Luxottica Employee Reviews

Found 1,642 reviews matching the search
Poor does not even begin to describe it...
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 17, 2016
The management was awful. Never had the schedules sent out on time. Incentive programs to win prizes and/or money were never sent in for redemption so there was no point in competing. Will not move you from one store to another unless you call the district manager directly. The pay is pathetic, I moved from Richmond to Northern Virginia and my pay rate was not raised from 8.25 an hour while my associates made much more. I have not received my W2 yet and it is almost two months late. Would not recommend working here unless you like dishonesty and sub par working conditions.
Cons
Could be an amazing place to work...but.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 1, 2016
So working there was a great experience. I enjoyed the benefits of learning optics as well as MOST of the people around me. I did find that the management seemed to have an agenda that did not always include promoting the person who worked for them and showed proficiency and loyalty. When trying to promote there is an invisible block that unless you are in the right circle..UPPER MANAGEMENT likes you, then you will be told, "oh sure we can work on that" or some pat answer like that. Fact is they generally know when and who they will move up already. If not and they wing it, well that would be a whole lot worse, as they would show nepotism and the old playing favorites games. Either way if the payroll dept. screws something up, forget it. You may as well just write off the $. Long and unreasonable hold times and lack of communication between departments. Final check was a mess. Pulled health benefits from last check, cut separate PTO payout check and took Health Benefits there too. WHAT? +30 min hold time? Do I need to call BOLI?
Pros
Good optic training. Day to day people are great
Cons
Upper Management. Support centers are a joke to contact.
fun place to work
seasonal sale associate (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYMarch 8, 2016
As seasonal sale associate I performed almost all store functions independently. I followed company procedures regarding the opening and closing of the store. I helped customers locate desired merchandise, find suitable alternatives and explained benefits
of products. Additionally, I made it my objective to meet daily sales goals and build relationships with customers. This position required the ability to work alone, strong communication skills, adaptability and honesty to both customers and staff.
Pros
company benefits, commission
Cons
Worked alone so breaks were quick
Exciting, fast pace and great place to work
Salesperson & Optometrist Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2016
A day of work at Lenscrafters was hectic but worth it. I worked in the doctors office. A typical day at work would be setting up the phoropter, cleaning the pre-testing machines, making sure the doctor office is clean, printing out applications before the patients came in. Getting the contact lense orders and glasses ready for pick up. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a irate customer. The most enjoyable part was solving the problem and knowing at the end of the day I made someone happy and did my job.
Pros
Meeting new and different people everyday
Cons
Compensation
Best job for a college student
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Christiana, DEFebruary 9, 2016
I have had this job for over 2 years and it has been a great experience. I get along with all the managers I have had and all my coworkers. Even though you have responsibilities such as counting all the inventory in the morning and preparing bank deposits in the evening, the job itself is really easy. The mangers work wit your schedule and are really flexible with hours as long as your sales goals are up. The only downside is that there aren't many hours to go around besides the holiday season and most of the time you are working by yourself.
benefits
Cons
Not many hours available besides holiday season
Fun Work Environment Selling a Fun Product
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day included store opening or closing duties, provide customers with an excellent store experience with product knowledge and recommendations, review daily paperwork, schedules, store goals, prepare store visuals. I learned various brand and product knowledge, and managerial responsibilities. Co-Workers were great, employees reflected the, "Sunglass Hut Experience" which was energy and feel good.
Pros
Hourly Pay Plus Commission, Eye Wear and Eye Care Benefits
Cons
Very few professional and promotional opportunities
Enjoyable Work Setting
Desk/Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Working in LensCrafters was my first experience working in an optical office. Although it was my first time, the staff made me feel welcomed and helped me every step of the way. They made sure I felt comfortable enough to ask them any questions, as well as made sure I knew what I was doing. The environment wasn't too fast paced, and the patients were very easy to deal with majority of the time. Definitely enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Helpful staff, slow paced, nice atmopshere
Cons
No benefits, short breaks
Relaxed atmosphere, But no room for advancement
Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAMarch 9, 2016
It is nice to work at oakley, but i is difficult to advance in the company, even afer years of emploment. There is not enough comunication between production and management, leading to mistakes or unrealistic work loads.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
no increases in salary
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 8, 2016
Lenscrafters is a great place to work. They offer they best training program. They have a great commission program. They pay well. Offer a team base atmosphere. Offer great benefits including 401k and vacation pay. They offer reimbursement for education
Pros
Flexible hours and competitive wages
Cons
not enough staff
fun workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 6, 2016
high turnover rate with associates, hours were good with a fun staff when they lasted. not a lot of training or opportunity for growth
Pros
health benefits if full time
Cons
lack of training
Used to be better
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OhFebruary 8, 2016
Daily firefighting to address leadership's issue du jour. Very difficult to do any long term planning. Lots of rework as wants and needs change. If you are not in sales you are a servant to sales.

