Lynwood Unified School District Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace there is a different task to do daily.
Campus Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 9, 2016
Productive and fun workplace there is a different task to do daily, My coworkers are very encouraging , the hardest part of my job on a daily is making sure the students and staff is safe. My enjoyment is communicating with the students and encouraging them to get their education and never give up.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
healthcare
Great Workplace
AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Learned many things while spending my time here, even to the present.Many helpful people, and definitely a place worth applying to.
great job
operations supervisor 1 (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 20, 2016
this company is a wonderful place to work, you get a chance to work with kids and deal with different situations daily and meet great people.
Productive work place
Nutrition Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Prepare trays of food for different schools
Serve food for children at the elementary schools
Maintain the facility and all areas around the work space
Wash dishes
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Standing all day
hectici but fun place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAAugust 5, 2015
Employees managed their own schedules. Must show initiative and problem solving abilities. Atlantic Recovery Services provided employees with the opportunity to grow and develop professionally.
Pros
Flexibility
Excellent District
Instructional Special Needs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 2, 2015
I completely love working for the School District. All staff I have had an encounter with were extremely wonderful people. Everyone from the janitor to the principle all has the same goal which is to create a fun and safe learning environment for all students. Encouraging them to become great.
Pros
Being able to help someone in need. Building relationships.
Cons
We do not get to work 40 hour weeks.
instructional assistant
Instructional Assistant Special Needs (Former Employee) –  lynwood californiaJanuary 14, 2015
My position as a Instructional Assistant Special Needs(Sub) is to assist personnel to plan, organize and conduct instructional and training activities with children experiencing various physical and learning handicaps; monitor and control student behavior in accordance with established guidelines. Assist teacher with
IEP’s through instruction learning, vocational, social and skills, physical development and fitness and personal hygiene. Assist students with severe eating problems and monitor self-feeding student G-tube. Assist teacher in maintaining order in classroom. Monitor children in playground, fieldtrips and lunch area. Assist students by greeting them on and off the bus.
Pros
working with various children
Cons
not a year round job
Fun & Productive place.
Instructional Bi-Lingual Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 14, 2014
A great fun place to work with children of ages 4-11 yrs. Lynwood Unified is the place to work for. Great benefits and family ordinated.
Working with children
Special Education (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 7, 2014
Enjoy tutoring, group assignments, lesson plans, meetings
Pros
working with kids
Cons
sub no health insurance
the most enjoyable part of the day
Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the day is working with the students.
Pros
the impact you have on students
Cons
no health care
Lynwod USD
Office Asst II & III, Rcds Clerk, Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 18, 2013
During my employment at Lynwood USD, I had several responsibilites that were not included in my job title or description. I managed to balance work and cross train at a minutes notice in order to be a part of an engaging and family like team. During my time as a permanent employee as a OAIII in the front office of the middle school management had an open door policy which made the days easier to get through in spite of the day to day situations that arose. While working several different positions at the District office however was more challenging in consideration of the limited staff to cover more than one department, limited funding also made it a challenge to obtain needed material and supplies to meet deadlines on different projects. Of course the no job security made it difficult to maintain a perfect attendance and punctuality record since time was needed to search for a more permanent long term job.
Productive and fun place to work.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 11, 2013
A typical day included writing on the blackboard the state standards that were going to be addressed, what we would be doing in class that day, and homework. I would then teach addressing all three modalities of learners, i.e., visual, tactile, auditory, and would provide all necessary materials.

The Management was excellent always supplying me with everything that I needed to be an excellent teacher.

My co-workers were excellent as we worked together as a team.

The hardest part of my job was making sure my lesson plans included teaching to all three modalities of learners.

The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching.
productive and very busy
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 7, 2013
answering phones an entering data into the computer. i learned alot of data entry skills and how to organize company meetings. my supervisor victor was awesome and management was good. i really met wonder people there who taught me well.
Pros
free lunch nice people
Cons
n/a
Challenging, but rewarding environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 5, 2013
On a daily basis, I open my room to students and prepare to broaden their minds. The school is located in a chronically low-income neighborhood and the students are regarded as incorrigible. I like this because I have a chance to show them they can make a difference and raise their lifetime expectations. Generally, I work mostly with students, but I attend weekly meetings for a variety of activities including coordination of GATE and AP programs; social studies department meetings; and staff meetings. My co-workers are highly educated in their fields of instruction and we meet monthly to discuss best practices. This is one of my favorite parts of the job because I get to share ideas and strategies with colleagues. The hardest part of the job is meeting the expectations of management, this is because we have been through several changes of management over the past 5 years and the expectations continue to change. What I have learned from this experience is to be flexible and a willingness to adapt my practices.
Pros
working with underprivileged, at risk students; professional development
Cons
continually adapting to new practices
Qualify for POE (Program of Excellence) each year
Computerized Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CA.April 19, 2013
One hour for Medical Terminology, Coding, and Billing. I learned how to qualify for a POE (Program of Excellence). Management strived to be recognized by Sacramento as a POE. Management and co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of the job was getting computer technicians at night (night class). The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the students achieve their goal.
Pros
wish list
Cons
limited time to teach course
My typical day at work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lynwood Unified School DistrictJanuary 15, 2013
I currently work as a substitute teacher for Lynwood Unified School District and their different schools. As a teacher, everyday is something learn and as a consequence I face new and interesting challenges at work. I have learned to multitask because I have new students on a daily basis. I have to teach anything from Kindergarten to 12th grade and its very important to keep myself with an open mind to the everyday duties. However, due to the different responsibilities that I have at my job, I have be very organized and ready to work on a fast-paced motion. I enjoyed working and collaborating with my colleagues because it gives a touch of sense and collaboration that gives a as a result a well-managed plan where students learn and feel safe. The hardest part of my job I will say its not being prepared therefore I encourage myself on a daily basis to be prepare and ready to face my teaching skills and provide my students with the best quality education.
Pros
love working with others
Cons
short breaks
rewarding job
Special Needs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 25, 2012
I love working with kids and working with special needs children has opened my eyes see how happy I get when one of my students learns.
No Comment
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CANovember 29, 2012
This Job was a good job to have but the employer lacked integrity and supervision. This employer would hire people with out doing background checks putting its staff and public at risk.
I met good people and was happy to have gained the experience.
Pros
being employed
Cons
employer integrity
Great Place to work
After School Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 7, 2012
I enjoyed working with my fellow teachers,being a part of a team of people who wanted to enrich the lives of others is great. I liked working with children learning from them and teaching them. Every day was a new experience and watching them grow and change was very satisfiying. The hardest part of the job was not being able to be there more. The students were a part of my life. I enjoyed helping them learn and grow. I embraced their accomplishments after a plan was set for them. Such as a improved grade or a sport learned, a project finished. Making others thrive was what I was born to do.
Pros
children, change, learning new things.
Cons
not enough hours, part time, limited growth, pay.
A learning experience.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMay 21, 2012
I worked directly with the CBO and all the departments under his authorization, that included: Security, accounting, insurance, rish management, technology, purchasing, etc. I interacted with the community as well as other staff members very often. I enjoyed the constant learning and family oriented atmosphere.
Pros
learning enviornment
Cons
healthcare premiums

Lynwood Unified School District Reviews by Location