Lyngblomsten Care Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Creative and Caring
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 8, 2013
Lyngblomsten has a unique environment, which is creatively caring. I worked in the Community Outreach area of this care center, and it was a fun place to work, and one which I believe made a real difference in the lives of the seniors we served.

I wore a lot of hats in my role, among them supervising volunteers that transported our seniors and assisted in our cafe and outings. I assisted the Director of our 5-5-1 Club in various capacities, making reservations for various events, taking incoming monies and bookkeeping, assisting in educational, fundraising and recreational events, sending out various correspondence, and serving as a resource liasion for seniors in transitions.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with a variety of people of all ages, especially seniors, and validating their worth and talents, and interacting with partner churches. The hardest part was saying good-bye when they passed away, as many of our seniors were 80+ and better.

I worked closely with co-workers in our corporate offices and we had some great times, even singing in a group that I started called "The Lyng Sisters" consisting of other admin staff. I loved the dovetailing of our services with the community-at-large, and seeing the positive impact Lyngblomsten has in the community, including our church community.
Pros
Positive, Caring, Creative, Fun
Cons
Budget constraints on Lyngblomsten's Community Outreach Programs
Good place to start nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 5, 2013
Eight hour shifts, no overtime pay per day, LTC good NARs and TMAs. Lovely residents.
Pros
easy to get along with everyone, caring and client-centered
Cons
low pay range
friendly staff
Resident volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 31, 2012
typical day is being good and happy mangment was good nothing was hard about my job.enjoyable day
Great Place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 10, 2012
I enjoyed my experiences there. I vacuumed and dusted lobby, swept and mopped stairs, cleaned birdcages, stocked clean mops and rags in housekeeping closet, ans shredded medical documents.