Luxor Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2017
its great, fun and full of copious amount of energy not only from the guest but fellow employees. You get free food. The best were the chicken tenders.
loved working here
Casino Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2017
the casino is great fun.. good employees. free meals, parking close , on bus route, Open the casion up and had some really exciteing times and met many stars..
Pros
pay was great
Cons
casino was bought out by another company
Nice overall place to work at
Slot Embassador (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2017
The work is very fluent in the fact that once you are there for a month you automatically know what to do because its pretty much the same thing every day and thats not a bad thing and also you get tips too wich is a big plus.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
you have eyes on you like a spider on a fly
Fun place to work
utility porter (Former Employee) –  luxorDecember 15, 2016
A great place to work. Company have a lot to offer, Good benefit, free food and also really nice managers. The only cons is been on call and if you didn't answer right away they call another person really frustrated.
Pros
Nice place, competitive pay good benefit
Cons
Been on call.
up to date
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2016
Everything is very up to date, from the dates to the positions available for each company. The people are friendly and welcoming. The area and location is nice and very connected to the strip
Great employer & employees easy place to work
Chris Angel Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2016
A Typical day at work is taking care of the customer's needs. Pleasantly greet the customers, offer to answer any questions, and provide information. Explain any product information. Help them find the right item There looking for & always keeping a smile on my face while doing it.
I learned to handle financial transactions, such as receiving payment and making any necessary change.
If opening or closing a shift, I was required to count the contents of a cash register. documenting all money that was provided and collected at the beginning & end of shift . I stocked and replaced shelves from the store's stockroom.
Management was great and easy people to work with loved working with them.
My co-workers were easy to train with great people to work around.
There wasn't really any hard part of the job wonderful place to work.
The most enjoyable day at work was working around alot of the customers just seeing all the smiles on there face when buying something they really wanted or what the kids wanted.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great place to get your foot in the door
Cons
Wish I could work there again.
The working condition was amazing.
server (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 1, 2016
The working environment was optimizing for a professional and friendly customer relationship. The training made me a better worker that should respect other employees and customers
good place to work
Project Manager. Part time (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2015
excellent work to life balance, you will work hard and enjoy it, the organizations culture is that of having fun while gaining the best experience in the profession of project management consulting. the job may be monotonous and you may find your self doing the same things over and over again. but apart from that you will love working here.
Great working enviroment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Luxor,Las VegasJune 19, 2015
I have worked for Luxor Hotel for nine years, generally that is the best looking hotel on Strip. I have learned what pleasure is to work in multicultural environment. I leaved trough many changes and learned a lot about great hospitality. Overall, good teamwork and benefits.
Productive place to work at
General Manager Rice & Company (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2015
A great place and people to work with, company has a lot to offer. There are great benefits, good hard working people and the product they sell is top notch.
Nice company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  CarolinaJanuary 11, 2015
Being an important part of this company helped me grown in personal level, making me more demmanding, perfectionist, responsable and caring about the employees. I had in charged more than 150 security officers that teached me all those things with situations and daily stuff according to the nature of the job.
Very interesting places to work at
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Juan, Puerto RicoJanuary 3, 2015
A typical work day consisted on the ability to solve challenging issues on a daily basis. Many types of instruments were available in which came in handy in the in learning how to use them. Management was excellent in communicating with employees, and coworkers relationship among each other was at 100%. Found no hard part to the any job,and just a great environment to which I would like to return too.
Enjoyable workplace
Order Processing (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Entering orders received via phone, fax or mail. Typing packing lists and labels for the warehouse. Billing the orders once they shipped. Filing.
Pros
The people I worked with
Clerical Work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILApril 17, 2014
Expedite purchase orders and provide proper inventory levels
Being able to interact with people of all walks of life, and do your job to the fullest
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2013
Every day was different with the variety of people who came to the hotel. From serious issues such as medicals and dealing with EMS, to report writing for alleged stolen/missing property from guests. Employees were also vital as they not only worked for the company, but injuries, and on rare occasions thefts occurred in which it was vital to keep the incident private, Security knowledge was to be kept to just those who needed to know. You worked with not just guests, employees, but general managers and all managers on property to keep not just Security, but all departments working together. In all jobs there are good and bad days, and it is in how you handle each incident, or crisis which matters the most. It is not just a job, but how you present yourself and act in each and every incident on your property.
Pros
The people and variety of positions from cross-training
Cons
N/a
good benefit
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2013
good place to work, good benefits.

nice and huge hotel

a lot of customers at weekends.
Pros
nice place
Cons
kind of old
Worm and friendly team & managment
Tour Leader (Current Employee) –  LuxorAugust 17, 2013
Working at this company was a very enjoyable time .Working with a very helpful mangment and cooperative team making me very happy and like to work all the time.The dardest time in my work after the revolution because there is no work ,no salary.
They have an online education program that is very helpful.
Slot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2013
One of the most rewarding and enjoyable parts of my job was to see the happiness on guests faces when you were able to help them with their reqeusts and when they hit jackpots. The hardest part of the job was realizing that no matter how hard you try some guests will not be happy. I loved working with my co-workers. After such a long time we became family. From some of my managers I learned to treat the guests with respect and to never judge a guest by their appearance or how they are acting. Part of my nights at work were doing paperwork to stay compliant with gaming regulations. The rest of my night I walked on the casino floor greating guests and handling any complaints and requests. I assisted with minor repairs on the slot machines and the ATM machines. I trained new employees and worked in the players club booth assisting guests with their comps and check outs and any questions or concerns they had. I enjoy meeting new guests and welcoming back the repeat guests. I always kept in touch with the guests after their departure to offer my assistance with any future visits and to make sure they were happy with the level of service they received with at the Luxor. Working the grave shift for 10 years you are the go to person for everything and anything the guest requests, as there is no host on duty to help so being a host, players club rep, slot supervisor, problem solver was just a few of the many hats we wore during the night.
Pros
They offer an internet cafe to be used by the employees.
Cons
The employee dinning room food is not always fresh.
F&B Cashier Management Department
F&B Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2013
Enters purchases into cash register to calculate total purchase price.
• Accepts cash, checks, or bankcards for payment; completes transactions according to established procedure.
• Counts money, gives change and issues receipt for funds received.
• Calculates discounts requests customer identification for certain discounts and receipts as required.
• Help and provide excellent customer service
• Operates POS system
Life Learning Experience
Billing/ Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 7, 2013
I have been crossed-trained in many departments at this organization. While I have learned immensly, but there is lack of leadership and upward mobility.
Pros
ability to cross-train
Cons
innovation and leadership