Lyondell

Lyondell Employer Reviews

Good company
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 18, 2013
Pros: pays for performance
Cons: brutal expecations for delivery of results
Good safety culture. Very performance, visibility, and results driven. Must be able to get work with multiple teams and multiple personalities while maintaining a good reputation with managers throughout site.
Cool Place to work
Senior Laboratory Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2013
Pros: money
Ok Company it was a nice ride.
Always busy, Good people to work for and with.
It was a great challenge.
Productive, fun, laid-back workplace
VOE Clerk (Current Employee), Victoria, TXMay 19, 2013
Great place to work, great pay, very safe, and a fun environment to work in while still getting work done.
Terrible management
Contracts Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXXMay 6, 2013
This company provides no training. Job duties are misrepresented at interviewing phase.
Overall good company to work for!
Business Finance Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 2, 2013
LyondellBasell is a good company to work for and has a lot of opportunities for advancement.
A good company to work for.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: too many chiefs, not enough indians.
A typical day consist of processing around 50-100 invoices, which includes opening mail, sorting, sending out for approval, entering into the computer, running reports. We cut checks once a week, sent EFT payments once a week. Also processed all employee expense reports. Paid all the utilities and leases.
Productive and Very Professional
Payroll Tax Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2013
The Manager and Emoployeees are excellent, I would love to work at Lyondell Basell again.
Good company to work for
Intern Operator Co-Op (Former Employee), Channelview, TXFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: good overtime
Cons: hard to balance life and work
As an intern it was a very good experience, was able to build good rapor with co-worlers and mangement
Production Engineer (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJanuary 19, 2013
LyondellBasell is a great place to work! It's very fast paced and intellectually stimulating.
I was involved in various challenging projects in many teams including process control, process improvements, projects, and HS&E.
Depends on which site you are employed at
Process Technician (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: paycheck
Cons: biased management, no time off, coworkers are tight knit and not accepting of new hires
I was an operator at lyondellbasell choate rd. I recieved constant descrimination from day one because I was the only person in my hiring class with operations and emergency response experience. They treated me like garbage because i picked up on everything and learned quicker than everyone else. I was ahead of my whole class and recieved resentment – more... for it. I had a union rep pull me outside the control room my first day on shift and was told that there were people trying to get me fired and i had to watch everything i did for the next 9 months because they wanted me gone. I never once did anything to offend anyone but nothing I ever did was ever good enough. I aced all of my certification tests but in the end it wasn't good enough and they let me go 2 weeks before I joined the union because i left a 1/4 inch bleeder valve open on a line that was already double blocked by two valves. To think that someone that volunteers there time and energy to save peoples homes and lives could recieve such resentment is beyond me. I will never forget the horrible experience I had with this company. – less
Project Supervisor (Former Employee), Channelview, texasDecember 30, 2012
I learned so much about the chemical field working at this company, great co-workers and great enviorment.
productive very busy place to work
Lead Security Gate 1 and 16 (Current Employee), houston tx , la porte txDecember 11, 2012
Pros: very close to home and good pay
a typical day at work was busy always having people coming in for deliveries and pick ups having to put all the information in the computer taking care of all the gate passes and logs for anything and eveyone that came into the gate answering all phones giving all access to drivers contractors employees ect. i learned how to disipline myself how to – more... work and be proud of what i did my management was awesome and the co-workers were just as good we were a family out there not just co-workers everyday was a new adventure – less
Productive workplace with lots of fun.
SAP Basis Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 31, 2012
Pros: free football tickets, wide variety of food restaurants
A typical day at work starts with warm morning wishes to the team checking new emails and calender for any scheduled day to day activities, updates, intranet web for any announcements or notifications and taking care of responsible job duties and attending any team or company meetings.

Every work environment teaches you something new both technically – more... and professionally. I learnt working with different platforms, both OS and Database with multiple new components. – less
working at Lyondellbasell
Operator (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXOctober 10, 2012
Pros: 7 days off in a row each month
Cons: outside in any weather
A typical day at work can include several things, including forklift operation, loading railcars and trailers. Folding boxes ,labeling getting ready to fill and load trailers
recipe for depression and drinking
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), OHC- HoustonSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: paycheck
Cons: micromanage-belittled in front of coworkers-goals constantly changed
worked for the company 12yearst -thought i would retire from there .
Procurement was the end of my promising career-turn over was faster than hot cakes-management was sneaky-deceiving- lied- lied. first question to ask is why is there so many job openings. all the talent lef, discrimination, age, and basic harassment was okay. any reports to HR turned – more... to an empty ear as HR had just as high turnover. Shame that it took 65procurment professionals to leave for the director to get canned. – less

FormerlyInsane – October 2, 2012

spent 6 months there... felt more like a decade and your 100% accurate it was a recipe for drinking (not sure about depression, but definitely drinking)

Security Lead Officer (Former Employee), Westlake, LASeptember 29, 2012
Typical day at work, sign truckdrivers in, made sure BOL bill of lading was correct/ issued. Weighed trucks in/ out. Made sure trucks leaving meet DOT guidelines. Good people to work for, coworkers were awesome. Enjoyed meeting all different types of people.
great job
Material Handling Operator (Former Employee), Sulphur, LASeptember 27, 2012
Great job had to relocate for family reasons. people friendly, great management, great benefits.
coworkers were like family
Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee), houston, texasAugust 14, 2012
Pros: pros- learn as you go, birthday acknowledgements with cakes
Cons: too much micro management
It was nice in the beginning 5 years prior after bankruptcy things went downhill for employees. Company used to be a great company. corporate at least. does not value EXCEPTIONAL employees.
It has been a long ride (20 years)...
Senior Technologist (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PAJuly 17, 2012
Pros: nice facilities, modern equipment, benefits, recognition for achievements
Cons: i.t. jobs fall victim to outsourcing, no flexible schedules or work from home
I have been with the company for over 20 years, operating as ARCOChemical Company, then Lyondell Chemical Company, and now LyondellBasell Industries. The site at which I work was once the world headquarters with over 1,000 employees here, but as the company changed names and ownership, the headquarters moved and only Research and Development remained – more... here (less than 200 people). And now, they are constructing a new R&D center in Houston, TX, and closing this one, so I found myself with a choice: relocate my family or find a new job.
The people I work with are among the best-in-class. We all watch eachothers' backs and help out when and where we can. I will miss nearly everyone I've ever worked closely with, and I keep in touch with many that have gone before me. During our Chapter 11 era, we all learned to cope with doing more with less, and I found that to be a learning opportunity for skills outside my typical day-to-day responsibilities.
The compensation targets the 75th percentile of the industry and region. Annual bonus is tied to personal and departmental achievement of goals and safety record. Insurance options are excellent, and premiums and deductibles are reasonable.
I would recommend working for this company, but cautiously keep an ear to the ground for changes that come about quickly. – less
Supervisor loading turminal and solid packaging
Operator (Current Employee), channelview, texasJuly 17, 2012
Oversee loading of railcar, tankcars, ships. Also responsible for soild packaging.

About Lyondell

LyondellBasell North America is the continent's leading producer of polypropylene. It is the American division of global petrochemical – Read more