Lynwood Unified School District Employee Reviews

Wonderful students and parents
Teacher on Special Assignment (Former Employee) –  District Office, Lynwood, CaJuly 18, 2017
I had a pleasant experience while working at Lynwood Unified School District. The parents and students value your work and it shows. The district is also very quick to listen to teacher requests. Overall, it is a great company to work for.
Highly political
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 14, 2017
Working for LUSD was the most enlightening, yet horrific experience of my life. Compensation and Benefits were comparable to market, but the work environment is highly stressful and political.
You can only advance if your a relative/friend of management.
Gardener/Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 13, 2017
Work is slow paced, but the stressful part is Arguing with coworkers who don't do their fair share of work. And when you work in a project the whole dept lacks the exact tools needed to get the job done in a timely manner.
Great working environment
Campus Safety Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMay 13, 2017
Working in the education field is a job that requires a lot of skill, patience and training, but can be one of the most rewarding jobs for the right type of person. Specifically, special education applies to both children and adults who have varying degrees of learning challenges and require special attention by teachers and advisors.

There are a number of advantages to working in education, from business to personal reasons. These benefits are important that potential for Campus Safety Officers consider their true passion for the job overall. School Campus is generally considered to be a challenging position and should only be taken on by individuals who are fully prepared to help those who need their talents and training the most to keep the school campus safe.

Campus Safety Officers they also have to work with behavioral and emotional problems that may arise in their working environment, a factor more common in special education than in classrooms with students who don’t have diagnosed learning disabilities.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Budgets cuts
multi culture atmosphere
INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT AIDE (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAApril 30, 2017
I enjoy working at Lynwood unified but am currently looking for job stability and benefits. It is a very good place to start your teacher experience and provides with flexible days off.
enjoy working with staff
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAApril 24, 2017
I enjoy working with Lynwood Unified School District, all teachers and staff are really friendly and always with a smile on their face. parents really cooperate with all staff.
Wonderful, team-oriented work colleagues
Elementary School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 8, 2017
The district has improved so much under this current superintendent and the schools and its teachers have increased the API scores steadily through the years. The hardest part of the job is the challenges public educators face in terms of creating cohesive lesson plans and implementing them during this "Common Core" era.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Short breaks, Common Core confusion
What I think about being a custodian
School Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lynwood ca.December 8, 2016
I enjoy working with my co workers we have getting our jobs done. what I learned is that there is always something to do be it my own assignment or some kid throwing up constantly working one side of the school to the other. To me there are no hard sides of the job. I enjoy what I do and its all in the job description no surprises.
Pros
there is always work
Cons
Im a sub custodian no benefits
great place to work. friendly staff. great students
Occupational Therapy Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CASeptember 29, 2016
Great place for intern,great place to work. friendly staff. great students. i love it. its just too far from my home. i had to wake up around 3 am in order to be there earlier. horrible traffic
Productive and fun workplace there is a different task to do daily.
Campus Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 9, 2016
Productive and fun workplace there is a different task to do daily, My coworkers are very encouraging , the hardest part of my job on a daily is making sure the students and staff is safe. My enjoyment is communicating with the students and encouraging them to get their education and never give up.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
healthcare
Super fun!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Typically helping students with their homework and handing out lunches during the summers. The whole experience was really nice.
Great Workplace
AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Learned many things while spending my time here, even to the present.Many helpful people, and definitely a place worth applying to.
great job
operations supervisor 1 (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 20, 2016
this company is a wonderful place to work, you get a chance to work with kids and deal with different situations daily and meet great people.
Productive work place
Nutrition Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Prepare trays of food for different schools
Serve food for children at the elementary schools
Maintain the facility and all areas around the work space
Wash dishes
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Standing all day
hectici but fun place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAAugust 5, 2015
Employees managed their own schedules. Must show initiative and problem solving abilities. Atlantic Recovery Services provided employees with the opportunity to grow and develop professionally.
Pros
Flexibility
Excellent District
Instructional Special Needs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 2, 2015
I completely love working for the School District. All staff I have had an encounter with were extremely wonderful people. Everyone from the janitor to the principle all has the same goal which is to create a fun and safe learning environment for all students. Encouraging them to become great.
Pros
Being able to help someone in need. Building relationships.
Cons
We do not get to work 40 hour weeks.
instructional assistant
Instructional Assistant Special Needs (Former Employee) –  lynwood californiaJanuary 14, 2015
My position as a Instructional Assistant Special Needs(Sub) is to assist personnel to plan, organize and conduct instructional and training activities with children experiencing various physical and learning handicaps; monitor and control student behavior in accordance with established guidelines. Assist teacher with
IEP’s through instruction learning, vocational, social and skills, physical development and fitness and personal hygiene. Assist students with severe eating problems and monitor self-feeding student G-tube. Assist teacher in maintaining order in classroom. Monitor children in playground, fieldtrips and lunch area. Assist students by greeting them on and off the bus.
Pros
working with various children
Cons
not a year round job
Fun & Productive place.
Instructional Bi-Lingual Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 14, 2014
A great fun place to work with children of ages 4-11 yrs. Lynwood Unified is the place to work for. Great benefits and family ordinated.
Working with children
Special Education (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 7, 2014
Enjoy tutoring, group assignments, lesson plans, meetings
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Sub no health insurance
the most enjoyable part of the day
Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the day is working with the students.
Pros
The impact you have on students
Cons
no health care