Lutheran Senior Services Employee Reviews in United States

Think twice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOMay 9, 2016
Not a good place to work at all... I worked there for almost five years and the place has only gotten worst. Low pay, under staffed, The Mangement is horrible... Policy's are changing ever few months.. Health Insurance was free now it's around 90 dollars every 2 weeks... Overall horrible place to work..
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Low pay, poor Mangement, short staffed
management supports their staff
LPN (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 30, 2016
I cannot find any complaint about the Peoria facilitty. They have made me feel at home. I go to work happy and come home happy. Sometimes the work load can be strenuous but not overwhelming. This is the best place I have worked due to management.
Community Leadership strives to provide "helping older adults live life to the fullest".
Employee (Former Employee) –  MOApril 14, 2016
While working at LSS, the community I was at had wonderful leadership by a experienced senior care executive director. The ED was always interested in what staff thought about the community and what could be done to improve it. She always made sure that we had all the tools to do our job and didn't hesitate to request something that our community needed. The leadership team was much the same way and the residents always were welcome to offer input in all aspects of the community. It was clear that most of the community leadership had a passion for older adults and truly believed in the mission of the organization.

Unfortunately, it seems that home office staff who should consider the communities their customers, don't have any community experience and are missing the entire point of the mission. They also missed the boat on what being a support service means to the organization. I would encourage the home office staff to spend some time in the communities so they can appreciate what our community staff bring to the table.
Pros
working with residents who have stories to tell, community leadership, having cutting edge equipment
Cons
home office support, non-profit wages
Productive but can be fast pace.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 5, 2016
Always arrive with a smile and don't let anyone or anything get you down. Hardest part is getting close to a resident then they pass. The enjoyable part is getting to put smiles on each and every one of your residents.
The worse place I have ever worked
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 31, 2016
Awful work environment, poor upper management, stressful, can't keep quality staff because of upper management, too many different people trying to be in charge. The worst experience of my nursing career
Pros
Residents
Cons
Upper management
LSS Laclede Groves is an AWESOME place to work!!
Health Services (Current Employee) –  Laclede GrovesDecember 18, 2015
I am a current employee at LSS LG. The management staff truly DO want to see their employees succeed. I see managers mentoring and educating staff at all levels within the company. The Upper Management/Leadership Team has always been there for me, willing to listen, offering their advice and assistance when I have asked for it. When I voice concerns, those concerns have been taken seriously and acted upon as necessary. They encourage all level of staff to share their knowledge, experience and ideas because they understand that "their way of doing things" may not always be the right way or be the best practice. I have learned a great deal while working here at LSS LG and can see myself here for YEARS to come.
LSS LG offers may opportunities for growth within the company. CNAs can advance to Household Coordinator positions, LPNs can hold management roles, the possibilities are truly endless. The employee just has to have the drive and dedication to achieve advancement.
LSS LG encourages self autonomy and self directed leadership. Staff are encouraged to be involved with Quality Assurance and Improvement Planning. Several committees are available for staff to become involved in.
LSS has an amazing Employee Assistance Program and Benefits: individual and family counseling, educational scholarships, connections with community assistance, the MOST PTO I have ever earned in a years time, Short term and Long term disability, Extended Sick Pay (to keep from eating up your PTO).
LSS LG has an On-Site clinic that provides primary and sick care to Employees.
Pros
Christian based, Leadership, Values and Philosophy, Team Approach, Not-for-Profit, Charitable
Cons
Slightly under pay scale BUT WORTH IT.
The empolyees worked with are fantastic and the residents and guest are wonderful
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2015
I learned many ideas and implemented many practices to work with the geriatric population. The typical day evolved working in Long Term Care and I feel I am a valuable asset to have in any geriatric community.
its was fun when i was there
nurse in crossings (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOOctober 27, 2015
the management is very unprofessional... the policy change every week.. maybe if they changed all the management it will be a lot better. an the turnover want be bad
Extremely Busy
Social Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 17, 2015
At the end of each day I try to leave myself a list of task that are priority for completion for the next. Typically I schedule appointments with at least two residents. usually, my day starts with problem solving and ends with additional task added to the list for any given resident. Because I don't know who may present themselves on any given day with a situation that requires immediate attention I have an open door policy. Includes in the daily responsibility of coordinating services for residents who are in need or who request my assistance are also the following: Monthly, Newsletter preparation, Activities and Programs for the month, volunteer schedule and end of month reports.
