Lyons HR Employee Reviews

Warehouse product rework.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJune 15, 2016
Perform quality checks on products and parts.
Package finished products and prepare them for shipment.
No job security for full time employment.
Benefits are extremely high and limited for doctor visits annually.
Company jobs aren't noticed by time works over new hire and no increase in salary for services performed for months or yearly.
Pros
Local position.
Cons
Unpaid for temporary position.
Did not do what was promised.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  University of Alabama, ALJanuary 30, 2017
I was told I would be working a temp-to-hire job but I ended up working a temporary job. The never called me back for another job and I called and came to them several times. Terrible service.
great work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 17, 2016
I was placed immediately. I enjoy working for the company I was placed. However, I needed something F/T . I am grateful for Lyons HR I always recommend people who are in need of a job to go there.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
P/T assignment I needed F/T
Cer
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALOctober 16, 2016
2nd shift work. Management from the company came to me for answers on question they needed. We was contracted work. 10 hour shifts with breaks ever 2 1/2 hours.
Not understanding
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 26, 2017
Not understanding, and I'm not sure why I am having to write a review for this company as I have not chosen to but made to by this job web site for what ever reason.
Fantastic!
Temporary Processor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 18, 2017
I loved my job there and would love to work there again. It is a great place to work with amazing people. I was laid off due to lack of work that's the only reason I'm not still there!
good place to work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 22, 2016
Needs more places to send workers only able to work two mouths before layoff. will need to find more jobs for the workforce they have
Pros
good place to work
Cons
needs more siters to send workers
Starter Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALMay 19, 2016
This job would have been great if I was a college student just needing something full time to get by, or a high school student that just needed experience, but there was really no opportunities to advance or grow. Once you reach a certain spot you are pretty much stuck. Also the pay was the maximum it was ever going to be and that did not make me very happy. Management was awful and the office is extremely unorganized because of that reason.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Clean environment
Cons
Pay
Great Job but 18 months before hired permenent
Production (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 9, 2016
Easy job to be production. Loved the people, just not the situtaiton with the temporary work. I do not think for that kind of money you should have to wait 18 months to get a permenent position if you are doing a good job.
Temporary Worker ( Roll Handler ) (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALJuly 25, 2016
Its a good work environment, my co-workers were nice. It wasn't that enjoyable due to the extreme heat conditions but once you get used to the heat then everything else is ok. I've learned how to do quality inspections and what to look for depending on the company. most people wouldn't like working twelve hour shifts,
Pros
you get an hour worth of break time.
was not an understanding company
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, ALApril 25, 2016
I worked factory until it made me sick. I was told by the doctor that I had to quit. Lyons was not understanding on the days when I was too sick to come in because of the conditions. They paid me $10 per hour out of my $13.00 wages the first check they took money out of. the next few were fine, after that money would disappear. I did not enjoy working for them. The people I worked with had mutual feelings and were pleasant. The people in the Lyons hr office were rude and felt entitled. At Navistar I learned how to operate a forklift and a crane.The hardest part of the job was standing on concrete floors in steel toes boots all day. I enjoyed the hard work and the use of the machines.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
dirty work, made me sick
Lyons
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 28, 2016
I loved my job here. It's a great environment, stress free. Great management. I help schedule new pt's appts for doctors
Fun place to work
Assist HR Department (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2016
Its a great company to work they put you were you will do a great at it awesome to learn new thing everyday the management help you to reach your goals and deadlines we get a hour lunch break
lyon HR is an fun and great enviroment wonderful people great clients and most of all great job security
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 9, 2015
lyon HR is an great place to work caring and loveable people great benefits and job security overall it an great place to work.
Great Experience
Custodial (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 20, 2015
I was interviewed the same day, I applied to Lyons. The company found employment that fit my experience and I started working the next day. I worked through Lyons for about a year as a temporary employee, before the company decided to make me permanent. I am a full time employee with benefits and its been that way for 3 years and counting.
Easy going work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hartselle, ALJune 6, 2016
Easy going work, really loud work environment, and constantly on your feet all day. Had many opportunities to grow with the company if you wanted to. Hours were great. Supervisors were helpful and friendly.
Fast pace enviroment,but you are given opportunitues for advancement
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALMarch 21, 2016
Company is very upfront, about job duties, hours, and full time opportunities. Very satisfied with what was promised. Started as a temp thru Lyons HR,now full time employee, thanks Lyons.
Pros
At leaat 40 hours a week, good training.
Cons
Short breaks if any, very high production demands, stressfull.
managment is good. no complaints with this company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 22, 2012
The enviornment is great you have many oppertunities to advance with this company.
Pros
cold
Cons
good benifits
Upper managment wasnt really professional
MATERIAL HANDLER/PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  Huntsville,ALMay 5, 2014
Long hours and low pay. Upper management treated employees very unfairly
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Productive and able to contact a person to answer any questions
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALFebruary 5, 2014
Lyons HR is a temporary service that had set up a job with North American Lighting. I assemble headlights, Supervisor with update as to how many are needed for the day. I have a co worker that completes the process to send to next area. The hardest part is the standing for 10 hours a day for 6 to 7 days a week. The people I work around are like family.
Pros
Learning something new
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyons HR. Our community is ready to answer.

50%