Lyft Employee Reviews in United States

love working with people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 30, 2016
I love working for lyft you meet alot of people and have lots of fun. I like getting to meet a bunch of diffrent personalities. The pay is good and I just love to drive
Great Employer
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2016
Lyft is a great company that gives you an opportunity to make money on your own time, which I love. One of the great benefits working for Lyft is that you able to meet new people everyday, which I like.
Very flexible hours and normal pay rate.
Driver and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2016
I enjoyed picking and dropping off passengers to their destinations as I met interesting people, my social skills expanded.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No compensation and benefits
Work when and where you want but trash your car.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2016
If you are the kind of person who wants to work but is experiencing difficulty finding work in the current job market, Lyft can help you pay your bills until you are able to find something else.

Be prepared, however, to quickly put many miles on your personal vehicle and expose yourself to increased danger from motor vehicle accidents.

Although the company advertises what seems like a pretty good potential for pay, the actual results may disappoint you. My after expenses income ranged between 6 and 10 dollars per hour.
Pros
Work when you want.
Cons
Trash your car.
Why driving for Lyft isn't worth your time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2016
Lyft advertises that as a driver you will make $1500 a week. I have been driving for Lyft for a year averaging 50 hours a week and have never even come close to that amount, and that is gross income.

The problem is Lyfts fares are so ridiculously low that a driver can't make any money. On most runs you lose money if you deduct gas, insurance, wear and tear, depreciation, and maintenance. 90 percent of Lyfts fares are $3.50 of which they take 20% which leaves the driver with $2.80 From that $2.80 you have to deduct all your expenses which will leave you in the negative.
In a typical 10 hour day I will give about 11 rides and my average fare is $4.00. My gross pay for the day is $88.00 of which Lyft takes 20% or $17.60 leaving $70.40. It cost me $30 a day for gas alone which brings my net down to $40. M insurance costs $4 a day which brings my net to $36. So my average wage per hour is $3.60.
That doesn't include the fact that you still have maint costs, repairs, and all the added miles you put on your car which further decreases your cars value. If you take all of these factors in to consideration, driving for Lyft just isn't worth your time.
Pros
Drive when you want
Cons
terrible compensation
extra charge to customer
driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2016
their app (LYFT) is not helping the driver pin point passenger, it is off by 200 feet so the pick up and waiting goes over 5 minutes which passenger must pay for delay charge.
Lyft app is slow to locate passenger route which makes extra delay charge to customer.
Only great for the long hours drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 17, 2016
A lot of drivers with lyft are part timers who are looking for the quick buck to help then out. The lyft fees are ridiculous and hurt those drivers. For example, I made about $550 in one week. I had $140 worth of lyft fees on top of paying $80 in gas and $75 in tolls to get into my zone.

The only people lyft really benefits is the drivers who drive over 50 hours a week and qualify for the 10% or 20% power driver bonus.
Pros
Driving is fun
Cons
Lyft fees, gas, wear and tear, barely any money made
fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2016
it is fun job if you like to drive around people. Everyday you meet new people which help to improve your communication skill which you can use later in other jobs like sales.
Pros
schedule
Cons
traffic
Definite disappointment
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2016
They promise you the moon and the stars, but they don't deliver. I am making worse than min. wage. I can't support my family on that. I made 3x last year when I was working in Indiana. The cost of living in CA is outrageous. I can't survive on what I am making at this company.
Pros
You get to work the hours you want
Cons
It is not worth the time or wear and tear on your car
Uber Partner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2016
The company gives bonuses to drivers whenever they have promotions. The passengers sometime gives tips to their drivers.
Pros
Busy during the Holiday seasons
Cons
slow sometimes
The Most Flexible Job I've Ever Had
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2016
Driving for Lyft is great! I generally drove as a supplement to my full-time job because I wanted to be able to afford to take my wife on a vacation to Martinique and Guadeloupe. Driving for Lyft can be whatever you make it, and as long as you think of your passengers needs first you'll always have good tips.
Pros
Discounts through perkspot, Work when you want
Cons
You work as a contractor so income isn't guaranteed
LYFT is a great place to work.
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 12, 2016
With great benefits and a healthy work/life balance, LYFT has been nothing short of a positive experience for me.

I would recommend this job to a recent graduate!
Lyfting on the Beach
Recruiter/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
Recruiting and mentoring has been phased out in some markets.Driving gives you the opportunity turn on and off the app as you see fit but the lowering of the fares make it so that you can not depend on this as a sole means of income or you will be disappointing. Loads of wear and tear of on your vehicle. Not worth it in the end.
Pros
independence
Cons
wear and tear of vehicle, decrease value, lowering of fares
Fun work place
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2016
Great flexibility, people, and work environment. Love the express pay and notification of events going on within the community.
Great full time or part time job
Driver/Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 3, 2016
Had a lot of fun driving for Lyft 3 years. It has its ups and downs but you make the most of it. I worked mornings and drove about 8 hours a day. Some extra hours on weekends. You have to find the right time to drive.
Pros
Flexible
Great way to meet new people and earn money!
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 29, 2016
Working at Lyft is definitely a great way to meet new people while making money! The best part is that everything is done through an app on your smart phone.
Pros
You pick your own hours!
Cons
Takes a toll on your vehicle.
Enjoy flexibility but income not stable
Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 29, 2016
I enjoy the job flexibility and being own boss! Am able to meet and talk with interesting people. Would prefer to have more reliable income however.
Pros
Work to fit your own schedule.
Cons
Income is not predictable
Lyft
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 28, 2016
Being a driver at lyft is good depending on your circumstances. If you are single and want some freedom in your life then it's good. IF you're doing it part-time with another job then it's probably great!
Pros
Set own hours
Cons
Expenses/no medical
Good place to work if you want to make extra money
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2016
I like driving with lyft because it gives you the freedom to make your own schedule unlike other places and it helps you as a sidejob making your earning potential bigger
Pros
Discounts in different stores
Cons
The miles put into your car
Driving with Lyft
Brand Ambassador;Personal Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2016
Daily Jobs duties as a driver, waiting for a customer to request a ride, I then drive to their location picking them up and drive them to their destination.
As a Brand ambassador I go around the Tampa Bay area promoting the Company.
I also make calls and set up mentor sessions for a specific Mentor in the Tampa Bay area.
Pros
work when you want, your own boss

2.8