Full-time Residential Nurse Position
A registered nurse (RN) or a licensed practical nurse (LPN) licensed and registered in the state of Illinois. At least two years of experience in nursing field. Must be willing and able to support the mission of Lydia Home Association (LHA).
Experience in mental health nursing; experience working with children; excellent organizational skills; good communication skills; ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
1. Plan, develop, and administer a program of health care services for each child in LHA’s residential program.
2. Maintain necessary medical records.
3. Ensure that consents for medical services and psychotropic medications are obtained and maintained current.
4. Consult with children on medical problems.
5. Be aware of and follow all agency and DCFS policies regarding health and medical care and services.
6. Establish necessary medical policies and procedures and instruct staff in following them.
7. Establish emergency medical procedures and ensure they are being implemented.
8. Provide training for staff regarding the handling and storage of hazardous materials, and medical procedures appropriate for residents with contagious disorders.
9. Coordinate psychiatric visits and evaluations.
10. Ensure proper administration, storage, documentation, and disposal of medication.
11. Maintain current licensure/certification required for administering psychotropic medications.
12. Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement activities.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
$37,500 - $45,000, depending on qualifications and experience
Please submit cover letter and resume.