Lyft Employee Reviews

rudy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2017
I just drive people to their destination. I don't really have a lot of contact with Lyft.
They are there when I need them.
They pay according to the rides you give.
They are friendly.
Enjoyable Employment Avenue to go Down
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Town of Waukesha, WIJuly 18, 2017
With Lyft, you drive when you want, where you want, pick up who you want, and you earn decent money while doing so. You can get bonuses for joining, or, even referring friends will net you extra money once you sign up for the program. Another great thing about Lyft is that I can call support and have all my questions answered through my app, and my passengers can also call me via the app if either of us get lost trying to rendezvous. The hardest part about this job is literally finding where the passenger is initially, and the most enjoyable part of this job, for me, are the conversations you can have with your patrons.
Pros
Fun and engaging customers, relatively stress-free, decent pay
Cons
Autobody repairs happen more frequently, car degradation happens faster than normal
Great Job
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2017
Great job with caring customer service and employee assistance. Relaxed working environment and a wonderful way to meet new people. If you ever encounter any issues the staff will take care of any problems and meet your satisfaction.
lyft diver
driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2017
es dificil vivir con un sueldo como el mio y el sueldo es muy dificil de tener cada mes
Pros
descanso cuando quiero
Cons
no paga mucho
Great experience!
Chauffeur/Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2017
While working for Lyft may not be the best paying job, it is very rewarding as I am learning all of the Los Angeles area AND I meet a very diverse group of people. Again, very rewarding!
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Long hours, little pay
You are on your own, no guarantee on pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2017
Its great because you get to work your own hours and choose your schedule, but you have to work lots of hours to be paid well. my best week was $1000 and i worked about 60 hours. Most of your money will be made driving at night. Daytime driving isn't as profitable
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
no guarantee on pay, too much competition, and most of your money is made driving in the nighttime
great part-time job
Personal Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2017
My experience with Lyft has been great so far, a typical day working as a lyft driver can vary from a good day of having request for rides and some days to no request at all. I have learned to communicate and understand peoples needs and the expedited service depending on the time Workplace environment can vary depending on the type of customer you accept during the request, some are really nice and like to have conversation and some prefer just the radio while they are riding with lyft. The hardest part of the job is when there are no request for ride, and some day you lose money by wasting time, gas, and energy. The most enjoyable experience working with lyft has been the entertainment I once In a while I get from a ride request, such as having a rider that loves to have conversation on a subject that interests my opinion.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
stricted to work during busy events, holidays, weekend to make money
Good
Mentor-Hiring & Training (Current Employee) –  dfwJuly 12, 2017
enjoy the flexibility, allows me to want as much or little as I would like, great culture focused on customers and employees, wish the mentor program was still in place
Flexible
Self Employed Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
Great salary. Flexible. Fun. Depends on who you pick up. Interesting. A good job if you want to be paid the same day. Very easy laid back job. You just have to be weary of some customers.
Cons
sketchy passengers
Its a good job is you don't want to deal with a regular job schedule
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
I've been driving since August summer 2016. For the most part I only drive part time. I don't drive at night mostly during the day. Meet lots of people
Pros
Get to Drive when you want and make as much as you want
Cons
Unless you drive all day and some nights your not going to make as much as planned

Want to know more about Lyft?

