiliated with NYU.
Pros
cafeteria had some healthy selections
Cons
short breaks, politics between managers
I trulu enjoyed serving my patients under my care
Senior Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 23, 2015
performed Direct Care and other duties. I learned a lot about Behavioral health, Management was incompetent and didnt foster a team environment. My co workers although skillful were burnt out and culturally insensitive.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Culturally insensitive Co workers
Challenging and versatile
Ekg technician/Medical secretary (Former Employee) –  Heart CenterDecember 9, 2014
I enjoyed my job and my coworkers. Management was
not engaged in the activity of each area and the responsibility
that the employees had. To project a caring and concerned
attitude to patients and family is part of what i enjoyed the most.
Benefits
Beautiful Hospital
Non clinical (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COOctober 7, 2015
Beautiful hospital. Really great house supervisors.

Some of the directors are not meant to be in leadership roles. And it would have been nice for leadership to show a little more respect and acknowledgement to all employees.

Respect, showing appreciation for your employees goes a long way.
Pros
loved my position. Amazing house supervisors, really good cafeteria meals.
Cons
leadership/management
O.K. Organization
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 24, 2015
I worked for the organization for over 13 years in various positions. I was advanced within my department after receiving my B.A. and then MPA, but with very low salaries for the positions and responsibilities. I found it very difficult to advance and reach my full potential.
Pros
Excellent Boss for this position
Cons
No advancement even with a Masters Degree and excellent record. Its all about who you know.
The best working experience
Birth Registrar Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 5, 2015
I loved my job here. Staff was always friendly and helpful. Management worked with us on a variety of things. Hard work does pay off. The advancement opportunities were endless.
A good place to advance your career.
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 3, 2012
At Lutheran Medical center,a typical day would be,pulling files for the auditors/accounts dept and making copies of files in the morning.I would sort the mail when it comes at about mid-day-1pm,after which I would put in order and stamp the daily invoices for individual accountants to process.It helped me develop my communication skills,when dealing with people,my confidence and self esteem grew stronger.My capabilities of operating in an office also strengthened.When it comes down to management,we got along very well,as for my co-workers,they made me feel at home from the very moment I set my foot in that office,once I learnt the rules and regulations,it was smooth sailing from there on in.The hardest part of my job was when I had a whole lot of files to pull and copy for the auditors/accountants.The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that at the end of my work day,I got all my work for the day done,It was very satisfying!
Pros
free classes in your field for development and growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lutheran Medical Center Reviews by Location