Luxottica

Luxottica Employee Reviews

Great environment for the right candidate
Store Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 29, 2015
High energy, fast pace. Great place to get your retail career started and to grow it. Skies the limit as long as you show progress.
Diversity is #1,
2nd shift Digital Surfacing Process Technician (Former Employee), Groveport,OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: Unrealistic time tables
10 plus hours daily 4 day work weeks plus mandatory OT on weekends. Production bonus's. High turnover rates for associates. My Process Tech co-workers were very hard workers but training expectation time tables were a bit unrealistic. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skill sets and meeting associates from different cultures.
not a bad job, just slow
sales associate (Former Employee), Sw Washigton Sq Mall TigardJune 18, 2015
I would come in during the day and help with the floor sales, I would also do daily tills in the drawer and assist customers with any needs they may have.
good
Sap fico (Current Employee), Mason, OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
good nice to work with this company and really good to have very nice co workers very hard working, The company launched a new subsidiary that will focus on incubating urban technologies. Read More
Industry Leader
Assistant Manager (Training) (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great Management, Fun, Very Open Door
Though short lived, the leadership on hand at the company taught me so much in a very short time. Not only is Luxottica the industry leader, they still manage to corner the market and push for progress.
great
Lead Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Kingston, NYJune 9, 2015
Very rewarding. Provides amazing opportunities to those looking to advance their career in the eye industry.
Very blessed to work for this company.
Bad Management
Temp (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Free Snacks at times
Cons: Underpaid, Too much BS, Hug turn over rate
Worked as a temp for a few months and was given the boot for not voicing my opinion about the new procedures. After 5 min of insisting, the supervisor reported me to my company and got me removed for negative attitude towards the job and a bunch of fabrication. Management and most supervisor's are completely DISRESPECTFUL, UNPROFESSIONAL and INCOMPETENT. Other supervisor's are cool and coworker's are as well. Just a lot of gossip from Griffin residence.
Great teams Low pay for Opticians
Optician (Current Employee), OrlandoMay 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, great benefits
Cons: Limited Staff, extremely low pay for industry
Typical day at work includes client/patient engagement. Working in a team environment to meet and exceed sales goals. Strong leadership skills can be attained in this environment. The hardest part of the job is standing for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is building patient relationships. Lower pay is with promise of large bonuses or commission. Goals are raised up to 30% over the year before. Commission is only paid if the entire team goals are met. Staff is sent home when store is slow may effect full time status.
Nice Place
Vision coordinator (Current Employee), Mason, OHMay 17, 2015
Pros: Nice Work Place
Cons: Very Busy
Incoming calls from customer’s that are calling to inquire on their vision benefits, locating providers, membership cards and questions on their vision claims. Duties also include performing outbound and receiving inbound calls to assist providers with authorizations, claim filing, claim status and Credentialing status. Volunteering for special assignment changes to meet business needs by participating in work groups and special projects while demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills
Long standing Optical company with strong focus on giving back to community
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Mason, OHMay 10, 2015
Pros: Job Work/Life Balance
Cons: Compensation/Benefits
Overall company is good Job Work/Life Balance
Long standing Optical company with strong focus on giving back to community

Overall rating****
Job Work/Life Balance****
Compensation/Benefits***
Job Security/Advancement****
Management***
Job Culture****
best place i have ever worked
EDI Coordinator and Data Analyst (Former Employee), Mason, OHMay 6, 2015
Pros: a very ethical company
Cons: a lot of charity work goes on here
I cannot say a bad thing about the company. They have a wonderful product and a great team. Awesome benefits and they provide a wonderful facility for their employees. I love this company and the leadership.
management
manager (Former Employee), MassachusettsMay 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything do not work here they are a monoply
Horrible place to work they treat you like a number not a person. They say we care about your family but don't. They discriminate against you if you bring up issues with other employees or managers.
Productive and fun workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee), West Chester, OHApril 23, 2015
On a typical day I would come in assemble boxes and pack the machines. One thing I wish they would improve on is communication with their employees to let them know if they are doing anything wrong.
great coworkers and human resource was very helpful and great
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 17, 2015
Pros: COWORKERS
Cons: SHORT BREAKS, LONG HOURS, MANAGEMENT UN APPRECIATIVE OF GOOD WORK
I worked here for 5 years and I loved the co workers. On the other hand, management was TERRIBLE. They were two face and they had meetings everyday coming down on the workers about petty things.
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), 4000 Luxottica Place Mason, OH 45040April 13, 2015
My typical day at work consisted of paperwork and scheduling. Delighting our customers and making their day was number one priority.
fast paced fun work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victor, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: fun enviornment
Cons: horrible manager
loved the job just not alot of hours. making sales with this company was always fun and interesting. my manager was horrible though. the harderst part of the job is that sometimes sales were kind of slow.
Very fun and comfortable work place.
Pearle Assistant Buyer (Current Employee), Mason, OHApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great Gym, Health events, Adult outside recess, Masonette restaraunt inside facility that provides, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Cons: Moved to Columbus area and although work from home a few days, I still have to travel a great distance
Luxottica is a very great company to work for. They offer so many exciting things for their employees. The flexible hours, comfortable work environment, constant celebrations and opportunities to volunteer and travel with the One Sight program are fantastic. I have learned, how to manage my time more proactively with time management skills and have met one of my goals of learning how to select and purchase new product of my brands. I love that they encourage, no meetings and emails, and actually block time out on our calendars. Luxottica also believes in strong development of their employees to promote within. The relationships of the leadership team trusting their employees to work independently, ensures growth in that individual. The personal time off (PTO) benefits are great!
Hit the ground running!
Store Manager/ABO Certified Optician (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 3, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, advancement opportunity
A truly fantastic company to work for!
Excellent pay and advancement opportunity for the motivated associate.
Bonuses in addition to hourly pay.
Great way to learn a trade from the inside out.
Most impressive feature, this company is willing to invest in their employees.
Always updating styles with the newest, most fashionable brands.
A company to be proud to be a part of.
OK. PAY WASN'T GREAT
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2015
Typical day at work was good. You clock in and go to your station. At Luxottica, I learned how to inspect lens. Management was nice and as long as you did your job, they wouldn't bother you. Everyone I worked with was nice. The hardest part was standing in the same spot for 10 hours unless I was picking.
Worked for them 19 yrs
Equipment unit Leader (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management
Was terminated along with 55 other people due to new management
New management was going in a new direction .Wanted new lower paid people

1 2 3 4 5