Ask a question
A good experience.
DRIVER PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2017
I've had a good experience driving for Lyft. Lately, I haven't made as much money driving for them as I used to, and the lack of benefits has kept me on mediocre health insurance through the ACA. I'd like to seek better employment opportunities.
Fair way to make some pocket change.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2017
Good way to make extra money on your down time. Not to be used as a full time job. You are using your gas, your car(wear and tear) and once they take out their commission how much are your really making? The average ride is a 6$ fare. There are times when you may sit and wait 1-2 hours before you get a rider, and that ride could be between 5-10 dollars. After they take out their 25% commission and the gas you put in for the day how much have your really made? The company is a tad bit better than Uber, but they to are tilted more towards the benefit of the rider not the driver.
Pros
You can get paid every day immediately, Some riders will leave you a tip.
Cons
Some riders are very rude and disrespectful, the company allows low rated riders to continue to use the service, they will deactivate you if you do not pick up low rated riders
Scheduling freedom mixed with inconsistent demand
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 11, 2017
I love being a Lyft driver, the opportunity to meet new people from all walks of life is something that is hard to manage in other areas of life. The tough part of the job is the sometimes long stretches of downtime in-between passengers, especially during off-hours. Some areas in the Bay Area have drastically different demands for drivers so your mileage may vary. Speaking of mileage... it's a constant expense that is sometimes not accounted for and after it has been calculated the actual earnings of the job are very poor. Using an app like Everlance can help keep track of the actual cost of your miles when planning a budget and for tax reasons, however. Overall, if you like driving and meeting new people I would recommend it.
Pros
Scheduling freedom, Meet new people, Low barrier of entry
Cons
Expensive operating conditions, Occasional downtimes
Fun workplace
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
Opportunity to set own schedule
Meet new people every day.
hardest part of job is driving drunk people.
What I learned was to never judge people by their looks.
Turn and burn system, terrible to their drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 11, 2017
I have worked for Lyft for a year now hold a 4.9/5 star rating depending on the month and given 2000 rides. I was always a company man, thought they were the best thing. However, other drivers would tell me how terrible their support is and complain about the long chain of emails if you needed help, and the lack of any prompt response. Turns out all that is true. See Lyft is great if you never need to contact them about your car, payment or any other matter. Their support is horrendous. Takes days to get a single email response and then, another day later they will reply to your reply. Meanwhile you are in need of someone to talk to. They do not value the driver at all. Stay away from this company. You will wreck your vehicle and lose money in the end.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No support, terrible leadership
I love lyft
Driver Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
Great company to work for . I'm happy to drive around South Florida and meet great customer ! Lyft has help me a lot financially and I have more time with my daughter and family
Pros
Flexibility and great pay tips is a plus!
Great for personal freedom...high car expenses after 2 years
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2017
Lyft has treated me well and I enjoy choosing my own hours. If you work 40-50 hours a week you can make 800-900/week. But be careful if you use your own car. Gas costs, maintenance costs, increased insurance costs....it all adds up as well as depreciation on your car and taxes you have to pay on your own.

I'd say the optimum choice for this job is do it full time for 2 years while you're exploring finding your dream job.
Pros
freedom to choose your own hours
Cons
accumulating car expenses each year
Low Compensation, Terrible Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2017
I worked for Lyft for 3 months, putting in over 12 hours each day. Overall, I actually lost money on gas most days when driving. Lyft is a scummy company that preys on people who don't have a background in the transportation industry.
Pros
Cons
Bad compensation, No benefits
Convenient
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 10, 2017
Worked with my school hours and personal time. The only problem was i didnt make enough to pay for all my bills and the company doesnt tax you so you have to figure that out on your own an report it what you made. which really cuts back on your paycheck.
Pros
fun and flexible
Cons
pay out is a little confusing, to much money taken out of commitions
Puts alot of miles on your car which is not good for a full time gig but definitely something to do for some extra cash.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 9, 2017
It definitely depends on the area you live in, if it's not a busy city or a lot of people don't use Lyft then it's pretty much useless. However If you live close to a city that is busy and lucrative for you, you can go there to drive. Then you'll have to drive all the way back home after driving there.

You meet all sorts of people. Cool & crazy.
Driving a lot takes you all over the place, to the weirdest or coolest places. You drive so much you forget where you are sometimes.
No one has ever acted rude or offensive to me as a driver, hopefully never. I've never had anyone puke in my car as well.

Thing is, Because it's so easy to get paid so immediately you choose your own schedule, you can just choose not to work, but you'll never know for sure if you can make the money you need in that day that you DO decide to work.
Pros
learning the streets in the city, meeting new people, Immediate gratification.
Cons
alot of miles, alot of driving, long awkward silences with strangers, anyone can get in your car.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9