Lyondell

Lyondell Employer Reviews

Lead, Customer Solutions Supply Chain (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
Nice group of people who really care about the bsuiness and the community as a whole.
Excellent Company
Analytical Chemist/Assistant Lab Supervisor (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXNovember 4, 2014
Excellent Company with competitive salary and good work environment.
Poor working conditions
Process Operation Technician (Current Employee), Northplant ChannelviewOctober 27, 2014
The company is not well managed and the supervision take pride in having power over you.
Good secure job but no movement upward
Process Technician I operating (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiOctober 8, 2014
I enjoyed 14 years working with many wonderful people, but I needed to leave to find a more challenging position with upward movement.
clean plant, co-workers were supportive
Process Operator (Former Employee), texasSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: clean plant
Cons: management
12 hour rotating
learned how to load railcars
co-workers were great
hardest part was getting there
best part was talking and joking with co-workers
Worked there a long time
Business Analyst, Facility Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 9, 2014
Until they went into bankruptcy then was laid off. They encouraged us to do other jobs to make us more rounded in our experience.
I am a easy going person that can do anything all need is tools to do so a trainer is the key
production (Former Employee), Jackson tnJuly 23, 2014
make sure everything is set up and ready go plan ahead. good listen skills. I get along with everybody team work is must. hardest part of the job dealing with conflict. being able to take my time and do the job right.
Good safety culture
Process Technician (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: pay is great, benefits are good
Cons: no family life, excessive amount of overtime
LyondellBasell is a good place to work. The safety culture seems to be in line with other facilities. The pay in operations is on track with the rest of industry. However, there are excessive amounts of overtime.
HSE inter at a chemical plant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), La Porte, TXJune 4, 2014
filed MSDS sheets online and in hard copy form. help with other filing systems. made copies. kept supply room organized.
Strong operations in a complex refinery.
Senior Evaluations Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2014
Nice place to work, never a boring moment. Valuations group (economic analysis) trusted and consulted by operations for optimum way to run the refinery. A lot of sharing and interaction within the group. Opportunities to cross-train in different positions and duties.
Good compensation and freedom to do your work
Sr. IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: compensation, management
Cons: not enough resources to do all the work
LyondellBasell (LYB) is practically a new organization since coming out of bankruptcy because of the new leadership throughout the organization. The culture is focused on the bottom line and speed of execution. As a IT Project Manager I work with cross-functional groups and interdisciplinary global teams. IT PMO processes and tools have been developed – more... in the last 5 years and is starting to stabilize. LYB is very process driven, high administration overhead on projects, and extremely collaborative throughout the organization which can slow down execution. On the upside, the rigor ensures proper project management and alignment with all stakeholders. That is both the hardest and most enjoyable part of my job as a Sr. IT PM. – less
Serious and challenging work
Control Systems Engineer Co-op 3 (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2014
Typically will prepare for a morning meeting with operations. Then I would run down or investigate a small issue that was presented at the meeting. The rest of the day would be working through various elements of projects until they could be signed off as complete. Management was scarce most of the time. Co-workers were very helpful team players. The – more... hardest part of the job is putting together your best solution to a problem and it not being approved. The best part is getting hands on and figuring out what is happening to cause a problem. – less
A good company to work for but the turnover ratio is damaging to Supply Chain.
Logistics Compliance Business Consultant Americas (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: freedom to define roles as needed to be successful
Cons: compensation plan bell curve is not always a good tool
Typical day at work includes daily / weekly highlight meetings and goals planning / replanning
I learned how to effective collaborate with many different facets of the busines and business groups to identify hot topics and prioritize my work week.
Management appear professional, but many seem to find it difficult or seem very hesitant to make a decision.
The – more... hardest part of the job is working with such a high turnover rate and dealing wit hthe knowledge loss across the supply chain.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the marine cohesiveness of certain members of the marine department. – less
Dynamic chemical company that recently emerged from bankruptcy in to a marketplace that is going through huge expansions.
Senior Manager, Human Reources (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PA area / Channelview, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: high growth in the chemical sector.
Cons: with the high growth in chemicals, the marketplace for engineers is extremely tight making recruiting for these positions challenging.
LyondellBasell provided me with a lot of opportunity for growth. I started as an accountant and ended as the Senior Human Resources Manager for their largest production site. I have had extensive experience with unions. This included the lead negotiator for the company on several collective bargaining agreements.
laboratory is a nightmare place to work
lab analyst/technician (Former Employee), houston, texasFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything else
Laboratory manager is an unfair person who acts like the workplace should be a high school clique where only those she like will get promoted and job securtiy.
The people I worked with were experienced Safety Professionals
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: safety culture is great.
I like working at Lyondell plants. They are 100% SAFETY minded and back you up on Safety matters
does not use employees to there full potential.
Interim Machinery Planner (Current Employee), la porte texasJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: no feel of job security
each day we would go out and perform any task that needed to be done. we performed multiple tasks at this pacility, such as boilermaker, pipefotting, rigging, millwright, ect. this compant did on the other hand send us to multiple places for training.
A chemical environment at a small plant producing highly hazardous chemicals.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Co-Op (Former Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 12, 2014
Being my first experience in a chemical environment, I gained knowledge about the production, storage and transportation of highly hazardous chemicals.
I&E Tech
Electrical and Instru. Technician, High Voltage (Former Employee), Alvin, TXDecember 14, 2013
Pros: 36 years of good work inviroment
Cons: plant closed
Job consist of trouble shooting Instruments and electrical Problem.
This included P M and day to day up keep of motor, transmitters, analyzers, high voltage switching..
horrible place to work with great pay
Senior Operator (Former Employee), Jackson, TNNovember 13, 2013
horrible management. great overall coworkers. extremely hot and cold conditions which lead to a great deal of physical drain.

1 2 3 4

About Lyondell

LyondellBasell North America is the continent's leading producer of polypropylene. It is the American division of global petrochemical – Read more