Lyondell Employee Reviews

Lyondell Culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2016
This was my first real ABAP job. I was exposed to the world of SAP first hand with a tremendous amount of knowledge and learning experience. Started with R3 and moved on forwards. It was the longest SAP contracting job with top management and top notch professionals.
There was a lot of opportunities to learn and expand ones knowledge.
For me it was a local job with the opportunity to be with family and friends, earn a decent paying job and learn a lot.
Pros
A great place to learn
Cons
None to speak of
Great place to work.
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
Great place to work. Company provided all tools necessary to ensure a successful career. Pay and benefits were comparable or better than most comparable companies. Jobs are very demanding, but employees are compensated fairly.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits.
Cons
Very rigid culture
No management oversight. No professionalism.
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2017
One of the weakest PMO's I have ever experienced. No clear direction. Petty political games trap the contractors and they are used as pawns instead of a valued resources.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
contractors do not last long
Good place to work, safe, good environment
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  bay port txFebruary 2, 2017
Pipefitter journeyman level read Iso s take fill meassurements

fab ,cut fit ready for welder

Fill meassurements cut old pipe ,clean, set new spool
fit for welder
Pros
catfish on wheels for safety good work
Cons
10 hrs shift
A Great Experience
IT Network Operations Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Despite the size of the company, if you aren't afraid to put yourself in the spotlight, you will be noticed by upper management. Frequent opportunities to expand your skill set while showing off the ones you already have.
Instrumentation Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2017
I have worked at a chemical plant and the refinery for this company. Typical day includes dealing with the daily issues from operations. Working on the chemical side was better than working at the refinery.
Great working environment
Project Controls Lead / SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXAugust 8, 2016
Had great opportunity to learn all aspects of project controls. I was able to work with the Turnaround organization for 8 years before moving into the Global Projects organization. In the Global Projects organization, I had the opportunity to work with some great project managers. We worked well together in managing projects and assuring that they came in on time and budget. I also had a chance to work as a Business Analyst as the Global contact as the PM SAP super user.
Pros
Opportunity to work in all areas of the industry
Cons
N/A
I have been working at Lyondellbasell (More than 1.5 years)
AWS Engineer/DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
Pros
Great infrastructure and working environment, Work culture, Project Handling , Senior Managements.
Employee has option to select project.

Cons
NO cons as of now from my side.
good place to work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed my short time with Nalco. Only down fall was too much travel. Managers were good and professional. If I was needing a job I would consider again.
Pros
vehicle
Cons
travel
Too many politics, promotions based on ability to tell jokes and play golf rather than meeting goals
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
I worked for this company for over 20 years, during which time politics became more and more blatant. Bonuses were cut on the employees that were loyal to increase the bonuses on those who were more social and less productive. Many promotions were awarded based on the employees friendships with those higher up in the organization and had little to do with productivity. The annual goals document for salaried employees was a dog and pony show. One could complete every goal and more, yet still have their bonus cut because the company wanted bonuses to reflect a bell curve, with a certain number of employees placed in performance plans so that other employees could have their bonuses increased by up to 50%. Management has no empathy for salaried employees and heaven help you if a personal problem arises or your boss singles you out for reasons unknown.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of upward mobility and nepotism, as well as a lot of politics
Furnace project
CVO Olefins Expansion Project (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXNovember 14, 2016
It was a good place to work. The plant operator were always ready to help with issues overall good experience. The safety program was one of the best I have been part of.
good job
senior inspector (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILJanuary 10, 2017
under standing the job location and working with all was very good. safety was first. people very helpful and friendly . hrs was great /ot was good enjoy this job.
Strong asset base .
Global Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
Good company till Russian bought it. Provided minimal liquidity; cash for day to day operations. Chapter 11 was the result. New managment at the top is great and turned the company into a great performer based on shedding debt and shale gas!
LyondellBasell
Machinery Analyst/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Great Company to work for. They are striving to the best in there industry. Have a Great Reliability program. Tops in all safety aspects. Benefits and Pay are competitive with all company's.
Good Place to Work
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 13, 2016
Lots of day to day challenges to keep work interesting and great safety culture. Very good place to work, solid compensation and benefits.
Productive and safe workplace
I&E Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
This was a great environment to learn and to perfect my I&E craft. There were several people who wanted to help me grow and develop. However, the team runs lean.
Productive , excellent plant to work for
Process Operator Lyondell Chemical (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 7, 2016
Offered numerous opportunites for growth and new challanges. One of the best places I have ever worked. The plant was very safe and efficient. I would return there at any time.
Pros
Team work, 100 work week, I thrived in this work setting
Cons
Outside contractors not following Houston Safety Council guidelines
Male-dominated culture unable to mentor younger female engineers
RELIABILITY ENGINEER CO-OP LYONDELLBASELL (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 18, 2016
Although the ability to take every other Friday off was nice, the culture was unbearable. As the only female intern in a company full of males, I experienced rampant sexism and many scoffed at my existence. Several would tell me I killed 'the vibe' by simply daring to exist.
People-oriented
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
LYB is a great company that really cares about the people! Everyone is so nice and friendly, great working environment and very safe.
Productive workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
good organization to work with and productive.
smart coworkers and learnt a lot from them. would recommend to anyone who would look out to work for this organization
Pros
good life
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyondell. Our community is ready to answer.