Lutheran Senior Services Employee Reviews

Love lss!!
Educator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 15, 2017
Very refreshing to work in an environment where employees are valued, and listened too. The administrators talk to the common folk when they visit and listen to ideas. My coworkers in office are amazing and great team players. Plan on retiring here
Pros
Great co workers, feeling valued, open communication
Cons
Slow to accrue PTO in beginning
Productive and fun place to work
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 12, 2017
I liked working here and getting to know the residents and keeping them happy. You meet so many families and they really appreciate what you do for their loved ones.
A lot of employee conflict
Cmt (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOApril 11, 2017
Lutheran senior services is a great company to work for if you can tolerate poor management. The benefits are great. The facility is clean and nice. They offer all levels of care/employment.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Poor management
Lutheran is a very productive place to work
HIM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOApril 9, 2017
Lutheran is a very productive place to work. They help their employees to obtain the education they need to learn New technology that staff and residents need. Management is awesome, they show interest and care about their staff. You also have the opportunity to enhance your education in your field.
fun but very fast paced
Certified Medical Assistant/senior home maker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 27, 2017
This job was very rewarding and very fast paced. The days always went by fast because you were always moving. The individuals that I took care of were great and was then best thing about the job
Working for Lutheran Senior Services is very rewarding. The company is very mission driven and it shows in every task throughout the day.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 21, 2017
Every person is approachable. You really become part of a family and work as a team. With every challenge there is a solution.
Pros
Great benefits, residents, leaders that truly want feedback
Horrible place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOJanuary 8, 2017
Was a nurse on "dementia" unit. Such a joke. Trying to cover 3 areas of residents then having to take over on Crossings wing also when no evening nurse available leaving me with over 100 residents under my belt plus the horrible, lazy cna's and medtechs. LSS has gotten too big for its britches, all about the all mighty dollar. Management is a JOKE. IF you're a nurse RUN from them, don't put your licenses on the line.
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
Crying before starting my shift. Afraid for licenses, no help from management
It's a fun place to work the staff nice.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Mason Point St. LouisJanuary 3, 2017
I come in at 6a.m I start prepping for the day. I write out things I have to work on for that day. Get with the chef to see what was done the day before.
Best Long Term Nursing Healthcare Center
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 28, 2016
The nursing staff there are very friendly and caring. They treat the residents like family. They get to know not just the residents that live there but their family members too. Dining is done like you are at a restaurant. Menus on the tables. Server ask each resident what they want to eat, choices. This healthcare is free of smells thanks to the excellent housekeeping staff. Various activities throughout the day. The are building new building to make it more home like.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Some rooms are too small for 2 people.
Management needs much improvement
RN (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MODecember 20, 2016
Management needs much improvement.
Do not value employees
Persecuted and harassed by client's and client families with no response from management.
Director Level (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2016
I have had the opportunity to work at the home office and to have a family member living at one our our communities and I can not say enough about all the people who work at LSS. From the Sr Leadership, to the Ex Directors, to all the Housekeeping, Dining Associates, CNAs, CMTs and RNs, everyone teams up to make sure our Mission of Older Adults living Life to the Fullest is lived out by all.
Pros
Great Sr Leadership
Cons
Could give more PTO time
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MODecember 10, 2016
While working for this company i learned alot with a new learning experience. I took a lot of away from working from this company to help me in growth and knowledge.
Pros
Growth and Knowledgeq
Cons
N/A
Really has gotten bad over the past 2 years
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOSeptember 10, 2016
I worked at Breeze Park for years, and I know that there will be changes. This company has changed to benignity the company's pocket book and not the people at the front lines per say. The Company is growing and more buildings are in the works, which means money is being taking away from the staff working the floor. Just over the past 2 years the company has increased our insurance cost,taking away our paid time off and pay raises are a joke. LSS is the lowest paying company in this business. It was ok to me because I enjoyed my job, the benefits and the management.
It is sad when a non profit corporation takes away from the people who make them who they are, to put in to more buildings and to the top dogs. It is ridiculous the amount of annual pay that is going to the employees at corporate office.
Supplies are not easy to get because they feel that we are using too much. Really and they say that they are person centered care.
Pros
Residents
Cons
I have none that I can think of.
Great place for benefits
Staffing and Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOSeptember 9, 2016
Front office have a lot to be desired. VERY unfriendly and VERY unprofessional. HEISINGER JEFFERSON CITY MO.
I loved the staff I worked with nice and clean place to work. Staff take great care of residents.
Pros
Benefits, residents and staff
Cons
Front office management very unprofessional and unfriendly
Great nursing staff
CNA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2016
Great coworkers, loved the residents and the staff. Great nurses to work for. Unfortunate that it closed its doors this year.
The residents and co-workers are wonderful!!!!! The company does keep up the communties.
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2016
This company used to be a great one to work for but the focus has changed significantly over the past 3-4 years. The emphasis is less the individual resident and more for profit and turn the residents in and out. Census, census, census. Communities are expected to be the same everywhere. Caution: do not have an original thought! Extremely top heavy STL management who apparently don't talk to each other or else they wouldn't be piling up projects on the communities. The communities are beautiful but the residents pay dearly for that. There are better non for profits who actually practice what they preach.
Non-profit organization with hard working people trying to obtain funds for various projects.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2016
Typical day involved typing of proposals, directing calls, interacting with public. Enjoyed being with co-workers of all ethnic backgrounds.
Hardest was trying to compete tasks in a four hour day.
Management were caring, educated, likable.
I learned to be compassionate with others who are less fortunate seeking help from this organization.
Pros
casual atmosphere, but workers who cared about their jobs.
Cons
Some people were not considerate of those who were working to complete tasks, i.e. too noisy.
Rating overall a two star
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laclede grovesJuly 13, 2016
I was an employer at Laclede Groves as a Cna for 14 years it was once a good place to work but the last 4years has been worst the resident not getting the amount of care they need they are under staff everyday working short and the pay isn't enough anymore they don't have any incentives to offer the health insurance is horrible. When you walk into the front door it's nice when you go to the newer part of the building it nice when you go to the old side it's horrible it's not being clean they have housekeepers and kitchen workers doing two jobs they need to let the housekeepers be house keepers and let the kitchen people work with the food the carpets are so nasty along time ago I would have suggest anyone to come and work there but now no they DO NOT appreciate there Cna for nurses week they give us a cup cake really they try to cut any money the can some of the management need to be fired they think they can talk to individuals any kind of way but respect is respect .There memory care staff is horrible they come to work but don't want to work and the work is easy they have staff sleeping in resident rooms they have staff leaving going home for four hours going to sleep and they still have a job they have staff stealing food taking it home to there family's they have staff stealing time clocking in at the door than going to park there car. One of the so call managers love to see confusing with the employees but as always save her friends a lot gets pushed under the rug over there but the main thing there forgetting is the care of the resident The food in the cafeteria is too  more... high  less
Terrible place to work. Big turnover all the time.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJune 5, 2016
Terrible place to work. Always short. Demanding families. Management doesn't help & lets the residents call employees names, let family members threaten workers & they also allow family members to get in your face and yell at you. Don't work here.
Cons
Poor management, work employees short majority of the time
Think twice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOMay 9, 2016
Not a good place to work at all... I worked there for almost five years and the place has only gotten worst. Low pay, under staffed, The Mangement is horrible... Policy's are changing ever few months.. Health Insurance was free now it's around 90 dollars every 2 weeks... Overall horrible place to work..
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Low pay, poor Mangement, short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Senior Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8