Lyons HR Employee Reviews in United States

Warehouse product rework.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJune 15, 2016
Perform quality checks on products and parts.
Package finished products and prepare them for shipment.
No job security for full time employment.
Benefits are extremely high and limited for doctor visits annually.
Company jobs aren't noticed by time works over new hire and no increase in salary for services performed for months or yearly.
Pros
Local position.
Cons
Unpaid for temporary position.
Fun place to work
Assist HR Department (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2016
Its a great company to work they put you were you will do a great at it awesome to learn new thing everyday the management help you to reach your goals and deadlines we get a hour lunch break
Starter Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALMay 19, 2016
This job would have been great if I was a college student just needing something full time to get by, or a high school student that just needed experience, but there was really no opportunities to advance or grow. Once you reach a certain spot you are pretty much stuck. Also the pay was the maximum it was ever going to be and that did not make me very happy. Management was awful and the office is extremely unorganized because of that reason.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Clean environment
Cons
Pay
was not an understanding company
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, ALApril 25, 2016
I worked factory until it made me sick. I was told by the doctor that I had to quit. Lyons was not understanding on the days when I was too sick to come in because of the conditions. They paid me $10 per hour out of my $13.00 wages the first check they took money out of. the next few were fine, after that money would disappear. I did not enjoy working for them. The people I worked with had mutual feelings and were pleasant. The people in the Lyons hr office were rude and felt entitled. At Navistar I learned how to operate a forklift and a crane.The hardest part of the job was standing on concrete floors in steel toes boots all day. I enjoyed the hard work and the use of the machines.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
dirty work, made me sick
Fast pace enviroment,but you are given opportunitues for advancement
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALMarch 21, 2016
Company is very upfront, about job duties, hours, and full time opportunities. Very satisfied with what was promised. Started as a temp thru Lyons HR,now full time employee, thanks Lyons.
Pros
At leaat 40 hours a week, good training.
Cons
Short breaks if any, very high production demands, stressfull.
Factory Work in Assembley
utility worker (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 17, 2015
12 hour shifts 6 to 6 but flexible days. thirty minutes for lunch and two fifteen minute breaks. Work was labor intensive.
no comment
Material Handler/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALOctober 21, 2015
As far as employment services go, they did what they were supposed to do, found me a job. I would use them again. Nothing negative to say.
An exciting company
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 27, 2015
Working as a Custodian for Lyons HR has been very interesting. For the first time in that field, I have been loving it thus far. I have gained a lot of information on becoming a world- class custodian.I have great co-workers and superiors.
Great Experience
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2015
Great management and staff. I had learned a lot working for this company that will allow me to utilize those skills in the future.
Plant Experience
GE Temp. Anthony Griggs, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 14, 2015
Lyons has provided me with plant experience through GE. I've learned about production and assembly. I have friendly coworkers.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJuly 6, 2015
I did a lot of pallet building my first year or so then I started forklift driving. I first year they moved me like two or three time to different job sites. The jobs was seasonal. other then the moves they did with me liked the jobs they was giving me. the only thing when the job end it take a long time for them to find you a job.
I hated this job
TNT Laborer (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJune 10, 2015
The worst place I've ever worked in my life. The conditions were awful. The only thing I enjoyed about the day was getting off for work.
lyon HR is an fun and great enviroment wonderful people great clients and most of all great job security
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 9, 2015
lyon HR is an great place to work caring and loveable people great benefits and job security overall it an great place to work.
Great Experience
Custodial (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 20, 2015
I was interviewed the same day, I applied to Lyons. The company found employment that fit my experience and I started working the next day. I worked through Lyons for about a year as a temporary employee, before the company decided to make me permanent. I am a full time employee with benefits and its been that way for 3 years and counting.
laid back and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 5, 2015
my duties included answering the phone, taking messages,scheduling appointments. any employees or guest entering or leaving building had to sign in and out with me at the front desk.
CiCi's Pizza
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALFebruary 26, 2015
Also, a good place to work if you are a high school student or in need of a part time job. You aren't gonna go far here but if it suits your needs, go for it.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
horable
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 23, 2015
the boss was lead by an operator i was also lead on with intention to make more money and was continuously lied to found out it was going to be over a year to go perm and it was too long of a drive
Great temporary service
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 24, 2015
Lyons HR helped me receive a job almost immediately after I applied. They made applying and finding a job simple and easy.
i found this job very interesting
factory worker (Current Employee) –  decatur,alJanuary 22, 2015
i found this job to be a very good learning experience. it was my first time working in a factory and on an assembly line and warehouse fixing and making the product. I liked learning all the new things i got to experience while working for this company at G.E.
Pros
experience
great
production (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 15, 2014
great services, it was very great working for them. I enjoyed the committed responses by the permanent workers