Lyft Employee Reviews

Only good part of this job was making your own hours.
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2017
Just one look at their reviews from facebook to the better business bureau and one will start to see how horrible of a company Lyft truly is. They do not treat their employees with an ounce of respect, it all comes down to customer satisfaction in the end.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
Zero respect or help for drivers
lame company to work for
mentor recruiter (Current Employee) –  charlotte ncJune 21, 2017
horrible company to work for , they subsidize the rides and comp riders and pay their drivers peanuts , few months back they switched to another scam called upfront pricing where they show rider a different price and the drivers a different price and pocket the difference .i will not recommend this for anyone .
Pros
no pros here its just horrible
Cons
too much to list here, my advice stay away
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2017
Work your own schedule
Meet great people
Pay could be better
I think it should be mandatory for customers to have the real pic up just like the drivers do send a pic of they id so id something happens police knows who to trace.
At least that part
Stress to customers how to used the app
They may request a lyft at 1.55 Pm and have to be to location by 2.10 Crazy but happens during rush hour at that and do a split ride. The lady said she didnt see a option to not do split
Pros
Work own schedule
Cons
Navigation system sometimes sucks
Good job
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2017
Driving is easy, but finding customers is pretty challenging sometimes. I enjoy having different personalities in my car driving around San Diego. 10/10
Fun and easy. Earn what you want!
Freelance Rideshare Provider (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2017
I very much enjoy doing Lyft. Although it may be a struggle sometimes and you may find yourself in uncomfortable and (rarely) dangerous situations, it is a great way earn big or earn extra cash on the side. Daily pay (if $50.00 or more is earned) directly deposited into your bank account or debit card. Lyft offers a leasing program through Enterprise if you wish not to use your own personal vehicle to dive with though it can be costly if you can't give 75 rides a week. I have met new friends and had amazing conversations and met remarkable individuals and have earned hefty tips too! I strongly recommend this job to anyone who wishes to earn money at their own will and pace. P.S. I'm not a paid spokesperson just a happy Lyft driver! Promise! :)
Pros
Work your own hours, be your own boss!
Cons
Pay per ride could be better / poor company benefits
Many customers are using for short distance
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
I drove for 25 minutes to pick customer. His destination was 2 mile away in heavy traffic in weisthmeir.
He asked me to drop him bus parking load. I got ticket. Lyft gave me 2 dollars for 1 hour. It does not deserve to work for it just time wasting and money.after tax gas ticket wire and tire
You have to spend money from your pocket.
The most of Houston customers are using for very short distance . You drove 20 minutes to pick them them than after 3 minutes they drop off and you make nothing.
They are kidding you
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
You can't make money you have to spend more money than you made
slow market in ATL
driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2017
Since Lyft has changed its ride requirements for the car rental from 50 a week to 75 a week and 45 being during peak hours it has not been worth the effort. If you deduct taxes out of your hourly pay you wont make minimum wage most hours. Not worth the wear and tear on your car. ATL is toooo slow of a market for this kind of pressure.
Pros
slow. make your own schedule
Cons
not busy enough. not enough money. peak hours are not flexible..
Great job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2017
Love it gives drivers chances to grow in to become very independent. Creates excellent customer's service skills.get to explore the world at your own pace in a safe manner
Loved Lyft
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2017
Fair pay and fun riders in Atlanta. Same day payout so perfect for if you're in a pinch. Screening process made me feel like they cared about the drivers and riders both. Very organized.
Pros
Everything!
Fun work
TLC Driver New York (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
People make the job better and more fun, even more fun during the weekends. The only real downside I see about the job is the lack of benefits and the traffic. the perks are also not so bad but they could be better.
Pros
fun
Cons
traffic, car payment if u are renting
Ok for a short-term job
Mentor & Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 15, 2017
Not as easy as you may think. Lots of vehicle wear-and-tear. Late nights and lots of weekends. Stressful with driving while navigating and entertaining customers.
Great job if you need fast cash and you have a fuel efficient vehicle
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2017
I can easily make $150 a day...if i just drive around aimlessly. Finding the hotspots and waiting can be frustrating, especially when you wait for anywhere between a minute and 2 hours to find out you only got a $4 fare. Same thing for the app itself; sometimes you'll get pinged from somewhere 40 minutes away, Lyft doesn't start paying you until you pick the customer up. So you drive 40 minutes away to pick somebody up; guess what?.They only needed a ride a few minute's drive and boom, you just drove 40 minutes for a $8 fare.

It doesn't always happen and I've learned to ignore the long distance ones. You can get good days and bad days, and it does depencd on the region too. Try it out, you might do better than i have.
Pros
Flexible and easy to make a few bucks
Cons
Consistency, Wear and tear on vehicle
Its a scam
Driver (Current Employee) –  New Haven, MIJune 14, 2017
Worst job choice you could make. Lyft can not be your only job. You spend more in gas, repairs, maintenance , insurance and other necessities then you do in actual earning. Forget about their bonuses as soon as you get close to them they stop sending you calls.
Lyft Deactivation
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2017
I like driving for lyft but they are not fair to the drivers. They do not give the drivers a chance they will deactivate because of anything. They deactivated my account due to the fact of navigation. But the problem is because of that lyft line it does not let the passenger know another rider as been added to your route. They need to be more considerate on the drivers and listen to them even though the customers are important give your drivers a chance.
nice for flexibility, no room for growth
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 13, 2017
Set your own schedule to match with others that want and need transportation service.
learned how to manage time.
was a manager and found out how many people are not serious about making money for themselves.
work where potential applicants live or around public area of choice.
hardest part about the job is getting people to actually follow through with what they tell you.
most enjoyable is when you actually meet someone that wants to make more income, so you show them everything they know and they thank you for adding more time and value to their personal life.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Not everyone you meet wants to put in work for themselves.
A good company to work for.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 13, 2017
I can work on my own schedule which is nice. I meet a lot of new, interesting people. The hardest part of the job is sometimes finding the people once I've arrived at the destination.
Pros
tips
Cons
wear and tear on my car
Great job with great perks.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaJune 13, 2017
I loved my time with Lyft. I drove around amazing people, and had a great time doing it. You make your own hours and you effect how much you can make within a day. Lyft has great bonuses that motivate you to drive full time. The only problem I have is that the app can give you rides that are far away or the opposite way that you are heading. Some of those rides end up being too short to compensate for the gas used to get to the passenger.
Pros
Making your own hours, power bonuses, weekly pay bonus, keep your tips, builds conversational skills
Cons
Rides
Fun, relaxed, work at your own pace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 12, 2017
I loved the flexibility. Meeting new people all the time. I really enjoyed the job. Being in the creative space, it was great to know I could log on any time and make some extra money to help with my family.
Lyft
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2017
Lyft is good in LA. The rental programs are ok. Its alot of pros and cons.. People are too impatient. And cancels rides for 1 minute late. Or more people get in your car then thought originally
Pros
Your own schedule
Cons
Motivation
Bad place to work
Lyft Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAJune 12, 2017
It was fun and I was able to make extra money but I worked with them almost three years. No matter how much I asked or complained I never received any of my Lyft stickers, placers or dash board markers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9