Lycoming College Employee Reviews in United States

Very flexible
Tutor and Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 7, 2015
Part-Time while going to Lycoming.
All your co-workers are your fellow peers.
Most enjoyable part is helping others excel in mathematics.
The Math and Education Departments are very helpful.
Great place to develop interpersonal skills
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 7, 2015
As a college student I strive to participate in as many activities as I can and Lycoming provides many areas of interest where I can go into.
Lycoming College
Assistant to the Field Director (Former Employee) –  Montoursville, PASeptember 24, 2015
I worked in the dining services department for Lycoming College. It was enjyable work because the people I worked with were great and funny. I learned about food saftey and managment.
Pros
fun people
Cons
A good balance of work and study
Grounds Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 18, 2015
The school employed students so it was nice to work along side of my fellow students. The way the school set up the work schedule gave a good balance of time to work with plenty of time to study.
Lycoming College, more than a small liberal arts college
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 24, 2015
Working here has been a growing experience and enriched my life in ways I didn't expect. The size of the school allows for getting to the heart of learning on an individual level. The community is extremely supportive. This is fertile ground for reaching one's goals.
Pros
Beautiful place, supportice faculty and staff, knowageable academics
Cons
Very small town, inclement weather
Team Environment was good
Crew (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJanuary 24, 2015
Good environment to work in. They supported you in everything and provided advice and reviews to improve your skills
Final College Experience
Director (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 4, 2014
For my final college project, I directed and designed two separate productions at the same time. I learned managing and planning skills along with the full directing and design process including presenting thematic ideas, creating prompt books, analyzing scripts, casting actors, and more. The theatre department is extremely supportive and I am glad to have had such a strong collaborative team. The hardest part of the job was balancing hours of planning and rehearsals with life, as rehearsals would often last until later than 11:00pm after a day of classes. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the evolution and improvement of the shows and seeing the final products.
Pros
small classes, collaborative teams, hands-on experience, multitasking
Productive and Fun Work Place
Student Programs and Leadership Development (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 25, 2014
Working for Lycoming College was fun, convenient, and an amazing learning experience in Reception and Desk Work.
Music Department: great faculty, mediocre students
Piano Teacher/Accompanist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 23, 2014
Lycoming College offers wonderful opportunities for students that want to pursue music professionally within the Williamsport area. The small school size fosters relationships between students and faculty that would normally not be found at a larger school. This close contact between student and faculty makes it easier for the student to excel. However, most of the students do not have standard college level knowledge and/or skills. The music department has only about a dozen music majors out of 1500 students. The skill level of the students in the ensembles matches that of a serious middle school or an average high school.
Pros
professional faculty
Cons
unmotivated students, sub-par musical skills
A Balance of Work and Freedom
Music (Jazz) Historian/Librarian (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 20, 2014
Considering this was a work-study type of job, my experience was not bad. I had originally fallen into this position when the previous Historian/Librarian graduated and chose me as her replacement. The work is easy (although tedious) and having the ability to work around my own schedule was a plus. As long as the work gets done nobody really cares when exactly it got done.
That freedom of choosing my own hours did have a slight negative effect though - I learned the hard way in my first week or so that you cannot slack off too much. I had to rush to make sure everything was ready for practice. After vowing to never do that again, I eventually fell into a routine which allowed me freedom in my schedule yet left me with enough time to get everything done.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to be a part of the performance behind-the-scenes. While I was in the ensemble itself, I gained a certain satisfaction from knowing I was also helping to improve the group by working with the conductor(s) and choosing the music, etc.
Pros
work around your own schedule
Cons
assignments can be tedious at times
A Liberal Arts Work Experience
Video Spokesperson, Tour Guide, Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  College Relations, Admissions, Writing CenterJanuary 28, 2014
As a student and an employee of Lycoming College, I've developed a cacophony of professional skills. From working directly with the marketing department as a video spokesperson to produce informative, yet fun online videos to working one-on-one with fellow students in Lycoming's writing center as a writing tutor, I've learned almost as much from my work experiences as I have from my individual classes.
Excellent place to work.
Telecommunications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 17, 2013
Lycoming College was an excellent place to work, and would highly recommend it to anyone. A typical day at work is very pleasant; I learned a great deal about computers, as well as telephones, working with spread sheets, budgets and time management.

The Manager I worked for, was an excellent instructor relative to ITS information, and my co-workers for the most part were top notch.

The hardest part of the job was leaving the College 10/25/13, and moving to South Carolina; the most enjoyable part of the job was going to work each day, and knowing that I'd be learning something new each day.
Pros
pleasant surroundings and people to work with.
Great place
Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 25, 2013
Great place to work at
Teaching different classes
Good relationships among the co-workers
It was nice to be able to work on campus while I was in school.
Teacher's Assistant and Food Service (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 11, 2013
I was able to work with some of my professors and classmates which helped me develop my relationships with them.
College Job
Intramural Sports Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 17, 2013
Able to work and do school work.
Good way to build leadership and work ethic.
The individuals and staff I worked with were great!
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 23, 2013
I basically introduced freshman to college life and assisted them in making decisions necessary to the start of college. I also answered questions from the incoming students and their parents.
Great workplace with an awesome boss
Recreation Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 7, 2012
I work at the Rec Center and for the Residential Life Office.
Very boring and Slow day at work
"Sodexo" Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 18, 2012
Mornings open at about 6am. Breakfast rush was busy then got really slow through out the day till dinner. Student were Friendly for the most part.
Pros
free lunches and uniform.
Cons
half hour breaks sometimes shorter.

4.6