Lutheran SeniorLife Employee Reviews

Unappreciated and very stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PASeptember 27, 2017
The mission of this company is amazing for the elderly. But being an employee here is very hard. Management is never there when you need them. When you address them with problems or issues they are ignored and never get resolved. Very unorganized, lack of common sense and do not value good workers. They overwork their employees causing them to quit. A lot of favoritism. Constant drama! This is the only place I have ever worked for that does not show any care when family or personal emergencies occur.
Pros
Helping elderly who really appreciate the help
Cons
Poor management, unorganized, drama, constantly talked to and treated like a child, pay, constant driving and ruining your car.
Disorganized
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PASeptember 10, 2017
This company has a great mission for the participants but very very disorganized. You as a nurse are micromanage to the max. You spend a lot of time in pointless meetings rather than caring for your clients. On a weekly basis more and more jobs are added to the nurse. This company is very short staffed. You are not respected as a nurse. I have never worked for a company that is as big of a train wreck as this one. The staff turn around is unreal and it's a'll related to management. You are not permitted to work autonomously as a nurse.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Manager
Cheap People, easy job, short staffed
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mars, PAAugust 25, 2017
i was higher wage took two months to get a wage wasn't even the wage promised didn't want to pay me. They were always pointing fingers at somebody else when asked about your wages and your pay
Pros
Okay atomsophere
Cons
Pay and management
Used to be a wonderful place to work, no longer is.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAAugust 25, 2017
Residents are great people who deserve so much more! Management is awful! They are always right , therefore, you are always wrong, but will look you in your face and say they want your opinion...but they actually dont. Taking everything they are able to from the employees, until it just isn't worth it anymore.
Pros
Not sure if there are any.
Cons
To be treated with disrespect.
Profit is the bottom line
General (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJune 28, 2017
For a non profit organization it's all about money. They will change your job description without notice and you are expected to smile and agree. If you don"t you have a bad attitude or you are out of a job. Management is poor. Company goal was to work on employee retention but it seems like they have been working on this for years. Turn over is high.
Pros
Great reidents
Cons
Poor management
the benifits are great
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAJune 6, 2017
the benefits are the only good things. not a great place to work management isn't that great and its like in high school all over again and there is not one bit of fairness.
benefits
Cons
not a good place to work
Caring Organization
Administration (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAApril 20, 2017
Working at Lutheran SeniorLife is very rewarding. Being part of an organization committed to helping those in and around the community where we live is part of what attracted me to apply here. Working in healthcare things are always changing, no two days are the same but I wouldn't have it any other way.

The team atmosphere is wonderful, everyone pitches in to get the job and we put the patients first!
Pros
Team atmosphere
Great Organization
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PAApril 16, 2017
Abundant life is more than a tag line for this organization. It's what they want for their residents and participants. There are long-term employees who truly care about the residents they serve. There is opportunity to grow in the organization. Is it tough work? Yes, but it is rewarding and you do good things for the residents there. At the end of the day I always felt good about the work I did there. It may not pay as much as other organizations because it is non-profit. But they don't throw out residents who can no longer pay to stay there. You make a difference here!
Pros
What you do makes a difference.
no job culture
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAMarch 9, 2017
management is a joke. hard work not valued. you do managements job and work 12 hours a day they dont care. poor equiptment unreliable vehicles always breaking down.
Pros
pto
Cons
everything
Honest opinion
Nurse (Former Employee) –  NursingJanuary 2, 2017
Stress is beyond belief. Family and residents are angels. CNA are the hardest working people anywhere, that I have ever seen. And one thing they are consistent about is the zero tolerance of resident abuse.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Unrealistic management
Lutheran SeniorLife
Medical Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PANovember 7, 2016
This job had me working with people at need in the community. I enjoyed this job, but the compensation was not commensurate with the work being done.
pay is bad. whole place is cheap
Household Assistant (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJuly 3, 2016
The pay is terrible the raises are even bad. They can't keep anybody were always working short handed. The only good part is the residents
Pros
residents
Cons
no help, poor pay, no retention.
horrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJune 26, 2016
Management does nothing about harassment. The pay is horrible. Always drama. This place is not worth the stress it is a joke.
Pros
Monday-friday for some departments
Cons
everything
Great Corporate Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAJune 6, 2016
I left a very large hospital network to come work for this organization. I am so happy that I did and have not looked back ONCE! The corporate leadership truly cares about their staff and are unwilling to compromise the integrity of the company, their staff, or themselves to try to get ahead. The amount of programs and benefits that the company is able to offer to those which they serve is staggering. I am so blessed to have found a team that functions with such integrity and passion towards caring for others.
Pros
Great culture that is innovative and always developing!
Terrible place to work
Adminstrative (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAMay 9, 2016
This place is so dysfunctional!!!! All I wanted to do was move up within the company...I had a witch for a boss and when I gave my resignation she was suppose to sit with me and watch what I did bc she wanted to know for my replacement. Put me off and put me off to the point she never sat with me and had the nerve to call me once I was done working for the company demanding me to call her. Yeah that did not happen, talk about feeling valued before you go!!! I was also told I was "capped" out meaning I will never ever make any more money in my position. Awful thing to tell an employee, very unorganized and unethical. But overall the PACE program does amazing things for the elderly, thats about the only positive thing I can say.
Pros
Great Co Workers/Good Support
Cons
terrible compensation and treated poorly by superiors
Terrible place to work as a CNA
CNA (Former Employee) –  Mars, PAApril 4, 2016
Contrary to what director says aides are treated horribly. Staffing shortages occur daily on all shifts. The administrator claims to respect all the staff but had no problem turning around in the middle of a meeting to tell you that she knows what she is discussing(business side of a nursing home)is quote"above your heads". She has also been known to say aides are replaceable. Unfortunately for her she can't seem to either recruit or retain aides. Aides that have worked there for over15years are quitting. This is only a good place to work if you don't mind working for someone who's full of apparent insecurities and self doubt leading her to suffer from delusions of grandeur.
Pros
Awesome floor nurses and aides
Cons
Everything else
Great inspiration
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAFebruary 7, 2016
Dedicated co-workers and management. Great support teams. Incentives for picking up extra shifts. Employee celebrations monthly. The residents are the best part of the job. All the positions are hard, no matter what department, but this staff is dedicated to giving all residents quality of life.
Pros
Coworkers
Outstanding place to work caring leadership team
management (Current Employee) –  Mars, PANovember 5, 2015
Outstanding place to work great work life balance and extremely supportive Ed and continues to hold the facility to the highest level
Pros
Great work environment
Great mission
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAOctober 4, 2015
LSL has a wonderful mission and offers numerous necessary services to the community. The leadership functions with integrity and really cares. They are concern about the employees, as well as the company. Very good benefits.
Great facility
employee (Current Employee) –  St. Johns 2BApril 17, 2015
Great place to work. Personally has been responsible for my growth as a nurse. My Manager loves her staff and is always there for us. Great place for a nurses clinical skills. It is stressful, but teamwork is awesome and the environment is one of unity.
Pros
weekend incentives, monthly snack pass

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran SeniorLife. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8