Lutheran Social Services

Lutheran Social Services Employee Reviews

Productive & Family Oriented
Resident Program Aide (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free meals, cna experience
Cons: no breaks
typical day at work. Counting medications before med pass and after, transporting, preparing meals and prep meals for next day. Direct Care, Cleaning
home like atmosphere
LPN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: management disconnection with work load
More of a home like feel then a nursing home. It was a really great group of people to work with. I worked third shift, on which we had a nightly crew of late night residents. The hardest part of the job was working with a minimal staff, which did not allow for a adequate amount of time to be spent with individuals. the most enjoyable part of my job was just being a part of each of the residents life on a daily basis.
Supportive Workplace.
Master Child Welfare Specialist (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILJuly 14, 2014
A great agency to work for. They really care about their employees. The work is challenging but rewarding.
Great job for college students
Juvenile Tracker (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good hours for college student
Cons: work every weekend
Administered drug and alcohol tests to juvenile delinquents at night.
Caring Work Environment
Licensed Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 1, 2014
Overall great place to work for, but limited opportunity to move up in company, as well as benefits are marginal.
Satisfying and helping job
Social Service Assistant (Current Employee), Midland, MIJune 24, 2014
A normal day consists of me helping disabled persons live their daily lives as normally as possible. I do different things such as bathing, dressing, cleaning, and assisting with eating. The most important thing I've learned is to not take anything in life for granted because it won't always be there. My co-workers are important to my job because we team up to help our clients with what they need. The hardest part of the job is seeing people not be able to do things that most take for granted. The most enjoyable part of the job is how appreciative my clients are for helping them.
Internship experience.
Refurbishing and Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 23, 2014
If you want get more hands on with old technology this is definitely a place to get your feet wet.
Making a different
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 20, 2014
Pros: going out on outings and seeing the individual smiles
Cons: not enough staff
I enjoy and love making someones day. Although my individuals was nonverbal seeing them smile or laughing is good enough for me.

A day at work would be getting the individuals off the buss, folding laundries, prepping dinner, feeding the individuals, bathing them, watch tv or play games with them until bed time.

I have learned so much with this job if you don't have a big heart don't bother. This job is all about companionship, making a different in someones life and it makes you see life different.

the hardest part about this job is when you individual is sick and they can't tell you cause their nonverbal.
Fun place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, PaJune 17, 2014
Pros: excellant benefits
Cons: rumor control is like a wildlfower
Work there on evening shift, exceptional team work. Pay was great
caring for the residents is my passion, love to talk with these historians. Nice place to work but there are a few things that need to be addressed one the nurse manager there is not up front with the employee's. Tells you one thing but does another and she has her favorites, if you are the ugly duckling than that's too bad write up's, write up's, write up's. On a happier note it was truly a good place to work.
A productive experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: make you feel like part of the team
The people I worked with at LSS were friendly and competent.
Great enviornment to work in
Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 8, 2014
Pros: great moral
Cons: n/a
Hard working professionals making a difference in the lives of foster and adoptive children.
Flexible when dealing with family and education. Good mangament and available hours
Support Service Assistant (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 5, 2014
Pros: flexible and consistent; good management
Cons: limits to advancement;
Lutheran Social Services is a flexible job when dealing with education, additional jobs, or family. The position provides consistent work hours dealing with getting customers to and from appointments, assisting w activities of daily living along with teamwork.
Service
Volunteer (Current Employee), Murray, UTJune 5, 2014
Able to assist people in all walks of life with learning skills that will benefit their lives indefinetely.
WAS AN OKAY JOB
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 3, 2014
JOB NEEDS BETTER MGMT ! AND ALSO WAS REALLY DIFFICULT TO GET TO
Great Work Place!
Home Healthcare Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2014
Pros: going out for lunch, get off work before 5pm
Cons: not making enough money, no extra hours!
*(Typical Day) Helping with the client need's and want's everyday. Making sure he/she is well taking care of and safety of the client and myself always come first. (I have learned) how to deal with emergency situations at the last Minute. (Management) team is Great!! Co-works are great!! (Hardest Part) when a person you have been caring for pass away is the hardest part of the job. (Enjoyable) Is knowing everyday i arrive at work giving my all to my Job and loving what i do to help others that are in need of help.
Very nice place to work. Worked with children all day.
Care Giver (Former Employee), Arizona City, AZMay 22, 2014
Pros: meeting different cultures.
Cons: not having enough hours to truly support my traveling.
Typical day at work was always exciting because I was around different children daily with very different personalities. This made my job fun. There was never any hard part to this job. I worked with team workers and we had each other's back at all times.
In-home care
Respite Care Provider (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 14, 2014
I rarely actually worked with anyone. I did in-home care until the program ran out of funding.
Very Productive environment
Family Preservation Worker (Current Employee), sterling heights michiganMay 6, 2014
This is a very calm environment to work in. You get to work with a great group of people and help families in crisis at the same time.
Case aid
Case Aide (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2014
Pros: ability to help clients change their lives.
on call staff. Monitored clients who were enrolled in a 28-day substance abuse treatment program and distributed medications.
Conducted intake process for admitting clients. Answered telephones and filed documents. Accompanied clients
on outings.
Personally fulfiling seeing hard work benefit clients in need
Outreach Coordinator/Program Manager (Former Employee), Burnsville/Eagan, MNApril 23, 2014
Everyday was different. This added to the fun and variety of working with clients in need due to FEMA declared disaster area.

About Lutheran Social Services

Lutheran Social Services of Michigan (LSSM) creates communities of service. We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion – Read more

Lutheran Social Services Salaries