Coworkers are solid - lot of good talent. Used to be very collaborative and now more of a dog eat dog mentality.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Leadership, Work/Home life unbalanced
Love Luxottica
Sales Consultant/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 2, 2016
Very friendly atmosphere and management is great! Would recommend this company to anyone. Benefits are amazing. Wouldn't mind working here again.
Pros
Great pay
upbeat and fun environment
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2016
knowledge of your eyes and how they work is very interesting. reading prescriptions and being the expert on someones eye, their health is a big thing
Pros
being the expert, fun environment, encouragement from staff
Cons
no real benefits for part time
Not the worst place...Not the best
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
I was with the company for 1 month before I was promoted to a management position and moved to my own store. Here is the thing though, they pay their managers (who have loyally stayed with the company) a wage of a standard sales job. High energy culture with quick advancement with no real monetary drive. Their commission culture is greedy and place highly unrealistic expectations on sales.

The holidays, you will make great money..the rest of the year is "hit and miss".
Pros
Contests, Decent starting wage, Eye Insurance
Cons
Advancement in pay isn't worth it, Unrealistic goals
Fun and energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJOctober 5, 2015
I have been in sales for about 4 years and my favorite place to work has been Sunglass Hut. I am praised for the great work I do every day, get along great with my coworkers, and can express myself in the workplace. It has been a part-time job to get me through college but I have looked at it as a great opportunity and learning experience. I love interacting with customers on a daily basis and being the reason they walk out of the store with a smile on their face. I have met many different people that have come from many different backgrounds and I could not be more grateful. My name is known by people higher than my own superior and have grown relationships with them and they have helped me advance. The hardest part of the job would be when there is low traffic and I do not get to interact with many different customers throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be myself around everyone and having the support of my management team while also having fun with customers and learning more about them.
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 27, 2015
The salary is low however if your store exceeds plan each month you will get a nice bonus. The plan is very high so you don't bonus much. If you don't meet plan you are given a corrective action. If you miss plan more than 3 months per year you are fired. If there is theft in the store you are given a corrective action. Sunglasses do not have security tags. So if you work alone in the store it's next to impossible to catch shoplifter when you're busy. Hard to keep part time employees due to low hourly and we are only allowed to schedule part time associate for 15 hours or less.
Great work exp. Great employee
Monthly bonuses
Discount on glasses
Good pay
Good managers
Just a great atmosphere to work
Pros
GLASSES DISCOUNT
Cons
N/A
Extremely professional and fun
Certified Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of fast paced orders from customers and dealing with the orders in a quick and efficient way, as well as communicating with employees and customers to ensure product accuracy and satisfaction.

Learning how to multitask and deal with difficult situations was an absolute must in this work environment.

Management was done very well, as no one at the company had any issues with the schedule, payroll, or anything else of the sort.

Co-workers were extremely friendly, social, and professional.

The hardest part of the job consisted of having to disappoint customers, by telling them the bad news, when certain orders didn't process correctly. Letting your customers down is never something that is enjoyable, especially when it can affect frequent returns.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the chance to work with such a great group of people. They made each and every day a joy.
Pros
Part Time Benefits
It's comfy and fun work area
Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHJanuary 13, 2016
I work Friday to sunday.
I've learned how to produce eye glass.
The management is very organized.
The hardest part is I'm mandated to work over-time.
The part I like is they pay me a bonus every three weeks.
Pros
a lot of benefits
Cons
short breaks
The company isn't concerned with employee well being
certified lab technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 25, 2015
I have worked at LC since 1999.When I started at the company I was hired full time.The company at the time, was listed by Forbes Magazine in the top 100 companies to work for based on employee input.Over the years they have changed so much,and you would be hard pressed to find 10% of employees at store level to recommend a job at Lenscrafters.Lenscrafters now wants a part time workforce manage by 2-3 full time managers.The way Lenscrafters has decided to achieve this is by not hiring anymore full time employees to my understanding. The remaining full timers can expect to see their hours dwindle.I have had my hrs. cut below 20 at this point and and I should have my benefits revoked right before the holidays.The company wants some of the remaining full time employees to sign a piece of paper stating they will work without benefits.In my case,if I don't average 30 hours a week over a13 week period I will lose health care automatically.I like the job and have always worked with really good people.
Pros
worked with good people
Cons
hours cuts, underhanded ways of cutting costs, and lack of transparency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.