Lyondell

Lyondell Employer Reviews

A good company to work for but the turnover ratio is damaging to Supply Chain.
Logistics Compliance Business Consultant Americas (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: freedom to define roles as needed to be successful
Cons: compensation plan bell curve is not always a good tool
Typical day at work includes daily / weekly highlight meetings and goals planning / replanning
I learned how to effective collaborate with many different facets of the busines and business groups to identify hot topics and prioritize my work week.
Management appear professional, but many seem to find it difficult or seem very hesitant to make a decision.
The – more... hardest part of the job is working with such a high turnover rate and dealing wit hthe knowledge loss across the supply chain.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the marine cohesiveness of certain members of the marine department. – less
Dynamic chemical company that recently emerged from bankruptcy in to a marketplace that is going through huge expansions.
Senior Manager, Human Reources (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PA area / Channelview, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: high growth in the chemical sector.
Cons: with the high growth in chemicals, the marketplace for engineers is extremely tight making recruiting for these positions challenging.
LyondellBasell provided me with a lot of opportunity for growth. I started as an accountant and ended as the Senior Human Resources Manager for their largest production site. I have had extensive experience with unions. This included the lead negotiator for the company on several collective bargaining agreements.
laboratory is a nightmare place to work
lab analyst/technician (Former Employee), houston, texasFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything else
Laboratory manager is an unfair person who acts like the workplace should be a high school clique where only those she like will get promoted and job securtiy.
The people I worked with were experienced Safety Professionals
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: safety culture is great.
I like working at Lyondell plants. They are 100% SAFETY minded and back you up on Safety matters
does not use employees to there full potential.
Interim Machinery Planner (Current Employee), la porte texasJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: no feel of job security
each day we would go out and perform any task that needed to be done. we performed multiple tasks at this pacility, such as boilermaker, pipefotting, rigging, millwright, ect. this compant did on the other hand send us to multiple places for training.
A chemical environment at a small plant producing highly hazardous chemicals.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Co-Op (Former Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 12, 2014
Being my first experience in a chemical environment, I gained knowledge about the production, storage and transportation of highly hazardous chemicals.
I&E Tech
Electrical and Instru. Technician, High Voltage (Former Employee), Alvin, TXDecember 14, 2013
Pros: 36 years of good work inviroment
Cons: plant closed
Job consist of trouble shooting Instruments and electrical Problem.
This included P M and day to day up keep of motor, transmitters, analyzers, high voltage switching..
horrible place to work with great pay
Senior Operator (Former Employee), Jackson, TNNovember 13, 2013
horrible management. great overall coworkers. extremely hot and cold conditions which lead to a great deal of physical drain.
A place to work with alot of over time
Process Cont (Current Employee), Clinton, MINovember 12, 2013
I would give this company a 3 rating. Have a lot of over time. Up to 500 hours a year.
You will be burried under bunch of files and projects.
E&I Engineer (Former Employee), Morris, ILNovember 7, 2013
Pros: pay & benefits
Cons: long long hours
Typical day at work is very busy ( more then 10hours a day)
They don't provide you a good mentoring ( I will see my mentor once every two weeks because he is always busy.
Coworkers are not very helpful. Most time they are busy doing their work. Sometimes you feel like they are ignoring you.
Hardest part of the job is shutdowns ( There is always something – more... wrong in my unit)
Nothing to enjoy at that company. You basically work 10+ hours everyday. – less
Operations Technician-Olefins (Current Employee), La Porte, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, stability
Cons: management turnover is concerning
Excellent safety culture with competitive pay and benefits
Nightmare
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: one time we were forced to go bowling with the cao
Cons: bowling with the cao
This place simply sucks the life out of you and then spits you out once you are no longer useful to them. If you have a family, beware, you will be in the minority. It is frowned upon if you leave before 7pm, you are not allowed to have personal life. The salary would be okay if you actually only worked 40 to 50 hrs per week but it is more like 60 to – more... 70. – less
Good company and site to work for.
Process Operator (Current Employee), Victoria, TXSeptember 29, 2013
Great company based on my experience as an unexperienced operator. Small site that has offered opportunity and advancement, as well as providing a safe environment among experienced peers willing to share their experience.
Good co-workers bad communication through management.
Internship (Former Employee), Channelview, TXSeptember 21, 2013
Helped me realized that I am looking more forward to being a process operator.
good and safe enviromental place to work
Pipe fitter Journeyman (Former Employee), channelview texasAugust 28, 2013
the hard part was when 5 other subcontractor working with us un such a small area but we always had good comunication with everybody. End the good part was every month they feed us and gave us presents cause our good safety record.
its a job
Minor Additive Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, TNAugust 27, 2013
pays ok but 12 hour shifts are not for everyone. managment is poor, hot and cold extremes.
Good Company
Principle HSE Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
Worked there for over two decades good people, good company
Working safely was a core value
Facility Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Newtown Square, Pa.July 16, 2013
Pros: great compensation, benefits, and training
Cons: small facility - no room for advancement
My day as a shift supervisor would start at either 5am or 5pm. You would review the last shift(s) log book and operating units documentation. You are the site contact for employees and contractors with questions or issues: R&D units, building systems, security, deliveries, and utilities. The operations ran 24/7 so unattended units required monitoring – more... and possible adjustments. In the case of a power loss facility operations equipment may need to be reset, along with some operating units. If repairs were needed you would contact the proper authority to make them. You were the “go to guy” and were expected to get it done. Job Safety Analysis and safe work permit authorizations occurred daily. You also authorized Confined Space permits and served on the rescue team. Any emergency at the facility, I would respond and assume Incident Command. I was in charge of the fire brigade and Emergency Management Team and conducted training as required, as well as procedure and policy changes. I attended weekly meetings to determine the most efficient use of our shop resources. I was also included in audits and incident investigations. Attending safety meetings we were educated on the latest safety and injury trends. As problems arose, on site or within the company, you were informed about them and what corrective actions were taken. The incident investigation findings were published for all to see and learn from. The management team was fair and expectations were communicated. I enjoyed my coworkers, many of which I still communicate with. Each employee was willing to help another with an issue with advice or equipment. The hardest part of the job for me was the rare occurrence of poor communication. I pride myself on getting the job done correctly and safely and need to know the requirements and details of the task. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping others with resolving an issue that was as safety or operational concern. I enjoyed learning new things everyday and keeping an open mind on how to do things more efficiently and putting that into practice. – less
Great experience
Internship (Former Employee), Channelview, TXJuly 16, 2013
Good atmosphere where there was ample motivation for career development.
Pay is good.
Utilities Waste Water Technician (Current Employee), Clinton, IAJune 25, 2013
Pros: good pay
12 hour swing shifts, very busy.
Write your own work permits.
Good people to work with.

1 2 3

About Lyondell

LyondellBasell North America is the continent's leading producer of polypropylene. It is the American division of global petrochemical – Read more