Lynn University Employee Reviews

Professional Learning Environment
Sustainability Intern (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 17, 2018
My internship position at Lynn University required me to head up projects, as well as manage the student sustainability club. A typical day at work involved me sitting in project meetings with my boss, contacting companies for events, and working on construction projects. My first 3 months working the position was spent writing Lynn University's Carbon Foot Print Report. The required me to collect all of the university's resource usage data (fuel, water, electric, etc..) from past invoices and other departments of the school. I then organized them in Excel sheets analyzed the results and wrote the report comparing it to the schools 2009 baseline report. My boss was always willing to teach me the ins and outs of the business and was very professional. I appreciate the time I have gotten to work under him and I feel he prepared me very well for any job I might find myself working after school. The most difficult part of the job was learning to manage my time and prioritize tasks. Being a student intern and only working 10 hours a week I had a short time to accomplish a lot. This experience was good practice however as I feel I am much more comfortable doing so now. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to contribute to making my school's campus more environmentally friendly and helping educate the student body about the importance of sustainability.
Pros
Professional Experience, Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Not many hours
Fun Place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2018
I was an RA so they paid for my room and board and they did fun activities for their RAs. I never had a bad experience my bosses and coworkers were very cool people.
Workplace
Academic Success Coach/Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Overall, the people at Lynn University are amazing and intelligent. The Academic Coaches I work with are extremely knowledgeable and qualified professionals.
Excellent place to work for
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33431January 8, 2018
Lynn University is a wonderful place to work for. They are very much into education and provided each full time employee a free education. They made me feel like an equal.
Pros
Positive enviornment, pro education, equals
Cons
no cons
Fitness Center Manager
Fitness Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 2, 2018
An overall outstanding position that coupled well with the other responsibilities I underwent during my college career. Great experience that honed management skills as well as a platform to help students with the resources of the Fitness Center.
Cultural divesity
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 1, 2017
Unique place for cultural diversity. My role was to interact with students and get to know them. I also worked with student counselors to resolve complaints and issues between students. I feel that management is persistent to create a great working environment, always interested in employees welfare, and ensure fairness to all employees. The hardest part for me to leave behind will be meeting students from all over the world and learning about their cultures. The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of the Lynn family and enjoying the games.
Pros
Sports, diversity, friendly work environment
Cons
Non-supervisors not being able to travel for holdiays
Good Graduate School
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 9, 2017
Lynn offered the most individual attention, supervision, and guidance for any aspiring professional. Whatever the degree you seek to achieve or department you research for, you will get a lot of individual attention for professional growth.
Family Oriented, relaxed work environment
IT Support Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 4, 2017
One of the best IT teams that I have worked with in many years. Not to say that they don't have their problems but overall, very good. Hardest part of the Job is dealing with some of the faculty and staff members. You expect some students to to be difficult. The Support team was great, management for the most part was good.
Pros
Relaxed, family oriented, benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Great Experience for entry level graphic designers
Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 18, 2017
Great internship experience for entry level graphic designers. The people are great and treat you like a professional, even though that means you must actually be professional, and complete all your tasks.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great Place to Work
Athletic Certification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 3, 2017
Overall it's a great place to work because they care about all of their employees. They offer great benefits and they care about a good life / work balance.
Vice-president (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 1, 2017
Amazing University, diversity, all professors are prepared and give you all the help you need to succeed. It has been an amazing experience to do my Bachelor;s degree at Lynn University.
Love this place.
IT Department (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 30, 2017
The task I was given here was pretty straight forward. The IT staff around the campus are helpful in providing information on what needs to be done in certain areas of the campus. Most days we would install new pcs into another location and just recycle the old ones if necessary. Only annoying days is when it rained, but another than that the work I did was pretty great.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
Walking around a large campus.
productive environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 29, 2017
One learns a lot about the academia and the culture around it, focused and down to earth people.

Lynn University is great for growing as a professional and as an employee.
Pros
college campus environment
Cons
walks large distances from office to other offices
Lynn Auxiliary Department
Student Assistant/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 7, 2017
As a student assistant a typical day insisted of crafting the schedule of campus projects and setting out to make sure campus functions were well prepared for in regards to presentation.
Pros
Good introduction to project management
Fun and exciting place to work
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Campus recreationSeptember 28, 2016
Lynn University is a technologically advanced educational institute. It provides great opportunities for students and staff. I enjoyed studying here while I worked part time with campus recreation.
Lynn University Horrible place to work
baker (Former Employee) –  in kitchenSeptember 17, 2016
They were not at all professionals . Too many chiefs not enough indians professional respect for pros doesnt exist. These people only care about the students
Pros
sucks
Amazing place to work at
Graduate Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 11, 2016
Supportive faculty, friendly environment and diverse student body. Typical day includes assisting faculty with whatever help they need and also attending to visitors and answering calls.
Great Working Environment
Athletic Communications Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 5, 2016
I couldn't have been happier with my time working at Lynn University as a Student Assistant. It was truly a team environment and my supervisor was always there to answer any of my questions. I was able to do play by play announcing for our radio station for a couple of sports. This allowed me to really work on my broadcasting skills, which was the most enjoyable part of my job.
A great learning experience
Financial Aid Assistant - Work Study (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 14, 2016
Lynn University uses a partner site of the schools for students to find a work study on and off campus. It was great that I was able to choice the department I wanting to work for. Each department has different lessons to teach. I loved that I was given the opportunity to work with students and parents instead of doing the typical 'intern job' i.e. filling, imputing data, shredding old documents. I felt like I was a wanted and welcomed team member. I knew the bare minimum about the college financial aid system until I started but the team helped me learn everything I needed and wanted to know; because of my amazing superiors I know have more knowledge of the information and it has in turn helped me with my own financial aid process.
Pros
The amazing staff, and the opportunities
Cons
I was limited the hours I could work due to the Federal guidelines on work study students
Interactive
Administration Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work at Lynn would allow me to meet and greet incoming family. With the challenge to convince them that Lynn is the university they would like to attend. Highly interactive, with families from all over the world visiting, requiring to communicate in multiple different language constantly.