Lutheran Medical Group Employee Reviews

Great staff poor ownership
Family Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 2, 2016
The staff are wonderful and take good care of their clients. The ownership is only concerned with paying as little as possible for hard work. Don't recommend them at all.
Typical office work where most people in it are not happy.
Medical Assistant, CMA, (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 10, 2016
Management was the worst I have ever seen. She sits in her office in a different building than ours. It is within walking distance but she never came over to access me or even to ask how I was doing in my training. I was doing terrible in training because my trainer was an overbearing liar. I strongly feel that I was let go because the manager has no idea what the truth is nor does she even care. Terrible place to work.
Great people, awesome training, and friendly environment.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 27, 2016
I loved everything about this job! The people are great. Hours are great and the employer genuinely cares about their employees.
Cons
Every employee takes away what they put in...
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 13, 2016
You can always tell the happy employee reviews from the unhappy ones. I love working here everyday is a new group of patients and a chance to touch someone in some way. I have never worked somewhere that has actually taken the time to train a person and make sure the are comfortable in their position before they let you try on your own, and have someone there to help you out when you are in doubt. And the Dr's are great they learn your name and actually remember it. not just yell hey you. I love the diversity of patients that come and go. Health care is always a changing some days you get to take a lunch and some days you east at your desk.you don't take a job for the free drug rep lunches.
Pros
Great Doctors and Staff
Cons
you get what you put in.
Not good
Nurse (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 9, 2016
Very demanding company with little compensation . Management does not address concerns or conflict. Physicians are unproffesional to nursing staff. Allowed to swear at nurses as well as demean them. Be careful.
Pros
??
Cons
Hours. Management staff
Fast paced and fun workplace working with patients from all walks of life
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort wayne, IndianaAugust 31, 2015
Checked patients in and roomed patients, Linked assigned lab orders to diagnosis codes, uploaded patients allergy and medications information. Performed ear irrigation, injections and suture removal, recorded patient medication history, Vital statistics and test results in medical records, kept facility stocked with necessary supplies, equipment, Entered patient information into electronic chart. Efficiently performed insurance verifications and pre- certifications and pre- authorizations functions.
Pros
free drug rep lunches
Cons
No breaks
Very helpful, fast pace great place to work
Medical Assistant Externship Program (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 26, 2014
I did my extern at Lutheran Medical Group, spending 11 weeks there I learned the ins and outs of prepping rooms, gathering personal and medical information from patients and assisting the physician in various treatments.
Typical day would start with prepping folders (files) for that days scheduled patients, cleaning exam rooms if needed and getting them ready for the day. Making sure physicians are assigned the areas where their nurses will be to decrease confusion. Gather equipment for each room, boot up computers and get the system ready for the day. When patients arrive, I would call them back, weigh them, perform a check of vitals, record them in the system, along with updating medicines, allergies, and chief complaints. I would also check their pulse oxygen levels, and if they were low I would get the O2 tank and hose to them to bring up their numbers. When the physician was finished with them I would go in and check them out, the nurse would explain any pertinent information to them and I would walk them out. My main goal was to show professionalism, good quality care and do my best to send the patient out with a great opinion of their visit. At the end of the day, I would then go through the rooms clean them if needed, discard any paper work that the nurses had for me, check the shredder basket, answer phones and voice mails if needed, and send and receive faxes for all nurses.
Pros
Team work, great Doctors, Awesome Nurses
Cons
Meals eaten at the desks, Patients complained of smells from food, hard to contact nurse
Great group of professionals
Medical Assistant Externship Program (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 18, 2014
I worked at Lutheran Medical Group as an extern, the women in that department that I worked in were very helpful, always offering to assist and teach me new skills. They offered up all of the hands on education that I would need to become a knowledgeable medical assistant
Pros
Great Doctors, Great Nurses and Medical Assistants, everyone very pleasant, and the breakroom has a moral team that keeps everything upbeat!
Cons
Not enough seating for everyone. Nurses are wore thin with no time to answer the phone calls.
Unstable management and profusely negative work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne IndianaDecember 22, 2013
A typical day at work requires 13 hour work days unstable management with unrealistic expectation. Unfair treatment of staff. Not quality driven or patient focused.
Pros
Serving patients daily
Cons
Overall failing policies and procedures. Very low employee morale
I really enjoy my job and working with Dr. Whang
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Angola, INAugust 16, 2013
A typical day at work can be very exciting. Since I work for a surgeon there are days that don't seem like they will be very busy, but next thing you know there could be a call that could turn the whole day upside down. We adapt very quickly when these events occur and pull together as a team to get the job done. I am very fortunate to work with such a fabulous team of professionals.
Pros
My co-workers are truly awesome.
Cons
I wish we interacted more with our corporate office.
Work with very nice respectful co workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IndianaJuly 30, 2013
Take patients into rooms, take accurate vital signs, assist Doctor in certain procedures, file charts, abstract charts, scan information from the chart into the computer. Answer phone,give injections as asked by the doctor. Co- workers are very respectful and nice, Doctors are laid back and easy to talk to. the hardest part of my job is learning how and what the Doctor likes. The most enjoyable part of my job is the understanding of my co workers, and helping sick ones get better.
Pros
Free lunches, nice hours and Starbucks for a late snack.
Cons
Having to make babies cry due to injections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Lutheran Medical Group Reviews by Location