Luxottica Employee Reviews

Found 1,767 reviews matching the search
Great overall. Watch out for advancement
Recruiter in Talent Acquisition/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 20, 2016
I have been with the company for four years. There are a lot of great things about Lux:
1. Work/life balance
2. Compensation
3. Company events/activities
4. Culture/creative opportunities

The one negative is how much career growth one can have there. There are some managers that cannot give real objectives of what to do in order to be considered for your next step.
Pros
Culture, work life balance, compensation, benefits
Cons
Career growth/opportunities.
This Company is for the young per a quote from the former Global President
Senior Store Manager/Trainer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 30, 2016
Unfortunately not a growth Company as pitched by upper management. Expect to be worked to the level of exhaustion to the point of a loss of family and personal time. Difficult Management that intimidates associates under the protection of HR. Pay increases are a few pennies even if you deliver in sales and performance. Unfortunately too many politics which creates favoritism.
Benefits
Cons
Too much to list
General review as a retail/lab associate.
Lab Technician, Dispenser, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 9, 2016
Luxottica Retail is a company in which there is exponential growth, provided you are an optician. Without this licensure, the opportunities for growth are severely limited. This opinion is based on over six years of employment with this company.

In the effort to advance, cross training for both the lab & retail are options, however, to become fluent in lab operations, one must fully dedicate themselves towards lab work.

On the Retail floor, one could follow the path of Sales Supervisor, though advancement to a management role is often outsourced, either from other retail companies, or other stores.
Cons
The lack of hours for employees is the no.1 cause for departure from this company.
My life at Oakely
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJune 21, 2016
My almost 9 years at Oakley was by far the best job I have had in my career. From the outstanding talent at Oakley to the bring your dogs to work, the culture and the Oakley family, one could not have asked for more. The pace was fast but we had times for "slip 'n slide" contests, team races, bike rides, Halloween parties, go cart races, pizza nights and all kinds of fun. Because of my experience I was able to mentor many of my fellow employees as they entered the work force and grew within the company. Being in the Execuitve level, I experienced working with an intelligent level of management that worked together to make Oakley the company it is today.
Great compensation with a reliable Management team
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2016
The culture and our teammates have been such a valuable learning asset to myself as a young professional as well as helping me build my raptor in the Customer Service Industry. I have been truly blessed to get the opportunity to learn and grow from my peers and the Luxottica company as a whole.
Pros
Compensation and Healthcare
Cons
Not so flexible hours for management and limited time off for family and school
Sr. Purchasing Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 16, 2016
Luxottica provides you with a great work life balance. There is a indoor cafeteria as well as a gym for associates to use 24/7. There is a outside walking track for you to use as well. The atmosphere is always happy and associates seem to really enjoy what they do for a living. Flexible working hours. The company also allows you to work form home one day a week if your job allows.
Pros
Felxible work hours
Cons
Poor management in certain areas of the workforce
fun workplace with no advancements
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 6, 2016
typical shift: invite customer in and show off the store, engage and actively listen, interact with storytelling and appreciate and celebrate all sales.

learned: multiple conversations at the same time, to connect strangers, do deposit slips, adjust frames to fit each individual face accordingly, handle uncomfortable situations

