Lutheran Social Services

Lutheran Social Services Employer Reviews

Decenct Workplace
DSP/ CRMA (Current Employee), Westbrook/ Auburn MaineAugust 6, 2014
Not a high paying company but there are some great DSPs and some wonderful supervisors. Because the pay is not great there are also some individuals who are not the most professional and this seems to slip through the cracks.
Fun and service
Case Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 29, 2014
If u like selling, buying and interacting with people of different backgrounds both co-workers and customers it's a good place.
Hard work!
Childcare Worker (Former Employee), Forest Park, ILJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free meals and a chance to help others who are in need.
Cons: unpredictable work environment.
This job choice is one for helping people who have had a difficult life.
Challenging Workplace
Residential Program Assistant (Former Employee), Monroe, MIJuly 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was caring for the patients, and helping make the best of their life.
enjoyable
AOD Counselor (Former Employee), Big Bear Lake, CAJuly 28, 2014
Educate student referred to my office for counseling about the cause and effects of substance abuse. Counsel student’s in the age group of 8-14 Junior High and 15-18 Senior High School students.
great atmoshpere
CNA (Former Employee), Falconer, NYJuly 25, 2014
I loved my residents I cared for and my coworkers were great people
Challenging
DSP (Former Employee), White Bear and Shoreview, MNJuly 23, 2014
Rewarding and challenging, ful-filling work place. Work load was always a challenge and each day was full of different things.
Productive & Family Oriented
Resident Program Aide (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free meals, cna experience
Cons: no breaks
typical day at work. Counting medications before med pass and after, transporting, preparing meals and prep meals for next day. Direct Care, Cleaning
home like atmosphere
LPN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: management disconnection with work load
More of a home like feel then a nursing home. It was a really great group of people to work with. I worked third shift, on which we had a nightly crew of late night residents. The hardest part of the job was working with a minimal staff, which did not allow for a adequate amount of time to be spent with individuals. the most enjoyable part of my job – more... was just being a part of each of the residents life on a daily basis. – less
Supportive Workplace.
Master Child Welfare Specialist (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILJuly 14, 2014
A great agency to work for. They really care about their employees. The work is challenging but rewarding.
Great job for college students
Juvenile Tracker (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good hours for college student
Cons: work every weekend
Administered drug and alcohol tests to juvenile delinquents at night.
Caring Work Environment
Licensed Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 1, 2014
Overall great place to work for, but limited opportunity to move up in company, as well as benefits are marginal.
Satisfying and helping job
Social Service Assistant (Current Employee), Midland, MIJune 24, 2014
A normal day consists of me helping disabled persons live their daily lives as normally as possible. I do different things such as bathing, dressing, cleaning, and assisting with eating. The most important thing I've learned is to not take anything in life for granted because it won't always be there. My co-workers are important to my job because we – more... team up to help our clients with what they need. The hardest part of the job is seeing people not be able to do things that most take for granted. The most enjoyable part of the job is how appreciative my clients are for helping them. – less
Internship experience.
Refurbishing and Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 23, 2014
If you want get more hands on with old technology this is definitely a place to get your feet wet.
Making a different
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 20, 2014
Pros: going out on outings and seeing the individual smiles
Cons: not enough staff
I enjoy and love making someones day. Although my individuals was nonverbal seeing them smile or laughing is good enough for me.

A day at work would be getting the individuals off the buss, folding laundries, prepping dinner, feeding the individuals, bathing them, watch tv or play games with them until bed time.

I have learned so much with this job – more... if you don't have a big heart don't bother. This job is all about companionship, making a different in someones life and it makes you see life different.

the hardest part about this job is when you individual is sick and they can't tell you cause their nonverbal. – less
Fun place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, PaJune 17, 2014
Pros: excellant benefits
Cons: rumor control is like a wildlfower
Work there on evening shift, exceptional team work. Pay was great
caring for the residents is my passion, love to talk with these historians. Nice place to work but there are a few things that need to be addressed one the nurse manager there is not up front with the employee's. Tells you one thing but does another and she has her favorites, if you are – more... the ugly duckling than that's too bad write up's, write up's, write up's. On a happier note it was truly a good place to work. – less
A productive experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: make you feel like part of the team
The people I worked with at LSS were friendly and competent.
Great enviornment to work in
Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 8, 2014
Pros: great moral
Cons: n/a
Hard working professionals making a difference in the lives of foster and adoptive children.
Flexible when dealing with family and education. Good mangament and available hours
Support Service Assistant (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 5, 2014
Pros: flexible and consistent; good management
Cons: limits to advancement;
Lutheran Social Services is a flexible job when dealing with education, additional jobs, or family. The position provides consistent work hours dealing with getting customers to and from appointments, assisting w activities of daily living along with teamwork.
Service
Volunteer (Current Employee), Murray, UTJune 5, 2014
Able to assist people in all walks of life with learning skills that will benefit their lives indefinetely.

About Lutheran Social Services

Lutheran Social Services of Michigan (LSSM) creates communities of service. We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion – Read more