Lyons HR Employee Reviews

Good wholesome atmoshphere
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 17, 2017
Typical day would consist of packing, stocking, and reshipping orders.

Learned how to handle different challenges.

Team work is what the job was all about; everyone helped their coworker.

There wasn't a hard or most enjoyable part of the job. Everyone was responsible and work their shifts as required
Great temp service
Nurse Assistant/Customer Service/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALNovember 17, 2017
This is a temp service. They do a great job of getting employees hired in temp or temp to perm positions. I never went more than one day without a job assignment and was hired full time at the third client for where they sent me to work.
Pros
Very little down time
Cons
No benefits while temping
Good work environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  6th ave decatur, alOctober 10, 2017
Quick hiring process. Decent pay and hours. Receive vacation and paid holidays after one year of working. Eligible to be hired on after three months of work.
Very decent place
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2017
Lyons HR gave me a chance at something new and different, they let me learn something new, get more experience, set goals and complete them!! If I could, and f it was better pay than last time, I wouldn't mind working for them again at all!!!
Good for a starting not long term.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 22, 2017
Lyons HR is and temp agency and its only ment for frist time workers. Not for a long time job. Very long hot days and i learned how to box parts. The managment was not the best.
Great company.
Safety Internship for Course Credit (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 16, 2017
Helpful management and a great work environment. I enjoyed my time with the company and it was a great internship. I highly recommend it as a location for somebody to work.
Upper Management horrible
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJune 2, 2017
Upper Management is horrible... You are taught to discriminate against people because of there health and backgrounds. Not a pleasant place to work at a bunch of backstabbing that goes on
Pros
non
Cons
upper management
Unprofessional
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 3, 2017
They I have the worst management skills I've seen ever. There was terrible treatment of workers,bad working environment, poor management of payment. I would not suggest this place to anybody.
Pros
A job
Cons
Poor management and did not receive overtime pay when I worked for it
Temp Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALMarch 27, 2017
This position was a temporary position. I was a driver, delivering sign productions. I enjoyed the temp position and wish it could have been a permanent position.
Pros
Office Staff
Cons
Temp Position
Dont hire pending fellons even if uour in Drug court
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMarch 1, 2017
Always have attitudes doesnt give you updates on jobs very disrespectful takes most your pay would recommend some other temp service.
Pros
They have good paying jobs
Cons
Their attitude suck an they are disrespectful doesnt hire pending fellonys
Lyons is a temp service but less sucky than others for the most part
Inventory control /logistics /warehouse -receiving (Former Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 16, 2017
It seems like no one cares about you and sees you as expendable cattle. It is a temp service but seemed to suck a lot less than most of them. I did get some pretty decent assignments for $11 and $12/ hour
Pros
Usually have decent assignments
Cons
U get laid off eventually from any assignment and there may not be another available for awhile
Did not do what was promised.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  University of Alabama, ALJanuary 30, 2017
I was told I would be working a temp-to-hire job but I ended up working a temporary job. The never called me back for another job and I called and came to them several times. Terrible service.
Not understanding
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 26, 2017
Not understanding, and I'm not sure why I am having to write a review for this company as I have not chosen to but made to by this job web site for what ever reason.
Fantastic!
Temporary Processor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 18, 2017
I loved my job there and would love to work there again. It is a great place to work with amazing people. I was laid off due to lack of work that's the only reason I'm not still there!
great work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 17, 2016
I was placed immediately. I enjoy working for the company I was placed. However, I needed something F/T . I am grateful for Lyons HR I always recommend people who are in need of a job to go there.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
P/T assignment I needed F/T
good place to work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 22, 2016
Needs more places to send workers only able to work two mouths before layoff. will need to find more jobs for the workforce they have
Pros
good place to work
Cons
needs more siters to send workers
Cer
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALOctober 16, 2016
2nd shift work. Management from the company came to me for answers on question they needed. We was contracted work. 10 hour shifts with breaks ever 2 1/2 hours.
Great Job but 18 months before hired permenent
Production (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 9, 2016
Easy job to be production. Loved the people, just not the situtaiton with the temporary work. I do not think for that kind of money you should have to wait 18 months to get a permenent position if you are doing a good job.
Lyons
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 28, 2016
I loved my job here. It's a great environment, stress free. Great management. I help schedule new pt's appts for doctors
Temporary Worker ( Roll Handler ) (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALJuly 25, 2016
Its a good work environment, my co-workers were nice. It wasn't that enjoyable due to the extreme heat conditions but once you get used to the heat then everything else is ok. I've learned how to do quality inspections and what to look for depending on the company. most people wouldn't like working twelve hour shifts,
Pros
you get an hour worth of break time.