Lyondell Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
good organization to work with and productive.
smart coworkers and learnt a lot from them. would recommend to anyone who would look out to work for this organization
Pros
good life
Cons
nothing
Productive , excellent plant to work for
Process Operator Lyondell Chemical (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 7, 2016
Offered numerous opportunites for growth and new challanges. One of the best places I have ever worked. The plant was very safe and efficient. I would return there at any time.
Pros
Team work, 100 work week, I thrived in this work setting
Cons
Outside contractors not following Houston Safety Council guidelines
Co-Workers are Awesome!
Special Projects Administrator (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 29, 2016
A typical day at Lyondell begins with everyone having a smile on their face. Communication and conglomeration are the keys to being successful.
Male-dominated culture unable to mentor younger female engineers
RELIABILITY ENGINEER CO-OP LYONDELLBASELL (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 18, 2016
Although the ability to take every other Friday off was nice, the culture was unbearable. As the only female intern in a company full of males, I experienced rampant sexism and many scoffed at my existence. Several would tell me I killed 'the vibe' by simply daring to exist.
Operations/Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 13, 2016
Management needs to be more in tune with the rest of the employees. The supervisors are good for the most part. Excellent training.
Pros
compensation
Cons
upper management
Beginning
Document Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXMarch 23, 2016
This was my first Document Control job and I learned a lot from exposed to wonderful personnel and skilled craftsmen. This job began my career in Document Control.
site buyer
IT Buyer, Site Buyer, and Strategic Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2016
Checking purchasing que for items that need to be purchased. Checking status of orders, making sure orders went out keeping up with the planner and his demands. I worked 3 sites.
Cons
working on-call
Productive, Fast Pace
Temp (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 2, 2016
This was a productive job that left me feeling very accomplished at the end of each day. I was very happy to have worked here with great employees and wonderful management.
Pros
Fast paced, clean, safe, great enviorment
Cons
Was not a permanent position
Great Place, but not the place I want to retire at.
Sr 2,Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
There are certain groups and technology groups that have better managers than others. Like people, it is a matter of the personality of who you can and want to work with and work for.

Technology work is done at the downtown offices with great diversity. You often can hear different languages chatting in the breakroom and even through passing in the halls.
Great
Outside Operator (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXNovember 2, 2015
Great company to work for and really looks out for its employees. They have a training program and great benefits.The managers and co-workers really look out for you and help with any need you might have. Wished I never left.
Pros
Great atmosphere and great training
Management and Leadership needs development
Site Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus ChristiOctober 20, 2015
A great place to work for those who are good with the status quo. Compensation is great and management will allow employees to make many of the decisions that affect their careers.
Could have been a great place to work
Raw Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 14, 2015
I was very excited about my job however after being there for only a few months and trying to learn a very hard job that was actually 2 huge jobs modeled into one, I was given a personal improvement plan as if I was a horrific employee. Truth was I was not given the best or most training that I could have been, I felt like I was set up for failure from the beginning.
Pros
great pay
Cons
14 hr days
Research Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXOctober 12, 2015
Worst management I seen in my 25 years in this field. In the last 1 1/2 years multiple people lost employment due to greed and inexperience team of management in Channelview, Texas.
Professionals have left due to the issues at this location.
Benefits and pay is great but stress is extremely high and workers are over worked and performing as 3 employees due to lack of hiring in order for management greed for larger bonuses. Safety is no top priority.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Everything else
competitive pay
Sr. Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2015
LyondellBasell offers competitive pay and great health benefits. The company culture has changed as it came out of bankruptcy to now posting record profits, however they continue to operate their IT department like they did under the bankruptcy. Management's solution to budget constraints is under-staffing and outsourcing.
Pros
Salary and Healthcare benefits were top notch
Cons
Currently operating without a CTO or CFO
Easiest money I've ever made
Contract Lab Technician through CDI (Former Employee) –  Channelview North LabSeptember 25, 2015
In a 12 hour work day, I'd have about 4 hours of actual work. The lab has no representation and have been doing things a certain way for years. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay. For the amount of work I actually did, I was paid about $30 per hour. As a contractor, I made less than full time employees yet I always heard them complain about wanting more money. I would love to go back and work for them again for less pay.
Pros
Great Money
Cons
no real management or chain of command
Great
Machinery Reliability Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Great Company to work for. They treat their employees with great respect and professionalism. I would recommend LyondellBasell to anyone looking for a job.
friendly and family atmosphere
Safety Trainer (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXSeptember 9, 2015
client and contractors are willing to assist on any aspect of the job site. clean site and all about safety. equal chance to work for Lyondell.
Released without warning
Chemical Engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Houston TxAugust 10, 2015
Terrible experience with one plant great experience with another.
Management promised to extend contract, but last minute released me. Am stuck in a terrible position now trying to find work.
Intense work environment
Senior Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
An exciting and intense work environment where culture of safety is king. Lots of nice people but not enough emphasis on professional training, development and personal growth.
Pros
Good experience and benefits
Cons
No flexibility, difficult for work/ life balance
Excellent Company
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2015
Lyondell is a well balanced company with excellent employees. There is real opportunity for advancement. There are no real bells and whistles with this company, but it is a solid company that you can have long term growth with.