Lyons Magnus Employee Reviews

Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 15, 2017
Taught me alot about the sanitation process in a fruit industry. It was a very good learning experience. Learned how to use chemicals such as bleach, acid, foam, etc.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Really really hot at times
Everyone's always grouchy and in a bad mood
Stacker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 7, 2017
It wasn't a fun place to work but work was always there. Management was poor, would tell you not to show up then write you up for missing work as if they didn't tell you to not come in. It was ridiculous
Pros
Always work
Cons
No life
Company overall
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Walton, KYMarch 31, 2017
I have work with this company for a few years. The company is solid and growing. The work life can be ruff at times but it is a factory with production schedules to keep. All in all the people are good and easy to get along with. The one main thing is there is a lot of little clicks and depending witch one your in tells what you get away with. One of the major problems is Cell Phone use all over the plant even on the production lines and in maintenance. There is a policy no cells but Supervisors do not in force it. They are also playing the games on there phones. But all in all it is a good place to work it you can get over the favoritism to some of the employees
Pros
Pay is good but a little low for the area
Cons
The clicks and people playing on cells and not doing there job
Lots Of Hours and friendly inviorment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 16, 2017
I had a good experience with the company, sadly it was cut short due To Physical Background. They have a variety of positions and possibility of growth if employee is motivated. They Have a Nice Break room and many entry's to get where you need to be fast.
Pros
Coworkers glad to help
Cons
!2 hours a day is a little hard to get used to
Great place to start out working
Report directly to the Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Great place to start out a carrier good pay, good benefits weekends off. Year round work and good management only downside is moving up past entry level position is difficult.
Great co workers
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 10, 2016
I would work on the machinery that was broken down. I got along great with all of my co-workers. I am a team player. I enjoy learning about new machines and working on them
Fast paced, fast growing, productive place to work
Human Resources LMW (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 28, 2016
Lyons Magnus is a company where you get to wear many different hats. In the few years here I have been here I have grown not only as a person but also as a professional. The team I work with have always been very kind and flexible with my work/life needs. The co-workers are all amazing and helpful and the culture of the company is very relaxed yet it maintains its professionalism. This is a state of the art facility with amazing opportunities to grow and flourish.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Lyon Magnus. It allowed me to use my skills and a chance to learn new software for example Microsoft Dynamics. The environment in the job site was upbeat and very friendly. I was very comfortable in my area as it allowed me to work with minimal supervision.
Pros
Great compnay
Cons
n/a
Fast paced and dynamic
Laboratory (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 12, 2015
If you work in the lab, it entails being on your feet constantly. Lots of work and never enough time. People are ok to work, just like any other corporate office.
Lyons Magnus
Administrative Assist for QA Lab & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYFebruary 11, 2015
It was a great place to work. Co-workers were fun to be around. They were very helpful if you had any questions. Most everyone got along.
Pros
Laid back work environment, no pressures.
Cons
Having executive's relatives in managements positions
Fast paced environment and everyone is friendly
Human Resources Intern, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 7, 2014
Lots of exposure to a variety of typical job duties, there is always something to do. I learned of many practical aspects of the job and I gained a real view of what it's like to work in a large office. Co-workers and supervisors are friendly and engaging. The most difficult part of any administrative job is the constant sitting, however, this particular job required the occasional walking and delivering checks throughout the office.
Pros
free company discount card
Cons
Routine practices and prolonged sitting
In the past was a good place to work.
Maintenance and Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Walton, KYFebruary 3, 2014
I have enjoyed a long career at Lyons I have seen three vps and several maintenance managers come and go but i have been blessed to make a good living for my family their.
Very nice place to work
Receiving and shipping (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 10, 2014
I was only a fill in for someone who was having surgery, however if I was asked to return I would, very organized and structured
Pros
great retirement packages
Rapidly growing company
Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYDecember 19, 2013
The typical work day was fast paced. I was able to learn a lot about processors and the batching of products. Most of the management was very knowledgeable and willing to teach you. However, there are a few that didn't belong there due to their inability to learn the job or make much of an effort. So, that made the job frustrating at times. But, overall the people were the most enjoyable part of working there.
Pros
A lot of hands on learning
Cons
compensation was low
A great company to work at.
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 13, 2013
U Learn everyday something. great leadership in the company coworkers are will helpful when it slow down working with great co workers
Pros
u can move up with the company
Cons
to many story tellers
Maintenance
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Walton KYJuly 17, 2013
The maintenance department has no structure, the maintenance director has no experience as a head of a department, has no idea how to structure a maintenance department, very impersonal, always looking to blame someone for any mishaps, monitors evey move of the maintenance personel using the cameras throughout the plant. If your looking for OK pay, this is the place. If your looking for a team atmosphere, respectable management, organized department, good co-workers, this is not the place. The ONLY reason some of the management is in the positions they're in, is because the VP is their daddy. Not because they have extensive experience.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management is not professional
maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  walton kyMay 27, 2013
The new management in the maintenance department has shown on professional courtesy. If you ask something you will not get an answer. The new maintenance manager / paper pusher all he dose is watch you on the cameras and watch your every move. He will not even have a meeting with his people he just ignores them and walks right by them.
Pros
Cons
to many
Productive and fun working environment
Operations Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93720April 3, 2013
Lyons is a national leader in the food and beverage industry. Lyons was a great company to work for. The atmosphere is structured, friendly and professional.
Pros
great company!
Cons
n/a
Great, Busy Place to Work!
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Lyons Magnus is a great place to work. I have the ability to work with a multitude of very experienced individuals who can show me the best ways to get things done, but also allow me to make my own changes for the better. Mngmnt. is very involved which makes a great working environment. My co-workers are great to be around and bounce ideas off, as well as implementing them
Pros
busy and succesful company
Cons
long hours at times
Challenging; great people to work with
Corporate (Former Employee) –  caDecember 12, 2012
Great owner; very fast paced, long hours, but exposure to all areas in your field of interest
Pros
owners appreciation to employees
Cons
some managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyons Magnus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9