The Lyndale Neighborhood Association (LNA) ESL program is currently seeking a multi-level (intermediate to advanced) ESL instructor for adult learners.
15 hours/week—Teach multi-level (intermediate to advanced) ESL class that meets on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Classes are held in an off-site location in the Lyndale neighborhood so additional time will be given for the setup and reset of classroom. The teacher needs to be in the classroom by 5:00 p.m. For every hour of class time, a half-hour of prep time is allotted.
- Bachelors degree with TEFL/TESOL certification or MN teaching license required; current MN teaching licensure preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience teaching ESL required; previous experience with a multi-level class a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of adult learning
- Ability to relate effectively with people of other cultures and varying educational backgrounds; ability to respond effectively to individual and cultural needs as well as different learning styles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with volunteers a plus
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop lesson plans and provide high-quality instruction to adult English language learners
- Differentiate instruction for a multi-level student group
- Structure class to effectively utilize volunteer tutors
- Provide volunteers instructions on utilizing the daily lesson plan
- Guide volunteers on how best to support students
- Use attendance record sheets and MNABE database to track student attendance and progress
- Register new students and administer CASAS assessments
- Organize room for instruction, moving tables and setting up white boards
Compensation for the ESL Teaching position is $20/hr
Supervisor: ESL Coordinator
To apply please provide a cover letter, resume, contact info for three professional references, and proof of qualifications (scanned copy of TESOL certificate or MN teaching license).
For additional information, contact Erica Fulton, ESL Coordinator at 612-824-9402 x13
LNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer