Lyondell Employee Reviews in United States

A good company with good benefits
Senior Lead Auditor (Former Employee) –  houstonMarch 17, 2015
Excellent compensation package but not a very friendly environment. I enjoyed my almost 8 years there but it's noryonet for eve
Need more diversity at the downtown location
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Felt like I stepped back in time working here. Some folks were nice but some very small minded.
Pros
compensation okay
Cons
more diversity for management downtown, tx
Excellent Company
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2015
Lyondell is a well balanced company with excellent employees. There is real opportunity for advancement. There are no real bells and whistles with this company, but it is a solid company that you can have long term growth with.
You will be burried under bunch of files and projects.
E&I Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 7, 2013
Typical day at work is very busy ( more then 10hours a day)
They don't provide you a good mentoring ( I will see my mentor once every two weeks because he is always busy.
Coworkers are not very helpful. Most time they are busy doing their work. Sometimes you feel like they are ignoring you.
Hardest part of the job is shutdowns ( There is always something wrong in my unit)
Nothing to enjoy at that company. You basically work 10+ hours everyday.
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
long long hours
productive and
Senior SAP HCM Techno-Functional Developer (Current Employee) –  LyondellBasell, NJJuly 24, 2015
It is good working their, they provide balance between professional life and personal life. management and working environment is suitable for any passionate professional employee
Released without warning
Chemical Engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Houston TxAugust 10, 2015
Terrible experience with one plant great experience with another.
Management promised to extend contract, but last minute released me. Am stuck in a terrible position now trying to find work.
Great
Machinery Reliability Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Great Company to work for. They treat their employees with great respect and professionalism. I would recommend LyondellBasell to anyone looking for a job.
friendly and family atmosphere
Safety Trainer (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXSeptember 9, 2015
client and contractors are willing to assist on any aspect of the job site. clean site and all about safety. equal chance to work for Lyondell.
Excellent Company
Analytical Chemist/Assistant Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 4, 2014
Excellent Company with competitive salary and good work environment.
Good safety culture
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 17, 2014
LyondellBasell is a good place to work. The safety culture seems to be in line with other facilities. The pay in operations is on track with the rest of industry. However, there are excessive amounts of overtime.
Pros
pay is great, benefits are good
Cons
no family life, excessive amount of overtime

Want to know more about Lyondell?

Ask a question
Nightmare
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
This place simply sucks the life out of you and then spits you out once you are no longer useful to them. If you have a family, beware, you will be in the minority. It is frowned upon if you leave before 7pm, you are not allowed to have personal life. The salary would be okay if you actually only worked 40 to 50 hrs per week but it is more like 60 to 70.
Pros
one time we were forced to go bowling with the cao
Cons
bowling with the cao
Lyondell Houston Refinery
Crude, Chief Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pay is good, but union versus management is tiresome. USW needs to go and maybe and union just for operators needs to take over. I am indifferent. Management here is behind the times. Work process here is years behinds the time. I miss the Dow work process, but the pay here is better and lots of opportunities to leave operations
Pros
pay, room for advancement, headquartered in houston
Cons
union, crafts run union, cronyism and nepotism are out of control, mowp is 20 years behinds the time
A good company to work for.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 18, 2013
A typical day consist of processing around 50-100 invoices, which includes opening mail, sorting, sending out for approval, entering into the computer, running reports. We cut checks once a week, sent EFT payments once a week. Also processed all employee expense reports. Paid all the utilities and leases.
benefits
Cons
too many chiefs, not enough indians.
Operations Technician-Olefins (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXOctober 8, 2013
Excellent safety culture with competitive pay and benefits
Pros
pay, benefits, stability
Cons
management turnover is concerning
Extremely political environment creates undue stress
Procurement (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2015
The hardest part of the job is controlling the things other people say about you. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home every day.
great job
Material Handling Operator (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LASeptember 27, 2012
Great job had to relocate for family reasons. people friendly, great management, great benefits.
Depends on where you work in Lyondell
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  LaPorte, TexasMarch 9, 2012
Lyondell is a pretty good place to work for if you get to work in the right place with some decent people. Their benefits could be better but its not all that bad.

Comment – April 15, 2013

What are the benefits that Lyondell in La Porte offers? And what is their pay scale (e.g. start off @ $25, then $__, then $__, then top out)?

It has been a long ride (20 years)...
Senior Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 17, 2012
I have been with the company for over 20 years, operating as ARCOChemical Company, then Lyondell Chemical Company, and now LyondellBasell Industries. The site at which I work was once the world headquarters with over 1,000 employees here, but as the company changed names and ownership, the headquarters moved and only Research and Development remained here (less than 200 people). And now, they are constructing a new R&D center in Houston, TX, and closing this one, so I found myself with a choice: relocate my family or find a new job.
The people I work with are among the best-in-class. We all watch eachothers' backs and help out when and where we can. I will miss nearly everyone I've ever worked closely with, and I keep in touch with many that have gone before me. During our Chapter 11 era, we all learned to cope with doing more with less, and I found that to be a learning opportunity for skills outside my typical day-to-day responsibilities.
The compensation targets the 75th percentile of the industry and region. Annual bonus is tied to personal and departmental achievement of goals and safety record. Insurance options are excellent, and premiums and deductibles are reasonable.
I would recommend working for this company, but cautiously keep an ear to the ground for changes that come about quickly.
Pros
nice facilities, modern equipment, benefits, recognition for achievements
Cons
i.t. jobs fall victim to outsourcing, no flexible schedules or work from home
Has been a good emplyoer for 34 yrs
Senior Research Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMay 24, 2012
I have learned many job skills and met a lot of good people in my years at Lyondell.
Pros
good benifits & salaries
Cons
moving r & d center to houston tx
Good place to work, good people
Pilot Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 4, 2015
Overall a good place to work, good people and good atmosphere. A typical day was very hectic and busy, that made the days go by faster though, I enjoyed it,
Pros
Very comfortable and open
Cons
Odd shifts