Lynn University Employee Reviews in United States

A great productive and friendly environment what ties to family
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 11, 2016
I've learned many things my time at the University. Summer which I been very pleasant other's truly unforgettable Learning outcomes. In my mind it is a great first place to start off a career. When you know your coworkers work really well together in a cohesive symbiotic relationship that the team can conquer anything. The hardest part of job is clocking out at the end of the day and leaving the work behind. Most enjoyable part of the job I would say is resolving the issues brought to us as a challenge and turning the frown upside down for the customer. Keeping the university well oiled and flowing like a well tuned car.
Pros
Great scenery, the foods even better than when I started
Cons
Sometimes things get stuck in a very cultural spin
Productive with accomodating assistance
Founding Father (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2016
Included helping customers out with purchasing performances that take place at Lynn University learning how to help people out with their concerns. The hardest part was when renewal season came around as people tended to call either all at the same time, or entirely forget until it was past the deadline; yet every situation was enjoyable thanks to the amazing management and the coworkers that I had.
melting pot
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 29, 2016
Very high stress in areas there shouldn't be
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians
not enough training available for growth
management are not real managers and leaders
Pros
great place to grow
Cons
takes too long to grow
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 9, 2015
Loved transitioning from a student to a faculty member. My department chair is excellent and extremely professional.
Pros
KNOW THE CULTURE OF THE INSTITUTION
Cons
NO BENEFITS
Fun environment
Tele-Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 1, 2016
Working at Lynn is great, as a student they give you plenty opportunities to you to grow in the work force. The environment is great and everyone is friendly and polity.
Fair
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2016
Fair working environment, the staff is friendly and people help you get accustomed easily. The job is overall easy and laid-back, limited experience but for a full-scholarship it's worth it.
Fun and challenging mentally with a lot of responsibilities
Asst. Men's Basketball Coach NCAA Division 2 (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 2, 2015
Work on various communications updating current and future activities.
Research, discover, and implement time and cost saving practices to simplify and save time on a variety of tasks.
Learned how to react and adjust quickly in order to out-work the competition.
The management is very supportive, especially when you discover innovations without being asked.
Co-workers are great team members who support and assist.
The hardest part of the job is balancing work with spare-time.
Watching your hard work payoff by beating the competition is the best part of the job.
Pros
Just the right amount of stress that maximizes effort under pressure
Cons
The job can get all-consuming if I let it.
It was a school job
Mail Room Clerk/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 6, 2015
It was a school job , in which i work for the mail room. I had a good supervisor, there were no perks other a then a paycheck and getting my mail early.
Pros
i got my mail easy, and drove a golf kart
Cons
Great Family atmosphere with plenty of support
Asst. Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 1, 2015
Very friendly campus. Management is supportive. There are many training support staff. The food in the cafeteria is outstanding.
Pros
Support
It's a great environment to work and my fellow co-workers are great to work with
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 14, 2012
A typical day at work patrolling the campus looking for any safety issues. Also interacting with students and faculty, making sure the university code of conduct is followed. The hard part at work is the twelve hour shifts. But other then that it's a great place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no lunch break
Excellent place to work at
Television Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 30, 2015
A great place to work. Especially as a student worker. Everyone is nice. I've never had any issues with anyone. :) If you ever have issues understanding something, there is always someone there to help you out.
Productive and fun work place with sports
Athletics Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at work consists of setting up all devices needed for the school's sports games, such as: computers, scoreboards and cameras. I would be in charge of updating social media accounts with the current stats of the games. I learned a lot about different sports as well as how to use different equipment. My management was a lo of fun as well as my co-workers, it felt like a family and everyone was happy to be at their job.
Fruitful job!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 3, 2015
I love teaching and this is the most fruitful experience!

Each class is different and unique in its own way. Diversity brings is many dimensions to learning and the university is achieving great results from students.
Incredible place to work!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 11, 2014
Working for Lynn University admissions was an incredible experience. I got to meet many new people and I was constantly interacting with people throughout the day. A typical day at work would require me to give people tours around the campus, have lunch with potential students and their parents. Being able to interact with people and showing them around the wonderful campus was amazing. My co-workers and management were extremely nice, and very easy to get along with. The best part of the job was interacting with people throughout the day and providing them with personal knowledge about campus and helping them decide to pick Lynn for their degree. The hardest part of the job was learning how to walk backwards while giving tours. Overall was an amazing experience.
Great place to earn incredible experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 3, 2015
Everyday I would work under the Registrar. While creating multiple spreadsheets and creating projects I attended to a multi-line phone and assisted anyone that came to the desk.
Pros
Experience and Relationshis
Cons
Slow Wifi
Training to the next level
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Previous experience to include, managing employees, Customer Services, Support Services Aide and Food & Beverage Production Supervisor for Resident Dining, Retail and Catering. I have extensive experience in Food Management Software, Installed Labor Management, E-Time Scheduler, Halo and Sodexo Menu Graphics.
Pros
working with different divesity
Cons
not enough computer
If you enjoy the company of college students, Lynn University is the place to be.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 24, 2014
As a Resident Assistant, I served as a liaison between the professional staff and the students. The student body is very diverse. The campus is small and everyone is acquainted to one another; a big family. I enjoyed working closely with the students and I got to know their cultures, music and food.
My job centered on the students. I assisted them with their needs. I provided consolation whenever possible. On my scheduled duty shift, I patrolled the residential buildings and ensured the safety of the residents. There is also an administrative component such as weekly and monthly reports, conduct reports etc…
Pros
free room and board
Cons
lockouts in the middle of the night
reliable yet simple occupation with diversity
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 15, 2012
As an assistant librarian, I experienced a variety of skills from loaning and returning books, movies and CDs to answering phone calls regarding library hours, researching information and aiding students as well as faculty with their questions. The supervisor and co-workers are informative and intimate; there is nothing about them that I would degrade. I had slight difficult adapting when it comes to using a copying machine, but after learning a few times to using it, it became easy to use. I enjoyed it overall.
Pros
dinner breaks
Freshman Year
Informational Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Worked there as a work study. Great time and enjoyed every minute. Had a crazy boss but he isnt with the University anymore. Liked going to school there, love the area!!
Pros
3 miles from the beach, upcoming university and college town, lots of way to become involved and lack of a corporate bureaucratic red tape and impediments
Cons
no one knows of the place, they need some bigger companies to advertise, this school is small, the students need some work too, they can be much much much more selective with their student body stock.
Very friendlly
Assistant Director of Safety and Security (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 30, 2013
Over all good place to work
learned to interact with high execurtives
Pros
family type atmosphere

4.3