Our team at this luxury, boutique, designer hotel in Palm Springs is looking for a new Hotel Manager. This sophisticated and chic property needs a charismatic leader with hotel experience to lead the hotel operations.
The Hotel Manager is directly responsible for the organization and supervision of the Front Office, while also overseeing Housekeeping, Engineering, Spa, Security and Bell/Valet. The Hotel Manager will assist the General Manager in all facets of managing the entire operation and act as the Manager on Duty. Experience with Revenue Management is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as Manager on Duty for the hotel, interact with guests and resolve any guest issues in a timely manner while creating an attitude of service among the staff
- Coordinate operations departments of the hotel for the benefit of our guests and for maximum guest service
- Supervise and develop the performance of all hotel operating departments including, but not limited to: Front Office, Housekeeping, Engineering, Spa, Bell/Valet and Security to insure the highest possible levels of guest satisfaction in a cost efficient manner.
- Assist in managing rates and inventory both in the PMS and with OTA’s
- Be responsible for the guest service survey system and respond to guest surveys both in the system and online
- Create a customer responsive culture where exceptional customer service prevails.
- Coordination of stay details for VIP’s and act as point of contact
- Actively participate in the hiring process of all exempt & non-exempt employees in all operating departments
- Meet or exceed established budgetary & forecast guidelines for the hotel.
- Acts as main liaison for accounting in researching chargebacks, deposits, or other finance related issues and responds in a timely manner
- Adhere to monthly financial reporting deadlines
- Protect and enhance the value of all hotel assets through appropriate programs in Maintenance, Security, Housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process.
- Directly coordinate the preventative maintenance program between Housekeeping and Engineering
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings regarding the hotel's financial performance, and provide controls to ensure the proper handling and accounting for all hotel receipts.
- Review, code, and approve all operating expenses and ensure that they meet budgetary & forecast guidelines.
- Maintain the rooms revenue forecast and monthly expense checkbook
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate internal/external guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive internal/external guest relations at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of: status of hotel room count, group arrival, VIP’s, special events and knowledge of job responsibility of staff.
- Daily inspection of guest rooms, public areas, restaurant, spa, pool courtyard, gardens and landscaping, and all back of house areas.
- Provide feedback on staff performance.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Minimum five years experience in supervising or managing in a boutique hotel environment, with emphasis in the rooms division
- Advanced computer knowledge required – MS Excel/Outlook/Word, Hotel Property Management Systems, Credit Card interface systems, Online profile management system, EZYield, GDS
- Open availability required including Holidays and weekends
- Criminal background check
- Exceptional Written & Verbal communication skills are a must
Compensation is commensurate with experience