Pros
I love what i do and have a genuine affinity for the people to whom i provide service
Cons
Lack of comprehensives and supportive services for adults with Mental illness
Nurses eat their own
RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MoOctober 7, 2015
Horrible and Hostile work environment, inadequate training, very mean and unpredictable behaviors by older nurses. Nurse trainer needed to be on some type of psychotropic medication. All I heard about were her family problems. Worst work environment ever.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Productive and a team player
Floor Technician/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 15, 2015
Clean carpets in hallways, houses, rooms and apartments.
deep clean houses and apartments.
makes sure what needs disinfected gets disinfected.
When help is needed we all get it done.
Management helps and gets us all involved when necessary.
Hardest part of the job is doing the annual deep cleans in a timely matter.
The most enjoyable is the residents and seeing their faces when they get cleaned and/or carpet gets cleaned.
Pros
The residents
Cons
management in too many meetings and not participating.
LSS / Meridian Village is an excellent place to live and work!
Health Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, IllinoisAugust 6, 2015
Meridian Village is a Lutheran Senior Services Community located in Edwardsville, Illinois. It was my job to identify referral sources and respond quickly when a referral was given, At that point I would invite the family in for a tour, pre qualify them financially and medically, provide them with all the necessary information and help them realize all the benefits of living at Meridian Village and close the deal. I have a passion for working with seniors and love to show them a place where they can live life to the fullest!
Pros
Working with people I loved, both team members and residents.
Cons
Travel
very friendly environment.
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2015
A daily verbal and written report for the changing of shifts. I learned to be more attentive to the needs of the Senior citizen that live their. If ever a problem we can always call a member of management in time of need day or night. Co- workers always their to lend a helping hand. the hardest part would be to receive notice that a resident has just passed away. The most enjoyable part would be to here the residents state that they are glad you are here overseeing the safety and security of the campus !
Pros
Very good dinning for the employees, good employees !
Cons
Pay was low for expectation.
Social Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOJuly 2, 2015
The environment was positive, and resources that were available to complete expectations were promising. It was a good experience. The pay could have been higher.
Pros
Resounces available for employees to complete their expectations.
Cons
Pay
LSS does a goodjob for the residents in their communities
Interim Chaplain for Affordable Housing (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2015
the staff in each of LSS's communities works hard at making each community a pleasant place for the residents.. Each of the multi-level communities has at least one Chaplain. The 10 Affordable Housing communities share two chaplains - it would be nice if each of these communities had a chaplain just for them
overall i think things could be better
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 29, 2015
good place to work management need more organization so that people could know what the rules are on a daily basis. because the rules change on a day to basis
Pros
work not to hard
Cons
not enough staff
Company allow for time to be spent with the residents.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2015
The company, Lutheran senior services in my opinion is a great place to work for, but the management at hidden lake lack people skills.
quality
nursing (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2015
all i can say is that the group of employees they hire are quality. they all have good morals and aren't out to back stab each other. HR has done a good job
Happy in my work environment
Part-time concierge (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL.December 5, 2014
I work as a part-time concierge at Lutheran Hillside Village at both the health care center and Samaritan Place as well. Doing the best that I can and it seems to all work out!
Pros
flexibility/atmosphere
Cons
n/a
Provided quality and evidenced based care
CNA/Activities Assitant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2014
A typical day included assisting residents with activities of daily living, providing basic nursing care to non-acutely ill residents, maintaining a clean environment and working/assisting RN. Developed and assisted residents with activities that promoted physical, emotional and mental health.
Pros
provided knowledge and experience
Cons
no growth opportunities