Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great Learning Experience
Housing Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJFebruary 16, 2017
The job was very fasted paced and it required hands on work all day.
I learned a lot about people in general and the most enjoyable part about the job was watching women and children recover from domestic violence and drug abuse.
Poor Leadership and Corporate Staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 13, 2016
Do not be fooled by company name. This company does not support their mission or employees. Worked for company for over 10 years solely on the basis of helping those in need. Underpays employees while upper corporate management benefits financially. Does not value hardworking, longstanding employees. Poor communication and corporate management. You will always be treated as replaceable. Frequent turnovers. Poor leadership. Lack of respect for vendors and employees. Company has nothing to offer which is a representative of corporate team.
Pros
Great staff in location assigned
Cons
Corporate management, salaries, benefits
Disheartening - you want to do more but can not.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJSeptember 13, 2016
Lack of corporate support & betrayal to loyal hardworking employees. Corporate management unskilled in leadership roles. Company without direction & teamwork.
Pros
Close working local supportive team.
Cons
Corporate is divisive & accusing with employees.
Poor communication!
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJFebruary 7, 2016
I have worked for this company for seven years and I must say that poor communication and poor management is its biggest problems.
Company is Poorly Managed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 1, 2015
Managers do not show up to work on time and always leave early. They abuse salary priveledges and do not enter their PTO when they takes personal days and so forth. They speak to their employees in a degrading and ill mannered way. The talk down upon you while you are with prospects and residents. They do not live by their company slogan. This company by far is the worst that i have ever worked for. Would never recomend it to anyone
Genuinely care about employees
Superintendent - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJFebruary 28, 2013
I lead a team that maintained eight scattered properties in the Trenton area. There was a back log of work orders and empty units to turnover but with a little prioritizing we were able to get on top of it all. The guys I worked with had good attitudes and learned quickly. Management did a great job of recognizing our achievements and making us feel important.
Pros
good benefits package, management returned calls and provided clear direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4