Lyons Magnus Employee Reviews in United States

Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Lyon Magnus. It allowed me to use my skills and a chance to learn new software for example Microsoft Dynamics. The environment in the job site was upbeat and very friendly. I was very comfortable in my area as it allowed me to work with minimal supervision.
Pros
Great compnay
Cons
n/a
Rapidly growing company
Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYDecember 19, 2013
The typical work day was fast paced. I was able to learn a lot about processors and the batching of products. Most of the management was very knowledgeable and willing to teach you. However, there are a few that didn't belong there due to their inability to learn the job or make much of an effort. So, that made the job frustrating at times. But, overall the people were the most enjoyable part of working there.
Pros
a lot of hands on learning
Cons
compensation was low
Terrible management . Expects you to work 20 days straight.no time off.
Maintenance/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYJuly 5, 2012
This is the worse company I've ever worked for. Management fights within itself and causes the entire plant to be miserable. Employees are mistreated and disrespected on a daily basis. This company does not believe in a balance between work life and home life. This company has no probloem working you 20 something days straight and then crucifying you if you want ONE day off to go to your kids birthday party. If the owner happens to fly in from Calofornia, watch out, he likes to yell and cuss at employees also. If you are applying for maintenance watch out, the 2 in charge of that dept. are the most meserable humans I've ever met, you have been warned.
Pros
it was a paycheck.that's about it.
Cons
you name it, this place has it. i promise
The biggest nightmare I've ever been involved in.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Walton, KyFebruary 28, 2012
If you're looking for a work/life balance then keep looking. This hole expects every one to work 7 days a week year round 10-12 hour shifts. The worse management I've ever seen in my 18 years in the workforce. . No training, chaotic and hostile work environment. The absolute most miserable 4 years of my life. That's why I'm on indeed now, looking for a new job. But, hey, if 80 hours per week and never seeing your family and friends works for ya then this is the place for you. Cheers.
Cons
no life- hostile environment- poor management
Maintenance
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Walton KYJuly 17, 2013
The maintenance department has no structure, the maintenance director has no experience as a head of a department, has no idea how to structure a maintenance department, very impersonal, always looking to blame someone for any mishaps, monitors evey move of the maintenance personel using the cameras throughout the plant. If your looking for OK pay, this is the place. If your looking for a team atmosphere, respectable management, organized department, good co-workers, this is not the place. The ONLY reason some of the management is in the positions they're in, is because the VP is their daddy. Not because they have extensive experience.
Pros
pay
Cons
management is not professional
Lyons Magnus
Administrative Assist for QA Lab & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYFebruary 11, 2015
It was a great place to work. Co-workers were fun to be around. They were very helpful if you had any questions. Most everyone got along.
Pros
laid back work environment, no pressures.
Cons
having executive's relatives in managements positions
Great, Busy Place to Work!
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Lyons Magnus is a great place to work. I have the ability to work with a multitude of very experienced individuals who can show me the best ways to get things done, but also allow me to make my own changes for the better. Mngmnt. is very involved which makes a great working environment. My co-workers are great to be around and bounce ideas off, as well as implementing them
Pros
busy and succesful company
Cons
long hours at times
Fast paced environment and everyone is friendly
Human Resources Intern, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 7, 2014
Lots of exposure to a variety of typical job duties, there is always something to do. I learned of many practical aspects of the job and I gained a real view of what it's like to work in a large office. Co-workers and supervisors are friendly and engaging. The most difficult part of any administrative job is the constant sitting, however, this particular job required the occasional walking and delivering checks throughout the office.
Pros
free company discount card
Cons
routine practices and prolonged sitting
Innovative, successful foodservice company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 5, 2012
Lyons offers a dynamic work environment that I enjoy. Our products are incredible, which makes me very proud to work here. The company is growing and successful -- a rarity in this economy. I'm hoping that will translate into even more opportunities for me in the future.
Pros
great co-workers that make the day enjoyable, outstanding products, opportunity to grow in my position
Cons
work day less flexible than my previous job
maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  walton kyMay 27, 2013
The new management in the maintenance department has shown on professional courtesy. If you ask something you will not get an answer. The new maintenance manager / paper pusher all he dose is watch you on the cameras and watch your every move. He will not even have a meeting with his people he just ignores them and walks right by them.
Cons
to many

Want to know more about Lyons Magnus?

Ask a question
Large company that works hards at being the best.
Production (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYJuly 11, 2012
Large company that works hards at being the best. Good Team of people.
Pros
advancement, oppertunities, diverse manufacturing.
Cons
privately held, restrictions on personal growth and problem solving.
i hate working here
maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  fresno,californiaMay 4, 2012
I work 12hrs shift 5 days a week...a lot of hrs but no life and low pay.... and unless u speak spanish on a everyday basis it is very hard to work the nightshift.... a very divided work place to work for... a very racist place to work for far production workers... majority of the production works are hispanic and the speak very little english
Pros
u can take home the some of the products they make, the products is very good
Cons
to much childish games, shifts and crews against each other
Good place to start an intership.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 5, 2012
It was a great opportunity to work at Lyons Magnus, it was my first real work business experience. I got to see how an enormous manufacturing company operates and how things work in the accounting department. I work along the A/P and A/R department as well as the Accountant Manager.
The hardest part of my job was the fact that I did not how a real business really operates, because they don’t teach that at school, and the most enjoyable part was learning from all my co-workers.
Challenging; great people to work with
Corporate (Former Employee) –  caDecember 12, 2012
Great owner; very fast paced, long hours, but exposure to all areas in your field of interest
Pros
owners appreciation to employees
Cons
some managers
In the past was a good place to work.
Maintenance and Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Walton, KYFebruary 3, 2014
I have enjoyed a long career at Lyons I have seen three vps and several maintenance managers come and go but i have been blessed to make a good living for my family their.
Good company if you are looking for experience or keep you busy
Forklift Operator/ Order puller (Current Employee) –  Fresno, caMay 2, 2012
When you work good you are the only person they have do most of the work, you are the "go to guy" Even though there is plenty of other workers doing nothing that are available. But other then that it is an awesome company to work for
Stressful job and dont want to pay more
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2012
Was only able to work part-time because my daughter only wanted to be breastfeed and company wanted me to work full-time, so I had to leave the company since they wouldn’t accommodate me.
Cons
no lunches because it was always busy
Overall probably could be a good place to work.
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 27, 2012
I didnt get to stay there too long, I liked the pay, but the hours were not guarenteed. And if I had a home problem, my supervisor at the time, really had no sympathy or compassion at all.
Pros
always a chance to learn
Cons
gossip, and lack of comunication
A great company to work at.
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 13, 2013
U Learn everyday something. great leadership in the company coworkers are will helpful when it slow down working with great co workers
Pros
u can move up with the company
Cons
to many story tellers
Very nice place to work
Receiving and shipping (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 10, 2014
I was only a fill in for someone who was having surgery, however if I was asked to return I would, very organized and structured
Pros
great retirement packages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyons Magnus. Our community is ready to answer.