Lyft Employee Reviews

great place to work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2017
no typical at lyft. earnings dependent on effort, location, car etc. Lyft was a great place for me allowing flexibility to set my own hours and forcing me to be responsibile for my own "work place". it is important to manage car maintenance and expenses to optimize earnings.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no guarantees
Good job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2017
I like this job because there is a lot of freedom. Worked in banking and retail many years and worked so hard and still could not live how I wanted. I see a lot of people complaining about wear and tear on car and pay but at the end of the day it's better to do this then take a job making 9-10 a hour standing on your feet, being up under a manager for 8-10 hours a day and still only making maybe 300 something a week. Don't get me wrong there are slow times but I live in philly and most of the time that only last for about a day. There is always something going on in and around this city. You have to plan and also pay attention to the emails they send you to tell you when and where to go. I only drive about 25 hours a week and always make between 350-450. And as far as my car I never drive 8 hours a day. It's just not necessary. At the end of the day work smart not hard and yes it is a lot of driving but you get tired you can do what you want. Go home take a break whatever. Still better then regular miserable job
Pros
Freedom!
Cons
None, just be self motivated
takes care of there drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 25, 2017
they have a simple and easy sign up and the team was very helpful I had nothing but positive experiences with the customer and the and management I'm still signed up and will still drive
Good Extra Money
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CAJuly 24, 2017
Good part time money.
Have to deal with annoying and superior passengers but that's to be expected. Hopefully some drunk person throws up in your car because you get more money for it than it costs to clean for sure.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
worse pay than advertised
ambiente para conocer diferentes personas
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 23, 2017
Es una empresa que da oportunidad de poner a los conductores como parte primordial de la empresa se trabaja duro y se conoce diferente tipo de personas
Customer service
Rideshare Driver (Current Employee) –  Dedtroit, MIJuly 23, 2017
I really enjoy meeting new people everyday. I get to drive to nearby cities that I have never seen before. Most of the customers are very nice and they appreciate what I do.
Pros
Knowing my city.
Cons
Can not retire doing this job.
Fun and entertaining
Driver (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 22, 2017
Good work for part time work. If full time must work lots of hours ..... ..... ..... .... .... .... ....fun place to work and meet interesting people.
Pros
Your own schedule
Cons
Must work lots of hours to make it lucrative.
Best Place to Work
Community advocate for Lyft (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 22, 2017
I have been employed with Lyft for almost a year now. Lyft has been one of the best companies to work for. They are all about their employees, making sure the employees are happy, comfortable and the job is not stressful. I enjoy what I do for Lyft and would recommend the job to anyone.
Pros
Catered lunches, team outings, free snacks in the break rooms
Caring management, great work/life balance, decent money.
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2017
There is no hardest part of the job. All aspects are doable, but it does take effort to make every ride enjoyable and comfortable for your guests. Different people have different preferences as to how much they want to socialize with you. Also,being sharp on the navigation and driving at the same time is a learned art form. I really like this job, meeting nice people is the best part!
rudy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2017
I just drive people to their destination. I don't really have a lot of contact with Lyft.
They are there when I need them.
They pay according to the rides you give.
They are friendly.
Enjoyable Employment Avenue to go Down
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Town of Waukesha, WIJuly 18, 2017
With Lyft, you drive when you want, where you want, pick up who you want, and you earn decent money while doing so. You can get bonuses for joining, or, even referring friends will net you extra money once you sign up for the program. Another great thing about Lyft is that I can call support and have all my questions answered through my app, and my passengers can also call me via the app if either of us get lost trying to rendezvous. The hardest part about this job is literally finding where the passenger is initially, and the most enjoyable part of this job, for me, are the conversations you can have with your patrons.
Pros
Fun and engaging customers, relatively stress-free, decent pay
Cons
Autobody repairs happen more frequently, car degradation happens faster than normal
Great Job
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2017
Great job with caring customer service and employee assistance. Relaxed working environment and a wonderful way to meet new people. If you ever encounter any issues the staff will take care of any problems and meet your satisfaction.
lyft diver
driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2017
es dificil vivir con un sueldo como el mio y el sueldo es muy dificil de tener cada mes
Pros
descanso cuando quiero
Cons
no paga mucho
Great experience!
Chauffeur/Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2017
While working for Lyft may not be the best paying job, it is very rewarding as I am learning all of the Los Angeles area AND I meet a very diverse group of people. Again, very rewarding!
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Long hours, little pay
You are on your own, no guarantee on pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2017
Its great because you get to work your own hours and choose your schedule, but you have to work lots of hours to be paid well. my best week was $1000 and i worked about 60 hours. Most of your money will be made driving at night. Daytime driving isn't as profitable
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
no guarantee on pay, too much competition, and most of your money is made driving in the nighttime
great part-time job
Personal Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2017
My experience with Lyft has been great so far, a typical day working as a lyft driver can vary from a good day of having request for rides and some days to no request at all. I have learned to communicate and understand peoples needs and the expedited service depending on the time Workplace environment can vary depending on the type of customer you accept during the request, some are really nice and like to have conversation and some prefer just the radio while they are riding with lyft. The hardest part of the job is when there are no request for ride, and some day you lose money by wasting time, gas, and energy. The most enjoyable experience working with lyft has been the entertainment I once In a while I get from a ride request, such as having a rider that loves to have conversation on a subject that interests my opinion.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
stricted to work during busy events, holidays, weekend to make money
Good
Mentor-Hiring & Training (Current Employee) –  dfwJuly 12, 2017
enjoy the flexibility, allows me to want as much or little as I would like, great culture focused on customers and employees, wish the mentor program was still in place
Flexible
Self Employed Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
Great salary. Flexible. Fun. Depends on who you pick up. Interesting. A good job if you want to be paid the same day. Very easy laid back job. You just have to be weary of some customers.
Cons
sketchy passengers
Its a good job is you don't want to deal with a regular job schedule
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
I've been driving since August summer 2016. For the most part I only drive part time. I don't drive at night mostly during the day. Meet lots of people
Pros
Get to Drive when you want and make as much as you want
Cons
Unless you drive all day and some nights your not going to make as much as planned
A good experience.
DRIVER PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2017
I've had a good experience driving for Lyft. Lately, I haven't made as much money driving for them as I used to, and the lack of benefits has kept me on mediocre health insurance through the ACA. I'd like to seek better employment opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9