Lynn University Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting place to work
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Campus recreationSeptember 28, 2016
Lynn University is a technologically advanced educational institute. It provides great opportunities for students and staff. I enjoyed studying here while I worked part time with campus recreation.
Lynn University Horrible place to work
baker (Former Employee) –  in kitchenSeptember 17, 2016
They were not at all professionals . Too many chiefs not enough indians professional respect for pros doesnt exist. These people only care about the students
Pros
sucks
Amazing place to work at
Graduate Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 11, 2016
Supportive faculty, friendly environment and diverse student body. Typical day includes assisting faculty with whatever help they need and also attending to visitors and answering calls.
Great Working Environment
Athletic Communications Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 5, 2016
I couldn't have been happier with my time working at Lynn University as a Student Assistant. It was truly a team environment and my supervisor was always there to answer any of my questions. I was able to do play by play announcing for our radio station for a couple of sports. This allowed me to really work on my broadcasting skills, which was the most enjoyable part of my job.
A great learning experience
Financial Aid Assistant - Work Study (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 14, 2016
Lynn University uses a partner site of the schools for students to find a work study on and off campus. It was great that I was able to choice the department I wanting to work for. Each department has different lessons to teach. I loved that I was given the opportunity to work with students and parents instead of doing the typical 'intern job' i.e. filling, imputing data, shredding old documents. I felt like I was a wanted and welcomed team member. I knew the bare minimum about the college financial aid system until I started but the team helped me learn everything I needed and wanted to know; because of my amazing superiors I know have more knowledge of the information and it has in turn helped me with my own financial aid process.
Pros
The amazing staff, and the opportunities
Cons
I was limited the hours I could work due to the Federal guidelines on work study students
Interactive
Administration Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work at Lynn would allow me to meet and greet incoming family. With the challenge to convince them that Lynn is the university they would like to attend. Highly interactive, with families from all over the world visiting, requiring to communicate in multiple different language constantly.
It is a great University placed on an excellent location, filled with people who loves the place they work.
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2016
I provided me with different challenges and situations that helped me shape my character and my skills. I have worked with good people who I will have appreciation for the rest of my life.
Productive with accomodating assistance
Founding Father (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2016
Included helping customers out with purchasing performances that take place at Lynn University learning how to help people out with their concerns. The hardest part was when renewal season came around as people tended to call either all at the same time, or entirely forget until it was past the deadline; yet every situation was enjoyable thanks to the amazing management and the coworkers that I had.
A great productive and friendly environment what ties to family
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 11, 2016
I've learned many things my time at the University. Summer which I been very pleasant other's truly unforgettable Learning outcomes. In my mind it is a great first place to start off a career. When you know your coworkers work really well together in a cohesive symbiotic relationship that the team can conquer anything. The hardest part of job is clocking out at the end of the day and leaving the work behind. Most enjoyable part of the job I would say is resolving the issues brought to us as a challenge and turning the frown upside down for the customer. Keeping the university well oiled and flowing like a well tuned car.
Pros
Great scenery, the foods even better than when I started
Cons
Sometimes things get stuck in a very cultural spin
Fun environment
Tele-Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 1, 2016
Working at Lynn is great, as a student they give you plenty opportunities to you to grow in the work force. The environment is great and everyone is friendly and polity.
melting pot
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 29, 2016
Very high stress in areas there shouldn't be
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians
not enough training available for growth
management are not real managers and leaders
Pros
great place to grow
Cons
takes too long to grow
Fair
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2016
Fair working environment, the staff is friendly and people help you get accustomed easily. The job is overall easy and laid-back, limited experience but for a full-scholarship it's worth it.
It was a school job
Mail Room Clerk/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 6, 2015
It was a school job , in which i work for the mail room. I had a good supervisor, there were no perks other a then a paycheck and getting my mail early.
Pros
i got my mail easy, and drove a golf kart
Cons
Great Family atmosphere with plenty of support
Asst. Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 1, 2015
Very friendly campus. Management is supportive. There are many training support staff. The food in the cafeteria is outstanding.
Pros
Support
Excellent place to work at
Television Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 30, 2015
A great place to work. Especially as a student worker. Everyone is nice. I've never had any issues with anyone. :) If you ever have issues understanding something, there is always someone there to help you out.
Fruitful job!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 3, 2015
I love teaching and this is the most fruitful experience!

Each class is different and unique in its own way. Diversity brings is many dimensions to learning and the university is achieving great results from students.
Great place to earn incredible experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 3, 2015
Everyday I would work under the Registrar. While creating multiple spreadsheets and creating projects I attended to a multi-line phone and assisted anyone that came to the desk.
Pros
Experience and Relationshis
Cons
Slow Wifi
Fun and challenging mentally with a lot of responsibilities
Asst. Men's Basketball Coach NCAA Division 2 (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 2, 2015
Work on various communications updating current and future activities.
Research, discover, and implement time and cost saving practices to simplify and save time on a variety of tasks.
Learned how to react and adjust quickly in order to out-work the competition.
The management is very supportive, especially when you discover innovations without being asked.
Co-workers are great team members who support and assist.
The hardest part of the job is balancing work with spare-time.
Watching your hard work payoff by beating the competition is the best part of the job.
Pros
Just the right amount of stress that maximizes effort under pressure
Cons
The job can get all-consuming if I let it.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 9, 2015
Loved transitioning from a student to a faculty member. My department chair is excellent and extremely professional.
Pros
KNOW THE CULTURE OF THE INSTITUTION
Cons
NO BENEFITS
Productive and fun work place with sports
Athletics Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at work consists of setting up all devices needed for the school's sports games, such as: computers, scoreboards and cameras. I would be in charge of updating social media accounts with the current stats of the games. I learned a lot about different sports as well as how to use different equipment. My management was a lo of fun as well as my co-workers, it felt like a family and everyone was happy to be at their job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lynn University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3