Lynn University

Lynn University Employer Reviews

Training to the next level
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: working with different divesity
Cons: not enough computer
Previous experience to include, managing employees, Customer Services, Support Services Aide and Food & Beverage Production Supervisor for Resident Dining, Retail and Catering. I have extensive experience in Food Management Software, Installed Labor Management, E-Time Scheduler, Halo and Sodexo Menu Graphics.
Incredible place to work!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 11, 2014
Working for Lynn University admissions was an incredible experience. I got to meet many new people and I was constantly interacting with people throughout the day. A typical day at work would require me to give people tours around the campus, have lunch with potential students and their parents. Being able to interact with people and showing them around the wonderful campus was amazing. My co-workers and management were extremely nice, and very easy to get along with. The best part of the job was interacting with people throughout the day and providing them with personal knowledge about campus and helping them decide to pick Lynn for their degree. The hardest part of the job was learning how to walk backwards while giving tours. Overall was an amazing experience.
Great place
Women's Basketball Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2014
Great mentors, always willing to teach and put assistants in a position to succeed.
If you enjoy the company of college students, Lynn University is the place to be.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 24, 2014
Pros: free room and board
Cons: lockouts in the middle of the night
As a Resident Assistant, I served as a liaison between the professional staff and the students. The student body is very diverse. The campus is small and everyone is acquainted to one another; a big family. I enjoyed working closely with the students and I got to know their cultures, music and food.
My job centered on the students. I assisted them with their needs. I provided consolation whenever possible. On my scheduled duty shift, I patrolled the residential buildings and ensured the safety of the residents. There is also an administrative component such as weekly and monthly reports, conduct reports etc…
Freshman Year
Informational Support Technician (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: 3 miles from the beach, upcoming university and college town, lots of way to become involved and lack of a corporate bureaucratic red tape and impediments
Cons: no one knows of the place, they need some bigger companies to advertise, this school is small, the students need some work too, they can be much much much more selective with their student body stock.
Worked there as a work study. Great time and enjoyed every minute. Had a crazy boss but he isnt with the University anymore. Liked going to school there, love the area!!
A wonderful environment in which to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 26, 2013
Pros: a very fair work environment with great benfits
Cons: parking
The atmosphere at Lynn University is very pleasant. The supervisors and fellow employees are very nice. It was a most enjoyable job.
Very friendlly
Assistant Director of Safety and Security (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 30, 2013
Pros: family type atmosphere
Cons: long hours
Over all good place to work
learned to interact with high execurtives
Great location
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 4, 2012
Great people, great location. Regular employee breakfast and recognition events. Great benefit package.
It's a great environment to work and my fellow co-workers are great to work with
Security Officer (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 14, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no lunch break
A typical day at work patrolling the campus looking for any safety issues. Also interacting with students and faculty, making sure the university code of conduct is followed. The hard part at work is the twelve hour shifts. But other then that it's a great place to work.
reliable yet simple occupation with diversity
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 15, 2012
Pros: dinner breaks
As an assistant librarian, I experienced a variety of skills from loaning and returning books, movies and CDs to answering phone calls regarding library hours, researching information and aiding students as well as faculty with their questions. The supervisor and co-workers are informative and intimate; there is nothing about them that I would degrade. I had slight difficult adapting when it comes to using a copying machine, but after learning a few times to using it, it became easy to use. I enjoyed it overall.