Lutheran Social Services of the South

Lutheran Social Services of the South Employee Reviews

a great experience that I believe in
Medicaid Coordinator / Children's Clothing Buyer (Current Employee), Katy, TXNovember 2, 2014
Daily I keep up with the census for State information, code and bill for the therapists, check in on the staff on the floor to see if kids need clothing, balance the checkbook, and anything else that needs to be done.
I learned more about State laws with RTC's and the pharmacy side of kids with a Axis 1 diagnoses.
I enjoy almost all of my co workers and those that I don't, we are co-workers not family so its ok.
The hardest part of my job has been learning the NSLP money side to the checkbook.
I enjoy my job very much, it is great to see a CPS kid leave successful and return to a foster home and move forward.
Helping children.
Regional Director (Former Employee), San AntoinoAugust 18, 2014
Good mission, long hours and on call weekends. Working to provide safe environment for children.
Self employed contractor
Therapeutic Foster Care Services Parent (Former Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Self employed contractor, as a foster parent. Worked with Lutheran Social Services to plan and apply activities and constructive guidance to meet the emotional, bodily, intellectual and social needs of children and residents in care.
Productive Enviroment
Medicaid/Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Katy, TexasDecember 9, 2013
Very diverse company with room to grow. Bible based treatment center for adolescence. With a great employee dynamic.
Most of the people employed there are helpful and cordial.
Receptionist/Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Katy, TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: free health insurance and reduced lunches
Cons: high stress level
Overall, a nice place to work in keeping with the goal in mind of helping troubled youths.
Great Place
Disaster Case Manager Supervisor (05'-08 (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2012
Pros: working lunches, health benefits, holidays
Cons: ended too soon
I had the opportunity to work with LSS during the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.
During my breif tenur the direction of the administration from the Austin Office was clear, reasonable, and professional in delivery.
I would absolutlely love to repeat that opportunity.
Great place to work for.
Statewide Clinical Director (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 21, 2012
Great, caring people. Awesome teamwork environment. They keep you busy.