Lyft Employee Reviews

LYFT does not care
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 30, 2016
These people do not care about the drivers. They do not respond to emails. They disable driver accounts out of the middle of no where. They control driving requests to prevent a person from reaching bonus goal. Way to much driving and not enough appreciation. I'm good..
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Yea right
Low pay, high overhead
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 29, 2016
The earning potential is dramatically overstated. The fuel and cost of vehicle maintenance are barely covered by the fares.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Net income well under minimum wage
Misleading, Unfair, Erroneous pay, Dishonest, ; False Advertising
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2016
You cannot make minimum wage, let alone a living driving Lyft full timenor any time. Go to Uber.
No live support, just communication from support team not answering questions clearly. LYFT app. goes down, hours to come back up while you are trying to get your required rides in, no credit. Then they take $200 out of your salary becsuse you didnt satisfy theit required ride requirement. you actually lose money because you drive around for hours with no pings in the Atlanta market at peak times. You lose your time and money. They don't make any concessions for your time, gas, cell bill. No way you even average minimum wage, for top ten dangerous job. LYFT doesn't care about their drivers, just a numbers game. No real training, mentors are horrible. DON'T USE LYFT, USE UBER.
Pros
Zero, waste of money, time, use of cell phone
Cons
No benefits, Zero real money, horrible support
Dishonest Pay claims
Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2016
$1500 per week is a lie, expect to make minimum to less than minimum wage per hour when you take out expenses. Lyft and Uber are the ultimate hustle...but not for the drivers.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2016
I've been driving for Lyft for two weeks now. This is great for extra income only.. not great if it's your only source of income.
And please do not chase the light pink and dark pink areas.... every time I'm in the areas or have just arrived they disappear and I never get a customer
Pros
Cash out after 50 bucks
Cons
Way to many hours to make a few bucks
Great side gig
Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 26, 2016
The ability to make your own hours and take breaks whenever you want is highly convenient. The amount of money made is not a livable wage but as a compliment to another part time or full time job it is excellent.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Wear and tear on car. Driving takes a lot out of you
Fun work environment where meeting new people was interesting
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CANovember 25, 2016
Some passengers were fun to talk to and get to know while others not so much. Every day is something new and different. You are always driving somewhere new, so its never routine and boring. The pay was not amazing, but meeting and networking with people was well worth every moment. So many opportunities to expand as a person with Lyft. Hardest part of the job was being my own boss and telling myself to go to work.
a 4 out of 5
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 24, 2016
Great for an extra job and providing jobs when people need it. Flexible. Passengers are generally of a good caliber. A lot of liability is put on the driver.
Pros
Able to make your own schedule
Cons
Still is a liability to drivers.
Love Lyft
Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CA and San Francisco, CANovember 24, 2016
I love driving for Lyft. I am on Social Security Disability and Lyft allows me to work because of the way it is set up. A traditional job you have set hours and if you are having a hard day you can't just call it a day and go home. With Lyft I make my own hours and come and go as a I please. I have a mental illness which makes a traditional job impossible for me. That's why Lyft is so perfect for me. I don't work long hours and if I have a panic attack I can simply turn off the app and go home. The flexibility also allows me to go to my doctor appointments and therapy sessions without having to ask for time off or tell my boss why I have to leave. I used to work as a paralegal and although I don't make as much money at least I am able to work and have the satisfaction of making some of my own money.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low fares in Stockton, CA
I drove gor lyft and uber
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2016
Way more rides with uber, plus uber will let you know hey we took this much out of this trip instead of waiting until it's pay time and lyft decides they want this amount. I just needed $100 that's it, once it's said I'd made 105 this week I stopped driving. I was expecting to receive 105 but only received 79. Sorry but lyft needs to get like uber and let us know what they take out on each ride on the app? I just wanted 100.

And if you dont except one ride your ratings go down significantly and it's takes forever to get it back to 100. Wait I just started so you start at %90 actually. I don't know how you get to 100.
Pros
Good for extra money
Cons
They dont say what is taken out each trip
being my own boss
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2016
Fun and get to meet new energetic people. Lyft take care of their drivers, they are always an email away with quick response.
Absolutely horrible
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2016
This company tries to compete with uber, they are in no way form or fashion even close. Drive around for HOURS before i get a hit. This is in Chicago. Way too slow and almost below minimum wage
Terrible company. You are nothing but a number to them.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2016
Horrible business model. Waste of time. I was driving for lyft for about a year and it is a complete waste of time. They try to send you 20-30 away for a 5 dollar fare, and if you don't accept many requests they threaten to suspend your account. Customers give you bad ratings.... hmmm i wonder why? Maybe it's because they have to wait for you to get to them. The surge areas are miniscule and if it's surging where you are they'll give you a ride out of the surge area. Horrible company, you only lose money slaving away for them. Uber is so much better.
Pros
Cons
Can't make any money. Lousy customer service for drivers. Unfair rating system. Lousy customers.
Very fun and interesting job
Ride Share Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2016
You can literally work anytime you want. You get to know the city in which you're driving very well. And you get to meet some fantastic people along the way.
Good
Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 17, 2016
Ive been driving for lyft for months and love the passengers as well as the overall pay and experience. Takes a little while to make money but is worth the work
Great Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Union City, CANovember 17, 2016
Really enjoy the People who I have met through Lyft. I was able to learn something positive from every Rider that I picked up and dropped off through the Lyft Ride Sharing Application.
Productive and fast
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2016
On a typical day, I start out driving in the early mornings and usually end during the afternoon. I learned how to deal with different personalities and requests. I learned how to engage small talk and how to guide a conversation. I never really deal with management and I do not have co-workers. I believe the hardest part of the job is staying out in the field for more than 4 hours. The anxiety of waiting on a ride is also a tough task. However the best part of the job is that the company actually releases the accumulated funds to the bank account at my own request.
Pros
Flexible time
It fun to work for lyft
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2016
Driving around is fun and meeting new people. Great company. Way better than a taxi. It is fun talking to people and making people smile and telling stories.
Pros
Own hours
Cons
Alot of driving
Flexible way to earn
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
Lyft is a great company overall and is a very good way to earn some decent cash on your own schedule. The earnings use to be better about a year ago. You gotta put in more hours and twice as much work to earn what you use to earn.
Great Benefits, Lots of Ambiguity.
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 14, 2016
Things change all the time, you must be OK with that. Scheduling isnt normal 9-5 scheduling. Management is Elite. Hard to advance. Co-workers can become "cliquey". Great Benefits. Pay needs to be better for the amount of stress the job requires
Pros
Free lunches, cool work environment
Cons
$15/hr, broken systems