Lyft

Lyft Employer Reviews

Great energy, lots of perks!
Customer Support (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great health benefits, fun
Cons: favortism, inexperienced management
Best part of this company is the people. Everyone is high energy and very smart. These people become your family.

Lots of opportunity to grow with the right manager.
If you like people...
Driver (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: make your own schedule, make some extra money, super fun!
Cons: no gas stipend or rewards program, no one to directly call when you need assistance.
Working for Lyft has been awesome but it's pretty inconsistent. Knowing when to drive to make the best money is the key. I suggest it for anyone with a job just looking to make a little extra cash.
Lyft has a spectacular business model and they seem to take care of their drivers.
Lyft stands for slavery!
Driver (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 22, 2015
Cons: exploitative company
Lyft is a horrible company! They treat their drivers like slaves. That's because they don't invest a single penny in them. They take them for granted. I worked for that company one WEEK only and they fired me for 0.1 point of rating below their standard rating. They never sent me a complaint or a warning. I then received another email from them confirming that I was deactivated for the age of my car. Based on this email, I went ahead and bought a $12,000 car on loans. However, they refused to reactivate me and acted as if they never sent me anything. Screw their app! My whole family and I have already deleted it. I will tell the world about this situation. They are nothing but an opportunistic and exploitative company!
Lyft depersonalizes people. They dont care about the drivers
Driver (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: set your own hours
Cons: poor money, no support, high overhead
When I was first introduced to Lyft in September 2014 you could earn $200-$400 a day driving about 9 hours per. Then Lyft decided they didn't want to lose a single call so they saturated the city with drivers. Now earnings for the same 9 hour day have shrunk to $60-$140.

I drive in San Francisco. A city famous for its hills. These hills will wear out brakes and rotors in less than 2 years.

Heads up to prospective drivers...When you are an independent contractor you must set aside money for taxes. The current rate for independent contractors making under $113,000.00 is 15.3%

So if I make $100 after Lyft takes its fees and I then subtract out my gas, taxes, car cleaning expenses, and set aside a few bucks for whatever repair bill that comes up, I will show a whopping $40 for the shift. And Lyft encourages people to buy their customers treats.

