Luxottica Employee Reviews

Found 1,937 reviews matching the search
Great people poor leadership
Sales Supervisor/ Apprenticing Optician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 24, 2017
Good starter job but not in management. Make promises they don't keep. Greedy corporation! They overwork the good employees and underpay them. They also offer positions that are not available. Being an optical they are required by the board to always have a licensed optician on staff during office hours but because cut hours we can't support that.
Pros
Free glasses once a year
Cons
Underpay associates
Just say no
Assistant/Organizer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 24, 2017
If you are going to apply here, just remember that you have to work crazy hours and that the pay is not that great. The only person making money is the eye doctor, and they are very rude.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
NO Growth
Less than good
Target Optical Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 24, 2017
I love the people I work with, but this company itself does not really care about the individual. They do not put money into equipment, they do not concern themselves with staffing problems, and the pay is way too low for all that is expected.
Pros
my doctor and co-workers
Cons
computer system, pay
great benefits and flexible work environment
Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 23, 2017
Very fast paced environment, always something new to learn and experience. Supportive flexible workplace for the most part but structured towards tracking numbers excessively and too much micromanagement from upper management. Most rewarding is helping our patients/customers see better and improving their quality of life. Positive feedback and good relationships with customers makes it worth the effort.
Pros
health and retirement benefits great
Cons
competitive amongst employees, promotion from within uncommon
A Day At Luxottica
sortation (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 21, 2017
I did differ jobs at this company I was an order filler I pulled order and pack them to be ship, I worked on sortation line where I also pick and packed products to be shipped. Management was okay .
Productive and fun work place, very professional.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 21, 2017
A typical day at work was enjoyable, it was pleasure to interact with different types of customers and educate them on the different types of lenses and lens treatments. Management was very instrumental in teaching me new skills each day that made me more qualified to sell glasses confidently and quickly.
difficult
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2017
This jib could be difficult because you are calling customers to do something they could do for themselves. The responsibility of the workers were to schedule eye exams.
Good starting college job
Sales Representative / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2017
It is a good job to gain experience at while going to school full time.
There was no commission for the sales one generated, so the compensation was not the greatest; salary was hourly based.
No health benefits.
Poor management
Licensed Optician (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 19, 2017
This company hires managers with no optical background and experience. This creates a difficult and stressful work environment for the one part time optician on a shift. Ophthalmic Dispensing involves so much more than selling eyewear. It is a medical and technical field that is sadly, not taken seriously. The company hires a bunch of retail associates who , like the managers do not know what they are doing. I have seen many customers insult the staff for their stupid mistakes and take their business elsewhere. As an Optician, I can't blame them.
It is productive, but at times micro managed.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2017
I liked working there because everyone said good morning, and was pleasant. It was just micro managed. The work would run low at times, and they would have to find us something to do.
Pros
Nice Lunch area to eat un.
Cons
Micro managed.
great good to work for friendly and kind people
Return Clerk/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2017
*Being At This Job Taught Me ALOT Of THINGS socializing working great with people doing whatever the job was to make this company a successful job so far its any great job to work for
fast paced, up to date on current styles
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIApril 18, 2017
I love people fast paced always teaching and learning. Training is always available. Advancement is always available in all fields of development and room to grow
Pros
benefits. merchandise
Cons
stress
Place to get Educated
Eye Care Specialst (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAApril 18, 2017
i would arrive and get my schedule everyday to see who was on the appointments and see about selling them glasses or contacts.
Learned about the human eye and how important it is to take care of our health
overworked and underpaid.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLApril 17, 2017
no room for growth. sales managers assume full responsibility of store but do not receive store manager pay. End up doing things not listed in your job description. commission is a laughing stock, 1% of what you sell, it used to be 5%. no overtime. if you default to full time they will repeatedly switch you back to part time even though you have no option but to work full time. lastly upper management treats all staff below them as disposable.
Great company
Sales-Lead (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 16, 2017
When I first started working for the company I fell in love. It is by far one of the best companies to work for and had some of the best management ever. However growth within the company forced me to seek opportunities else where.
no direction
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 15, 2017
This company has no direction on where the company wants to go. Most field leadership has either been terminated or left. Very poor guidance from the district.
Loved Every minute!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 15, 2017
I loved working for Luxottica in Wilmington. Such a great and hard working team! Great benefits and awesome discounts. I really miss working for LensCrafters!
good job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 14, 2017
pays good if youre in highschool or colloege. very fun environment for the most part. The manager was cool. so were the employees. i only left because it was too far away at the time.
Fun and fast paced
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 13, 2017
Sunglass Hut/ Luxottica is a fast paced and fun job to work in. It's one of the best jobs I have worked but the flow and hours are inconsistent for my lifestyle and needs.
Pros
Paid Lunches, paid time off, easy vacation time, amazing discounts, free glasses
Cons
Single coverage, theft, low hours
It was a fun environment but I was alone most of the time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLApril 13, 2017
This was just a part time job and I cannot work retail. I was not allowed to sit at all even though I had a bad back. Also, the hours were very limited.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.