Lyft Employee Reviews

lyft is a fairly useful company that proivides a useful and economic service
Lyft Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed providing the services that are available from uber and lyft. we are very useful alternatives to the outdated taxi service that is over priced and untimely. although theses services are not as widely available as one would prefer. when we are available we are a far superior option than costly lemo's and grungy cabs. in my typicalday I would pick up and engage in thrilling conversation topics that were as varied as the clients that I transported. I learned that the sheer variety of personalities in this world can be a refreshing blast of originality to an otherwise plain life.the hardest part of the job was usually making sure that the pickup locations correctly corresponded with the digital maps representation. I enjoyed being on the road making money on my terms the most.
Pros
fast pased, never the same job twice, always new scenery, i was in control.
Cons
some times the hours were at odd times, picking up people i didnt know, not much excersise to be had
So much fun to work there and meeting new people
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2017
Meeting new people every day is a good experience. Knowing that you have a responsibility with every person that get into your vehicle. So many things to learn about this job.
Pros
Fun rides
Cons
Insurance
Your own boss
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2017
You are able to set your own schedule. Best suited for part time work. It is fun you are always meeting new people. Potential to make quick money if you hustle.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Wear and tear on vehicle. Full time lots of hours.
Great money while working on your own time
Lyft Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2017
I love driving for lyft if i didn't loose my car i would still be working for them. I love how convenient it is, with me being a single mother in school I was able to make money on my own time. The only thing I didn't like was, since you make money from picking up if its slow or weather is bad it is not a stable income.
Pros
get paid everyday
Cons
when its slow and not a lot of people are getting rides
Productive and fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 27, 2017
I worked for Uber and Lyft at the same time, anybody could do that. The only bad thing about these jobs is that you wear and tare your car if you hse your own.
Very good company to work for
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 26, 2017
Great way to meet and interact with new people. I love being able to make my hours thru the week and the convenience of being able to use my own vehicle.
Flexible
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAMarch 23, 2017
Driving for Lyft is a very good way to earn income. With lyft you have the flexibility and freedom to work when you like and to earn as much as you like.
Fun to make your own hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 22, 2017
great fun to make your own hours but its tough on your car. In order to do a job like this you need to be motivated to go out and drive everyday in order to make it worth your time. also remember to keep track of all your miles.
Love working on my own set time
Personal driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2017
This job is fun! Not other way to put it. You get to work the hours that you would like, meet new people all day long, have great conversations AND make money! It's perfect for when you just need a few extra hours or bored on the weekend. I have enjoyed driving for this company.
Flexible hours, decent pay
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2017
Easy work, flexible hours, and new personal encounters on a regular basis. Great source of income if between jobs. Company does not respond to driver complaints and there is no real job security. If customer falsified any claims there is no way to dispute it and they do not investigate before penalizing driver. There is no face to face contact, telephone numbers, or real driver support. Customers WILL lie in order to get refunded on surge prices. Driver Beware!!!
Pros
Pay, schedule, people
Cons
Poor ethics, no job security, no benefits, unresponsive response team, no room for growth, no telephone numbers
Great part-time job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2017
Enjoy driving people around for pay. Learn about my city. Lyft treats its drivers prettty well. They physically inspected my car and did a thorough background check.
Pros
Complete control over your work schedule and hours
Cons
Pay can be horrible. You pay for your own gas and expenses, .
Excellent Working Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  from anywhere in your areaMarch 19, 2017
Great company to work for if your working to set your own schedule and hours. Compensation rises the more you drive for Lyft which can include bonuses.
Pros
Set your own schedule compensation will increase on more rides given
Cons
have to email for customer support and wait for response time could be a day longer
Lyft driver
Ambassador and Driver (Current Employee) –  DC Metropolitan AreaMarch 18, 2017
The benefits of this job is totally dependent upon the amount of effort and time a person puts into it. You have the opportunity to network with people from all different backgrounds .
Great Flexibility
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2017
Love the flexibility of being able to work when and how long I want, however the opportunity for advancement and the compensation/benefits for the time put in is not comparable.
Flexible and Rewarding Job
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 17, 2017
I love to drive so the perk of this job for me was being able to do something I enjoy! I love the schedule that I stick to and there are a lot of rewards for being a lyft driver. It's also a fun subject and a fun thing to be involved with. It's a booming business and I'm one of the first lyft drivers in the world!
I wished I would have started sooner
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 14, 2017
Awesome !!! Its works if you work it
Always be safe.. Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Look at it like this

“When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed.” Fred Rogers
Pros
Everything !!
Cons
Nothing!!c
Its fits into those extra hours
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 14, 2017
Lyft is great for making a little extra money on those days off. I can work when I want. Unfortunately, driving for Lyft in Albuquerque is a bit on the slow side.
culture
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 11, 2017
mostly good people for riders. alot of people assume that i can see where they are going before i can pick them up (which i can NOT) and it doesnt sit well with those people and they rate me bad.
Pros
better pay than Uber
Cons
no benefits. THEY DO NOT TAKE TAXES OUT!!!!
Not good to their word
Driver (Former Employee) –  New MexicoMarch 10, 2017
I was told when I signed up that after 100 rides I would recive 500 sign on bonus but when I made 100 I asked and they said I didnt sign on with a proper promo code so I wont get it what a rip off!! Don't bother they just sucker you in that way.
Thanks for nothing LYFT
Independent Contractor
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 9, 2017
I really enjoy working for Lyft. You get to set your own hours and there is no limitation to earnings. You get to really branch out and network with every customer that you encounter, in turn making potential friends and opening up potential career opportunities as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8