Lutheran Social Services

Lutheran Social Services Employer Reviews

Occupancy Specialist
Hud Certified Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 6, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: co- workers can sometime take forgranted of what they have.
This could be a nice place to work depending on who you are. There are very nice people that work for this company. And they help a lot of people.
great staff to work with.
Personal Care Assistant, Deborah Smith (Current Employee), Freeport, ILSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: short breaks, no raises
Helping people makes the job great. Supervising a great staff. Sending out HCA's to assist seniors.
A great staff to work with
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WISeptember 5, 2013
Pros: staff and training
Cons: draining
I would still be here if I did not want to pursue a career in non profit. We got the opportunity to make a difference for several mentally challenged people and give them a new start. Love this organization.
Organization accomplishes great things for children and seniors.
Sr. VP of Human Resources (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 29, 2013
I have learned a lot about social services while working at this agency.
Social Worker (Current Employee), West Springfield, MAAugust 29, 2013
This job has given me the opportunity to advance in my skills and abilities.
Great people, not so great facility
Adult Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Elgin, ILAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great clinical supervisor/mentor!
Cons: non-profit, low-paying
Unfortunately, as many non-profits go, it was not well-kept; however, the people who worked there were absolutely wonderful! I had to leave due to the low pay.
Productive and a fun work enviornment
Housekeeping/Homemaker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
Working with elderly clients on an daily base cooking and cleaning for the clients transport clients on daily routine.
Management are good people they help you on any type of problems that you my have. the co-workers are good oriented people. the most enjoyable part of my job is to work with the elderly people learning new things everyday.
Luthern Social Services is a very good company to work for
Caregiver (Former Employee), Mesa, AzAugust 21, 2013
Pros: delightful people to work for and with
Cons: there were no cons here
Being a caregiver for my Mother, i worked for this agency and was treated wonderfully and always had any help, advice, supplies or anything else I needed. If I had a question or problem or anything really, they were always there for me. They were awesome in the training field and provided me with what I needed. I will always be grateful for all the – more... help and care they offered me. – less
Micro Managed
Therapist (Former Employee), Katy, TXAugust 20, 2013
Pros: giving back to the teens
Cons: micro managed by clinical director
I loved working for this organization. I got along well with the kids and staff. I didn't appreciate being second guessed and challenged on the decisions I made in the best interest of the child.
Rewarding and enjoyable job with kids in need of special support
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNAugust 19, 2013
-Take care of children with disabilities (bath, feed, ambulate, medication administration)
-I learned that mentally challenged kids have so much to offer and have hidden talents that some people may pass by.
-Management is great
-Collaboration is key while working with my co-workers and I found that teamwork was a big part of this job
-The hardest part – more... was when the children would be in a behavior that was difficult to stabilize
-The most enjoyable was to get to see the kids learn and interact with you. – less
political instead of educating students
Teacher of students (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 17, 2013
For an educational institution, the administrative staff is more concerned with money intake than that of making sure students and staff are taken care of.
Easy if not monotonous job
Data Entry (Former Employee), South St PaulAugust 16, 2013
A typical day includes sitting in a basement for eight hours a day transcribing countless Employee paperwork
Refugee Specialist
Refuge Specialist (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIAugust 13, 2013
I like to work here with refugees, help finding job for those who are new at the country
Positive experience with an opportunity to grow as a counselor
Counseling Intern (Former Employee), Belleville IlAugust 13, 2013
Pros: gained a plethora of experience
The counselors were very professional and allowed me to absorb as much information possible for the time I spent with them. I recommend this site for anyone wanting to intern and learn from experienced counselors that are willing to share their knowledge. The hands on experience is priceless.
Rewarding work
Youth Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 12, 2013
Each day varies greatly. Some management is very helpful and supportive and others not so much. Co-workers create a lot of drama.
Demanding Job
Full time Site Team Leader/ Caseworker (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: milage is partially reimbursed, and ongoing training provided and paid for.
Cons: no offical breaks during shifts, and pay is low.
LSI is a non profit organization that provides and encompasses many different service lines. That being said it would not be fair to give the entire organization a bad review. The position of Site Team Leader is essentially 2 jobs. An STL satisfies the role of a direct support professional 4 days a week as well as caseworker duties one day a week. I – more... understand that this is generally the opposite at other agencies. A typical direct support day involves providing supervision and services to individuals in their homes and in their community. Teaching independent living skills and coordinating services from staff and outisde agencies. A typical office day consists of holding and attending meetings, updating files and documents, completing various reports, completing various forms of documentation and billable contact notes, scheduling client appointments, scheduling staff shifts, and all other duties as assigned. I have learned patience, crisis management skills, supervisory skills, and various teaching skills. I will not comment on management at this time. Co-workers are good hearted people who are great to work with. The hardest parts of this job are addressing cleint and staff issues and scheduling shifts. The most enjoyable part of this job is watching a client accept the services provided and prospering because of your efforts. – less
It was ok
Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MIAugust 11, 2013
Pros: had my own office, great co-workers
Cons: high turn over of supervision.
I worked for this organization for 6 months and had three supervisors during my stay there. It was very hard to adjust to the organization with that much turn-over in managment. The administrative aspect ofthe organization was not put together well and caused a lot of issues which contributed to the managment turn-over. I had my own office which was – more... nice but struggled to keep it to myself after a couple weeks due to over crowding in the office. – less
Everyday is to challenging
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), new yorkAugust 11, 2013
I am currently working for a non profit organization with co workers who have poor management and no teaching skills which makes my job harder.the most enjoyable part of the job I love the kids .. I feel i am over worked and under paid . working with challenging. kids also there is no teaching going what I love to do. i feel like a babysitter not an – more... educator.also the administration there sucks too much rudeness. – less
Internship
Case Manager (intern) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2013
I loved doing my internship at this location. I learned a lot of new information.
CNA (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2013
Cons: not being in a facility or hospital for career advancement
Oppurtunity to work one on one with clients
I LEARNED TO BE ATTENTITVE A COMPASSIONATE FOR CLIENTS NEEDS
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS HELPING CLIENTS TO MAINTAIN DAILY DUTIES

About Lutheran Social Services

Lutheran Social Services of Michigan (LSSM) creates communities of service. We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion – Read more