Lutheran Medical Center Employee Reviews

Volunteer Driver
Volunteer Driver (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYDecember 29, 2017
This was a volunteer job and I am called upon to pic up and drop off patients to the hospital. I really enjoy helping out at the hospital whenever I am available.
Collegial and Professional
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 28, 2017
Collegial and Professional; very competent managers. very concerned about safety. good learning environment. open to new ideas. advancement possibilities,
Pros
make a difference, good cafeteria, open to new ideas
learning experience in a good way
File Clerk, Materials Distribution Department (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 29, 2017
I learned a great deal from this job, from dealing with customers to supervising. It was a great time and a union job which was fantastic. Supervisor and Dept head were great to work for.
Fun place and very positive environment
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2017
I enjoy working with people as I was able to use my people skills. The environment was challenging and exciting. The hardest part of this job was to leave this assignment.
Pros
Very happy in this environment
Cons
I had to leave the position.
Professional, competent people
Behavioral Health Counselor and Intake Clinician (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CO 80033November 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Lutheran MC for the professionalism and the well out-lined expectations. Lutheran truly has a team approach and attitude towards patient care.
Wonderful place to work
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 12, 2017
Caring culture and balance between patients and employees. Employees are treated as the customer and placed in the center of attention. Keeping in mind the employees are patients as well and ensuring they feel cared for in both work and personal life.
n/a
Porter/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 7, 2017
i would take daily trash sweep, mop, buff and make sure all patients room were clean. Helped doctors or nurses translate when necessary and took garbage out to compactor
workplace culture
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COOctober 30, 2017
The hospital is wonderful and treats the staff wonderful. Great cross training and enjoyed the management team. Patients were always treated with care.
Great place
Central Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COOctober 10, 2017
Learned a lot of great skills. Such as how to work well and improvise under pressure. Great environment filled with good people that work well together.
Pros
balance work life
Cons
low wages and short staff
excellent management NYU Brooklyn
Assistant Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  oversight of daily operationsOctober 4, 2017
Management requires a clear vision and dedicated managers to achieve there goals. This is the situation at NYU Broklyn. The managers are top of the line and work in harmony with labor to achieve the best possible outcomes for all.
Pros
excellent managenebt
Great place to grow
Registered Nurse- Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COOctober 4, 2017
Lutheran provided me options, education, and a way of expanding my nursing career. Staff are wonderful. I was able to be a part of all meetings, and know my voice was always heard.
Pros
Just about everything you want from a nursing job
Cons
Sometimes Pt:Nurse was sort
lack of faith
Lead MRI Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COOctober 3, 2017
poor quality equipment, poor code of ethics, development of new management is a complete joke. All doctors are contracted out so no matter how stupid the ordered studies are, the administration wont do anything cause SCL needs money. just worst hospital I have ever worked in my 30 year career. Management/Admin needs to grow some balls and take back the hospital from the contracted doctors that think they are invincible.
Best job I ever had.
Ultrasound Technician - Internship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Stress free working place with friendly co workers.Benefits are great and compensation as well. would recommend to any person if interested. A lot of ways to grow as a sonographer.
great supervisor
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 13, 2017
great team great office environment nice people miss helping the patients and doctors. miss the action in the Emergency Room, just a great place to work for
Pros
great experience
Need some improvement
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 12, 2017
I don't know anything about now after merged with NYU, but back then I ll definitely say it does needs some improvements and also the employee salary and benefits.
Productive work environement
Electrician Level B (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 10, 2017
A typical day at work is distributing work orders & performing PM throughout the outside hospital facilities. Working as a team is efficient and productive.
average environment, poor management, good benefits
Radiologic Technologist II PRN (Former Employee) –  wheatridge, coAugust 23, 2017
Culture of the company well written but not followed by all management. Advancement opportunities driven by things other than skill set. If you are in for the benefits and can accept other aspects it is a good place to work on the short term.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
skewed advancement opportunities
wonder place to work
Mammography Technologist - PRN (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CO 80033August 16, 2017
Lutheran is an wonderful place to work. However, I only work in the breast care center and desire to expand my skills in CT and MRI. I only work PRN in the breast care center.
Slow paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 3, 2017
Job was very relaxed and quite. The commute to the hospital was very long. I learned a lot about pathologists and what it is they do, in regards to testing tissues and abnormal mass.
Pros
quite workplace
Cons
long commute
I really need to do other things
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 12, 2017
If you are looking for a great job in healthcare in Brooklyn, NY than you will not do any better going anywhere else than Lutheran Medical Center. It's a very homey feeling safety net hospital