However, you can write off the repairs, gas, and a portion of your cell phone bill. You can write off your insurance if you want to tell your insurer you are using the car for commercial purposes.
Great Company
Driver (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 2, 2015
Great for side cash or vacation money. If you owe money on your car...be aware of the wear and tear! I would recommend this to anyone
Do not work for them!
driver (Current Employee), denverFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: work your own hours- no boss
Cons: your job is in customers hands- and totally unfair rating system
Their whole thing is based on the customer's perspective and rating of you. You can have the cleanest, nicest car. You can provide treats and treat the customers really great, and still get canned out of nowhere because customer's rate you like idiots! I hate this company and despise the rating system.
fun and productive
Driving associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2015
its a great way way to make money on your own hours and meet friendly people through out the day.
Lyft Driver
Driver (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
Lyft has created a friendly, respectful clientele that makes working a pleasure, even late on a weekend night.
hmmmmm
waiting for Test Drive (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: no real boss standing over u
Cons: just does;t seem as simple as some are posting, hmm could it be that the company is posting??
After reading all these reviews I have to stick to my old job with my mean boss! I was planning on quiting my job and going with this till I start my new job in a few months but its just not worht it. Dang, what sounds good isn't always good for you huh? Thanks to all the honest people that posted a true review, it helps to know the Pro's and the Con's
Fun workplace, Get to meet amazing new people, Own scheduling
Driver (Current Employee), Boulder, CO.January 13, 2015
Pros: own schedule, open opportunity to make money dependent on me
Cons: lots of down time some days, and gas prices varying
I work for myself as a driver for lyft, a typical work day consisted of anywhere from 3-6 hrs of work. I mostly work out of Boulder, sometimes denver and my routes usually don't last longer than, about 20-30 mins. I love the opportunity to meet so many diverse people and kind of get to experience so many different aspects of life.
Since I work for myself I don't have co-workers per say I do have fellow lyft drivers all of which are pretty independent and fairly down to earth people.
I love getting the opportunity to make my own schedule so I have time to spend with family, and really getting to start my new family.
Fun and Upbeat
Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: great tips
Cons: low wage
I enjoyed working here it was high energy, fast paced and I got to meet lots of new people
Great Job, Make my own Schedule.
Independent Contractor/Driver (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 10, 2014
This is a Great Job, I make my own schedule but the Business has really slowed up.
A Day With Lyft
Driver/ Mentor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2014
A typical day working with Lyft is just providing people with an easier way to get around. Meeting different people is very fun to be surrounded by so many personality's. Thing's I've picked up is everyone isn't easy to talk to our always in a good mood,But it's my job to make sure they leave my vehicle with a smile. My co-workers are great fun people all carry themselves with positive attitudes. i have yet to encounter anything hard about my job i love every second of it literally, What i enjoy most is that i get my passengers (PAX) To there destination safely.
Productive and fun working evenviroment
Driver/Courier (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: easy money, flexible, set own hours
Cons: short break, rude customers, fatigue from driving too much
Very fun and easy job for college student. Job pays well and very flexible with work hour. Overall great job for anybody who loves customer service based.
Good company easy going enjoy earning extra money
Mentor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: wait for rides
Fun enjoying working here to make extra money weekend are good
Lyft, don't be fooled by the hype!
Driver (Current Employee), San DiegoOctober 7, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: not enough demand, lots of competition for lyfts, must pay for gas, car maintenance, etc., rating system is arbitrary, lack of follow through when communicating with lyft corporate
I have worked for Lyft in San Diego for over six months now. Not a terribly long time, but enough of a sample size to write a review. Overall, aside from Friday and Saturday night, it is very difficult to make a living driving for Lyft. There is a saturation of drivers in San Diego and the demand does not equal the supply. Additionally, the 20% cost that Lyft charges from your earnings is substantial considering that the driver must pay for gas, car maintenance, insurance, taxes, etc. Furthermore, the "prime time" hours are hit and miss. Some days I would receive multiple Lyfts within the coverage area, while on other days, I sat in the prime time area for over two hours without receiving one Lyft request. In the end, the flexibility of the hours is appealing to most and there is some money to be made, but at what cost to your car and your time?
Drivers Lose Money Funding Company
Driver (Former Employee), Sacramento CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: set own work hours
Cons: lose money, time, wear & tear on car & resources
Concept for drivers is great-no boss, work own hours, paid once a week. There is a window of time when a driver can make decent money after expenses Problem is Lyft hires so many more drivers than an area can support. Lyft is in a competition war so Lyft has drastically dropped rates for customers by 35% w/o advance notice to drivers. As a result of Lyft's actions, drivers earnings fell by 35% & there are so many drivers competing for the same number of customers that earnings dropped DRASTICALLY.
Example: drove 7 hours earned $12.00 & spent $20.00 in gas. Drove all day for 3 days in "Prime Time" locations/times (company alerts drivers of Prime Time locations saying drivers could earn 25-100% more at that time in that area) & had ZERO rides. Time driving = 30 hours, Earnings = $0.00, Cost to drive = $40.00 in gas, drivers hrly rate = ???? & wear & tear on car.
Majority of Customers are great, fun & interesting.Customers love having an alternative to taxis for many reasons.
BUT Lyft asks Drivers, by way of veiled incentives & a rah rah Lyft Community, to hustle for both drivers & customers. So as a driver you get people to sign on Lyft as drivers in DIRECT COMPETITION with you!!!
Become a Driver!!! Drain your resources while increasing Lyft's business!!!
Innovative and Exciting new job experience
Driver (Current Employee), Providence, RISeptember 29, 2014
Great job for those looking to pick up a 2nd or 3rd job. Incredible flexibility in scheduling to meet your daily time constraints and surprisingly good pay with plenty of perks and financial boost opportunities offered on a regular basis.
Meeting new people
Community driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: making your own hours, making new friends, benefits for being a lyft driver, being able to have a break anytime, paid once a week
Cons: paying for your own gas, extra mileage on your car, drink people getting sick in your car
My typical day at work is filled with meeting new people from all over.. I love socializing with everyone that needs a ride.
Lyft is not fair to the drivers
driver (Former Employee), southern califSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: none right now
Cons: can't make a living
Lyft doesn't let u make a living. Spend 57 hours working and make 415.00 less 160.00 in fuel and there u have it. I work 7 days a week. The keep cutting the rates and it hurts us. I've sent out 70k ads on my lyft code for a 10.00 bonus to me and had 2 friends sign up and I have yet to see any type of 10.00 bonus. They are using a bunch of high turnover rate to keep going. They should have rates close to 80% of taxi rates so they drivers can give good reviews. Stay away until they raise the rates. They are fighting UBER for riders and it's not fair to us. I know how to get rides, but money is not there.

About Lyft

Lyft is your friend with a car. Drivers are matched with passengers who request rides through the Lyft iPhone or Android app. – Read more