Luxottica Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,612 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work but you better be willing to work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 25, 2016
When not dealing with customers you will be filling, putting up inventory, learning about new product, etc. You will never be bored! But in a good way.
GREAT Entry level Sales position.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2016
Sunglass hut is very high pace, exciting, and overall a fun place to work at,.

My only complain is the cut of hours during the slower months (super understandable) and the high turnover rate for new employees.
Pros
Great company, great product, FUN
Cons
Cut hours during the winter
The experience
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 23, 2016
Giving the Sunglass Hut experience one customer at a time by inviting one to play, engage with staff and interact with other shoppers who are looking for the perfect pair.
Pros
the view
Cons
commute
Awesome place to Work at...fun and energetic selling cool brands
Sales Associates (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2016
Sunglass Hut is an extremely fun environment that sells fun and cool shades top of line brands. You get to meet incredible customers from all walks of life with interesting stories. You get this amazing satisfaction when you help a customer find their cool by finding them a great pair of sunglasses. You get to dress to impress while selling some cool stuff and the workload is nothing. It is a team oriented company, all employees helping each other make the sales goal. The benefits are awesome. I get commission every week when my team achieves sales goal. You built friendships and relationships with your co-workers which makes for a friendly environment. The company focus on achieving goal by teaching the associates how to deliver the Sunglass Hut Experince. Sunglasses are often given away thru incentives and our discount is awesome. Management is professional, caring and fun, full of energy and really care about its associates. The training program is easy and management continues to develop the associates skills by role playing scenarios. The Regional Manager is often in our store and makes it fun to learn and chit chats with us. It was a fun experience and I would recommend to others as management works well with your schedule.
Pros
Cons
At times not enough hours and the thefts that come and have no respect or value for others.
Very productive, positive selling environment
Store Manager IV (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 20, 2016
-to produce and exceed sales goals
- developed an environment to cater to the customers product needs
- employee centered incentives and contests to drive sales results
Happy environment to be working in
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 19, 2016
My typical day at work is simple. Walk in smiling and have fun. Sure, the point of the company to make sales of sunglasses, they don't want to start and stop there. They want every person who walks in the doors to have a great time and walk out with the perfect pair on their faces. I have learned a lot of product knowledge on various brands and styles of glasses, as well as technology that is behind the lenses. My management team here in Charleston is outstanding, they\re always looking for ways to make sure at each and every store has what they need. From extra coverage, to transfers of sunglasses, and just a happy team to be there when times get rough. The hardest part of my job is agreeing with a costumer when they ask about the return warranty; its 90 days free exchange or return, and I have had costumers tell me that's not what they were told elsewhere, or what has happened in the past for them. I am understanding of the situation of the costumer and the warranty, however without the authority of being a manager or having on the floor with me, it has been a struggle for me to go above and beyond the needs for my costumers. The most enjoyable part of my job, is even on a slow rainy day, I know that when I walk in the store I will be smiling and my coworkers are smiling too and that it will be a wonderful day.
No work/life balance. Management is inconsistent show no support.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 18, 2016
Great for part-timers. Not good for full time or career seeking positions. If you enjoy standing long hours and forced selling then this is the job for you.
Pros
Free sunglasses
Cons
Long hours standing, terrible upper management.
Great staff and good energy.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for Sunglass Hut as a company. I was taught a lot of the ins, and outs it took to be a good manager. I am looking to move up, and move forward with other fashion companies.
Pros
Free pair each year.
Cons
Constantly hiring and letting people go.
I dont have a review.
Sr. Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 17, 2016
I did not like working for Luxottica. We could not make our own decisions. It took Luxottica way too long to make a decision.
who knew there would be fun in glasses?
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 16, 2016
uplifting corporation. very inspiring and driven to provide what ever is best for the customer. selling over 4,000 dollars worth of merchandise in 8 hour shifts. smiling and being myself
Pros
great commission
Cons
slow hours in winter
Promising opportunity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 15, 2016
When I first began working at sunglass hut the opportunity here was promising.
I quickly learned that there is a high turn over rate of store managers in my region.
Other stores send their returns to our store, which directly affects our daily goals and then we are chastised for it since it counts against us.

Upper management is unprofessional. Temperamental while in the store. Many rude outbursts and making people feel uncomfortable. If you don't make sales goal upper management and regional force you to quit, but you can't say no to customers with returns.

Lots of structural issues in management and a lot of unprofessional behavior by higher management.

The best part about this job are my team and my customers. I am disappointed to say the least, I had high respect for this company and all it had to offer.

The pressure on employees to achieve sales by being pushy and aggressive to customers leaves our employees with anxiety they don't need. That needs to change.
Pros
Discount, opportunity to meet new people
Cons
unprofessional behavior, not enough positive reenforcement
great company
Optical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2016
warm welcoming, its a very great company. All good vibes coming from every staff members and doctors. always giving customers the very best experience.
Good People skills
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 13, 2016
good people skills, nice friendly atmosphere, nice company bond and party's. .Training was good and lots of help if I had any questions. Good vacation pay.
Pros
annually production
Cons
no health coverage
challenging
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2016
at times it is a challenge and you often dont see your higher ups or loss prevention team the impact of theft is not good so be in store to have 1200 worth of versace just swiped away
Great Culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2016
Sunglass Hut is an enjoyable place to work. The culture and values that the company as made important really shows.

While working for this company as a manager I learned so much about business structure and ethics of customer value.
Great place and company wish it had consistent full time hours.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 12, 2016
Great place and company wish it had consistent full time 40 hours. As a full-time employee some weeks would drop to even 22 working hours, not a great way to balance the bills and gauge financially through out the whole year, otherwise I would be happy to continue to work here.
Pros
Benefits, free pair of glasses anually with eye exam
Cons
non consistent schedule, non consistent full time hours
Good starting point
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 12, 2016
Depending on your region, Sunglass Hut can be a very fun and interesting company to work for. I think it is definitely a job that you start off at to get your experience in high end retail and customer service but I think it is definitely not a job you want to make a career out of. Very stressful as a manager and not compensated adequately for all that you do.
unrealistic
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 11, 2016
Luxottica was supposed to be a temp to hire but when they extended my contract over and over, it was time for me to move on. It is not realistic for a company to keep stringing temp employees along in the hopes that they'll stick around forever.
Pros
pays well
Cons
extremely high turnover
Was a great place to work when it was just Oakley
Sr. Business Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAAugust 9, 2016
Luxottica has been slowly dismantling the culture at Oakley and those who haven't been laid off are seeking employment elsewhere because of it.
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
Parent company could care less about Oakley's employees
safe work place
Sales Consultant/Optician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 9, 2016
it is a safe work place, fun, what I like you all ways learning new things about the product you sale, managers are fair, the company is flexible with your hours