Lutheran Social Services

Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 3, 2014
JOB NEEDS BETTER MGMT ! AND ALSO WAS REALLY DIFFICULT TO GET TO
Great Work Place!
Home Healthcare Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2014
Pros: going out for lunch, get off work before 5pm
Cons: not making enough money, no extra hours!
*(Typical Day) Helping with the client need's and want's everyday. Making sure he/she is well taking care of and safety of the client and myself always come first. (I have learned) how to deal with emergency situations at the last Minute. (Management) team is Great!! Co-works are great!! (Hardest Part) when a person you have been caring for pass away – more... is the hardest part of the job. (Enjoyable) Is knowing everyday i arrive at work giving my all to my Job and loving what i do to help others that are in need of help. – less
Very nice place to work. Worked with children all day.
Care Giver (Former Employee), Arizona City, AZMay 22, 2014
Pros: meeting different cultures.
Cons: not having enough hours to truly support my traveling.
Typical day at work was always exciting because I was around different children daily with very different personalities. This made my job fun. There was never any hard part to this job. I worked with team workers and we had each other's back at all times.
In-home care
Respite Care Provider (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 14, 2014
I rarely actually worked with anyone. I did in-home care until the program ran out of funding.
Very Productive environment
Family Preservation Worker (Current Employee), sterling heights michiganMay 6, 2014
This is a very calm environment to work in. You get to work with a great group of people and help families in crisis at the same time.
Case aid
Case Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2014
Pros: ability to help clients change their lives.
on call staff. Monitored clients who were enrolled in a 28-day substance abuse treatment program and distributed medications.
Conducted intake process for admitting clients. Answered telephones and filed documents. Accompanied clients
on outings.
Personally fulfiling seeing hard work benefit clients in need
Outreach Coordinator/Program Manager (Former Employee), Burnsville/Eagan, MNApril 23, 2014
Everyday was different. This added to the fun and variety of working with clients in need due to FEMA declared disaster area.
Very busy environment
Youth Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: job security
Clients safety first, help with life skills. Great opportunity to turn around the behaviors in someone life and teach positive roles.
Non Functional Environment
Lead Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no holiday time off, threatening and hostile management
When I first began to work here, I was a little thrown off by being made to pray during office meetings and the various religious posters on the walls. Then I though how great it would be to work in an environment who care about people. The workers there are all great but the majority of those in upper management are anything but...
employee
Sponsored Provider/Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Hampton, VirginiaMarch 23, 2014
Great. A fun company filled with great providers.
Managements great.
Top Heavy Organization
Manager (Current Employee), Southbury ctMarch 16, 2014
Pros: helping families
Cons: upper management
Administrative upper management is extremely well paid for a nonprofit, while the worker bees are underpaid. Management makes decisions without consulting those in the field who understand the issues, leading to poor decision-making and false starts. High employee turnover rate.
productive work place
maintenace worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Long hours with friendly staff.First I would clean the building and get rid of the garbage.After all small building repairs were done, the day was over.
Excellent place to begin your human services career.
Site Team Leader (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: fun and productive atmosphere, caring management team, excellent coworkers who believe in teamwork approach
Cons: pay isn't really the greatest, especially when you factor in the cost of health insurance, can be a little taxing on your balance of work and personal life
Never a dull moment when working as a direct support professional at LSI. Everyday is new and exciting. The management team is awesome and truly believes in building a TEAM with everyone. Advancement can be somewhat limited, however, due to very low turn over rate among supervisors and coordinators.
Rewarding Job helping children and families
Foster Parent Recruiter (Former Employee), Springfield ILFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: heartbreaking situations
Hard job very good people working here. Very dedicated to the children and families they serve in Illinois.
Mentally challenging
DSP Direct Support Person (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MNFebruary 26, 2014
Working with severely handicapped adults was very difficult work.
working with new cultures
Volunteer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great way to help othes
This was a great way to expand my view of the world. working with people coming in from different cultures. I think they are doing a great thing helping with refugees. Helping people that are in bad situations.
Exceptional training and work enviornment
LPC-IT and Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Appleton WisconsinFebruary 22, 2014
Lutheran Social Services has an exceptional management team. The work they do within the community to provide a variety of mental health care is outstanding. A typical day for me was meeting with clients, preparing treatment plans and goals, maintaining files consistently, following HIPPA confidentiality and privacy laws, scheduling clients, facilitating – more... domestic violence groups, attending supervision meetings and more. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I worked with and the challenge of the case load I had to maintain. – less
lovely place, nice atmosphere
CNA (Former Employee), Canton, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: clean, appreciative of employees
Cons: management at that time
Good place to work, always enough help, some stress but overall happy when employed there
Decent working environment but not too much room for advancement.
Youth Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaFebruary 13, 2014
This job does not have as much structure as it should be we make it work as best we can. Management can be more supportive. They are not around as much to see what goes on within the units.
A Non Profit in need of better management
Communications Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2014
I enjoyed my tenure at the company, everyone is very nice and easy to talk to. However, there could have been stricter management of fund and resources, and the massive lay-off that occurred could have been avoided.

About Lutheran Social Services

Lutheran Social Services of Michigan (LSSM) creates communities of service. We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion – Read more