Lyondell

Lyondell Employee Reviews

It was my first job in the industry
Operation Technician (Former Employee), Alvin, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: good culture
Cons: plant was closed
I liked going to work everyday and working with my fellow coworkers. I learned a lot working at this facility for 17.5 years.
Change is difficult
Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
There's potential to be a great company to work at however the amount of turnover within departments impedes progress.
Lyondellbasell Houston is a great refinery to work at, but I enjoy working at chemical sites more.
Direct Hire - Senior Inspector Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: As a salary employee I'am payed if I need to be out of the plant...
Cons: As a salary employee I am not paid for working after scheduled hours.
1 - During a typical work day I will visit assigned units to speak with ops and read unit log book to see what has developed over the past 24 hours. Perform inspections as needed; assist NDT crew on unit(s) as needed; write and review reports, etc.
2 - During work continuation (due to strike) I was assigned to work in the oil movements department as a pumper. During that time I learned the important of proper pipe alignments in order to move product to the correct location without contamination.
3 - Overall, it appears that management is really trying to make a change to improve to quality of life and culture during work hours within the Houston refinery. Upper management will visit, set down and listen.
4 - In an effort to improve the quality of inspection and reduce unscheduled down time I will visit and exchange views and ideals with several of my co-workers to get their view point.
5 - Lyondellbasell has loads of Engineering Guides and Engineering Standards. Learning them and keeping up with the updates is perhaps my greatest challenge.
6 - I really enjoy performing inspecting, training young inspectors and sharing knowledge with others in the field and by Microsoft Power Point presentation.
Producutive workplace with great people
Client Services/Support Center Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Job was near where I lived.
Assist in the Windows 2000 deployment, resolved IT-related issues, perform hardware/software installs. I learned about managing a team. My co-workers were good, hard-working people.
A good company with good benefits
Senior Lead Auditor (Former Employee), houstonMarch 17, 2015
Excellent compensation package but not a very friendly environment. I enjoyed my almost 8 years there but it's noryonet for eve
Good company to work for
Process Operator Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: union
Lyondellbasell is a good company to work for. They have a good bonus program and great benefits. The work life balance is good, but I would like to see a better way of staffing overtime.
Innovative company that is profit driven
Process Operator, Chemical Process Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: union support for better benefits and fair contracts.
Cons: risk of strike due to negotiations every 3 years.
Work schedule involves a 12 hour, rotating shift work; alternating from Days and Nights each week.
Climbing towers, stairs and ringed ladders.
Firefighting, Rescue and Spill training every three months; quarterly.
I've learned many operating skills and troubleshooting techniques over my 20 year career at Lyondellbasell.
We are a Union facility. Management is profit driven and provide the means for workers to be safe.
Coworkers are excellent and safety driven.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the constant changes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making gasoline safely and enjoying the pay and benefits for my hard work.
Marginal Corporate Structural Functionality
Senior R&D Technician/Image Analyst (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: positive income for 12 years.
Cons: no image of job stability.
The company was always "for sale", so final security was poor at best. Technical Structure of production seemed interesting usually, but manucaturing quality was weak.
Rewarding work with opportunities to grow in skill and education
Lead Console Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
I operate TDC 3000 and DMC Control on a daily basis. I have been trained on the reformer area and fluid catalytic cracking unit. I work together with my peers and supervisors to safely and efficiently run the unit within operating parameters and verify with lab data.
Very helpful colleagues and great environment
Administrative Assistant Global Security (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
So far I have had the opportunity to learn a little about the plants, and the process in security that thrives the corporate world. It has been great so far and continue to learn a lot.
Very demanding,very dangerous,lots of opportunities to excell, good smart people overall
chemical operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: i love the challenge
Cons: its a dangerous enviroment
I run the process on a day to day basis, I also ensure the product stays on test while maintaining max production whenever possible. Quick and sound decisions have to be made rapidly whenever the environment goes south. Lots of people depend on me to continue to operate the unit safely or shut the unit down if need be to prevent disasters.
fun place to work, very family oriented with decent benefits
First Class Machinist (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
laid back place to work, sometimes un-organized, wages are pretty fair. the point system for missing work due to a family emergency or being sick is really silly.
Great company
Operations Technician / Emergency Responder (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: benefits
I like working here. The pay great and give many opportunities to train and learn. You can advance in a few years if you work hard at it. Great management at lower levels.
A Lot of OT
Operation Technician (Current Employee), Clinton, IAJanuary 29, 2015
Management think that you make to much money and is cutting the bags of everyone. Way to much OT on a rotating shift. They literally own you. If you have a family stay away. You will never see them.
Lyondell Houston Refinery
Crude, Chief Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: pay, room for advancement, headquartered in houston
Cons: union, crafts run union, cronyism and nepotism are out of control, mowp is 20 years behinds the time
Pay is good, but union versus management is tiresome. USW needs to go and maybe and union just for operators needs to take over. I am indifferent. Management here is behind the times. Work process here is years behinds the time. I miss the Dow work process, but the pay here is better and lots of opportunities to leave operations
Need more diversity at the downtown location
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: compensation okay
Cons: more diversity for management downtown, tx
Felt like I stepped back in time working here. Some folks were nice but some very small minded.
Fast past
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lansing, MINovember 16, 2014
Lyondel Bassell is a great company. It is very fast past and detailed oriented. It is rewarding if you enjoy helping customers, placing orders and ensuring the product is delivered on time to the customers facility. If you thrive in a fast past environment and interacting with fun co-workers on a daily basis and being a team player, this is the job for you.
Lead, Customer Solutions Supply Chain (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
Nice group of people who really care about the bsuiness and the community as a whole.
Excellent Company
Analytical Chemist/Assistant Lab Supervisor (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXNovember 4, 2014
Excellent Company with competitive salary and good work environment.
Poor working conditions
Process Operation Technician (Current Employee), Northplant ChannelviewOctober 27, 2014
The company is not well managed and the supervision take pride in having power over you.

1 2 3 4

About Lyondell

LyondellBasell North America is the continent's leading producer of polypropylene. It is the American division of global petrochemical – Read more

Lyondell Salaries