Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota

Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota Employee Review

View all Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota reviews

Very rewarding occupation
DSP (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 20, 2013
LSS of Minnesota was and is one of the most rewarding and fullfilling
work assignments i have had the oppurtunity to experience!
Pros
The Individuals we care for and the flexibility of unit designation and scheduling
Cons
No Insurance/Benefits

Other Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota Employee Reviews

Assist adults (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 15, 2017
Coworkers are great and the individuals supported were nice. Supported individuals in their home. Made meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Assisted with personal cares like showers and toileting. Built very good relationships with everyone here.
Love my work, like this company
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNOctober 17, 2017
I have worked as a Direct Support Professional for 18 years, for 4 different companies in 2 different states. One of the companies was a smaller one, the others were large (over 100 employees). Of the larger companies, LSS has been the best large company I have worked for. They have an emphasis on both person-centered services and on developing employees' skills and interests. I have appreciated the learning opportunities, and the feedback I get from supervisors. They also emphasize a work-life balance by offering full-time employees the most generous leave package I have seen in this field. While most holidays are not paid due to the 24/7 nature of this work, full-time employees receive floating holidays in addition to PTO.

I'm very happy here, and I encourage anyone interested in this field to give LSS a try.
Pros
The people we serve are amazing, coworkers are fantastic, variety of tasks throughout the work day so it isn't boring.
Cons
need more staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota. Our community is ready to answer.