co-workers and management: easy to communicate with,

hardest part: dealing with unsatisfied or angry customers

most enjoyable: when the customer loves the product they are buying,
Pros
coworkers
Cons
lack of hours, low pay, no advancements
Strong company with concern for their employees.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CASeptember 28, 2016
Luxottica is very good at communicating with it's employees. They have "All hands on deck" meeting where they discuss their goals as a company, go over the status of the company and express their desired goals from departments and employees. They also express a desire for a good culture within the company where communication is stressed between employee and management and each person is aligned with the mission statement and knows what that is.
Pros
company sales
Ok job
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 25, 2016
Its a job not too much to say. No job advancements they drag their feet on raises favoritisim is key here, Upper management dosent seem to care. Good for college or some one wanting a part time position.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
everything else
No work/life balance. Management is inconsistent show no support.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 18, 2016
Great for part-timers. Not good for full time or career seeking positions. If you enjoy standing long hours and forced selling then this is the job for you.
Pros
Free sunglasses
Cons
Long hours standing, terrible upper management.
Great place to work!!!!!
Optical Optician (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 4, 2016
Luxottica Retail is a great place to grow professionally and there are many career opportunities in all fields.The management is great and willing to work with you in furthering your future.The company give back in many ways here within the U.S and out of the Country with the Vision Van that allows the doctors and the associates to provide free eye exams as well as free pair of frames and lens to those who are less fortunate.
The People are great to work with.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYOctober 22, 2016
This company is a growing company in its industry, with a nice group of people. Very busy work environment where things are always changing. The IT team that I worked with was small with a heavy work load supporting both local and remote users. Ongoing projects requiring some late days and long hours; weekends sometimes. The management has an open door policy.
Overworked and underpaid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 17, 2016
A place where you work too much and the opportunities are taken from you consistently. The company passes the buck and rarely employs management that takes responsibilities for its missteps.
The only redeeming quality was the commission, but they keep lowering the percentage and making it harder and harder to earn them.
Many people like to try and steal from this store, which lowers your opinion about where you work.
Benefits, if you ever get them, are very expensive and cover little.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
poor management, poor pay, lack of hours, upper management over store management is rarely aware of what is going on
Lenscrafters
EyeWear Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 10, 2017
This was an awesome job when I was in college. Great base pay plus commission. I learned a lot about glasses and enhanced my selling abilities. Sometimes management can make the environment quite competitive.
Pros
Free Exam and Glasses Annually
Cons
short lunches, cut hours daily due to production
High stress
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 19, 2016
Very corporate environment with ever changing demands and requirements. Commission based off the store not the individual. Associate can make their goal but if the store does not make theirs associate make almost no commission. Long hours and long shifts. 1030-9 Monday - Saturday 1-6 sunday I worked every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Competition between retail and opticians for sales. Where optician make more that 3 times per hour what the retail associate. Opticians will push retail associates to dispense glasses so they can take sale rather than do what is in their job descriptions ie fit and adjust eyewear and diagones any optical issues patient may be experiencing.
Pros
Luxury brands, free pair of glasses per year complete of work any lenses with up to $500 on frames.
Cons
Long hours, poor commission program, 30 minute lunches
High end eyewear for the high end consumer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJuly 11, 2016
Primarily a sales position of selling eyewear from brands such as Oakley, Rayban, Maui Jim and many others. I found this is also a position in which educates customers of the importance of eyewear that is rated for high performance. I was an interim manager at my parent store while the store manager transitioned. After not being considered for a management position, many times later, I resigned and sought employment elsewhere. Still, it was a position that I still have fond memories of.
Pros
commission, high end retail, realistic goals
Cons
tough to make a career
Great job but not that many hours
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, ILJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoyed my job although the location I worked at was never busy therefore it made learning my position a very long process. The management was a mess and not organized.
Pros
flexible, 1st shift, benefits
Cons
management, lack of hours, training
I truly enjoy the job and the line of work but the management is questionable.
Eyewear Consultant and Certified Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMay 27, 2016
Working in the company for almost two years I had not received a pay increase, and was not getting the pay that was even close to comparable to other entry level jobs in the area. After I told my manager I was going to eave to find a better job he was bale to work it out so i got a decent pay. I really do enjoy the work and I have been fortunate to learn all I have though Luxottica about the optical world, but I do believe that the focus is not on taking care of the associates. I used to make more commission working 15 hours a week than I do now working full time. The pay is also fairly stagnant with very minimal pay increases yearly.
Pros
Benefits, ability to move up, training
Cons
Management, Associate treatment
fun workplace, family environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2017
i used to love coming into work everyday! small company, family feel. Great perks & benefits. Supportive and professional staff/management
Pros
benefits, rewards, high pay
Cons
cut hours during slow season
Good people, poor management
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 22, 2016
I love working for Luxottica as a whole, but the management is not very good. I love the people that I work with and the benefits are great. I am looking for a new position because I need to be more flexible with my school schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.